The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech, K-Drives, and Conclave. Especially Conclave.

Randzom

Okay, so, I know the Conclave is kinda... Not very active right now, and I don't think it is a priority right now. But I really wonder, if DE was trying to revive it, what is actually possible there? Technically and realistically speaking.

Say, if I imagined there was Necramech PvP as well as K-Drive racing (but not solo) in the conclave, what could prevent it? Is it possible? Or not? What doe the community think about it? Did DE consider something like this? Maybe they mentioned something about the conclave while I was not here. Either way I would really play Conclave if it became a thing... Especially the Necramech PvP. Honestly I just wonder what we would need to make the Conclave popular. After all, Warframe is already probably one of the best f2p PvE games in existence, so if it was also fun in PvP , I bet it would become even more popular.

Also, erm, it is my first time posting here, don't know if its the right place for discussing this (sorry in advance, I just need to talk about this to someone).

• Like 2

Hiya and congratulations on your first post!! 

Regarding PvP, the biggest issue is that the game has too much going on on the PvE side and, I believe, DE is hesitant to push PvP to the point of pulling attention away from PvE. I, too, would love a Necramech PvP and think it is absolutely perfect for it! I also think an operator/Drifter + Dax option would work great, as well as a faction versus mode, featuring similar characters as is in the Arena and Index, albeit with different weapons classes, balance and utility based abilities.

The recipe is definitely there, but the timing isn't 

• Like 3

Necramech PVP sounds really boring. 2 Voidrigs holding M1 at each other, ADAD shuffling, playing energy chicken? But Warframe players are notoriously bad at aiming so baby's first mirror shooting exercise might have a place idk.

K-drive racing would be a better fit imo. It's frustrating that there's all these difference pieces and basic skeletons in the game that could be fleshed out for a more structured and coherent content. It's not a huge jump going from custom dojo obstacle courses to custom K-drive racing tracks- heck, considering the different pieces featured in obstacle course K-drive racing tracks would be less work than what DE already did. It's always struck me as weird that speedrunning and racing aren't bigger parts when mobility is such a major draw to Warframe's gameplay.

Best thing they can do to conclave is retire it, That ship has sailed and any resources spent by DE on keeping it active or fixing it's bugs are better off somewhere else.

Retire the conclave entirely and put all of it's syndicate rewards somewhere else.

• Like 4

The problem D.E. runs into when attempting to implement a genre into their game is: can they meet the standard of other games within the same genre? Most players don't just play Warframe and there's a high chance they've already played other games that fit a certain archetype that D.E. wants to add to their own game.

D.E. could add Necramech PVP, K-Drive racing and improve Conclave but will it meet the standards that players have come to know throughout the industry? A lot of players don't want to play a worse version of what's already available to them and if the implementation of these turns out to be a bust then people will wonder why development time wasn't put into more things centered around Warframe's core gameplay loop.

• Like 1

Last time they tried something was Lunaro, which is a "sport" ; not as toxic as conclave itself with too much variables of frames and weapons. It even can be... fun.

• Like 2

Think as far PvP goes I'd rather see Frame Fighter get the attention. All players should get it for credits via market, not Simaris. I do like having to find them (frames) via missions though. Perhaps getting Nightwave tasks or Seasonal Events could be a thing. Needing AI for FF (Practice), and a camera axis shift mechanic. I honestly think if people played it more and provided honest "good criticism" they (DE) might follow up. Need Varzia as an alternate announcer. 

Pablo?

Edited by PrideB4TheFall
  • Like 1

its been years since I touched conclave so idk if this is the case

I think best case would be making it like valorant level, where there's "standardized" mode with frame ban-pick, long / limited ability cooldown, and standardised weapon pool instead of FFA loadout.

problem in conclave (at least back in the day) is people just bring kuva zarr and hope the lag machine gives iframe to not get hit first

• Like 2

Il y a 4 heures, BansheeAndZephyrMarried a dit :

Necramech PVP sounds really boring. 2 Voidrigs holding M1 at each other, ADAD shuffling, playing energy chicken? But Warframe players are notoriously bad at aiming so baby's first mirror shooting exercise might have a place idk

I think it would feel a bit more like Titanfall2 Titan-only mode, and that thing was not boring at all. There's also the fact that not all Necramechs might hold a Mausolon, actually it might be pretty easy to include mk1-Archguns with differents ranges in Teshin's inventory to avoid players using the same weapon, so I would not think mirrorring would be such a problem. And that's without even considering that the weak spots for Necramech could, weirdly, be placed at their glowing arms parts and their back, which means that Flanking and strategizing with the team would be very important. As for the abilities, well, they are easy to nerf, I bet the Voidrig 4 would not one-shot in such a mode or have the same damage reduction.

And while we're at it, Teshin might have mods that make Deployable Archguns viable compared to normal weapons on the Starchart.

Well, at least that's what I had in mind. Don't know if you would find it boring if it was like that.

• Like 1

Conclave is dead because DE lets it rot, and DE lets it rot because few players play it, and few players play it because DE lets it rot, and if you want to play it too bad so sad you'll be lucky to find a match with one other person. Why? Because DE lets conclave rot, and De le.....

Il y a 3 heures, _4shes a dit :

The problem D.E. runs into when attempting to implement a genre into their game is: can they meet the standard of other games within the same genre? Most players don't just play Warframe and there's a high chance they've already played other games that fit a certain archetype that D.E. wants to add to their own game.

D.E. could add Necramech PVP, K-Drive racing and improve Conclave but will it meet the standards that players have come to know throughout the industry? A lot of players don't want to play a worse version of what's already available to them and if the implementation of these turns out to be a bust then people will wonder why development time wasn't put into more things centered around Warframe's core gameplay loop.

That's... Honestly a good point... Tho at least it would be a f2p PvP that is not handled by greedy devs. Also not even sure we would even blame DE for putting time into PvP, they already do a pretty great job and I bet they could have time for it in the future if they ever get into a less interesting part of the storyline. If there's ever a conclusion to 1999, that is.

• Like 1

The only decent pvp we should get is Khal(s) vs Veso(s), a slow version of actual conclave with no variations. That would be balanced, and everything is already in game. Because the difference of skill can be so huge in actual conclave ; factoring actual skill + mobility mastery + build + characters/weapons knowledge make so much imbalance that even veterans that play in the higher league get stomped by a few tryharder (really good players) ; and many players abused that system to create new account to stomp lower league players. You would't have this issue with a much simpler mode where evrubody would have a chance ; you can even get inspired by arena/dogs days.

• Like 2

Il y a 2 heures, PrideB4TheFall a dit :

Think as far PvP goes I'd rather see Frame Fighter get the attention. All players should get it for credits via market, not Simaris. I do like having to find them (frames) via missions though. Perhaps getting Nightwave tasks or Seasonal Events could be a thing. Needing AI for FF (Practice), and a camera axis shift mechanic. I honestly think if people played it more and provided honest "good criticism" they (DE) might follow up. Need Varzia as an alternate announcer. 

Pablo?

Ho, been a while since I tried Frame Fighter. Did they ever update it? Last time I played it it was kinda clunky. With some love I guess it could be pretty interesting tho.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
il y a 5 minutes, dwqrf a dit :

The only decent pvp we should get is Khal(s) vs Veso(s), a slow version of actual conclave with no variations. That would be balanced, and everything is already in game. Because the difference of skill can be so huge in actual conclave ; factoring actual skill + mobility mastery + build + characters/weapons knowledge make so much imbalance that even veterans that play in the higher league get stomped by a few tryharder (really good players) ; and many players abused that system to create new account to stomp lower league players. You would't have this issue with a much simpler mode where evrubody would have a chance ; you can even get inspired by arena/dogs days.

Yeah, I did love that idea and think it would also have its place in Conclave. Didn't mention it in my original post tho, I think people already talked a lot about it. I also thought Necramechs pvp and K-drive could have been simple enough to handle, after all we have a somewhat limited amount of movement with these and Necramechs and Archguns are way less numberous than Warframes and their 3 categories of weapon (at least I know there could not be a Telos Boltace in here... God I hated when they used its perk)

Edited by Randzom

il y a 4 minutes, Randzom a dit :

Ho, been a while since I tried Frame Fighter. Did they ever update it? Last time I played it it was kinda clunky.

It doesn't work. It's a buggy mess. I tried a couple of times in the last couple of month with friends... was not playable. Not exaggerating. Couldn't hit, damage, grab. You could move left and right, most of the time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ConfusingEel said:

Conclave is dead because DE lets it rot, and DE lets it rot because few players play it, and few players play it because DE lets it rot, and if you want to play it too bad so sad you'll be lucky to find a match with one other person. Why? Because DE lets conclave rot, and De le.....

Indeed!

20 minutes ago, ConfusingEel said:

I don't think any amount of effort they put on conclave will pull players to it, people clearly come for the PvE.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Randzom said:

Okay, so, I know the Conclave is kinda... Not very active right now, and I don't think it is a priority right now. But I really wonder, if DE was trying to revive it, what is actually possible there? Technically and realistically speaking.

Say, if I imagined there was Necramech PvP as well as K-Drive racing (but not solo) in the conclave, what could prevent it? Is it possible? Or not? What doe the community think about it? Did DE consider something like this? Maybe they mentioned something about the conclave while I was not here. Either way I would really play Conclave if it became a thing... Especially the Necramech PvP. Honestly I just wonder what we would need to make the Conclave popular. After all, Warframe is already probably one of the best f2p PvE games in existence, so if it was also fun in PvP , I bet it would become even more popular.

Also, erm, it is my first time posting here, don't know if its the right place for discussing this (sorry in advance, I just need to talk about this to someone).

In Conclave, we can compete while killing the enemies (Grineer, Corpus, Infested, Orokin, Sentients).  The higher kill counts mean more rewards for the dojo clan. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Randzom said:

I think it would feel a bit more like Titanfall2 Titan-only mode, and that thing was not boring at all. There's also the fact that not all Necramechs might hold a Mausolon, actually it might be pretty easy to include mk1-Archguns with differents ranges in Teshin's inventory to avoid players using the same weapon, so I would not think mirrorring would be such a problem. And that's without even considering that the weak spots for Necramech could, weirdly, be placed at their glowing arms parts and their back, which means that Flanking and strategizing with the team would be very important. As for the abilities, well, they are easy to nerf, I bet the Voidrig 4 would not one-shot in such a mode or have the same damage reduction.

And while we're at it, Teshin might have mods that make Deployable Archguns viable compared to normal weapons on the Starchart.

Well, at least that's what I had in mind. Don't know if you would find it boring if it was like that.

ngl most of my Titanfall 2 playtime was in pilot vs pilot- it's not that I hated the titan fights, or I'm against the idea of mech fights. I just enjoyed the fast open air pilot fights way more. Like in Titanfall 2 I admit my bias against Necramechs- they're just not all that interesting to me. Necramechs were the clunky coffin bricks Orokins threw at the wall of Sentients before they made Warframes and it definitely shows in their relatively primitive maneuvers and stamina, compared to Titans which are intended to and feel like entities all of their own.

All that said I wouldn't mind your version of Necramech PVP with relatively limited and balanced numbers- there are speedrunners who can pull off clearly unintended fast maneuvers with Necramechs so I'd be onboard if only to see what sort of cursed techs people can squeeze out with Necramech PVP.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Last time they tried something was Lunaro, which is a "sport" ; not as toxic as conclave itself with too much variables of frames and weapons. It even can be... fun.

Lunaro is hella fun but, like I mentioned earlier, it has to compete with one of the best PvE experiences in gaming. It's hard to justify investment against the PvE experience.

I started trying Conclave the last couple days. I sometimes had fun, but I think I'm quiting. I saw smurfs, OP weapons, and people I suspect were cheating, but can't tell because the spectate angle is wierd.

I'm MR 30, and was looking to hit the niche parts of warframe I skipped on for a while. I give up, those armor sets and weapons skins will stay out of reach. 
😭

2024/8/27 AM8点33分 , C11H22O1 说:

I don't think any amount of effort they put on conclave will pull players to it, people clearly come for the PvE.

The entire game was also advertised as PvE. It is Warframe identity.

I also suspected the game engine and mechanics were not made for PvP. I mean DE can bend the engine and code and stuff to make it work, but the end result will never be as good as other games made for PvP, so why bother.