The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to get cat ears added to warframe!

Jeter1230

I think it's sad so many gamers are so scared of having some whimsy in their genocidal pastime. 

The entire idea of putting the WF aesthetic into a little box to make oneself feel better (and let's be real, more 'manly') is real as hilarious as it is sad...I mean to be scared of seeing others wearing things, the horror!

So many adults afraid of a little whimsy. So sad.

It's no different than mandating haircuts or any other 'you must conform' outlook onto anything - be it in a game world or not.

This one is based on a world literally being ripped apart by uncontrollable forces over long spans of time, that include human civilization, and some of you think bunny ears would never appear from people trying to stop thinking about how dreary things are?

Get over trying to force your small minded, creatively bereft boxes on others.

You do not have the right to never see something you don't like.

Cheers.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, 3xt1inct said:

Sure ok, lets add anime, lets add anime stuff that fits the game theme, lets take naruto (only ever seen clips of it mind you) from there we have the fox tails, the rectangles with focus school symbols in them (village bandanas) and manier ability animation. as far as i know there aren't any cat ears in naruto (all reference work and no direct copies).  another thing that would more fit the vibe is the military outfits from anime's like attack on titan (that fits the vibe and certainly with 1999, but will also invite nazi and holocaust cosplay). The political glyphs i was already against, because i want a game to stay politcally neutral. the anime glyphs are content creator glyphs (no power over that, but also not something DE made themselves, they just converted a jpeg). angel wings is valentine themed, the bat wings (demon wings) are halloween themed, the bunny ears are not the sexy kind, but the ones from the easter bunny, aka no cosmetic has been released with anime as a theme, maybe with anime as a reference but never a theme. Cosplay is something that can happen and is a good creative challenge for people who are into that, to remake a character with items that are not directly related to a character or an anime, like the great irl cosplayers do as well. the only skin that was directly related was the excalibur proto skin that referenced dark sector (warframe's predecessor).

So yes it would be surprising for cat ears to be in the game, because they are directly related to anime, which has sometimes been a reference for cosmetics but never the main theme.

Or they’re just cat ears

• Like 5

Lol no.

This artstyle, however far gone was somehow even further broken with year round textured fur bunny ears that fit in 0 out of all the avaliable frames. 

Just play VR chat if you want to be an anime catgirl- not every other game to conform to your personal tastes just because, the sheer entitlement of people these days, I swear.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kaiga said:

Lol no.

This artstyle, however far gone was somehow even further broken with year round textured fur bunny ears that fit in 0 out of all the avaliable frames. 

Just play VR chat if you want to be an anime catgirl- not every other game to conform to your personal tastes just because, the sheer entitlement of people these days, I swear.

Alternatively they can just main Valkyr who is already a Cat girl.

20 hours ago, 3xt1inct said:

I'm only advocating for what i like and what i think crosses a line, have i shamed anyone for their ideas? no. Have i criticised ideas and not the person putting them forth? yes. 

Why is it when people don't like the headwind someone gives them they attack the person, instead of replying with why they would advocate for the original idea?

Life is only as dreary as you let it get for yourself, instead of throwing bricks at "privileged people" try realising what and how you stand in life before you criticise others.

Stop forcing your Everything has to be open to everything mindset on everyone, it's called The geek social myth.

You do not have the right to never see opinions you don't like.

That is called being a hypocrite.

Cheers

The idea of squashing others from wearing whimsy are small minded and bereft of creativity. It's just that simple, in my opinion.

What you call the Geek Social Myth I call being a creative person and not allowing other to stomp on ideas.

Trying to make things conform goes against everything I hold dear, especially in entertainment, so I will speak out against people stifling whimsy and creative fun.

You can criticize me or my ideas, I don't care, you can ride your high horse off into the sunset.

I never implied I should not see ideas I don't like - I simply spoke out against them when I saw them, as you did.

I have no power to force anyone to do anything.

I know exactly who and what I am - an old, tired, cranky gamer-geek with no patience for BS or intolerance of creativity.

If you don't like the way I communicate, you have an ignore button.

Good Luck and Happy Gaming.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Prexades said:

That is why I was against permanent bunny ears.

Now it's cat ears. After that probably a snout.

Spoilers: If the game goes full furry, I am out.

I really don't understand this reasoning, it doesn't affect you in anyway at all.

• Like 2

il y a 25 minutes, Jeter1230 a dit :

I really don't understand this reasoning, it doesn't affect you in anyway at all.

What do you mean cosmetics don't affect others players ? Don't you know they are meant to be seen and shown off ; isn't that their main, whole and only purpose ?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, dwqrf said:

What do you mean cosmetics don't affect others players ? Don't you know they are meant to be seen and shown off ; isn't that their main, whole and only purpose ?

If someone else's fashion bothers you that much, play solo. There's already stuff in the game you consider "full furry". Let people enjoy stuff that doesn't affect you at all. They're just cat ears.

• Like 2

à l’instant, Jeter1230 a dit :

If someone else's fashion bothers you that much, play solo. There's already stuff in the game you consider "full furry". Let people enjoy stuff that doesn't affect you at all. They're just cat ears.

There was so many conversations about playing solo. Volt & Wisp buff, Dante's Overguard, general lack of challenge, people taking too much time finding tokens and so on ; I'd never thought I'd see the day when someone would say : "If my cosmetics disturbs you, you can leave !".

Such wow. We have option to reduce visual and sound clutter from others ; Now I'd like to disable all allies cosmetics and just see generic blue relay Excaliburs. More performances and less cringe.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

There was so many conversations about playing solo. Volt & Wisp buff, Dante's Overguard, general lack of challenge, people taking too much time finding tokens and so on ; I'd never thought I'd see the day when someone would say : "If my cosmetics disturbs you, you can leave !".

Such wow. We have option to reduce visual and sound clutter from others ; Now I'd like to disable all allies cosmetics and just see generic blue relay Excaliburs. More performances and less cringe.

Yeah, you're obviously mad over fashion

• Like 2

il y a 32 minutes, Jeter1230 a dit :

some people are just weirdos and get mad over nothing, it's funny to see them out themselves

You get mad because we don't approve your style 😉

• Like 1

il y a 22 minutes, Jeter1230 a dit :

At the end of the day YOU clicked on the forums post and complained 🙂

I didn't complain. I disagreed. It's not possible to complain about something that doesn't exist.

• Like 1

On 2024-09-06 at 7:21 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Please no... After that you will start requesting Maid outfit...

and what's so bad about wanting to see Rhino in a maid outfit huh? HUH???

honestly the only way I see cat ears being added is if it happened during a Lunar New Year event for Year of the Tiger. also, we do have Valkyr , she has a some cat-themes.