The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Elite Deep Archimedia Mirror Defense auto fail on start

idk why but the mirror defense on EDA will fail automatically from the start, experienced it 3 times in a row now. kinda weird was it the enemy one hitting the thing from the start or something else? or is it just me?

à l’instant, DanDanKoi a dit :

idk why but the mirror defense on EDA will fail automatically from the start, experienced it 3 times in a row now. kinda weird was it the enemy one hitting the thing from the start or something else? or is it just me?

I did it twice today. I failed once at the last part of the last defense, but after that, I completed it without (too much) issue. The Exilus Necramech summon did a lot of damage on the last part leading to failure (50% damage in one spell) ; but I haven't noticed any bug looking at the health bar the whole time. You can't just run around collecting Glyphs and killing the Mechs as you have to keep tabs on the swarm.

If you think you have an issue, a bug, try to document it : to record it ; so we may find why it is happening to you.

23 minutes ago, DanDanKoi said:

I didn't experience an autofail, but on the final wave the defense objective seemed to start at ~50% hp.   If that was actually from enemy damage, it was near-instant after the spawn and crazy high.

Our defense object had 90% HEALTH and then we FAILED. My entire squad is no long going to be running EDA or anything in this section of warframe due to the last three weeks being repetitive. same missions. same frames. same negatives. We just literally cannot stand this. We tried for AN HOUR and never got past mirror D because it just FAILS.

the explosive hands this week in the mirror defence stage do ridiculously high damage, my suggestion is using a frame that can move enemies away from the objective before they explode, on the first attempt, we just went in expecting it to be slightly annoying cause of the defence objective DoT but 10 seconds in the objective went from 100% to 10% health and the culverions were able to chip down the rest of its health, leading to a fail, on the second run, i ran zephyr myself and used her airbursts to just get enemies away from the objective before they exploded, sure i had to lose out on vosfor cause zephyr wasn't my choice for this week but it was worth it just to be able to get past probably the worst EDA mission i have ever done.

Edited by Duo_Strikes
  • Like 1

Il y a 11 heures, Duo_Strikes a dit :

the explosive hands this week in the mirror defence stage do ridiculously high damage, my suggestion is using a frame that can move enemies away from the objective before they explode, on the first attempt, we just went in expecting it to be slightly annoying cause of the defence objective DoT but 10 seconds in the objective went from 100% to 10% health and the culverions were able to chip down the rest of its health, leading to a fail, on the second run, i ran zephyr myself and used her airbursts to just get enemies away from the objective before they exploded, sure i had to lose out on vosfor cause zephyr wasn't my choice for this week but it was worth it just to be able to get past probably the worst EDA mission i have ever done.

I also think that this is the problem the OP is having : Rupturing Fragments (Explosive Potential modifier), are causing huge amounts of damage, almost destroying the defense objective in one hit.

The best way to avoid it is to use a defensive frame as Frost, Limbo, Gara... or any frame that can keep enemies away, like Banshee...

The most important is to keep the Rupturing Fragments far from the Vitrium/Auriculum, because of their AOE attacks. They can deal much more damage than any other EDA enemy, even Necramechs.

I really think that there is something wrong with the way their damage is scaling. 

Like @Duo_Strikes, I had to give up trying to get all these week's rewards too, because there was no defensive frame on my EDA options and I wasn't able to form a squad with one. I used Gara and I could do the mission without major problems.

• Like 1

EDA mirror defense is quite possibly the worst.

Its too bloody long, and a few of the enemies can do way too much damage too quickly, not helped by the fact the targets don't start at full health but resume you left them from the prior cycle on that side of the map.

when playing with rando's, its always a collective sigh of relief when passed.

• Like 1

EDA mirror defense is the worst. it's no fun even when you have a good squad and you're doing everything you're supposed to, like keeping rupturing fragments away, killing stuff before they get close, collecting glyphs and then one SINGLE blitz or jade light eximus nukes you from some random corner and the eyeball pops from 70% hp and we instantly fail.

i don't have much left to do in this game. i'm mostly just collecting shards to get some QoL on the frames i use less often cause i've already pretty much maxed out on my most-used ones. lotus eaters took literally 3 minutes to do. and the only content that is "worth" doing for me is just an annoyance now because of this one unbalanced defense mode.

the problem with EDA is that, even if you have a suboptimal loadout and group, you can mostly struggle through nearly all the mission types as long as you know how to stay alive. with mirror defense, you need to literally shut down the entire map and instakill eximus units or you're gonna be repeating it disproportionately often. and the cause of you failing is nearly always some random unseen eximus or exploding mob one-shotting the objective and 99% of the time, squad chat is then going, "what the heck just happened?" bad design just happened, that's what.

• Like 1

About the problem with rupturing Fragments, one of the Devs answered this at another thread :

Le 11/09/2024 à 16:58, [DE]Momaw a dit :

We noticed some players having issues with a recent specific random permutation of Deep Archmedia's Mirror Defense which added Rupturing Fragments to the Murmur's assault.  We will be reducing the damage of Rupturing Fragments by about half for the next update. They will still do a lot of damage, but they shouldn't be able to take down a fully healed Auricle in one hit anymore.

So, I think it will be better next time.

At least, I hope.