The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

(Elite) Deep Archimedia - Defense targets can be one shot with full health and overshields. + Some feedback on the mode.

I was doing Elite Deep Archimedia with a squad. We just moved targets and also just got enough glyphs right before the round started. Almost immediately, the round failed. The auricle had full health, and even had over shields. Fortunately, I was streaming the run on Twitch, and have even clipped the incident for review.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmorphousSpunkyWeaselHassaanChop-H0uMgFH2W7Fo_6iv

Elite Deep Archimedia has great rewards, but lately, I’ve been having issues with toxic players as well, which has diminished my enjoyment of this mode. In addition to worrying about the challenges and modifiers, I worry that the squad is toxic or that other players will leave as soon as they spawn in. They look at everyone’s gear, and then leave if they find that a player or two has bad equipment. Nasty teammates are also common. Between these issues, I feel like Elite Deep Archimedia isn’t worth the rewards it offers. A shame since the first few runs I did of it were great, but over the last two months, I’ve been seeing things get worse with it.

• Like 2

What I see in the clip are the followings :

First, you have one player lagging hard behind, you are also late to the party, you ignore a electric eximus right past you, and you are only three in the squad ; and as the first player went to collect Glyphs, nobody was actually on point defending.

Secondly, when you turn around before losing, you can see on your screen an exploding hand (EDA modifier this week) hitting the defense target like a baneling, in the same time as the eximus electric spell. Both do insane damage, and the target doesn't have overshield gating.

Is that balanced ? Not really. Could you have avoided insta-lose by having more bodies on the defense target (+3), surely. You'd even have more time to stop that from happening.

-

Lastly, EDA isn't easy and a lot of people struggle with it, because of the difficulty, the maps, the conditions, or the limited gear. Of course, players failling over and over are always going to blame others before themselves leading to toxicity. You can always try to group in recruitment, make a party with friends or clan, or try your best in random public group with the smartest picks and builds possible. But public is always going to be the hardest condition, every single week. Don't let them get to you, try harder (but not too hard) and eventually, missing a seamingly impossible week isn't the end of the world.

Don't get salty in game chat with them because there is a zero tolerance policy in game.

Good Luck Tenno.

Edited by dwqrf

It’s worth noting we did have a third player, but they got disconnected and couldn’t rejoin. I took multiple shots at Deep Archimedia last night, and between the players bailing and the fact that Mirror Defense is the second mission this week, I’m just going to skip it. Mirror Defense needs a bit of rebalancing, and I think the mode as a whole may need a fix for players that are disconnected.

As for bailers, I feel like there should be a penalty of sorts for players that choose to abandon a squad. Like being unable to join another (E)DA squad for a few hours. It seems like there’s actually players that are “rolling” their squads and hoping they get a squad with good loadouts. Yup, (E)DA is hard, but you should be a good sport and stay with those who you join in with. Disconnecting is an exception, because there’s only so much that can be done about that.

Thankfully, I’m not salty in the chat. Though I do get testy on stream sometimes when doing this mode. But that’s usually just frustration from everything. Frustration from bailers and those who just like to start the first mission without a full squad. Though I’m usually more level headed in regular missions and other modes.

I ran into some really nasty players around a month ago who we completed the mode with, but were nasty to me afterwards. I don’t have a clip of that run (VoD is gone), but I do have the video stashed somewhere. I would’ve reported them, but I don’t know how much of an offense saying “you just suck” and “can’t even do one job” is.

il y a 29 minutes, zmanandtails a dit :

Though I do get testy on stream sometimes when doing this mode.

You do whatever you want in your streams.

But :

il y a 29 minutes, zmanandtails a dit :

I ran into some really nasty players around a month ago who we completed the mode with, but were nasty to me afterwards. I don’t have a clip of that run (VoD is gone), but I do have the video stashed somewhere. I would’ve reported them, but I don’t know how much of an offense saying “you just suck” and “can’t even do one job” is.

Don't point out people ; naming and shaming is not welcomed here.

Oh! I wasn’t the one saying stuff like that. They were the ones saying that to me. I may have worded it wrong. I mean no ill intentions. I was referring to what you said about the zero tolerance policy about being awful in chat. I know better than to name call and insult other players in-game chat.

I’m usually a very friendly player, even willing to help new players when I have nothing else currently going on, or have no goal currently set. I’ve even helped a few other players on their way to the Neptune Junction from Earth.

Either way, I hope DE takes a look at Deep Archimedia and makes some adjustments. It’s a hard mode, no doubt, but some stuff makes it far worse than it should be. Between lag, disconnects, bailers, and bugs, I think I’ll stay clear of it until I see an improvement or few made and just stick to NetraCells for the time being.

We noticed some players having issues with a recent specific random permutation of Deep Archmedia's Mirror Defense which added Rupturing Fragments to the Murmur's assault.  We will be reducing the damage of Rupturing Fragments by about half for the next update. They will still do a lot of damage, but they shouldn't be able to take down a fully healed Auricle in one hit anymore.

Edited by [DE]Momaw
  • Like 9

Il y a 1 heure, zmanandtails a dit :

Oh! I wasn’t the one saying stuff like that. They were the ones saying that to me. I may have worded it wrong. I mean no ill intentions. I was referring to what you said about the zero tolerance policy about being awful in chat. I know better than to name call and insult other players in-game chat.

Yes I undesrtood that !

Just saying that even if you have a proof or a recording about players being ill mannered ; well, that's not something you would share here without being frowned upon. You may use it in some excessive case in the case of a ticket to support, I guess ; but most time, just moving on, or using the in-game report system and then moving on, is the best course of action for you.

Wishing you the best Tenno ; keep helping new player love this game as we do.

7 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

We noticed some players having issues with a recent specific random permutation of Deep Archmedia's Mirror Defense which added Rupturing Fragments to the Murmur's assault.  We will be reducing the damage of Rupturing Fragments by about half for the next update. They will still do a lot of damage, but they shouldn't be able to take down a fully healed Auricle in one hit anymore.

Have you checked the logs if that was really Rupturing Fragments?

Why isnt shieldgating working on the objective? that looks like a more fundamental problem with defense objective than just overkill damage.

Edited by Monolake

il y a 40 minutes, Monolake a dit :

Why isnt shieldgating working on the objective? that looks like a more fundamental problem with defense objective than just overkill damage.

Because Mirror Defense don't have Shield, and get Overshield (and not any Shield) when buffed with Crystals/Glyphs. Overshield doesn't have Gating (and shouldn't, because imagine if it had, Augur Mods (and others) would break the game giving Overshield Gating before Shield is hit).

So in this particular instance of Overshield+Health (without Shield in between) ; the one shot is possible.

Possible solution ? Transform the gained Overshield on Mirror Defense into Overguard, granting 0.5s Gating when broken.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Because Mirror Defense don't have Shield, and get Overshield (and not any Shield) when buffed with Crystals/Glyphs. Overshield doesn't have Gating (and shouldn't, because imagine if it had, Augur Mods (and others) would break the game giving Overshield Gating before Shield is hit).

So in this particular instance of Overshield+Health (without Shield in between) ; the one shot is possible.

Possible solution ? Transform the gained Overshield on Mirror Defense into Overguard, granting 0.5s Gating when broken.

Oh cause it has no shield for a start it has no shieldgate.

Yeah giving some shieldgate to the objective would've prevented this whole insta-fail situation which only makes people frustrated and creates more work for DE trying to fine-tune every enemy damage (like 3rd time this is happening)

On 2024-09-12 at 7:29 AM, Monolake said:

Have you checked the logs if that was really Rupturing Fragments?

My groups experienced a couple of fails on the mirror defence this week. Both times was caused by the rupturing fragment explosions. We ended up switching a frame around for more defence and using an ancient spectre.