The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So i was bored, and i automated my gameplay with in game mods only. DE (You need to nerf this)

1 hour ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

750% armor,

600% weapon dmg is 'mediocre?' 100% uptime? 

At what level do ppl get satisfied? 

2000%?

5000?

Is there even a number? cause i doubt there is. Some will always be. 'Meh' 

No matter how high, some people will just be "Well, its not roar." Which is true,

But then again, Roar doesnt give out armor, or lets me take dmg from a stray or direct shot that might have killed or downed you, and instead transfers 50% to me, and thats 100% useless isnt it? it doesnt boost dmg? hah.

Hell its not recastable without the augment, so if you miss someone cause you where to far apart there goes your uptime. Mine re-establishes the second im back in range.

Ur right. 'Mediocre' thats what roar is in my eyes. As you decide to minmax one stat and fail in several others. Sorry, not worth it.

Armor isn't that valuable relative to outright DR and the ease of shield gating. And the strength on Vex armor you have is only taking you from about 87% DR (base strength) to 94%, which is about what you'd have with a single mod investment via Adaptation. And you could hit an even 90% DR with no mod investment by replacing Vex Armor with Eclipse. Edit: plus those DR sources would apply to shields which Vex can't do. 

Meanwhile damage is in gross abundance before even considering ability buffs. And giving either to allies isn't all that useful either since co-op doesn't actually exist in this game, thus any player's build is expected to be self sustaining. 

Also 100% uptime is the default. Energy ain't hard to come by for anyone that isn't new to the game. 

And yes, Roar is also mediocre for the same reason all ability based damage buffs are. Min-maxing out damage doesn't accomplish a thing in this game aside from maybe striving for some weird bragging rights. 

But all in all it is an interesting roundabout way to generate energy. But what it's accomplishing just isn't that special. 

Edited by trst

6 hours ago, trst said:

Armor isn't that valuable relative to outright DR and the ease of shield gating. And the strength on Vex armor you have is only taking you from about 87% DR (base strength) to 94%, which is about what you'd have with a single mod investment via Adaptation. And you could hit an even 90% DR with no mod investment by replacing Vex Armor with Eclipse. Edit: plus those DR sources would apply to shields which Vex can't do. 

Meanwhile damage is in gross abundance before even considering ability buffs. And giving either to allies isn't all that useful either since co-op doesn't actually exist in this game, thus any player's build is expected to be self sustaining. 

Also 100% uptime is the default. Energy ain't hard to come by for anyone that isn't new to the game. 

And yes, Roar is also mediocre for the same reason all ability based damage buffs are. Min-maxing out damage doesn't accomplish a thing in this game aside from maybe striving for some weird bragging rights. 

But all in all it is an interesting roundabout way to generate energy. But what it's accomplishing just isn't that special. 

So i was correct in my statement there is no number that will satisfy certain ppl. Got it ^^ 

Lets replace every ability in the game with roar and a 90% direct dr ability. (Altough i doubt you lot would be satisfied then anyway) 

And remind me, does multiple roars stack? Last time i checked 20 min ago, they do not. 

So thats a potential 3 ppls top tier subsume slot fighting eachother to pop theirs while the other 2 roars are. What. Again? Oh right, gone to the void. 

• Like 1

OP, people are making fun of your build because you advertised it as automating gameplay and in need of a nerf. Neither of which is true. Look at the silver lining though, you dont want DE to nerf this and the fortunate news for you is that there is no need to nerf this build simply because it's not overpowered at all.

Keeping up abilities with endless energy is there for years now with Arcane Energize, Flow, Rage and such, and there are way more possibilities than you might realize.

Pure damage was never the most wanted thing. Crit, status, multishot/fire rate/attack speed, etc are the way. I have no direct damage mods on most of my used weapons, and I'm petty sure no one else uses them in the end game. It is nice to have damage in the early/mid game when you don't have better mods, but even then the status damage (60/60) mods are much better options than pure damage. Slash for armor ignoring dmg, Heat for ever increasing dmg, Toxin for shield ignoring dmg, and I could go on. You can learn about them in the arsenal or in the wiki.

600% dmg buff is not much on a Chroma anyway, I like to go full selfish melee chroma and have 1100+% dmg buff. I don't buff anyone just myself, but it is much more stronger. Also Warcry is better choice as helminth, because it gives armor, attack speed and some aoe slow in melee range. 3k armor is the minimum that is needed for sp, which is around 90% dmg reduction and even that is not enough against some of the eximus units.

Here is a video about it, except I changed the first ability not the 4th, I like to have the extra credit turret hidden in a corner: 

1 hour ago, Drachnyn said:

OP, people are making fun of your build because you advertised it as automating gameplay and in need of a nerf. Neither of which is true. Look at the silver lining though, you dont want DE to nerf this and the fortunate news for you is that there is no need to nerf this build simply because it's not overpowered at all.

Then it might be my english which is a problem cause as i understand it, 

Automate is to make a loop that feeds itself which is what ive done.

While autonomous is what whats for a bot that runs the show by itself. 

These two are not the same. At least thats what i was taught.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Do you guys give a insane amount of +%armor, +%damage, life on kill, lifesteal, damage reduction by redirection, aggro redirection, reload speed, with some sparkle of cc, during the whole mission ?

Because this guy does. Let him enjoy being a support. Thanks to people like him, You can play the game comfortably and get all your well deserved frags and high damage percentage in mission recap, and you are even able to blame him for taking more damage than you ! Be grateful.

He isn't AFK, he is passively improving the squad.

His whole premise is "Its automated! NERF THIS NOW!"  While the only thing he does is let other do the work. Come on. hes anything but positive.

And besides its nothing special and its redundant -  no one needs it, everything is easy to solo and the only thing that matter is progressing towards mission objective, support is not even a thing in WF anymore, so he is useless and this topic has bad/silly intent of nerfing Chroma.

il y a 10 minutes, Monolake a dit :

His whole premise is "Its automated! NERF THIS NOW!"  While the only thing he does is let other do the work. Come on. hes anything but positive.

And besides its nothing special and its redundant -  no one needs it, everything is easy to solo and the only thing that matter is progressing towards mission objective, support is not even a thing in WF anymore, so he is useless and this topic has bad/silly intent of nerfing Chroma.

szip-it.gif