The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Predictions for companion rework part 2

Waeleto

Buffs: Helios - Carrier - Sahasa - Shade - Moas - Taxon - Raksa - Huras - Predasites - Vasca - All sentinel weapons (with the exception of Verglas, Cryotra and Helstrum)

Stays the same: Vulpaphylas - Verglas - Helstrum - Diriga - Nautilus - Hounds - Adarza - Dethcube - Oxylus - All hound weapons 

Nerf: Smeeta

Rework: Wyrm - Djin - Chesa - Helminth charger - Sunika - Cryotra (it's basically a worse Verglas)

Beast companions will definitely get very big changes (fingers crossed for a moddable beast companion weapon)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Waeleto said:

Beast companions will definitely get very big changes (fingers crossed for a moddable beast companion weapon)

I just imagine something like those plastic vampire teeth or something the way you put it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

Wouldn't that maybe introduce the Command System for companions, like Veso and his drones, and Kahl and his squad ?

While that would certainly solve the issue of the horrible AI (particularly for beast companions) i doubt, They'll probably focus on the abilities of companions 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Quest said:

i bet theyre going to nerf all the ones i like and buff all the ones i dont care about and then give a long explanation about how pve games being balanced is really important

Smeeta should have been fixed in 2016. It's tantamount to allowing the player to stack the damage multiplier of Solar Eclipse by recasting.

It's honestly hard for any companion ability to really matter at this point with how far the game has pushed the narrative of "DPS is the only path to success" for so many missions. When the days of CC are behind us, Secondary Encumber exists, Nourish on any Warframe, and quite powerful AoE options, a companion choice often arrives at Smeeta simply for extra loot and nothing else. There are a few niche choices like Fatal Attraction with Gazal Machete, but let's be honest, those choices are impractical at best, and more often than not just silly.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Smeeta should have been fixed in 2016. It's tantamount to allowing the player to stack the damage multiplier of Solar Eclipse by recasting.

Wait, you can stack eclipse with smeeta? Like getting 500% damage plus another 500% damage?

25 minutes ago, Joylesstuna said:

Wait, you can stack eclipse with smeeta? Like getting 500% damage plus another 500% damage?

No. What I said was that the allowance to stack Smeeta Charm procs for loot for the last 8 years is a long-overdue fix as you can't just recast damage buff abilities to get a stacked multiplier.

Well my main issue with companion melee atacks is that you see them stand near enemy pet has 100%+ of status and crit, and it takes 5 strikes to see it do any dmg, and only next few attacks you get to see status proc applying. 

Sometimes it works well 4 swipes 3  bleed procs, but i would argue that either companion melee range is too small or hit boxes are too janky. 

And often times enemies lock on companion and shoot it doesnt matter if it is in other corner of room. 

Sentinel weapons are mostly are just aim in general direction , sentinels mostly dont get modded for survival just became another mod stick holder... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KIREEK said:

Hounds could use some skins, a simple void shell skin would do wonders.

I bought the regal aya kubrow skin exactly for this reason i thought it could be equipped by hounds too, this is how i looked afterwards (it's okay tho i'm coping and hoping that kubrows will be useful after the rework)

c2AX91y.jpeg

I'm hoping that part of the AI rework for Pets is for them to be close to you at all times, similar to Sentinels. Seeing a Pet struggle to catch up with you sorta makes sense considering how fast we can get, but it really does not make them feel like they are apart of the battle when they do slack behind. At most, just make them follow directly behind you as you are running, and stand next to when your are mostly stationary.

• Like 2

QOL Wishlist for Me:

- Selectable Fur Patterns once "Unlocked" through Breeding/Hatching

- Selectable Size (same as Fur patterns)

- Selectable Body Shapes

- Colors stay Unlocked (I.e: Rare Colors being limited to that specific pet)

- Arcanoid Skin for Hounds

- Duviri Kavat Skin

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Waeleto said:

Buffs: Helios - Carrier - Sahasa - Shade - Moas - Taxon - Raksa - Huras - Predasites - Vasca - All sentinel weapons (with the exception of Verglas, Cryotra and Helstrum)

Stays the same: Vulpaphylas - Verglas - Helstrum - Diriga - Nautilus - Hounds - Adarza - Dethcube - Oxylus - All hound weapons 

Nerf: Smeeta

Rework: Wyrm - Djin - Chesa - Helminth charger - Sunika - Cryotra (it's basically a worse Verglas)

I'm not too sure what we'll get, but the hope is; 

- Improved Beast attack hitboxes and range buffs. Their basic attack patterns have a habit of totally whiffing.

- Additional weapons Beasts can use to make modding easier. Would hopefully include higher Status and Crit Chance.

- More Sentinel survivability improvements, like mods that let us heal them directly through headshot kills.

- Precept buffs and reworks. Oxylus should be the resource Sentinel, Sunika should be the DPS Kubrow and so on.

- Buffed Sentinel weapon damage to Verglas levels. There's really no reason so many should be this bad.

- An option in the Arsenal to set Companions as Aggressive, Passive or Supportive, so we can properly have them only use Precepts or just not attack.

- Serious improvements to Venari to make her a welcome addition to Khora's kit and not a negligible mod holster 99% of the time.

- Mod capacity adjustments so Beasts aren't a giant Forma and Endo sink at the beginning of the game.

• Like 2

Hopefully the critical chance for the hound weapons will increase by 2% or more so that hounds qualify for Tenacious Bond.

Currently the upper-limit is around 44% with True Steel and a riven +2/-1.

The hound's Synergized Prospectus + Manifold Bond lays down status effects better than Verglas + Contagious Bond.

Edited by (PSN)Magician_NG

7 hours ago, Atomic_Noodles said:

QOL Wishlist for Me:

- Selectable Fur Patterns once "Unlocked" through Breeding/Hatching

- Selectable Size (same as Fur patterns)

- Selectable Body Shapes

- Colors stay Unlocked (I.e: Rare Colors being limited to that specific pet)

- Arcanoid Skin for Hounds

- Duviri Kavat Skin

oh I WISH, The is no reason for me to breed a kubrow 30 times to get the omega size it's so annoying 

2 hours ago, kuciol said:

My prediction is it will be underwhelming at best. Like some status chance on weapons, maybe riven dispo bump for less used weapons etc.

Wild thing to say when companion rework part 1 was one of the best and most fun reworks in warframe

• Like 3