The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade Prime Lore Speculation. Spoilers!

1 minute ago, Binket_ said:

Sir/Ma'am/Humanoid/Non-specific Face/Etc.

.... this is Warframe. A game with plot that makes me feel like I'm playing Kingdom Hearts in terms of where it's going.
About 70% or more of the "Vital Plot Details" are likely:

• Hidden in an old, one-off event. Sometimes with a singular voice line being the sole indicator.
  • Hidden in oodles of collectibles, often needing multiple runs to get them all.
  • Retconned in some form and in varying degrees of severity.
  • Up to interpretation. (which is not something you want on "VITAL Plot Details".)
  • Probably dreamt up by Steve smoking a leg-sized cigar while security is trying to stop him from activating "Specters of the Rail 2".

If anything, lore-wise today Operators probably have a collection of Warframes stored away in the Orbiter.
What IS canon is the actual Orbiter is much larger than what we can explore. Most of it being storage and systems.
Of which the spare Warframes go into. This is why you can swap from Mesa Prime with a fancy Top Hat to uncolored standard Volt quickly.

The reason they don't make an "army" is two-fold.

1. The Operators are limited, so a given one can only pilot a given Warframe at a time.
    • Exceptions like Wukong exist, but I'm going to assume it's simply mirroring the Operator's exact moves.
    • Because honestly, I don't think you can make Wukong as a concept canon without retconning large portions of the plot as is.
  2. If they need spare and disposable backup, that's what the Specter Particle is for.
    • Parvos not only invented it, but also explains it in the Deadlock Protocol.
    • It mimics the thing it's built from. "Like a child learning from it's surrogate mother." to paraphrase it.

... and frankly, an "army" is more a descriptor for the force and less it's actual numerical sense.
If an Operator can "reconstruct" a Warframe, what's stopping them from making more duplicates?

Technocyte Flesh made from the Helminth Strain is still flesh.
It grows and repairs itself given enough nutrients and time.
Considering the Infested are body-horror incarnate and regenerate all the time-- that's not a stretch by any means.

If a Warframe is a hollow puppet- no more alive than an actual vegetable- until the Operator pilots it?
What's the problem in making a few dozen copies by chopping off a limb and repairing that?
After all, we build them in a foundry using resources and it takes a lot of time.

If you're asking for a DE-certified label that says "Yeah, we did that!"
You're not gonna find it. Not easily anyway.
However, I don't think that really matters when your "head-canon" (as you called it yourself) is just as concrete.

All this to say: "Stop talking if you're just gonna dismiss everything."

I was asking for a source, not what people on the forums think. I didnt say i would have problems with it if it was the case but i genuenly didnt see a single line of text anywhere stating there were many copies of the frames. Absolutely nothing in game ever stated such thing. Also it is more likely that operator had just 1 warframe, not many of them. Umbra was the second we got. The War Within implied that we have only one. That was kinda confirmed by Lotus on conjuction survivals. Conjunction survival, Limbo Theorem, Hidden messeges etc also support that there was just 1 of each warframe. Thats why im asking for sources of the claims. Im really open to change my mind but as of now i didnt see any proof.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

I like Jade's Model, I just like the lore more, I also didn't suggest her prime shouldn't or couldn't be pregnant in game. I said we have the chance for the orokin "perfected" view of an angel of death.

Jade takes her strength & very specificities from being pregnant. Nidus Prime could also not be that visually infested because Orokin prefer shiny stuff, guess what, he's still infested.

Jade Prime not being pregnant would be equally weird as Khora not having Venari, Nidus being not-infested, or Xaku not being broken (we'll see for that one how it is). Primes are just something to be sold for real life money translated as best as possible in-game lore-wise, sometimes it doesn't really work, but it has to be done respecting one Warframe's identity for gameplay's (and fashionframe's) sake.

31 minutes ago, MrInubis said:

The War Within implied that we have only one. That was kinda confirmed by Lotus on conjuction survivals. Conjunction survival, Limbo Theorem, Hidden messeges etc also support that there was just 1 of each warframe.

• When the Operator lost the Warframe in the Second Dream? It's likely they want it back because it's... y'know... a Warframe. Powerful stuff.
    • Teshin was also likely a bigger priority. The Warframe was just next in line for priorities.
    • I dunno about you, but I'm also not keen on losing my snazzy Volt Prime to two old body-snatching hags.
      • Especially ENEMY hags who have infinite disposable clonnes that would be privy to using your own puppet suit against you, if given the chance.
    • Also, even if it's in a dream segment? Ordis says "Warframes" implying the Operator can pilot multiple.
  • Limbo Theorem and Hidden Messages both came out before The Second Dream.
    • They were also sidequests, so naturally it falls victim to the "You had to be there at the time" DE antics.
    • The Operator wasn't even a thing back than, nor probably even a major idea at the time. It was 2014 after all.
      • For clarity, Warframe started in 2013.
    • If they were updated to today's standards, they'd likely show more concern for the person PILOTING the respective Warframes.
      • Of course, since Limbo Theorem is still before Second Dream? They would be more subtle about it.
      • But frankly, it's probably better if it'd be a full overhaul. Hidden Messages especially with how BORING it is.
    • Point is, these quests were made during a time where a lot of the "plot" as we know it was still up in the air for how DE wanted to handle it.
  • Limbo Theorem specifically also very little mention of anything you've expressed.
    • If anything, the "Limbo" in question is just... really far into the Rift and can't get out. The Tenno in question is probably still alive.
    • There's nothing mentioned here saying he's specifically one-of-a-kind. Maybe Ordis' line of "new Warframe", but that's vague.
    • If anything, the whole debacle just serves as "inspiration" to try it again, but with caution to not enter a similar fate.
  • Hidden Messages has next to no implication of this Warframe being one-of-a-kind.
    • While Lotus does show concern for Mirage in her flashbacks, it's also (canonically) before Second Dream.
    • Lotus has not even revealed that she is part-sentient let alone the Tenno knowing about the Operator.
      • This is a key factor, as it could be used Lotus herself to help hide the existence of the Operator.
    • She likely knows that enough sufficient damage could likely kill the Operator.
      • That or she went out willingly in a final stand. Given the berserk and playful nature? I'd assume it's the latter "fun option".

Your examples for it are about as likely as the examples against it.
Each of them alluding to it in passive.

This is why I mentioned in my prior comment of "Vital Plot Details" with one of the factors being "Up to interpretation."
There is a LOT of conflicting info out there and it mostly stems from DE avoiding the fix for the minefield of plot holes they left behind.
Which is why a lot of people groaned "ugh, multiverse theory" when DE slapped "eternalism" over the theory name and expected everyone to fall for it.
... and a lot of people did. Great job, guys! Glad to see critical thinking is still a learned skill and we have to hammer it into your heads.

29 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Nidus Prime could also not be that visually infested because Orokin prefer shiny stuff, guess what, he's still infested.

You say that like the Orokin aren't already using the HELMINTH STRAIN to make Warframes to begin with. They know what they're getting into.
If anything, you could argue that Nidus specifically was their indulgence to say "Yeah, we've mastered the Infested too. What are you gonna do about it?"

Jade is more associated with an Orokin Scandel. Something they see as very taboo, especially with a god complex backing that.
Governments love covering up their mistakes. If they were to gild Jade? It'd likely be as OP mentioned: "Copies of which served as tools."

36 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

Jade Prime not being pregnant would be equally weird as Khora not having Venari, Nidus being not-infested, or Xaku not being broken (we'll see for that one how it is).

Except...

• A lot of players rarely use Venari as-is. Some going as far as to completely ignore modding her past some bare-bones utility mods.
    • While it would break her theming, it's not something a majority of players really care for.
    • If anything, I'd say it's her 1 and 4 that people care for. At that point, she could made entirely of chains and very few would raise eyebrows.
  • Nidus could channel the Infestation's ability to rapidly mutate and still retain his initial concept. Rapid-growth.
    • I will however admit that his current design is quite well-suited.
  • Xaku is a composite of Warframe scraps. The Orokin could absolutely work with that, under multiple pretenses.
    • Hell, if you were so bold-- you could take a similar scenario to Ivara's Leverian entry. 
    • Make it a "three-way tie" and the Orokin just... fuses them together.
      • Bonus points if said "three-way tie" left them in such a tattered, barely operable state.
      • Enough to remain functional, but not enough for the Orokin to respect it fully.

You can make Jade not pregnant and it would be just fine.

But really, if we want the biggest reason for DE to go for it anyway?
It's laziness. Sheer, unfiltered laziness. Easy cash from people who will buy quite literally ANYTHING.
Do you want to be lumped pay-piggies and cash-cows or do you want something genuinely cool?
I for one think my stance is pretty clear, go for the latter. We have enough of the former from all sorts of companies as is.

You can make money and not feel grimy in the process.
Ill-gotten gains only fuel ill-mannered practices.

16 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

When the Operator lost the Warframe in the Second Dream? It's likely they want it back because it's... y'know... a Warframe. Powerful stuff.

• Teshin was also likely a bigger priority. The Warframe was just next in line for priorities.
  • I dunno about you, but I'm also not keen on losing my snazzy Volt Prime to two old body-snatching hags.
    • Especially ENEMY hags who have infinite disposable clonnes that would be privy to using your own puppet suit against you, if given the chance.
  • Also, even if it's in a dream segment? Ordis says "Warframes" implying the Operator can pilot multiple.

Not second dream but War Within. It wasnt even a consideration to use another one. In conjuction survival Lotus says about Vor wanting to take our Warframe and presenting it to the queens. She didnt say "one of your warframes" again hinting we cannonicaly have a singular one. Ordis says we are not able to pilot warframes because we can in theory use any but it doesnt mean we have multiple. Context matters and wording is important.

16 minutes ago, Binket_ said:

Your examples for it are about as likely as the examples against it.
Each of them alluding to it in passive.

This is why I mentioned in my prior comment of "Vital Plot Details" with one of the factors being "Up to interpretation."
There is a LOT of conflicting info out there and it mostly stems from DE avoiding the fix for the minefield of plot holes they left behind.
Which is why a lot of people groaned "ugh, multiverse theory" when DE slapped "eternalism" over the theory name and expected everyone to fall for it.
... and a lot of people did. Great job, guys! Glad to see critical thinking is still a learned skill and we have to hammer it into your heads.

Thats why im asking for a single line of evidence saying there was multiple copies of the same warframe. Lore is kinda screwed when story is written as single player while events and gameplay are multiplayer. Just because players assume it should be like that doesnt mean it was. Gameplay and Story kinda mess peoples perception. I will literally take any proof of the claims. For me the lore works better when there was just 1 Ember, just 1 Limbo etc.

Edited by MrInubis

2 hours ago, MrInubis said:

Thats why im asking for a single line of evidence saying there was multiple copies of the same warframe. Lore is kinda screwed when story is written as single player while events and gameplay are multiplayer. Just because players assume it should be like that doesnt mean it was. Gameplay and Story kinda mess peoples perception. I will literally take any proof of the claims. For me the lore works better when there was just 1 Ember, just 1 Limbo etc.

This is on purpose. DE want every tenno to feel like the main character. Easier to do that if it isn't clear, that there are a ton of tenno.

Not second dream but War Within.

Right, missed the two when juggling a bunch of quests name.
(Doesn't exactly help the Wiki demands I use "the" prefix before them-- but nitpicking)

In conjuction survival Lotus says about Vor wanting to take our Warframe and presenting it to the queens. She didnt say "one of your warframes" again hinting we cannonicaly have a singular one.

... okay, but when Vor was chasing us? We only had the one.
She's referring to it like such because it was the only option we had at the time.

Ordis says we are not able to pilot warframes because we can in theory use any but it doesnt mean we have multiple. Context matters and wording is important.

Just like the previous example?

Jabs aside, it can go both ways.
Again, the "lore" you're picking is up to interpretation and that makes canon hard to pinpoint.

If this were a Shonen anime? Sure, maybe that'd make sense for lore.
... but it isn't. 

You're asking for evidence when the evidence you provide for your own points are found in equal- if not lesser- footing.
Gold star sticker for effort, I suppose? Better than what most do.

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

DE want every tenno to feel like the main character.

That does explain why I can walk into a room and get bored that everything is too squishy.
Feel like I'm crazy bored manic in certain anime as a result. "Man, you all broke too quickly."

3 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Jade takes her strength & very specificities from being pregnant. Nidus Prime could also not be that visually infested because Orokin prefer shiny stuff, guess what, he's still infested.

Jade Prime not being pregnant would be equally weird as Khora not having Venari, Nidus being not-infested, or Xaku not being broken (we'll see for that one how it is). Primes are just something to be sold for real life money translated as best as possible in-game lore-wise, sometimes it doesn't really work, but it has to be done respecting one Warframe's identity for gameplay's (and fashionframe's) sake.

All frames are infested. Nidus Prime was made to be infestation based on purpose.
Jade is an example of moving against Orokin wishes, to become free and finally do what they stopped her from doing so long ago.

Jade Prime would be distinct from her base form, but this is in line with lore. Just add a toggle, and it'll work. 

Also her strength comes from being pregnant because that is where she spent the last few thousand years sending her strength there, obviously the orokin didn't design her like this.

7 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I highly doubt Jade ever had a Z-kid. Whoever's video you watched is doing a LOT of assumptions I do not agree with

I'm 99.9% sure every warframe had a  Z-kid assigned to them. It's already been established that Warframes needed the Tenno to  "see inside an ugly, broken thing and take away its pain" because they would go berserk otherwise.

That or they'd just go limp and slump onto the floor without an operator.

Edited by ZiIIion

1 hour ago, Binket_ said:

If this were a Shonen anime? Sure, maybe that'd make sense for lore.
... but it isn't. 

You're asking for evidence when the evidence you provide for your own points are found in equal- if not lesser- footing.
Gold star sticker for effort, I suppose? Better than what most do.

Every time there is a talk about warframes its about singular one, every time there is talk about operators its about few. There is literally nothing indicating there were many of the same one.

... okay, but when Vor was chasing us? We only had the one.
She's referring to it like such because it was the only option we had at the time.

Could be but at the context of whole game never indicating there ever were multiple copies of warframes i lean towards only 1 of each. You are free to prove me wrong.

That does explain why I can walk into a room and get bored that everything is too squishy.
Feel like I'm crazy bored manic in certain anime as a result. "Man, you all broke too quickly."

Thats the kind of game warframe is, thats the fun part. Its not for everyone and doesnt have to be.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

This is on purpose. DE want every tenno to feel like the main character. Easier to do that if it isn't clear, that there are a ton of tenno.

I know but that is what makes people confused with lore. They mix up gameplay elements with pure lore.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Go to teshins cave at a relay, next to the graves there is a feather that has some of Jade's lore.
Alternatively, go read the wiki.

Oh? I will retract my statement if this is actually a thing

8 hours ago, MrInubis said:

Umbra was not cloned, he was rebuilt. Its not the same.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

I don't think we clone Umbra, I thought we rebuilt him

You guys do remember the original Umbra was DISINTEGRATED, right? Vaporized. Atomized. Nothing left but a couple shards of his outer armor and a tattered cape. No, we absolutely cloned the guy in order to get the rest of his body back

Why does he still have his memories? I dunno, Helminth space magic or something: the Infested are a hive mind and Helminth is infested, after all

11 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

You guys do remember the original Umbra was DISINTEGRATED, right? Vaporized. Atomized. Nothing left but a couple shards of his outer armor and a tattered cape. No, we absolutely cloned the guy in order to get the rest of his body back

Why does he still have his memories? I dunno, Helminth space magic or something: the Infested are a hive mind and Helminth is infested, after all

And we rebuilt him from what was left. Future tech is amazing isnt it? 

8 hours ago, Binket_ said:

Strange, most of the design up until the big shocker reveal of "Oops! We screwed the Warframe while you weren't looking"?
It was an angel. A typical antithesis to the notion of destruction and war in most common media.
Yes, I'm fully aware how destructive angels can be in their source material. Just like this game, they've been simplified to a fault in media.

... but it was just an angel. We didn't need "belly", we didn't need "fanfic"-- it was the opposite to Stalker.
Just like a broken relationship and a desperate attempt to salvage, I'm sure a baby will fix everything.

Anyway, lemme know how the divorce plays out.
Y'know, since I assume this is the peak fantasy for most Warframe players so it seems topical.

I'm aware. I'm also aware that this is a key part of Jade's place in the lore, in that it's the reason this Warframe even exists. Reading some interviews with Rebb on why they made Jade like this, they just liked the idea of the belly and that was one of the big things they built around. And here's a source for that.

"So the ideation came, we were churning and churning, and then our principal character artists Michael Skyers...really wanted her to have an old school astrologian globe as a belly, and I think we should try that. Two trains crashed into each other, like oh my god, of course. This warframe is the key to the Stalker narrative future. It just went so fast from there, once those two orbits collided it was an unstoppable force of how to do this right, and it took a year and a half, two years almost."

I remember there was another interview where she just said that the idea of a glass-bellied pregnant Warframe was "cool," but I can't find it. Regardless, this piece of Jade is one of the reasons she exists at all, in- and out-of-universe. Whether or not it was clear from promotional material, DE clearly liked the idea enough to pursue it for its own sake, and it's been part of Jade for a very long time throughout her "conception." ba-dum tshh

9 hours ago, Binket_ said:

Hell, it's because they went so hard on trying to prevent people from enjoying the Warframe outside of the belly that drives me nuts.
They fixated so hard on it that what can else you assume that is besides a glorified fetish? Genuinely!
If it's not a fetish with that degree of fixation, than I must also own a small island made entirely of gold and gemstones.

Every Warframe has animations which convey some element of personality. They reflect things not particularly relevant to the fact that they're Warframes, but to their visual themes and backstories. Inaros does a silly mummy walk, Wisp has a playful animation with her motes, a lot of em just do a dramatic pose, Hildryn flexes...it goes on and on. The frames we play are, by and large, copies of the originals, who were actually people with their own personalities and lived experiences. It makes sense, then, that Jade's maternal instincts--which we know she has from that thing in Teshin's room--would come through in those animations. They were part of her nature as a person.

If you want to argue that this is a fetish thing, you need to contend with a few problems:

1. Warframe isn't a solo indie project or an auteur film, it is made by a body of designers who have to coordinate design choices. It's not impossible that at least one of the devs has a kink, but it's hard to attribute this Warframe solely to that because that would require the whole team to be into it.
  2. Jade is one of the least sexualized frames in the game, especially compared to the ladies. She has no T&A, and in fact, you can't even see her hindquarters past the wings. If she gets a skin that gives her cake, we can talk about this then, but--having been around folks who are into this before--this is not what most people would design if they want something sexual. Christ, even Xaku is more sexualized, and they're a skeleton!
  3. Pregnancy is a real thing. Like. It happens IRL to actual humans. It exists outside the fetish. It can be depicted in a fetishistic light, but like...the quest tells a story about a couple that has a child, which is a difficult thing that people go through, which is why that story exists. The depiction of something is not the fetishization or endorsement thereof.
9 hours ago, Binket_ said:

Wait-- why am I explaining this to you? You're named "JadeFromWarframe", of course you're likely not going to listen.

Jade has been a genuine source of comfort during my fight against depression. I've never had experience with having a comfort character before, but now I have something I can latch onto and feel empowered by. And yes, I do feel empowered by her. I get a lot of dysphoria from the fact that I can't be a biological mother, so I like expressing myself with a Warframe that has something I can't, no matter how bad it hurts. That's why, when I realized I had to change my username because it was needlessly gendered, I just chose this handle because it felt silly, but also tied into a character that gives me joy no other has. Seriously, how many games let you play a pregnant badass?

Despite this, I can still understand people who feel the opposite way. I've seen folks cite everything from tokophobia to trauma from miscarriage to explain why they want a toggle, or at least a skin, that lets them play a non-pregnant Jade. And that's fair, I do believe they're right to want that, my belief is just that DE probably won't make a toggle because they haven't even commented on the matter, and it doesn't seem like a terribly large number of people have made those negative feelings known. As I've said, I think a skin that accomplishes this is a lovely idea if DE gets around the hurdles I brought up, I just won't buy it because, to me, that's not what makes her Jade and not some other frame.

So don't assume anything about me except that I'm a Jade main. If you want me to "listen," don't approach me in bad faith. I like Jade's design. You obviously don't. I respect that, I think you should get a version of this Warframe that makes you less uncomfortable, but I should expect that you respect my own position and thoughts on Jade.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MrInubis said:

Clones do not have memories of the original. Grineer are clones.

In real life this is absolutely true. But we don't have an infested hive mind in real life

We've actually seen how the Infested hive mind works in the lore before:

"I felt plasma beams burn the creatures and then I felt Remballa heal them. Why? Multiple connections now, I felt her many times over, it didn’t make sense, until it did; she was those things, all of them." --Corrupted Ancient Synthesis

Infested entities are not restricted to their original brains, they can disperse their consciousness across multiple bodies. Helminth can store those memories and them put them back in a new one

I mean think about this for a second: even if we were to assume there is exactly ONE Excalibur Umbra at any time (which I heavily disagree with, in lore there are probably dozens of Umbra clones running around) but even if I were to agree with you that we were obeying "there can be only one" rules like you are suggesting... his brain was destroyed. Sentient disintegration beams. No brain should mean no memories. But clearly he does have memories after we got him a new brain

"Rebuilt" is not an inaccurate word, but this isn't a Six-Million-Dollar Man level of rebuilding. This isn't even a Robocop level of rebuilding. It's Star Trek teleporter levels of rebuilding -- if you haven't watched Star Trek, teleporters don't actually teleport you, they just build you a fresh clone at your destination, memories included

Edited by TARINunit9

I think all of you are mistaken. If DE care about the lore, the objective and factual lore, which coincidentally and conveniently happens to be my personal interpretation, thus making it not just my personal interpretation but like some sort of super fact, or ultra truth... then Jade Prime will in fact have a larger belly, to house 10 fetuses or a Deca-Feti. Since more time has passed since original Jade, so she would be even more pregnant now. Ultra pregnant. Possibly the most pregnant. Mega Pregnant. 

Also you know how some Primes have special visual effects? Well the beams that Jade shoots out, well those will be babies now. Stream of babies to murderize Grineer, Corpus, Murmur, fauna in Orb Vallis. You haven't really lived until you have dismounted your K-Drive in the Orb Vallis after doing a massive kick flip over a Corpus Airship, and then killed some innocent Sawgaws with your baby beams, only to hear the Business lecture you about the sanctity of life. 

Like its clear and obvious that when DE designed Jade, it wasn't suppose to be some symbolic idea, around loss (no not that one), and persisting, and to be inclusive of different types of strength. Those are just excuses some media illiterate's will pull out of nowhere, since actually, its more clearer, that the idea is that our Jade Warframe is biologically pregnant still, and if you use them in gameplay, you are endangering her, and her unborn child. Making you morally, a monster. Like I am pretty sure there are interviews where DE staff say this "If you play Jade, its outing yourself as a heinous and unethical monster. You should be ashamed", and whilst I appreciate the honesty, it sounds kind of strange, made up even.

So the Prime version of Jade should take this one step further. Like now you aren't just endangering one child, now you could potentially be mass slaughtering infinite babies, based on how much you use the ability (and how high your Strength stat is, since amount of babies beamed out will scale with Strength). Get those Red Shards ready! Granted it will be hard to catch up with how much Ash has killed (his shadow clones are in fact also babies, but with sapience and sentience, that only get to live for. few seconds). 

IF DE doesn't do this, well it will just confirm they don't understand or appreciate the lore. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Binket_ said:

Why is the community so utterly fixated on this design?
... I mean, besides the fact that most of you all are probably competing on "R34 Announced Character Speedruns" to a superhuman degree.
I cannot FOR THE LIFE OF ME understand.

Ah yes, because everything online is about a fetish

• Like 2

• She is likely the Jade Light, a popular means of execution to the Orokin, reserved for honorable deaths. This includes the death of the OG margulis.

FYI the Jade Light has existed before Jade the Warframe - it was used by Archimedean Yonta as a means of suicide aboard the Zariman, which we know is before the creation of Warframes in the timeline. Jade just happens to be a frame with Jade Light powers

15 minutes ago, mariberry-hearn said:

FYI the Jade Light has existed before Jade the Warframe - it was used by Archimedean Yonta as a means of suicide aboard the Zariman, which we know is before the creation of Warframes in the timeline. Jade just happens to be a frame with Jade Light powers

Oh, I forgot about that.
Jade and the Jade Light are definitely connected though. 
Perhaps her abilities are founded by the jade light. She did serve as executioner at a point of time.

Perhaps the Jade light was available on a smaller scale, then she came with her increased power she became the executioner.

This may just be a plot hole though. Because both are true: Jade was used in executions, and the jade light was used before even the sentients.

6 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

In real life this is absolutely true. But we don't have an infested hive mind in real life

We've actually seen how the Infested hive mind works in the lore before:

Infested entities are not restricted to their original brains, they can disperse their consciousness across multiple bodies. Helminth can store those memories and them put them back in a new one

I mean think about this for a second: even if we were to assume there is exactly ONE Excalibur Umbra at any time (which I heavily disagree with, in lore there are probably dozens of Umbra clones running around) but even if I were to agree with you that we were obeying "there can be only one" rules like you are suggesting... his brain was destroyed. Sentient disintegration beams. No brain should mean no memories. But clearly he does have memories after we got him a new brain

"Rebuilt" is not an inaccurate word, but this isn't a Six-Million-Dollar Man level of rebuilding. This isn't even a Robocop level of rebuilding. It's Star Trek teleporter levels of rebuilding -- if you haven't watched Star Trek, teleporters don't actually teleport you, they just build you a fresh clone at your destination, memories included

As i said its not normal cloning but rebuilding like Shepard im ME2. Look it up if you didnt play, will be easier to understand than explanations i can come up with. Also Umbra is the name of the dude that was changed into Excal. Im waiting for any semblence of proof of the claim that there were "dozens" of any frame when we know for sure there was very few Tenno. There wouldnt be enough operators for whole army of warframes. That alone makes it impossible.

Edited by MrInubis

7 hours ago, JadeFromWarframe said:

Reading some interviews with Rebb on why they made Jade like this, they just liked the idea of the belly and that was one of the big things they built around. And here's a source for that.

Fair, but that didn't explain at all why we had to keep the belly in the aftermath.
Narratively, sure. Themes and all-- I've expressed in many topics myself that you don't need that AFTER the quest however.

You can still have the glass there, it doesn't need to be a dome in the process.
See also: Gara for glass, Caliban for hollowed bodies.
It's possible-- more than possible I'll dare say.

Was a long read though, so there's that.

Every Warframe has animations which convey some element of personality. They reflect things not particularly relevant to the fact that they're Warframes, but to their visual themes and backstories. Inaros does a silly mummy walk, Wisp has a playful animation with her motes, a lot of em just do a dramatic pose, Hildryn flexes...it goes on and on. The frames we play are, by and large, copies of the originals, who were actually people with their own personalities and lived experiences. It makes sense, then, that Jade's maternal instincts--which we know she has from that thing in Teshin's room--would come through in those animations. They were part of her nature as a person.

The problem I find with that however is most of these "Warframes" have a personality that can stay even if you remove parts of their major design.
Hell, your very mention of Wisp is a great example. There's in her artistic design as it stands that says she needs to be mischievous.

Xaku will rattle their pieces and Kullervo with hover his blades around him.
When you make it a pregnant woman in a battlefield though... it's just... grimy on the soul.
It's the same vibe some people see with child soldiers or such. It's just wrong.

It was less fixated on, it wouldn't be as much as a concern.
Being "pregnant" isn't a personality. Than again, this is the same community that thinks Lotus has any personality so I'm not surprised.
A trait? Yes. Not a personality... unless you're going down certain rabbit holes in which case-- guess what? That's fetish territory.

Being MOTHERLY is a personality, sure. Getting the notion that they're a caring and nurturing soul is fine.
... but that can be done just as well outside of the belly.

The narrative did it's job. It was a questionable narrative by execution- as per DE antics- but it's done.

Warframe isn't a solo indie project or an auteur film, it is made by a body of designers who have to coordinate design choices. It's not impossible that at least one of the devs has a kink, but it's hard to attribute this Warframe solely to that because that would require the whole team to be into it.

This is 2024. Sexual appeal sells like no tomorrow.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the next Warframe wielding a giant flaming dong. 
In disbelief at the raw audacity? Yes, but in a less "haha" way and more "they went and actually did it."
Disappointed is a surefire at that point.

Of course, the likelihood of that level of extreme is minimal. They've been pushing the limit for a good while now.
So frankly, the fact that I can't say it's "entirely impossible" should be reason enough to be concerned.

Maybe one dev was into it, but a lot more probably know this will draw attention either way.
If it's the good attention or not, they probably don't care.
Reb just enables it. God knows why, I can't fathom what her and Steve think.

Jade is one of the least sexualized frames in the game, especially compared to the ladies. She has no T&A, and in fact, you can't even see her hindquarters past the wings. If she gets a skin that gives her cake, we can talk about this then, but--having been around folks who are into this before--this is not what most people would design if they want something sexual. Christ, even Xaku is more sexualized, and they're a skeleton!

Oh, don't get me started on "bust sizes and junk". That's an issue that not only stems from the prior point, but infested the industry on a much wider scale.
Namely Gacha games. They'll slap a pair of breast on a rock with just as much reason for the character to exist and people will buy it.

As for not seeing Jade's backside? You could say the same for Yareli.
... or Trinity even. The "lobster butt" is debatable to many.

I think it's clear to say that it's not that they can't have appeal, but do keep modesty in mind.
Mesa Prime's "thong" is not fine. That's pretty much the sole reason I avoid using her Prime Skin.
Ember having breasts? Fine, they're not some focal point of it.

After all, if I want to look at unrealistically sized chest knockers bigger than their torso? There's sites for that.
I'm here to play a game, not ERP. Jade is just another docket on the list of headaches to account for.

Also, Xaku is in it's 4 state for most of the mission anyway.
The outer-layer at that point may as well not exist.

Pregnancy is a real thing. Like. It happens IRL to actual humans. It exists outside the fetish. It can be depicted in a fetishistic light, but like...the quest tells a story about a couple that has a child, which is a difficult thing that people go through, which is why that story exists. The depiction of something is not the fetishization or endorsement thereof.

1 hour ago, Pakaku said:

Ah yes, because everything online is about a fetish

Here's some random examples:
"I like Tomboys!" - Valid, fine. Socially okay to say.
"I think everybody should be Tomboys." - Questionable, bordering on fetish.
"If you're not a tomboy, I want nothing to do with you." - Clearly into that, or worse.

There are degrees of it.
Unlike the Pregnancy IRL, it's not a permanent state of being.
UNLESS there's some level of extreme put in there that raises eyebrows.
You could argue void magic, but I can also argue void magic can learn some common sense and try again.

The Quest did it's job. The baby exists now.
Let's not beat around the bush, why are we wielding the walking fish tank?
The only instance I've commonly seen is "That's where Jade gets her power" and "That's how we saw her!"

1. People phrase it like the belly is some kinda fusion reactor. Which makes it more awkward to think about when visiting the Helminth.
    • Because this implies one of two things:
      • Either the baby is inert and it REALLY IS just a battery or it's an actual baby and can replicated.
    • Former can exempt the belly in that case, latter opens way too many questions that probably shouldn't be answered.
      • Especially given how the "canonical" baby is in the hands of Stalker and is supposed to be a "big deal".
      • If you can just... make more, that undermines the importance of that plot-bean.
      • So narratively, it would HAVE to the former.
  2. We also never physically saw Titania, Wisp, Nova, Rhino, Equinox, Dante, Caliban, Zephyr, Wukong, Trinity and more before building them.
    • In fact, it'd be easier to list the ones we DID see. Such as Yareli (through Waverider comic) or Revenant (spectral ghost).
      • ... but than you have to argue if that's a byproduct of plot or the blueprints really do build the exact same way every time.
      • Former is one hell of a coincidence, latter seems more viable since they're... y'know... blueprints. Of which you ACQUIRE, not make.
      • The exceptions to "not making it" are ones such as the Dojo BPs. A small and trivial collection.
    • You can't even saw it's because we rebuilt what was left of her because there's very little of Warframes like Trinity or Wisp to acquire.
      • In fact, all we have of Mirage for instance is faint, faded memories from Lotus. Very little to build off of, even if described.

In that sense, it's not that it's a fetish by itself-- but that there's too many details lining up that suggest it is one.
For if DE put as much thought into this as they say they did (which I doubt, given how her quest played out), that would mean they would account for these plot holes.
If they didn't put any thought into it or skimped most of it, they wouldn't have justification for keeping her that way.

Seriously, how many games let you play a pregnant badass?

None that I take seriously... or care to play.
Maybe some low-budget H-Game on Steam, buried under "30% Positive Reviews" of several years ago, I suppose.
Almost like there's a reason for that.

You got your reasons, that's fine.
I got my reasons for liking the old Melee system-- but we're never getting THAT back now, are we?
Things are bound to change, I agree with OP's method of making it work (Jade Prime lacking the belly).
Not only is it does it provide a narratively interesting twist, but it also gives people the option they were wanting.

Granted, a skin will likely happen before that... but we also have instances like Lavos Prime upcoming who STILL lacks a Deluxe Skin as of present.
So it's not a surefire certain-scenario. Which is subscribe to OP's idea. It works on multiple fronts and satisfies more players.

Besides, you still got the base skin. I use base Protea myself, as I like the grit.
Happens all the time.

6 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

It's kinda a scary thought to think about for some, right?
The idea of your life ending and a perfect replica taking your place...

It makes you wonder what happens if say... the Star Trek teleporter failed to zap the previous entity.
If you get used to this situation, who's to stop someone from tweaking a teleporter to obliterate you. As you walk blindly into a death trap?
Of course, Star Trek- on the surface level- explains this by taking they disintegrate and rebuilding those EXACT particles elsewhere... but that's a white-lie.

Personally, I've gotten around it by mentally fixing the idea that if I do walk into my clone?
We're both in a spiritual pact to look out for each other, accepting that we share the same origin-- but are our own entities.

... but since we're getting closer and closer to this being a reality? I often urge people to think about it.

4 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I think all of you are mistaken.

I'm fairly certain (hoping) you say this as satire, as it reads as such.
Just letting you know that most probably wouldn't pick up on that.

A dangerous catalyst, I'd say. Best box that up!~

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

This may just be a plot hole though. Because both are true: Jade was used in executions, and the jade light was used before even the sentients.

Yeah, that's the problem with a lot of people trying to "pick apart" the lore.
There's so many inconsistencies because a lot of it stems from passive remarks.
Hell, the only reason I even bother is because it's the fastest to fix a concern of mine. All praise the DE Monkey Paw in Steve's desk...

Especially since this leaves the infamous paradox of "If it does/doesn't matter."
If they carefully thought this all out, they did a poor job.
If they didn't care to think it out, they don't have to follow their own rules and anything goes.
Both have their own perks and flaws, but the point is DE isn't using either of them very well.

It makes post like this feel somewhat nicer because there's at least some notion of direction.
... but ultimately, the fate lies in the hands of some questionable antics. Of which we have little sway over.

36 minutes ago, MrInubis said:

As i said its not normal cloning but rebuilding like Shepard im ME2. Look it up if you didnt play, will be easier to understand than explanations i can come up with. Also Umbra is the name of the dude that was changed into Excal. Im waiting for any semblence of proof of the claim that there were "dozens" of any frame when we know for sure there was very few Tenno. There wouldnt be enough operators for whole army of warframes. That alone makes it impossible.

Oh no, duplicates of frames were made. We don't really know how exactly. For example Excalibur Prime is canonical, and so is Excailbur Umbra.
Duplicates of frames were made, so tenno could pilot multiple and pick the best tool for the job.

• Like 1