The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Koumei & the Five Fates - New Player Experience and Quality of Life

[DE]Taylor

Great work! Love the relic feature! I have two thoughts that come to mind with the NPE: I understand bottom lines, and as business with a free to use product, I am aware of the situation. However, things like the faded, starter, color pallette with locked colors is a relic. Just give them the color pallette and call it a day. They will buy more. The crafting times for weapons and frames is a biggie. Bring them down just within the threshold of being a nuisance but not scary. Weapons are usually 12 or 24 why not do 6 and 12. Warframe 72 hour crafting times are so outlandish when you have a 12 hour per part precursor. 6 for the parts 36 for the frames is plenty of time to convey the attractiveness of a rush, while giving a sense of reward for long session style players. They can grind the parts, craft them, then start their frame. But after achieving so much and playing so long. You'll be more inclined to rush on a regular basis. I know this isn't the prettiest way to describe other players who read this, but I feel like it's a change that will be seen as a gesture of goodwill to current players, and as a much less scary environment for new ones. Regardless of these opinions I have, I do think that more and more of the QOL changes and such are gonna be carving a good path into the next gen of Warframe players.

Thanks for Reading.

• Like 2

Two QOL updates to the foundry I'd love to see is more intelligence in the search function and being able to build sub-components from the main item. As a returning player recently who was gone for a while, it was a lot of flipping back and forth and using notepad to make notes on what I needed.

Search function:

Being able to search terms like "kitgun" or "hound" and having it show all the components of kitguns or hounds would be great. Also being able to search general terms like "not mastered" or "not owned" to see all items you might have in your foundry that fit those criteria would be great for new players.

Sub-component crafting:

This mostly stems from refined gems/ores, but if I'm on a weapon or Warframe piece blueprint, but it takes 20 ore as one of the components to craft, it would be nice to be able to click it from within the weapon blueprint and start that craft (assuming all materials for the ore are owned). I was trying to bulk craft components and having to swap back and forth between the Modular and Mining tabs and scrolling through those large lists took longer than it should.

Just a few foundry thoughts from me.

• Like 7

While we're on the topic of NPE, Kuva Liches and Sisters of Pavros really need a better introduction. They inherently don't make much sense to new players in my opinion, and I think they could benefit from having a streamlined version of the process to kill/capture them as optional quests in the codex. They make perfect sense once you've done one, so I think new players would benefit a lot from that. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, _Rai-Zen_ said:

Can you reconsider bringing back old heavy attack? (always heavy slam is annoying when using incarnon melees + its abused by wukong players [aka once again wukong will be as top played.] If ya change it soon there will be less rewiew bombing so please bring old heavy attack back)

Old heavy attack from when, and what do you mean by always heavy slam?

• Like 1

Another change i think could be done is any player starts with 3 Warframe slots, 1 for each starter frame, and an extra 7 weapon slots, one of each MK-1 variant in the game, but not exclusive to them, meaning the other slots can be occupied by any other frame or weapon. With Koumei launching there will be 750 pieces of equipment to rank to 30 or higher, Surely giving players a comfortable head room to learn and understand the game and its mechanics before forcing players to choose to sell equipment or to buy platinum is beneficial to the game overall.

• Like 3

This might be a bit of an odd request, but could you maybe make Octavia's Anthem a required quest for The New War? It is the second quest where Hunhow appears as the main antagonist and considering how his story continues in The New War and Jade Shadows, it doesn't really make any sense for you to start Octavia's Anthem after either of them. Especially since he has voice lines hinting at The New War that make no sense if the war is already over and he should obviously be aware of that.

• Like 3

A QoL asked again and again is to expand on tap/hold abilities that can be inverted. There is a lot of them whose usability is hindered because of being forced to hold them. 2 example:

• Sevagoth's Reap: the hold mechanic is useless. It's not like the effects are stronger or last longer, with an altered energy cost or whatever, or the Shadow has a different steering or anything. There is literally no strategic use to be made of it. Not holding only give a worst version of the ability without any nuance or variety of gameplay.
  • Protea's Temporal Anchor: i made a post about it but to summarize, the bad reputation of this ability come first and foremost from the extremely punishing consequence of not cancelling the ability before it runs out (the Rewind of Shame). And to cancel it, you have to hold the ability, which can be tedious, delayed or straight up unresponsive during intense gameplay. This ability need to be looked at but the bare minimum to make it more palatable would be to be able to tap to cancel it, instead of holding. Its usage would flow more naturally thank to that.

There is certainly many more abilities suffering of usability issues because of not being able to invert tap and hold. This kind of QoL would benefit absolutely all players, new and old, in all available content in the game.

Edited by Yulfan
  • Like 4

"Purchasing Arcanes from a Vendor now displays how many Arcanes you own per rank"

Oh my god thank you!  This would have saved me a bunch of standing yesterday purchasing 11 Virtuos Arcanes to max out one I already had 10 of after forgetting they only have 3 ranks.

Edited by Shoelip
Added more context.
  • Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb [DE]Taylor:

5 - Purchasing Arcanes from a Vendor now displays how many Arcanes you own per rank.

92ce2847af494f45c2704458fcab0177.png

Each filled diamond icon represents one rank! Also added the rank UI element to Arcanes in the Vendor wares to more clearly indicate that they are unranked. 

Please also extend this for the arcane breakdown into vosfor at loid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agall said:

Any chance of Incarnon form toggle that disables the cosmetic override when in Incarrnon mode?

Yeah I think we need something like that for alot of the incarnons, I hate when my dread switches from the cool causta skin to the simple dread skin with the incarnon look, like you guys could just make it to where the incarnon doesn't show and the cosmetic overrides the look

• Like 1

It would be nice if you could dispach/remove a lich. even if this means lose the stolen resources, and pay some kuva (grineer) or credits (corpus) to a lich head hunter or some sort of npc (maybe stalker, after jade shadows he could work with us for a change).

i know that sisters of parvos is hard to get on accident, but liches is the easiest thing to get and is super hard to a new player to remove one, not for the weapon, many people doesn't even know that they drop a weapon, just want to stop listening it talk every log in.

with the rumor of a new set of liches it would be important to have this system.

• Like 3

Please add a "similar" relic popup if continuing a void fissure.

At the moment, I take a relic to radiant, use it, and then since I didn't make a ton of them radiant, I then have to find it in the list again, in mission. If I made a ton radiant, it pops up as last equipped.

Make it so if I have non radiant relic of the same kind, it pops up in the place of last equipped.

If you wanna push it past that, after all burn all my relics of a kind, show similar to show relics with the same pieces, not forma though. This feature would be huge for Omnia fissures.

Edited by (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE
  • Like 3

"Adding small narrative introductions to planets and their Assassination targets as players move through the Star Chart."

This is maybe the biggest one in the entire list to me and should have come five years ago. Unlocking a new systems should really tell you why it matters to work through it, and the Assassination target should be what ties the missions together.

• Like 2

Still no "Hide Crafted/Mastered" button. I've lost track of time when we even started to ask for it. Its literally the biggest QoL update we've wanted for YEARS, PLEASE. Add a "Hide Crafted/Mastered" button.

Looking at foundry and nightwave shop is, clicking "hide owned" and it hiding only 2-3 items and rest saying owned/mastered and not hiding is a really annoying status. Please give us the option to do this. Its a lot of visual clutter for people who own most of the stuff and trying to find new ones.

• Like 2

What i personally want:

Unvaulted/Vaulted text on relic select on endless missions (i need to write them into .txt file or saved messages in telegram, so i wont spend my collection of relics from 2017)
Unvaulted relics filter (in missions exceptionally)
Prime resurgence relics should displayed as "unvaulted" or "resurgence", like, i need to check market and write all relics in .txt file and then pick it.

Melee incarnon timer not on effects bar. Because its wery hard to find it when you have 15+ effects. Maybe near crosshair, or highlight it with special color or pin as first effect.

• Like 5