The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Future helmith subsumes.. what if..

-ShadowRadiance-

Say a futures warframes kit just wasnt helminth compatable at all..

What then? Force an ability to be?

Skip that frame giving a subsume?

How about.. we open a door and peek inside here.

Lets say.. we could go a Jade route. As a subsume. We could in that confiq. Infuse an extra modslot?

Alternativly.

Infuse an extra arcane slot for said confiq?

Last time I checked Jade's route was default helminth.
Consider that adding additional mod slots may backfire since you'd still have the same mod capacity and it'd be only on one config of your frame, least you want it to be on each config which wouldn't be a subsume, but a genuine upgrade for the frame as a whole, so would be having a third arcane slot.

I may want an augment slot or two for my frames, but I don't want to have to keep forcing helminth down my throat just achieve that, I want it to be a comprehensible process that is a reward for my time invested into a frame, and as an expansion of my arsenal due to my effort, not because I put down another of these majestic creature.

This ain't it chief 👎🤨

48 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Say a futures warframes kit just wasnt helminth compatable at all..

Obviously DE wouldnt make a frame with that risk in mind as they now have to account for Helminth when making new frame Kits.

49 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

What then? Force an ability to be?

If the Skill was too strong, they can just do as they currently do and make the subsumed version be weaker.

50 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Skip that frame giving a subsume?

Aint happening and

50 minutes ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Lets say.. we could go a Jade route. As a subsume. We could in that confiq. Infuse an extra modslot?

Alternativly.

Infuse an extra arcane slot for said confiq?

e0195fac38895c57773deebd0909dc40.gif

Some people are missing the words Power Creep in their vocabulary.

• Like 2

I think this is the sort of hypothetical, where we'd actually have to see or at least hear an example of an ability being "Helminth Incompatible", because what does that mean exactly? An ability thats so tied together and integrated with other abilities, its too useless to exist on any other Warframe? I mean, not all Helminth abilities are considered good or valuable. 

Its a bit like a hypothetical asking, "What if DE designed a Warframe, that was so tall, they couldn't fit through most doors, even when crouching, and so couldn't do 80% of missions? Would people who picked them to use, just have to quit missions, when they realise they can't walk through many doors?" I mean... Yeah... no? About the quitting bit? The important bit though is why or how DE would design a Warframe like that in the first place? Or why they couldn't just make some sort of modification, where they just look really tall, but still manage to move around like every other Warframe skeleton. There are going to be solutions to potential issues, you can also nerf/modify abilities considered too powerful, and or they may lose some functionality (like you can't Infuse elements with Lavos Helminth), but also the ability sort of being weak or not that valuable isn't stopping them either (if its main strength or value lays in being interconnected with a kit). 

So the important bit is probably why/how DE would design an ability that couldn't be a subsume, without any sort of solution or adjustment. 

10 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

Say a futures warframes kit just wasnt helminth compatable at all.

Then they'll give you one of the skills minus everything that isn't compatible, nerf by 50-70% as applicable.

DE doesn't care *at all* whether or not the Helminth ability is useful, they'll happily give you some watered down ability that costs 50 energy and heals you for 100 health or something.

Edited by Traumtulpe