Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Uncommon conservation target spawns inconsistent with pheromones [Investigating]

5 hours ago, Toushiro150 said:

Tested it. Got another 2 in the wild not tied to the cycle though; So just need to look for them without the hunt minigame

Can you share an example of where on the map you found them?

Hunting them on track sites are impossible to find

Yeah. Well, now that made it so that we absolutely need them. From what I've been told, you may try using phermones and then screw with the second call a little (not moving your aim up/down exactly as the ui tells you) but one of my friends told me that this too doesn't seem to work correctly.

So if DE could finally take a look at it, that would be great.

Although the luring is definitely bugged, in the meantime I just managed to find a delicate pobber and a black-banded bolarola in the wild. So that's a work around if you want to try looking for them with the tranquilizer radar. I'm now looking where I can find stover spawns (if they can spawn naturally) to get the fuming dax variant.

edit: Stovers do spawn too, in caves, it's just a little more tricky to find them.

Edited by Rathalio
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Watchman3001 said:

Yepp, I also managed to found those exact two species in the wild. Uncommon Kubrodon and Horrask though? Nope, not even once

I found a few vallis Kubrodons, if you want to keep looking, I can confirm they can spawn.

about 5~6 hours in, i can say that i was unable to find a single Fuming Stova. i'm at 234 Sentinels, and 142 Fires.
For some reason, i did find some of the valis kubrodon (12 tags).

Had the same issue with the black-belted rolabola thingies. Couldn't find them after spending about 3 hours. I ended up finding one in the wild; and that became my strat. It worked, since i found 3 now, enough to buy the mod.

Going to try the same approach for the Fuming stover now. New game -> TP to the cave about 8 o'clock at the map, look for spawns, pray to RNGSUS it's a Fuming, and repeat.

Good luck! this is Frustrating to the point that as a Conservation lover, i'm starting to dislike it.
Must be something wrong with the statistics behind it..

Edit: I found nearly all t2 critters outside Orb Vallis
even if there is nothing wrong with the statistics, this is a fairly true way to get them. Got some Fuming Stovers now, and some new mods. GL!

Edited by gyrusho

Pretty sure their spawns are bugged. Same issue here. With or without pheromones, each location I could find, they failed to spawn or the "nest" would just disappear (even when cloaked as Ivara). No verbal indication at all of them arriving or calling back. Something is probably broken.

• Like 2

I have hundreds of floofs in my orbiter (as in: multiple times a hundred, no exaggeration) so I know how this works. Last time I hunted Orb Vallis was before the introduction of Pheromones. I know Vallis Kubrodons used to exist because I have their floofs and all my conservation emblems. Unfortunately I only had 1 Vallis Kubrodon tag left. I'm about 60-80 Kubrodon catches in since yesterday and have not seen a single Vallis Kubrodon. Something is entirely broken here. I even went so far as to do 30 or so without pheromones (only Brindles as a result). I tried being 'a bit off' with my calls, I tried sacrificing a herd of pobbers, I even tried standing on my head while doing the call. No Vallis Kubrodons. Ever. They do not exist, they are a myth. Fix it please or change the cost to the 'rare' Kubrodon. We all have plenty of those now. Thank you.

2 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Hi Tenno! I can confirm that spawn issues for uncommon conservation targets is a known issue, and it's a top priority for us to fix. Thank you everyone who reported this. 

PLease give some kind of compensation for those of that wasted hours farming this.

I now have 1,200 Sunny Pobber, 740 Subterranean, and ZERO Delicate pobbers (not counting the 2 I had remaining from years ago) from 6 hours of farming trying everything from use pheremone, dont use, use and let it stop smoking, use before first call, use only before echo, fail echo a few times, get perfect echo...

and those two thousand useless tags aren't even accounting for the countless pobbers i just shot from a distance when I saw them coming and they were not delicate.

3 hours ago, Rathalio said:

in the meantime I just managed to find a delicate pobber an

i have several hundred wild-caught not lured pobbers and jack sh*t to show for it.  
If thats the workaround, DE can stuff it.

• Like 3

• (PSN)Umbrellie changed the title to [Being Investigated by DE] - Swimmer Horrasques not spawning, or being classified as Dappled Horrasques.

So, you can't find those suckers. It's alright. I've got some tips. All anecdotal, mind you! but hey, maybe someone will find it helpful.

Give up on pheromones. You'll land rare after rare. Ain't it, chief.

I believe our only choice is an Incredible Volume of Wild Spawns, which means finding areas where wild spawns are mostly of the animal you're hunting.

so anyway. here's where I've been hunting.

FUMING DAX STOVER:

The cave north of Central Maintenance is a long, unbranching cave. Run on in, until you get to that shattered bridge. Cross it, then turn back southwards.

A stover (or two) should be forced to spawn on top of a short cliff drop. You'll hear the howl as you get closer- check your tranq scope to see if it's coming towards you or moving away.

I find that other caves just aren't deep enough- other animals tend to spawn outside of the cave even if you're in it, running around. Also, mind(read: kill) the corpus patrols.

SWIMMER HORRASQUE:

I'm not going to lie, I don't have one of these yet. I've been hunting around the west coolant lakes (in the mushroom-less pocket between Coolant Reservoir, Enrichment Labs, and The Pearl to try to avoid the sawgaw spawns), but it's still got kubrodons, bolarolas, and some pobbers there. And I keep hearing the sawgaws over the mountain range.

I've tried Asta Crater as well, but I felt like a lot of precision was needed to not spawn sawgaws and virminks. and kubrodons. The virminks are considerably more annoying than the kubrodon to... relocate to clear the area, since they often spawn in twos, let alone the sawgaws spawning in threes.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd be glad to test them out. And amend this. Also, sleep arrow Ivara helps a lot- she can sleep'em through the ground.

EDIT: GOT A SWIMMER BY THE LAKES AT THE OFFSHOOT POND CLOSER TO THE PEARL; BUT IT'S STILL MAD INEFFICIENT
2: SECOND SWIMMER FOUND. WEST COOLANT RESERVOIR BY THE TELEPORTER. 18 MINUTE HUNT. VERY RESTRICTED FLIGHT PATH. MAY BE A FLUKE.

BLACK-BANDED BOLAROLA:

Up at the top-left corner of the map, I find that the area above the Temple of Profit has a pretty decent bolarola spawn ratio- you'll periodically see kubrodons, virminks as you approach the mushroom area westwards, and the occasional pobber pack as well, but hey. Plenty of bolarolas.

Better bring sleep arrow Ivara for this one too. Bolarolas are hard to hit through their scales. You could hunt these alongside the horrasques at the west coolant lakes. I found two black bandies there.

+...delicate pobbers?:

near the teleporter leftwards of temple fabrication has like, a dish created by small mountain ridge smooshed up against the left map boundary
flying 500m up and down here seems to spawn: pobbers. kubrodons. bolarolas. But mostly pobbers.

i was looking for a kubrodon spot but they seem to just... hang out with bolarolas in the mountains.

Beyond that, well, happy RNG everyone. Good hunting.

Why are bolarolas so chill? They just roll with it.

Edited by XFlare360
can confirm: swimmers exist for me. hopefully people trying to wild-hunt can find this and make use of it?
  • Like 3

• [DE]Saske changed the title to Uncommon conservation target spawns inconsistent with pheromones [Investigating]
1 hour ago, XFlare360 said:

FUMING DAX STOVER:

The cave north of Central Maintenance is a long, unbranching cave. Run on in, until you get to that shattered bridge. Cross it, then turn back southwards.

A stover (or two) should be forced to spawn on top of a short cliff drop. You'll hear the howl as you get closer- check your tranq scope to see if it's coming towards you or moving away.

I find that other caves just aren't deep enough- other animals tend to spawn outside of the cave even if you're in it, running around. Also, mind(read: kill) the corpus patrols.

This worked almost immediately for me. Going to try your other recommendations after I force spawn a few more of these Fuming things.

Shame there doesn't seem to be a way to force the Vallis Kubrodons, though.