Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Koumei & the Five Fates: Hotfix 37.0.2

[DE]Danielle

10 minutes ago, JargenBakt said:

Again, what are you even on about? Two very different frames. Now you're just going off-topic for absolutely no reason.

Nova Rework needs to be restored back to the way it was so it's not stuck in this awful immobile role that relegates it to defense and endurance and that does not make for good gameplay.

Seems like you just weren't destined to play Nova. 

Again, Equinox is there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rexis12 said:

Seems like you just weren't destined to play Nova. 

Again, what are you on about? How many times must I say this? This off-topic nonsense has got to stop.

Nova Rework is amazing. Fixed just about everything wrong with her while also fixing the immobilization nonsense in the process. Completely firebombing the rework a day later was completely irrational and illogical. They didn't even give the rework a chance to get off the ground because people moaned and moaned about how it was viable in more areas of the game and no longer restricted to immobilized roles like defense. I would be playing Nova right now if they hadn't firebombed the rework into oblivion.

30 minutes ago, JargenBakt said:

Again, what are you on about? How many times must I say this? This off-topic nonsense has got to stop.

Nova Rework is amazing. Fixed just about everything wrong with her while also fixing the immobilization nonsense in the process. Completely firebombing the rework a day later was completely irrational and illogical. They didn't even give the rework a chance to get off the ground because people moaned and moaned about how it was viable in more areas of the game and no longer restricted to immobilized roles like defense. I would be playing Nova right now if they hadn't firebombed the rework into oblivion.

Original nova crayon taste better. Maybe equinox flavored crayon taste good for you?

Edited by Redrigoth
  • Like 2

Nova Changes: 
1. Null Star: Now recastable, more particles retaining her DR, DR applies to shields also now, blast damage, and the augment for it got upgraded to seeking enemies with guaranteed heat procs AND still scales with Archon Vitality
2. Antimatter Drop: Now can increase its speed, 100% SC of Blast, delayed casting after explosion removed, it looks cooler, collision removed, and it tracks better when aiming
3. Wormhole: Now is charge based (not duration), pips above each wormhole to see how many times you can go through it left, and can see the exit point of Kullervo's 1 if you're going through with it. 
4. Molecular Prime: Now is a Tap / Hold for Slow / Fast (Now updated so the fast moves at the same rate as the slow. Was initially going faster but covered the same ground as the slow and personally like the newer version), Slow / Fast buffed to 50%, the bonus damage now affects OG along with health and shields, Fast will make everything fast no matter what, killing enemies that are primed have a 20% chance to proc blast on nearby enemies, and now its augment will prime enemies hit by her 1. 

If you think these changes were bad for Nova, you need to go back in time and play her then, and then play her now. Also, you should just reconsider having fun. 

She feels so much better to use sitting still, on the go, and murdering everything much better now. 

Edited by Halo
Clarification
  • Like 3

Just now, Redrigoth said:

Old crayon taste better. Maybe that makes more sense?

Oh hey, look, more off-topic nonsense.

The sooner the Nova Rework is restored back to the way it was the sooner we can get back to Nova being a frame worth using and not a frame that is completely locked down to being completely immobile while having to wait an ungodly amount of time for things to happen.

10 minutes ago, JargenBakt said:

Oh hey, look, more off-topic nonsense.

The sooner the Nova Rework is restored back to the way it was the sooner we can get back to Nova being a frame worth using and not a frame that is completely locked down to being completely immobile while having to wait an ungodly amount of time for things to happen.

Want to hear a secret technique nova can do? It is called waaaallkinggg. Repeat after me. Www-aaa-lll-kkk-iiii-nn-ggg.

Instead of waiting around for enemies to come to you, you can use that technique to magically go to them wwooooww 😮

She also has magic door that makes her skip the walk and go somewhere instantly wwoooowwww 😮

They also gave her null stars the ability to prime enemies so you can boom boom while walking wwwoooowww 😮

Edited by Redrigoth
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Halo said:

Nova Changes: 
1. Null Star: Now recastable, more particles retaining her DR, DR applies to shields also now, blast damage, and the augment for it got upgraded to seeking enemies with guaranteed heat procs AND still scales with Archon Vitality

Null Star changes were great. Neutron Star on the other hand got a massive nerf. Adding a 2s delay before being able to recast make the ability totally useless both offensively and defensively. The seeking properties and the guarantee heat procs have been there since patch 32.

Still hoping for a DE response to clarify why these 2s delay between cast were added.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Redrigoth said:

Want to hear a secret technique nova can do? It is called waaaallkinggg. Repeat after me. Www-aaa-lll-kkk-iiii-nn-ggg.

Instead of waiting around for enemies to come to you, you can use that technique to magically go to them wwooooww 😮

She also has magic door that makes her skip the walk and go somewhere instantly wwoooowwww 😮

They also gave her null stars the ability to prime enemies so you can boom boom while walking wwwoooowww 😮

Someone is clearly losing their mind here by posting some Grade A off-topic nonsense.

Why don't you tell me why you want Nova to remain in that immobilized boring role that she has been in for years? The rework fixed everything about Nova, but you, amongst many, decided that letting Nova be viable for other parts of the game and enjoyable for many, many players wasn't acceptable and managed to get DE to firebomb the rework into oblivion after a single day. Because it seems like none of you can come up with a valid reason for any of your points. Nova sat at the top in terms of gameplay for a single day before y'all decided to complain instead of giving it a try as it was. All you did was complain, complain, complain. It was absolutely fantastic gameplay, but all you people could think about was "not enough energy" "not enough duration" "it's too fast" (really?). You'll wanted your immobilized roles back for absolutely no real valid reasons and you got DE to undo the best thing to happen to Nova.

The devs response to all of this was so overblown that the Rework got firebombed into oblivion and one can't help but think why did they even think to touch Nova in the first place only to do this nonsense and undo it all. They absolutely need to go back and undo the nerf because it just absolutely keeps with Nova being stuck in the immobilized roles otherwise.

Edited by JargenBakt

7 hours ago, Fenomeral said:

There are some issues with transference making your Operator spawn elsewhere, this is particularly easy to replicate with Volt Shields but it seems like anything that may be in the proximity of your Warframe at the moment you try using transference will make it happen.

Super annoying when my nova teleports 200m to be brought back 200m when i try to use nourish + zenurik for energy refills...

7 hours ago, Champion_Argos said:

I noticed Brief Respite and Auger set mods arent functioning 100% of the time while doing shrine defense. It also seems like Gara isnt getting the DR from Shatterstorm

it's so annoying for nova because you get still get tapped when her 4 is active (although way less common) so there's no easy way to just shield tank it all unless you run pillage or condemn

Nova's new Molecular Prime Speed wave was great. It was probaby the best thing in her rework for me. I see diffrent opinions on this so to satisfy everyone the best thing would probably be to let us choose beetwen fast and slow wave version or just make fast version expand faster but last the same duration(althrough i dont mind just reverting to the fast version)

9 hours ago, JargenBakt said:

It's a nerf through and through. The new mechanics fixed Nova and improved her gameplay and them changing it back to the old behavior means Nova is back to being boring again. I don't want Nova to be boring and neither does anyone else. All this talk about energy just means you are just annoyed that the new mechanic had real consequences and that you couldn't just sit in a spot and spam cast Molecular prime over and over and over again without having to manage your energy. At the same time, the new mechanics breathed new life into Nova that was much needed and having a frame get nerfed this hard this fast did not help.

What you're asking for is just day form Equinox's Rest and Rage ability which you can subsume onto any warframe. The changes to Nova only ended up making Speedva worse and made it impossible to mod for neutral Nova (Still impossible to have neutral nova because that requires 0 power strength).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IDystopiaI said:

What you're asking for is just day form Equinox's Rest and Rage ability which you can subsume onto any warframe. The changes to Nova only ended up making Speedva worse and made it impossible to mod for neutral Nova (Still impossible to have neutral nova because that requires 0 power strength).

No, it didn't. It made it so that Nova could actually move about and be used for more missions types instead of being pinned to a location and being forced to wait around while Molecular Prime slowly, very slowly, primes enemies. Nova was stuck being in an immobilized position for years and the rework fixed it. The nerf effectively undoes this and now she's back to being this boring frame relegated to being immobilized.

9 hours ago, Zen_Masta_Rex said:

Haven't seen this bug reported.

I have the weapon components for Higasa and Amanata, most purchased at the shrine. Weapon components appear in my inventory, but not in the foundry. I cannot begin crafting.

If you haven't found the components yet, they show up under Miscellaneous, it's that way for a few other weapons like the Ambassador Cinta and Ghoulsaw.

3 hours ago, crazywolfpusher said:

Null Star changes were great. Neutron Star on the other hand got a massive nerf. Adding a 2s delay before being able to recast make the ability totally useless both offensively and defensively. The seeking properties and the guarantee heat procs have been there since patch 32.

Still hoping for a DE response to clarify why these 2s delay between cast were added.

You're burning through her Null Stars in 2s when using them defensively. It looks like it's just a nerf to the Neutron Star spam.

51 minutes ago, JargenBakt said:

No, it didn't. It made it so that Nova could actually move about and be used for more missions types instead of being pinned to a location and being forced to wait around while Molecular Prime slowly, very slowly, primes enemies. Nova was stuck being in an immobilized position for years and the rework fixed it. The nerf effectively undoes this and now she's back to being this boring frame relegated to being immobilized.

Rest and Rage does what you're asking for, and can be subsumed onto Nova. It's also instant, as soon as you press whatever ability you bound it to, the enemies are sped up, there's no waiting for the wave to make contact with the enemies, and also take extra damage. If you want a mobile Nova use it or make use of Nova's Molecular Fission augment and Prime enemies with Null Stars.

The current Molecular prime seems to expands faster than pre update 37, based on the duration it reaches max range in 2/3rds the time I am going off memory for this though, I think my build used to last for 24s and now the dome expires in 16s. It's still better than constantly casting once you're dealing with enemies that gain resistance over time and constantly needing to reprime them.

Edited by IDystopiaI
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JargenBakt said:

Tbh, at this point (after reading all your comments), I think you are just a troll that likes to argument.

Reverting the "rework" is a good thing, and it should stay this way, perhaps for people like you, they should make an augment for fast spreading.

1. In longer (endurance) missions, the less you have to spam the ability, the better (less tedious, annoying, unfun)
  2. Having it cast more often increases energy usage (not a big deal, but still a nerf)
  3. By casting it much more often, you will see the animation often, while with a longer duration, you can do something else meanwhile (ability spam = watching animations logic)
  4. Nova isn't for everyone, she has a specific kit, great for farming and other specific scenarios, which also contains camping a spot.
  5. Consequences? Come on, that has to a joke. This is Warframe, it all depends on your build, I don't see any "consequences" on any of my Warframes, this isn't some tactical survival game. If you can't deal with it, then simply git gud.

In the end, all I can say is, if you don't like her, then don't play her. Nova has been around for many years, always been great for farming, every Warframe has it's purpose.

Edit: You probably don't remember how old Desecrate worked, right? Well, we were getting close to that, and guess why Desecrate works passively now?

Edited by -FrutyX-

13 hours ago, NuclearSaltLord said:

really hoping for some buffs to Koumei and Caliban in future hotfixes, both feel pretty underwhelming as of now

Caliban is fine. his teamplay is a bit underwhelming, but everything else is top notch

14 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Nova’s Molecular Prime Speed wave now grows at the same rate as its Slow wave. 
  • With Koumei & the Five Fates, we made the Speed version grow faster than the Slow (they both travel the same distance, Speed just got there quicker). 
    • The thinking was that it would get to enemies quicker so that they can reach you faster for speedy destruction. It also added a visual difference between the Slow and Speed waves. However, we received feedback that this was not desirable because a faster wave has a shorter life span and had a greater chance of missing enemies compared to the Slow wave. So players had to spam cast it far more, making it costly and not as efficient. So we’ve reverted that in this Hotfix and now both waves grow at the same rate.

Excuse me What? Sped up enemies drop more Energy Orbs, so you can... Cast More. The "Problem" is literally already solved by the Passive! The visual speed distinction was Important to know what you cast. If you are going to stick to that, at least make it so the Speed and Slow have the dual color energy channels swapped, so there is at least Some visual distinction.... please...

I would Much rater, the wave gets to the enemies faster, compared to having to sit there and wait awkwardly as it travels to them, only to obliterate them for 2 seconds, and then spend another 3s waiting for the wave to reach the enemies again....

14 hours ago, Redrigoth said:

It was a bad change and it is a good thing they reverted it. The slow moving lingering field would prime new enemies as they spawned in or out of it. When it was moving too fast it would prime a few enemies and disappear which meant you had to cast it 3x as often to get similar amounts of priming.

This.... Is ONLY True If you AFK in ONE SPOT. If you are moving you will be recasting anyways, and the Speed gives you literally twice the energy Orbs.... Tell me you have only used Speed Nova on Defense without telling me....

People like this^^ Reigned in an update to Nova that improved her tactical capabilities in Moving Conditions, and praise a reversal that pulls her back into "Sit on Def target and cast 4 every once in a while". God forbid you have to press a singular button more often... Oh Nooooo....

Wave hits enemy faster, enemy comes, it dies, cast new wave with the bajillion energy you just got - Where is the problem with that?

Whoever gave you that feedback should actually play the game more..... Not only in Defense!