Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Levelling Up Tests Amount To Cyber Discrimination.

CaptainEras

I honestly dont know how you find this that hard. Go watch some videos and alter a build or power up a weapon or two. Maybe change your frame. 

Also I do agree that people in here are being a bit blunt to you but I also think that you are being a little to foolish. 

Its a test in a game.

Should all tests be easy and passable by everyone? No that would be boring. 

Does the test prevent you progressing in the game? No, level progression and map progression is not linked to mastery. Currently all you have lost is the ability to use some clan weapons and less trading.

You spend time maoning about people and developers but not really explaining which part you find hard. See this  as a challenge that you need to address and work forward through. SO lets ask some better questions that are productive instead of just moaning:

1) HMMMM I have just considered that maybe the change of Damage 2.0 has impacted this test oddly. So we all found it easy on old system but its harder now... Can you tell us the level of the mobs you have to fight? 

2) Also what part are you have problems with?

3) Finding the mobs? Try an enemy radar or banshee to help you spot what to kill

4) Killing mobs? Which wave and enemy type are you killing? Lets see what weapons / frame abilities would be best to kill those.

5) Running around to reach mobs? Right so first we might need a sprint stamina mod. Or possibly use a frame with movement skills. 

6) Surviving damage. Right have we got some right mods equipped? Maybe we need a more tanky frame.

Please forget what people are saying and stop answering them back. Lets focus on what part of the test you are finding hard.  

I just knew I should have stayed objective and kept it "discrimination" only. Going subjective by bringing myself into it was a BIG mistake because that is the only point people are finding accessible . . .

Empiren is the only one who actually sees what my thread is about, which is a much bigger picture than me and my attitude towards levelling up tests.

However, I do know why this happens, people have difficulty handling the abstract, much better to have something clearly identifiable. It's like the truck which mows down the people waiting at the bus stop, blame the driver - the fact that it was an unavoidable mechanical failure is of no interest - because blaming the truck, an inanimate object, brings little satisfaction.

In this instance those who are discriminated against stand as faceless individuals so far better to put the emphasis on my lack of interest in a pointless test.

There are one hell of a lot of assumptions here. I haven't said I couldn't pass the tests, I belong to a clan so would need the levelling up ( but it seems most here assume I'm not in a clan, why else would they just brush off the possibility so lightly ? ), etc. etc., but it is amusing to see how so many replies are more about the poster's perception than the issue in my thread, almost as if each person is considering their perception above all others . .but then, isn't that the way in this cyber world . . . it sort of answers my statement, although discrimination in another form.

Edited by CaptainEras

What? It's an easy test, I passed it with volt (or was it excalibur? One of these two, definitely), armed with prova. And I'm pretty bad gamer myself.

When I tried it with Rhino, I right to right near the end and I got cheaped because one of the guys saw me through a solid floor. He didn't actually see *me*, he saw the guy I killed die. Through a solid floor. Also like to point out that the Orthos stealth execution is.... very bad for stealth -- you stand a mile away from the guy you're killing because you're using a polearm, which makes it a lot easier to get seen doing it.

So yeah, enemy saw me through the solid floor...ya right sure.

Then I went back in with Loki + Energy Siphon + Glaive. lol. My motto is that if something doesn't work, overkill it next time to make sure.

RE:CaptainEras: Sometimes in the game you find yourself needing to kill stuff FAST and stay mobile. The 6->7 test is exactly what that's about. The Test gives you a Time Limit -- this is supposed to represent some situation in which you're in a roomfull of mobs and you need to kill that junk fast (maybe your shields are dropping fast, maybe you've got an ally who is dying and you need to kill the junk before they bleed out) etc.

All you need is a Braton (or similar. I say Braton becuase you can buy one for a measly 20,000 credits) and any frame that has a decently fast running speed (Loki, Nova, Ash, Rhino + Vanguard to name a few) to pass the test. Enemy Radar or Enemy Sense helps you track them down like a bloodhound so there's no wasted time in looking for them.

Every test in the game can be made easier with certain gear or strategies; once you find out what your test is, you can go back in the next day with the right stuff and mindset (watch videos, ask for advice, etc) and then the test really isn't that hard (except maybe the Parkour Test, or the 2nd disappearing platform test).

Edited by Xylia

I don't think they are hard enough to prevent some from ever completing them. But they are a test, and there should be a chance for players to fail them; a chance not determined at random, unlike many other things in this game.

Edited by The_Doc

I don't think they are hard enough to prefent some from ever completing them. But they are a test, and there should be a chance for players to fail them; a chance not determined at random, unlike many other things in this game.

^^

This + the fact most tests can be made easier with certain gear (most of which is not that hard to obtain) is why I really don't see anything wrong with most of the tests. Some of them could use little tweaks and DE has been doing that; give them time.

I noticed they made the 1->2 test so that you never have anything other than a pistol equipped for example. I noticed that while doing a newbie account test; I remember failing that test on the first attempt because I fired one shot (didn't even hit anything) out of my rifle accidentally before switching to the pistol.

Edited by Xylia

The real big problem is that you have to wait a day between attempts.  It should really be more like... an hour.  Or fifteen minutes, or something.

I mean, they're tests.  They shouldn't be something that you can confidently stride into and expect to pass on the first try.  The problem is that they're like trying to play Sonic the Hedgehog, only you have to put down the controller and wait 24 hours every time you lose a life.  You can't really get better at something if you don't have the chance to actually do it with some frequency.  It's also not much fun like that.

I think the point he is trying to make is that the test in and of itself is pretty damn discriminatory towards "unskilled" players or players who want to enjoy the game.

Meanwhile 99% of the game requires nowhere near the level of difficulty you will find in these test. I think that's the real problem.

----------

I don't see the problem with making the test passable by hitting mastery rank and just giving some credit bonus or something.

Totally agree with this ^ Make some game title sets that are like this in the upper levels, would make the tests so much more relevant.

CaptainEras, the OP, deserves more respect and consideration than he has gotten here. Firstly, he's right. BOOM. Some of the mastery tests are broken, or they were when I took them. On the parkour test, for example, my warframe would not stick to the wall, even for a split second. I had to 'cheat' to finish the test. (By 'cheat', I mean I used other abilities to get through the course.)

I've run with CaptainEras, and he's a good player and a team player. If he says the mastery exam needs work, then get to it and fix the darn thing.

Outstanding game, btw, nice work devs.

Edited by Derpo

Aren't test means to be failed???? But I always thought failing is part of the challenge.. Was I wrong?
Before complaining about mastery rank test, PLEASE make sure that it was your skill that really is lacking OR there is something really really wrong with the test. My friend complain to me once that there are some test that couldn't be passed, which turn out it was bugged. I failed a test once because I fall through the ground to the oblivion.... So what's your problem exactly?

If you fail at something you try it again or learn how to do it from your mistakes or others who succeeded. It's a process in life which carries over to videogames. If you really want to go that far, the fact that you need to install steam or a client to play is discriminatory towards the computer challenged, but no one talks about that. I agree that the tests are flat-out bad design if poorly done or buggy gameplay mechanics get in the way, but you can work your way around even that.

Maybe if mastery had more rewards besides weapon usage it wouldn't be such a disappointment once you complete it. Also a warning that tells you to not bring unranked weapons/frames and recommends what frames would work well with the test would really help.

Edited by sewens

Rank 12 to 13 test was the first one I found difficult so far; each other before had a twist which needed to be worked out to complete and the 12 to 13 one was pretty nifty in that it required speed, accuracy and even forward planning due to how the platforms disappeared. Almost failed Rank 10 to 11 test, the one with the large room and spheres you need to shoot for time and a small labyrinth by being extremely lucky in shooting a sphere just as I was running out of time. It was pretty awesome to play through though.

Thankfully, the last rank-locked weapon is Rank 8 which means that other than bragging rights, there's no real need to do any other tests after that. As stated, the tests are a mean to confirm your improvement as a player. If the test is difficult with a certain frame or weapon, use another. I hear some parkour tests are easier with slower frames so remove any Sprint but stack Stamina. Compensate accuracy with a shotgun if you need to shoot targets but have a hard time firing on the move.

I admit I've been mostly lucky for not failing one so far, but part of the reason for those tests is also to teach preparation. If you fail it first, take into account what went wrong and adapt. A lot of players think X frame will do for everything and in most case, they'd be right... but throw them in an uncomfortable situation and see how they have to actually step out of familiar shoes to get things done.

There's also intent by the devs to make past tests you completed redoable through a new dojo room and MAYBE also possible to train on your upcoming test with it which would be good. So that while some might just complete it on their first try through skill or luck, people a little less sure about their abilities can try out the test, figure out the strategy then make a formal attempt while being as prepared as they can be.

This mastery test imo is actually easier than some of the earlier tests.

And yes I am an adult as well, 30 by 2014.

I am already rank 12 and just 22k shy of rank 13.

Are they particularly difficult, perhaps, but it is a test, it ain't a cake walk.

And there are waaay more harder tests than 6 to 7.

Rank 12 test is something; only advice I have for you is look at your surroundings a bit before making your first jump and plan a path ahead. You have 3 retries and I wasted by first two by being too hasty; last one was much smoother once I figured I needed to take down the targets while also knowing where I needed to go next... especially since your platforms disappear after a short while of standing on them.

@OP

Let me get this straight: you think that Warframe's mastery rank tests are discriminatory because they are somewhat difficult?  It boggles my mind that someone could say that in a serious manner.  Games, at their core, are almost always about challenge.  Otherwise, they'd just be cut-scenes.  Tests are also supposed to evaluate the people taking them, to let them see how good they are.  A test which everyone can pass easily is utterly worthless. 

If you really want to play a game which you can't fail, I recommend Fable 2.  Alternatively, you could keep practicing until you become good enough to pass Warframe's mastery tests.  You are not entitled to mastery rank; you have to earn it. 

The only possible excuse you could have for this way of thinking is if you were physically disabled.  In that case, I'm sorry to say that Warframe was not build with you specifically in mind.  It sucks, but it's the truth.  Games can't usually be built with every possible physical injury in mind, especially if they want to remain challenging to a greater number of players. 

CaptainEras, the OP, deserves more respect and consideration than he has gotten here. Firstly, he's right. BOOM. Some of the mastery tests are broken, or they were when I took them. On the parkour test, for example, my warframe would not stick to the wall, even for a split second. I had to 'cheat' to finish the test. (By 'cheat', I mean I used other abilities to get through the course.)

I've run with CaptainEras, and he's a good player and a team player. If he says the mastery exam needs work, then get to it and fix the darn thing.

Outstanding game, btw, nice work devs.

Some of the Mastery Tests are indeed broken. Some Were broken and have thus been fixed.

The Parkour Mastery you mentioned has been fixed, because I certainly did it the "right" way and it worked exactly as expected.

Broken tests will get fixed, especially if they make good on their desires to give us the ability to re-do tests (which allow more players to test the tests more to find the bugs/glitches easier).

The test the OP is hung up on, however, is not broken and is perfectly do-able with basic gear (a Braton and either of the starter frames work fine) that anybody has access to.

If he is as good as you claim he is, there's no reason why he can't do that very same test I did in my Rhino using a semi-auto gun. I did not have a Vanguard Helmet at the time, so my Rhino was a heck of a lot slower than a Mag, Loki, or even Excalibur. In fact, Non-Vanguard Rhino is tied with Frost for being the slowest Warframe in the game, period. And I still did it, easily.

Not tooting my horn here, I'm just saying the test is easy. I think the OP's problem is more of a mental... I don't know... rebellious attitude? He doesn't feel he should have to do it, therefore he has an immediate dislike towards the test and isn't putting forth proper effort because he's doing it begrudgingly.

I woudln't mind personally if one was able to spend plat to rush the mastery test timer

Or just do away with the timer entirely

Or perhaps, reduce the test timer to something sensible, like fifteen minutes. Stops players from spamming it, allows them to learn from their mistakes.

Introduces a mindset of: "Oh well, Might as well do another mission then I try the test again."

There are some good points to be made about accessibility for certain gamers.  I recall a crippled war vet playing Mass Effect multiplayer with absolute awesome precision, using his remaining hand and a stick held in his mouth. 

Some color blind players may have extra difficulty with survival missions or void puzzle rooms, for example.  And some players may inherently have reaction time problems, nerve damage, etc.

I'm not sure what the appropriate solution is, but generally speaking we come to have fun.  Let's all have fun.

There are some good points to be made about accessibility for certain gamers.  I recall a crippled war vet playing Mass Effect multiplayer with absolute awesome precision, using his remaining hand and a stick held in his mouth. 

Some color blind players may have extra difficulty with survival missions or void puzzle rooms, for example.  And some players may inherently have reaction time problems, nerve damage, etc.

I'm not sure what the appropriate solution is, but generally speaking we come to have fun.  Let's all have fun.

If this were the Parkour Test being talked about, I'd be agreeing with you.

The OP, however, has a problem with the "kill 3 waves of 10 guys in 30 seconds" or whatever that is.

If he can't do this... in a game that is about being mobile and killing fast, then... I really don't know what to suggest.

It is like... I don't know... a player who is colorblind complaining that the "Scavenger Hunt" games are too difficult for them. No offense meant to colorblind people, but... uh. Those games are made that way on purpose; they are supposed to challenge those with good eyes.

Or someone who's deaf complaining that Guitar Hero is too difficult.

@OP

Let me get this straight: you think that Warframe's mastery rank tests are discriminatory because they are somewhat difficult?  It boggles my mind that someone could say that in a serious manner.  Games, at their core, are almost always about challenge.  Otherwise, they'd just be cut-scenes.  Tests are also supposed to evaluate the people taking them, to let them see how good they are.  A test which everyone can pass easily is utterly worthless. 

If you really want to play a game which you can't fail, I recommend Fable 2.  Alternatively, you could keep practicing until you become good enough to pass Warframe's mastery tests.  You are not entitled to mastery rank; you have to earn it. 

The only possible excuse you could have for this way of thinking is if you were physically disabled.  In that case, I'm sorry to say that Warframe was not build with you specifically in mind.  It sucks, but it's the truth.  Games can't usually be built with every possible physical injury in mind, especially if they want to remain challenging to a greater number of players. 

Ok since your response is generally what everyone else is saying more or less.

1. No. Games at their core are for enjoyment. Now you can "challenge" the player to increase that enjoyment, but that does not work for all the players. Case and point, Dark Souls, was a "tough" game. Some people enjoyed it because of that, some people hated it. "Challenging the player" should be done in the correct scenario, a boss battle, or a high level enemy perhaps or difficult ai. Challenging him upon leveling up is rather pointless(more in #2).

2. The thing is, mastery test just lock content behind them.After grinding to the next mastery rank you are met with a challenge. It is pretty clear that the developers want to drag out the game at this point due to the "system" in place to obtain a weapon.

-Mastery rank(level up different weapons/frames)

-Test with a 24hour wait time if you fail.

-Resource gathering.(and timed resource gathering for clan weapons).

3. The challenge has nothing to really do with your gameplay beforehand, which is usually the reason for the mass amount of failed-test that happen. (more on #4)

4. This is what the OP is talking about: For unskilled players(and players in general), these challenges represent a meaningless hindrance to their gameplay. Warframe as a whole, is not an exceedingly difficult game, even if you are an unskilled player, most of warframe is easy enough to pick up once you get the hang of it. You really don't need to wall-run, or use stealth, or do any of the things that are in the challenges to play and enjoy the game, even at the higher levels, none of this stuff comes into play. 

-I've never  had to wall-run while shooting, jump to another wall while shooting(again), and then wall-run up. Never. In my entire 200+ hours not once has this ever happened nor has there ever been a need for it.

5. Most of the mastery test are bugged in some way. This in itself only adds to the frustration.

-Heck, i just failed my 8-9 test because on loading it, the game just got stuck on a black screen and crashed.

-I recently did the 7-8 test, the wall-run-up platform straight up vanished.

6. Little to no explanation of the test inside the game.

-This is another problem, especially highlighted for the unskilled players. There is little to no direction of the mechanics of the test.  Just a big "here you go!" kind of entry. Not only that, certain frames or certain weapons are ill-suited for each individual mastery test with NO EXPLANATION of such beforehand.

----------

7. This is the separate point, the mastery test never give you anything. This kind of makes them....pointless by design. Mastery rank unlocks new content, affinity levels, credits and resources used for crafting/modding, master test....just seem to be there to hinder the player's experience.  They don't even give a reward, which they should to help out new players. A simple amount of credits(50-100k) or even a mod that is vital to the core builds like the multishot or redirect.

8. Optional, not mandatory. The test themselves being so irrelevant to the mastery process and the game in general should serve as an extra service, not a mandatory-to-level-up one.

7. This is the separate point, the mastery test never give you anything. This kind of makes them....pointless by design. Mastery rank unlocks new content, affinity levels, credits and resources used for crafting/modding, master test....just seem to be there to hinder the player's experience.  They don't even give a reward, which they should to help out new players. A simple amount of credits(50-100k) or even a mod that is vital to the core builds like the multishot or redirect.

Uh, what?

The Mastery Rank IS the reward for completing the test.

I don't understand where you got it in your head that you deserve the Rank without passing the test, to be honest.

Warframe is a game about Tenno -- Masters of Gun and Blade, and many martial arts/samurai/ninjitsu references are found in game.

Nearly every Martial Arts Style/School features a Belt system -- you train for awhile, then you take a test on what you learned. You have to prove that you MASTERED what they taught you thusfar. The test will be harder than the lessons before it. Pass the Test and you earn a new Belt!

Well, in Warframe, Mastery Ranks are the Belts. And you only get the Belts when you pass the test for them. The Lotus allows you to buy/use more powerful equipment when you show her that you are worthy to bear such equipment in battle. Just like in Martial Arts Schools, they don't teach you certain stuff until you prove you are skilled enough to learn it.

Edited by Xylia

These levelling up tests remind me of the hated interactive cutscenes in games like Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3.

They interfere with, and disrupt, the flow of the experience.

I could never imagine a game like the Battlefield series entertaining such infantile interruptions in what is supposed to be a game primarily for adults, so is Warframe a game for those with the money [the adults], or for the kiddy brigade ?

I have only been here for about 2 months, spent £155, am lvl 6 and forged a lot of my stuff so didn't buy my way, only gave myself a leg up as a late starter . . .but have a founders Masters badge.

My main complaint about these tests is that they introduce discrimination to an arena which should have no discrimination, and I mean discrimination towards a sector of players, bad for PR and bad for business.

I don't mind admitting that I'm on my 4th attempt at doing lvl 6 to lvl 7, failure being largely down to my complete resentment for having such crap in the game so have an attitude of, "f*ck it", my brain refuses to accept making any effort.

I can zap the baddies alongside the best of them, but this frequently means those less talented hold on to your coat tails, which is fine, and how it should be in a sharing experience environment.

Those less talented can still rank up and be proud of their progression through the game . . . but what happens to all those with a handfull of thumbs when confonted by levelling up tests which they haven't a hope in hell of passing ?

One thing which doesn't happen is they don't come into a forum and be jeered at for being a complete noob or newbie. They want some cred and respect, but their level up number is not moving and they know that sooner or later someone will ask why, and the full weight of shame will be upon them.

I know adults in BF games who will not play it purely because of how bad they are, doesn't matter how much they are told it's OK, just have fun, they leave and don't come back . .

However, in Warframe the discrimination towards those less talented is compounded by having certain weapons locked by rank, a rank which they cannot reach.

Game designers need a dose of learning compassion. Gaming is about creating something balanced for all so all can enjoy the experience and not have some feeling like 2nd class gamers in a game with tiers they cannot reach . . . and in that not reaching only having a section of the game available to them.

If you get CaptainEras in your squad and he's not on a new stuff levelling up you will see that he can do more than what is required of him and a bloody good wingman in any situation . . . I can wall run all day long, climb into all manner of cubby holes etc., but insult me with a stupid little childish test which is supposed to measure if I'm fit for levelling up and the powers that be can take a hike . . I'm an adult gamer, not some little kid.

so the long and short of it is the tests are beyond your skill level and..............what. you want a change? the tests are not hard, at all. as thousands of players have taken the rank tests and passed, you're saying DE is insulting you by giving you a test, yet you cant pass it. im sorry but just lol im leaving before this gets uglier.

rank 9, 5.5 months playing, and im 28.

play the game for a bit longer then try taking the tests, as im sure you'll do fine by then.

so the long and short of it is the tests are beyond your skill level and..............what. you want a change? the tests are not hard, at all. as thousands of players have taken the rank tests and passed, you're saying DE is insulting you by giving you a test, yet you cant pass it. im sorry but just lol im leaving before this gets uglier.

play the game for a bit longer then try taking the tests, as im sure you'll do fine by then.

<---- 33, almost 34 and MR11 working on 12.

I know a friend who is 30 or 31 not sure which and he just recently dinged 13.

And I have intermittent carpal tunnel in both wrists, sometimes my right hand goes numb to where I have to stop playing for several minutes at a time to let circulation build back up if I'm not sitting quite right in the chair.

Edited by Xylia

Uh, what?

The Mastery Rank IS the reward for completing the test.

I don't understand where you got it in your head that you deserve the Rank without passing the test, to be honest.

Warframe is a game about Tenno -- Masters of Gun and Blade, and many martial arts/samurai/ninjitsu references are found in game.

Nearly every Martial Arts Style/School features a Belt system -- you train for awhile, then you take a test on what you learned. You have to prove that you MASTERED what they taught you thusfar. The test will be harder than the lessons before it. Pass the Test and you earn a new Belt!

Well, in Warframe, Mastery Ranks are the Belts. And you only get the Belts when you pass the test for them. The Lotus allows you to buy/use more powerful equipment when you show her that you are worthy to bear such equipment in battle. Just like in Martial Arts Schools, they don't teach you certain stuff until you prove you are skilled enough to learn it.

So the excuse of "just because" really.....I write 7 points and you respond with that? Lame.

Thousands of players have also taken the rank test, failed, and dropped the game, I can assure you.

I'd like you to look at my earlier post(a few above yours) and realize that the mastery test have nothing to do with the average gameplay you experience while playing warframe. Especially given that to achieve "mastery" it is basically just a grind.

And I have intermittent carpal tunnel in both wrists, sometimes my right hand goes numb to where I have to stop playing for several minutes at a time to let circulation build back up if I'm not sitting quite right in the chair.

Yeah, not really proving your point at all.

i have some severe back issues from my first tour in Iraq, so sitting comfortably doesn't really exist. bummer on the carpal tunnel though :( as of this writing on my second 30mg morphine tab trying to get the pain in my back to stop. it's not that i do not understand PHYSICAL limitations, but when willingly admits in his OP that his brain refuses to accept making any effort and is therefore having issues passing a test but calls it discrimination, well i sure as hell am not going to support anything of that nature.

Yeah, not really proving your point at all.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned age and medical problems... both of which I have (though the medical problem is thusfar minor) and I managed to do it and I'm hardly a pro player. I'm OK, but I'm no pro.

but when willingly admits in his OP that his brain refuses to accept making any effort and is therefore having issues passing a test but calls it discrimination, well i sure as hell am not going to support anything of that nature.

This is what kills the OP's credibility for me too. He right up said that he doesn't like the test, and can't put forth the focus and determination to actually pass it because he feels he doesn't have to which is a round-about way of saying he's too lazy to do it because he doesn't like doing it. No offense meant, but... I don't know any other word to use to describe that, other than "laziness".

So the excuse of "just because" really.....I write 7 points and you respond with that? Lame.

A couple of the points I agree with (players should know what the test is ahead of time, 24 hour wait is stupid), and what I said addressed more than just the 1 point.

The tests aren't -that- hard... why not ask around in New Players for advice, or look up Youtube videos to see how people do it, etc?

The tests make sense lore-wise and in-game and they are basically just elements of gameplay thrown into test form.

If you can't pass the parkour test (for example), then can you truly say that you can parkour good enough to keep up with a fast group?

If you can't kill enemies with a pistol, then why are you playing the game? (Note: this is not meant as an insult)

That and it'd help if you told us what exactly the Rank6->7 test actually is; these rank tests change with every major update it seems. That and it has been quite a long time so I forget what mine was.

The tests are about making yourself better at the various aspects of the game, they are called Mastery tests for a reason. If you pass the Parkour Test, then you can call yourself a Parkour Master (unless you cheese it, but meh). If you pass the Hacking test then you can call yourself a Hacking Master.

Every game encourages you to become better as you play. If you're not willing to put forth the effort to pass these tests... then why play a game that takes skill in the first place? I'm not sure I understand exactly what your issue with the tests are. Though I will admit it does suck having only 1 chance per day at passing it (especially when they don't tell you ahead of time what the test actually is so you could at least come prepared).

No, no they don't. They are literal content stop gaps and yet another LOTU$ APPROVED TIME$INK. They don't improve the actual ability usage in WF, they don't teach spatial awareness or ttk, they don't improve enemy resistance awareness or how to avoid damage traps, they don't teach targeting context or how to dismantle an enemy squad in the most beneficial order, they don't teach anything. Thank to leaky memory usage and input lag, half of them only teach you how bad WF is currently optimized even after cutting frametime loads in half for the PS4.

There is no skill involved in passing an arbitrary rote sequence. All the mastery test teach you to be, ironically enough, is how to be an annoying self-centric rusher in warframe, something the devs supposedly frown on.

They are the literal definition of pointless time sink.