Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.0 Spreadsheet

Volt_Cruelerz

Question

Warframe PC Build: 11.8.0 (Surfaced Calculations update in progress though)

As many of you may know, I made a gargantuan spreadsheet for damage 1.0. I've been working on a new one for Damage 2.0, but I've been waiting for the storm to die down a bit and for us to get a better handle on the new mechanics before publishing it.

While it doesn't have quite everything yet, I feel I'm ready to put this out there.

In general there are some color coding elements that you should pay heed to if you intend to download a copy and keep it up to date (or if I fall off the map and someone else decides to maintain it instead).

Color Coding
- Blue: elemental statistic
Light Blue: non-elemental statistic
Red: resistance statistic
Green: Mods or other variable to be modified by the user
Yellow: holder statistic (columns containing these are hidden)
Dark Grey: calculated statistic
Red Berry: critical calculated statistic (these are all at the far right of sheet 1)

Terms Used

Physical Total: the total amount of physical (impact+puncture+slash) done by the weapon

Total Base: total base damage (physical+elemental)

Procs/Minute: the average number of status effects per minute (assuming no more than one proc per bullet in the case of rifles or trigger pull in the case of shotguns)

Proc Odds: the chance that a given ammo expenditure will impart a status on the target

Mag Life: the time it takes to empty the magazine when firing at the maximum rate

Crit Modifier: averaged effect of critical hits

Unsurfaced: the effect of a weapon's damage assuming a hypothetical enemy that took exactly 100% from all elemental types

Surfaced: the effect of a weapon's damage on a given enemy type (shield, armor, flesh, infested, or robotic)

DPS: damage per second; in the vast majority of cases, the main measure of a weapon's performance (exceptions include things like snipers and burst rifles which specialize in being able to kill the target very rapidly).

BDPS: when someone says DPS, they usually mean BDPS which is "burst damage per second."  BDPS is the average damage dealt to a target per second as long as the magazine lasts or assuming an infinite magazine.  Useful to determine rates of killing normal enemies.

SDPS: sustained damage per second; this is what happens when you start accounting for reload times.  Useful for determining the effectiveness against high-health enemies like bosses.

Average Damage: average total unsurfaced damage dealt per click.  Also known as "Ammo Efficiency."  Usually the secondary measure of a weapon's performance.
DPS Rank: the rank of a given weapon in regards to unsurfaced BDPS when considered from descending order.  Higher is better.
Ammo Efficiency Rank: the rank of a given weapon in regards to ammo efficiency when considered from descending order.  Higher is better.
Mod Efficiency: a measure of the amount mods have improved the weapon's Unsurfaced BDPS (final_UBDPS-initial_UBDPS)/initial_UBDPS)
Mod Efficiency Rank: the rank given as above only for mod efficiency.  Not displayed in any graphs as this is not a meaningful statistic in regards to how well a weapon will perform in-game.  It is only relevant for build development.

Damage 2.0 Spreadsheet

Best Equipment

Rifle: Soma

Sniper: Lanka (for single-target damage) or Snipetron Vandal (for general use)

Bow: Dread

Shotgun: Boar Prime

Primary: Boar Prime

Secondary: Brakk

Melee: Galatine

Sheets
1. Weapon Stats: Raw damage calculations (don't look at it unless you really want to see lots of numbers)
2. Graphs: contains graphs for DPS, ammo efficiency, and more
3. Rank Graph: meant as a general indication of which equipment is best. I have it set up to be such that higher is better.
4. Resistances by Element: shown in a way that closely matches the way the wiki displays them. Very human-readable.
5. Element by Resistances: used in internal calculations. Less human-readable.
6. Steve's Sheet: a sheet containing the implications of Steve's original system that he posted to the design council. The numbers may be very different than they were in that image, so this sheet is merely for posterity.

Regarding Mod Builds
1. I have chosen builds that in most cases attempt to maximize DPS.
2. Note that there are crit-based pistol builds, but as I found in Damage 1.0 in general, those are not any more viable than their traditional counterparts. I have not seen sufficient evidence thus far to adjust pistols as a whole to crit builds. That said, the Brakk and a couple others (Magnus perhaps?) may get a crit build once I get the chance to do the math.
3. If you don't like a build I have, please download a copy and toy with the green values to find a better build. Please respond in the thread with the reasons and the numbers that support your claim, preferably using the aforementioned "critical calculated statistics."

Known Issues
1. Some cells say "NEED DATA."  This is because I'm waiting on others to perform the necessary tests/datamining to determine what these stats are.
2. Elemental Procs do not factor into damage done. This is because we do not yet understand them well enough.

Other Notes
1. I will update cells that have "NEED DATA" as I become aware of what the numbers are.  If you'd like to expedite the process, you can post in the thread saying that one of the weapons with "NEED DATA" now has data and giving me a source.
2. If you notice an issue with my math that is not covered above, please let me know. Sans-rage is preferable.
3. Feel free to download a copy and play with the green columns to try out different builds. Beware that there is no prohibition on impossible builds!
4. If I don't update it for more than a month, someone can PM me. If I don't respond within a week, the person is free to take over and republish it on google docs so others can see it and so that it can be under their control. (Due to trolls, there's no way I'm just going to open up the spreadsheet for just anyone to modify.)
5. I base the statistics on what I find in-game and on the wikia. I try to avoid using the testing of others until I have verified it or they have submitted pictures/videos of it.
6. Some statistics cannot be accounted for without making assumptions about the conditions of the scenario! The Ignis and Ogris have AoE. The Miter and Glaive-type weapons can bounce.  Shotguns have falloff.  The Torid is off in its own little world.  The Gorgon, Supra, and Cestra have spool times. Accuracy is ignored.

7. Because I am a PC player, I will do my best to keep it up to date according to the PC build update schedule.  There is the possibility that information may be slightly off around the time of updates for PS4 players.  At the time of this writing, the Brakk's damage was reallocated today on the PC build.  I don't know and don't care to keep track of when this change will happen on PS4.

Current Status
- Weapons: waiting on dataminers/testers to find out the numbers for the nine remaining weapons.
- Abilities: incomplete

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I wonder if this might be better merged/tacked onto the existing damage 2.0 thread in General Discussion.

Given, this seems like a much, much more in depth approach to weapon stats and mods than the existing thread (the other one is more like an introduction compared to this one).

That said, +1 for dedication to recording the stats and things

I wonder if this might be better merged/tacked onto the existing damage 2.0 thread in General Discussion.

Given, this seems like a much, much more in depth approach to weapon stats and mods than the existing thread (the other one is more like an introduction compared to this one).

That said, +1 for dedication to recording the stats and things

I added a link to that thread in the OP as they are obviously related.  That said, as that thread is more of a crash course in Damage 2.0 rather than a "which pistol has the highest DPS?" I feel the two are sufficiently unique to be kept separate.  That thread is ideas whereas this is cold, hard math.

I don't understand.

My brain can't comprehend...

The Dual Broncos have a better DPS overall than the Brakk...

how is that possible...

Has everything I have come to know a lie?

WHO AM I?

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE.

They do.  But only in their burst DPS.  Their sustained DPS (which is what happens when you account for reload times) is one of the lowest in the game and means that while they can dump more lead into a target in an instant, against a boss, they're worthless.

Man trying to read the words for the weapons bar graph is tough.  Also each weapon has 2 bars, based off the spreadsheet it says, 

Rank is the listing of the rank of a weapon in descending order (higher is better) where the accounted rank is the better of either its DPS rank or its ammo efficiency rank

How do we know which way to differentiate what is ranking the weapon higher.  Maybe some weapons are not ammo efficient but will shine if you learn how to use them better.  So which bar represents DPS and which is ammo efficiency?

Why there are puncture mods on 0 puncture damage weapons. Is this a simple mix up or am I ignorant to a mechanic?

Of course, nightmare mods! My mistake.

On another note, it's interesting seeing how well certain weapons scale with mods, Soma SDPS is 65 times better o.O that's like 800% per mod slot omg!

Edited by biggles1y3

Hi. The surfaced BDPS on robotics should be lower than the surfaced BDPS on shields for every given weapon. This is in response to the third graph on the graphs page.  Also for your base stats on the seer, on the first page (weapon stats), the BDPS on robotics should be the same as BDPS on infested at 143.27.  This second error might bee true across the board for all your base stat BDPS's on robotics which would account for the first error mentioned.  I'm also curious if this will change your other graphs.  Also how was your average damage per click, first graph, graphs page calculated? That one I'm just asking about.  Please let me know if you fix your data.

Hi. The surfaced BDPS on robotics should be lower than the surfaced BDPS on shields for every given weapon. This is in response to the third graph on the graphs page.  Also for your base stats on the seer, on the first page (weapon stats), the BDPS on robotics should be the same as BDPS on infested at 143.27.  This second error might bee true across the board for all your base stat BDPS's on robotics which would account for the first error mentioned.  I'm also curious if this will change your other graphs.  Also how was your average damage per click, first graph, graphs page calculated? That one I'm just asking about.  Please let me know if you fix your data.

Fixed.

Also, Average Damage Per Click is from column CL.  It is the total damage per damage entity (which is a bullet for most guns and per pellet for shotguns) times multishot times burst size times crit modifier

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Fixed.

Also, Average Damage Per Click is from column CL.  It is the total damage per damage entity (which is a bullet for most guns and per pellet for shotguns) times multishot times burst size times crit modifier

Nice fix. I see what you did now.  Did you have to manually change the input line for all 124 boxes or is there a better way?  Also, I don't think the changes got applied to your graphs.  Besides that, I think all your base critical damage multipliers might be wrong (column AF) except the Lanka. I didn't look at them all but it seems odd, to me, for so many of them to be at 50% when the Lanka's at 150% correctly.

Sobek mag size still wrong.

What?  But.. urgh..  I made a column 20...  just not the right one...  Ugh...

Nice fix. I see what you did now.  Did you have to manually change the input line for all 124 boxes or is there a better way?  Also, I don't think the changes got applied to your graphs.  Besides that, I think all your base critical damage multipliers might be wrong (column AF) except the Lanka. I didn't look at them all but it seems odd, to me, for so many of them to be at 50% when the Lanka's at 150% correctly.

The graphs would not change as the graphs are not of the base statistics, but rather the modded statistics and the modded statistics are calculated in a different way which to be perfectly honest is better and easier to diagnose errors in but takes more time to set up which is why the unmodded component doesn't do so in that way.

And no, there's a way to systematically apply a change to a column's formulas so you don't have to manually correct each of them.

Also, my critical rates are correct when considered through a certain lens: the entries in the table are how far above 100% the critical damage is.  I have them as such because it makes the math easier and more intuitive later on.  The fact that the Lanka was listed as 150% was actually the error which I have corrected to 50% in my table, so thank you for finding that.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

I think that your modded stats for robots might be wrong then.  I would check them myself but certain columns that you used to create your totals are hidden from me, such as ES-FE.

You can always download a copy and for the next hour or so, I'll have ES-FE unhidden.  Also, what makes you think that it's wrong?  I've got things set up to deal corrosive damage rather than magnetic damage, so of course they'll be doing more damage to robotic than shields.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

The only case of that is the Prova and it's from this.

from the notes of update 11.1.0:

Fixed:  The effect of puncture damage mods being inconsistent:
  • The dual stat mod now increases existing puncture damage, as intended
  • Reworded the text for damage increasing mods to possibly make it clearer

meaning both rending strike and accelerated blast work like their regular counterparts. the ui reflects that change in case of rending strike (only have the ichors) but not in case of accelerated blast.

Edited by SlyBoots