Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Anyone Else Afraid Of Melee 2.0?

Ribboz

The current systems biggest benefit is instantaneously jumping back and forth between melee and guns. But if melee 2.0 requires another slow equipment switching like between guns it will only hurt melee even more. I'm getting to the point that I'm more afraid of updates than excited.

Have you played Shadow Warrior 2013 yet? I'm betting they do it like that. There will be a quick melee button and a separate bunch of moves for an equipped melee weapon.

If they don't do it that way, the solution will be politely providing feedback until they do. No need to fear.

Have you played Shadow Warrior 2013 yet? I'm betting they do it like that. There will be a quick melee button and a separate bunch of moves for an equipped melee weapon.

If they don't do it that way, the solution will be politely providing feedback until they do. No need to fear.

This sounds good. :D

IF  it doesn't require fancy mega moves and combos that piss you off fast and get annoying to use soon enough.

Not something like - roll forward, press shift, LMB + RMB and right arrow to do X move.

Simplicity.

All the  finishers and stealth attacks fail right now - single target, annoying/hard to initiate and weak + slow.

The damage units do and how fast non infested dodge/move makes melee quite annoying. It works at low lvls or high level + stealth.

And more  variation to gore - not that if i stab wit ha dagger and grineer pops in half. Or a large sword and a hole appears on their side insted. Needs consistency and more variation.

Me too. Right now, I don't really care about melee. I only use it if an enemy get's extremely close. If in the future I will have to switch to my melee weapon like I do with my secondary then they better improve melee combos because it won't be worth it otherwise.

They will. The whole point of this is to make melee just as viable as guns, with directional combos and what have you.

My biggest fear is for Longswords. Right now, their animation allows you to move around however you want while swinging like a madman, and you can even sprint at full speed while hacking away at anything in your path. This is why I'd rather use Dakra Prime over any normal attack melee in the game, including the Ichors.

They'd better not take this away.

my only concern is if the new melee systems messes with the weapons damage in some say cause of the different stances combos

if you didnt see the live stream they showed an example of the new melee system however it was using the current melee attacks.

so what worries me is if they remove charge attacks in general and that in turn makes heavy weapons useless. outside of specific melee weapons with good crit stats most of the dual and single melee weapons are sub par due to lack of comparable damage.

lets face it dual ichors are better than every spam E sword in game 

This would be my suggestion,

Keep the E button (Keyboard default) for 'Emergency' attacks, but disable it whenever you swap into Melee Mode.

Warframe is built on the concept of fluid switching between melee and ranged. (much like Space Marine in a way)

I dont see them removing that concept altogether.

depending on how it is implemented I would possibly say it might be awkward to start with. but I see a FAR better system coming along. and frankly I cant wait for an extended melee system.

ValhaHazred had a good suggestion there. I dont see that clunking up the system too much. +1

The current systems biggest benefit is instantaneously jumping back and forth between melee and guns. But if melee 2.0 requires another slow equipment switching like between guns it will only hurt melee even more. I'm getting to the point that I'm more afraid of updates than excited.

I don't know about you, but I have to go through a "equip" animation, and a "put away animation" every time I begin and end using my melee respectively. Other than daggers, the transition between them is far from instantaneous. I love melee, and I find that it is a disadvantage. Specially in how it makes blocking unpractical.

I hope they do keep the one key left for a quick, light slash to finish off enemies, while letting us access a more robust combat with melee weapons. In which hopefully we would be able to deal with enemies more effectively than just spamming 'E' untill we as we inch closer from enemy to enemy. Along with being able to block and deflect attacks.

I'm less afraid of weapon switching issues than of how it's going to affect the DPS of melee weapons in general. I want it to either keep it the same or boost it. Lessening DPS is not an option, seeing as how melee is generally weaker than gunplay right now.