The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Re-Balance Oberon And Mag

AFuzzyBadger

you are seeing mag and oberon because they are 2 of the 3 newest frames.... oberon isn't over powered but the best way to level him is ult spam. In fact hes the exact opposite. mag isn't over powered except for pull a little bit. Actually surprised your seeing spam of her ult at all actually.

Even so don't say the words nerf on the threads. even if you really feel it should be. That's somebody else's build/favorite frame you're calling out to be mugged by the nerf bat mugger.

Mag isn't new. I don't remember when she got added, but she was around when I joined in Update 6 and I don't recall hearing about her inclusion to the game. I think she's been in for at least a year.

EDIT: I'm fairly sure this is the first time OP has played with either frame.

The tears will drown the forum when he runs into a Rhino or a Nova, that's for sure.

Edited by BraveDude8

wow im talking about mag prime guys and to the one person who figured it out and then still said she isn't new...... last three frames are oberon ember prime and mag prime..... almost exactly what I said.... if you misunderstood at least check to see if a person has already posted about the mistake.

mag's pull as has been stated was already nerfed, it's range reduced besides the new being blocked through doors and randomly by other objects (probably host dependent) and is only useful for cheap CC at higher levels as it's damage does not scale well at all, not that any frames abilities really scale well.

mag was my first frame, and forma'd 4 times already (screw mag prime, mag is prettier ^_^) she has limitations, as does ever other frame. crush is by far one of the slowest cast skill i've seen that leaves you vulnerable so you can't be ranting about that, especially compared to say...rhino stomp which is near instant in comparison and has much better CC utility than crush.

so yeah, play the game awhile, different frames, forma a few, etc, fracking learn something before screaming nerf eh?

Technically Oberon has no armor... So you have to stick a max Vitality, and max Vigor for health over 1000... just to stay alive, because most enemies can reduce that thousand to 300 in a matter of less than a second. His smash ability is EXTREMELY WEAK during end game. If anything that ability should be buffed for T3 endgame after 12 waves in defense, or after 15 minutes of survival. Than he is simply rendered to healing the entire time. That is if his heals reach. He is a good warframe if your an Extreme Pro  like more extreme than a trinity player, and Loki player combined, but in the end Oberon needs buffing. Even Nekros soul punch puts Oberon's Reckoning to shame, and his desecrate far more useful for getting health orbs.

I say Buff Oberon, and Mag... not nerf them. They need buffing. They need to be stronger. Oberon needs either

A. More armor

B. More strength in Reckoning

C. Gurantee, or higher chance of health orbs

Mag Needs

A. More speed

B. faster ability 4 (she is more wide open than Oberon for crying out loud, and even makes playing Nova safer)

Edited by Arlayn

I wanna see your 4 doing something to mobs level 40+

Just because you're 1 shotting mobs under level 30 doesn't mean the skill itself is op and it needs nerf. It just means you gotta step up your game.

Anyone still complaining about 4 being op because it 1 shot mobs clearly just started playing this game and hasn't tried Defense or Survival.

Agreed. Most frames damaging 4's will one shot low level mobs. Frost and Rhino can definitely do it just as well as Oberon (I am sure there are others I just happen to have used those 2 in the last couple of days).

Yes Mag's Pull does need a nerf I think anyway... But Oberon isn't that bad.... Once you get to higher lvl dudes it takes a lot more to take em down so Oberon cant spam as much because his power costs more energy.....

hah ? mag pull needs nerf now ? you had to see that S#&$ 2 mounths ago now its viable for low lvl enemy. What will you do wih lvl 30 + spamm pull and do 300 dmg ? I better use weapon and do 20000 dmg , pull on hight lvl for me is like a Stun. They did nerf mag so much and ppl still bich abaut it.

I say bullsheit sir.

Both frames are balanced as they are, if you were to nerf them, people will start complaining how their fun is gone. 

4. powers are " LOOK SON I WRECK S#&$" kind of powers. They need to be powerful

Nah, no way.

Affinity booster + Reckoning + T1 Survival is proving to be the best way to level anything, so long as an Oberon doing that is in the party.

Nerf Reckoning? His low level destroyer is the only thing that makes him fun.

Since when was Mag new?

hahahah OMG is there a new version on mag that like  OP as F*** and i did not know abaut it ' ? ¿ OMG tell me where do i farm it :O

From the responses in this thread, the solution seems rather simple.

Low level players are tired of ultimate spam one shot clearing all the rooms.

High level player are tired of ultimate ability not one shotting whatever high level content they need to use it on.

Increase the base damage of the abilities so that it can one shot high level mobs, but add a 30 second cooldown timer so that the ability can't be chain spammed repeatedly through all the maps as it's currently done. Low level players get to actually play without ultimate spam killing everything in low level content, High level players can have a useful ultimate for their 30 min mark T3 survival waves.

Unless I'm reading it wrong and the justification being given for ruining the experience of low level content with ultimate spam is that they can't do it in high level content?

Edited by Ryme

Complain about Mag and Oberon but not Nova?

I'm shocked and appalled.

Mag, Oberon, Nova, Ember. All guilty of 4 spamming entire missions. 

Frost and Rhino would probably also be, were it not for half of them not having the speed to reach a fight before the aforementioned having gotten there first and pressed 4.

High level player are tired of ultimate ability not one shotting whatever high level content they need to use it on.

Where have people been saying that? All that we are pointing out is that if you take a high level frame modded for power use against low level mobs then yes. its ult will clear room after room, doesn't make Oberon's ult any more OP than any other frame's.

Edited by Silvershadow66

As a high level player myself, I say no. I need its utility more than one shotting the mobs(Rhino Stomp knockup stasis/Nova mprime slow+dmg%/Mag Crush/Oberon Reckoning ragdoll). If we can one shot the mobs with our ults alone, why do we even carry weapons around in the first place?

P.S Just to be clear, for high level mobs.

Edited by NeroGrave

wow... those who wanted to nerf Mag and Oberon's first ability are as bad as some new players trying to be high and smart about on a particular MMORPG when they can't utilized the littlest skill given to them.

Also please, don't even talk about damage if you're testing it on Mercury, Venus and/or Earth. Try around Phobos, Pluto and Ceres--particularly long-end survival and defense, your so called OP abilities and your spam-4-to-win.

Mag, Oberon, Nova, Ember. All guilty of 4 spamming entire missions. 

Frost and Rhino would probably also be, were it not for half of them not having the speed to reach a fight before the aforementioned having gotten there first and pressed 4.

Since when did Crush get to the Nova lvl of usefullness?

hah ? mag pull needs nerf now ? you had to see that S#&$ 2 mounths ago now its viable for low lvl enemy. What will you do wih lvl 30 + spamm pull and do 300 dmg ? I better use weapon and do 20000 dmg , pull on hight lvl for me is like a Stun. They did nerf mag so much and ppl still bich abaut it.

that S#&$ 2 months ago was way better. I used to pull whole room onto me, i jumped out of the pil eof mobs and used a few weapons with shred to clear out a whole T3 Void Def room.

The current Pull is a nerfed CC skill already. It aint a reliable pull just random ragdoll with some dmg...

Edit: Also Quit asking to nerf Mag, instead fix its 1 to actually pull again!!! THIS IS A BUFF NEEDED. the Damage buff people cried for only nerfed the skills usefullness so that all the unskilled little kids could use it.

saying those toxic ancients kill Mag... no S#&$. sprint jump away as soon as you did Pull.... or sacrefice so your team mates get it a bit easier for a moment.

Edited by jmthebigman

AH AH AH Really ? Crush is one of the most Worthless ultimate in Endgame. No damage, no knockdown, enemies that enter after you cast it have all the time to shoot you due to the long casting animation... At high level, Mag only shines with Shield polarize against Corpus and Corrupted.

I can't speak for Oberon, but from what I saw in the feedback forums, seems like they're not playing the same game...

I don't want to see the next thread after OP plays along some Nova and Rhino, ah ah ah...

Edited by Hyunsai

Oberon, Ember Prime and Valkyr. I think I'll give this thread to Tulzscha for being an uninformed complaint. Maybe.

Still its not like prime frames are any different lol.

which would basicly get to the latest 3: (oldest new to newest new at current date)

Nekros - Valkyr - Oberon

Remember when Crush was affected by armor, or Pull only grabbed one target and most people used it to grief other players? We should go back to that because it was soooooo much better.

Pull and Crush stop killing anything after the mid teens. They hardly need nerfing. I haven't played Oberon yet (prob level him next week), so i won't comment on it's powers.

/end sarcasm