Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Tomorrow 11.6, First Update Of The Year? [Or Do We Wait 1 More Week?]

Phoenix86

Hotfixes are different from Updates, if they weren't they'd just call them both Updates.

They are updates. They are both updating the game. its just that hotfixes are usually bug fixes without new content. They probably just use the word hotfix so people like you don't get disappointed when there is no new content release.

I demand U12 with new ui, melee 2.0 and oberon goat-mode helmet.

They had 2 weeks to slack off....psh holidays...all they did was drink canadian beer and eat maple syrup turkey bacon

Geez, a bit racist much?

Either way, they deserved those 2 weeks off. A: They work their butts off around the clock for 5 days a week to give us consistent hotfixes and -weekly- updates. There's no other dev team I can think of off the top of my head that's that devoted. B: said Dev team for Warframe isn't as gigantic as say, Valve or EA or Bioware and so on. Please, tone down the entitlement.

I demand U12 with new ui, melee 2.0 and oberon goat-mode helmet.

They had 2 weeks to slack off....psh holidays...all they did was drink canadian beer and eat maple syrup turkey bacon

I don't think I've seen them drink any molson brews yet. Always looks an awful lot like Corona, but then I can never tell the difference between domestic lagers.

I want to see melee 2.0 :D they better add devil may cry combos XD

I’d love it, thing is it won’t work

Warframe despite being in third person is built like an FPS in the way that movement and aiming work. This is inherently incompatible with a game like DMC. There is a reason that there aren’t many if any melee focused FPS style control schemes, no one has made it work. You would at best have to rework everything about the control system and then apply it only when a selectable melee weapon was equipped. Even then it would only work for those of us using a controller. Don’t believe me? Go try to play any DMC with a keyboard mouse combo. You could also save yourself the trouble though and just drill a hole in your head they are similar experiences, actually the hole-drilling might be more pleasant.

That is to say nothing of how the enemy AI would have to be scrapped completely and rebuilt from scratch. If you’ll notice very few of those kinds of games have many ranged focused enemies. Those few that do have them use their ranged weapons sparingly and often within the confines of much smaller arenas than Warframe gives us. The only one that has them and has them use their guns in abundance in Ninja Gaiden and it is almost universally panned for how cheap they are. Even in that game though they still make up the vast minority of enemies.

The only game that has even come close to incorporating the two styles was the recent deadpool game and that didn’t work very well either. You either have to minimize the shooting or minimize the melee the choice DE made is obvious. While I find their ambition to improve on it laudable I’m not holding my breath for anything spectacular. The two styles are just inherently too different to play nice together.

TLDR: Everything about warframe prevents DMC style combos from happening.

I’d love it, thing is it won’t work

Warframe despite being in third person is built like an FPS in the way that movement and aiming work. This is inherently incompatible with a game like DMC. There is a reason that there aren’t many if any melee focused FPS style control schemes, no one has made it work. You would at best have to rework everything about the control system and then apply it only when a selectable melee weapon was equipped. Even then it would only work for those of us using a controller. Don’t believe me? Go try to play any DMC with a keyboard mouse combo. You could also save yourself the trouble though and just drill a hole in your head they are similar experiences, actually the hole-drilling might be more pleasant.

That is to say nothing of how the enemy AI would have to be scrapped completely and rebuilt from scratch. If you’ll notice very few of those kinds of games have many ranged focused enemies. Those few that do have them use their ranged weapons sparingly and often within the confines of much smaller arenas than Warframe gives us. The only one that has them and has them use their guns in abundance in Ninja Gaiden and it is almost universally panned for how cheap they are. Even in that game though they still make up the vast minority of enemies.

The only game that has even come close to incorporating the two styles was the recent deadpool game and that didn’t work very well either. You either have to minimize the shooting or minimize the melee the choice DE made is obvious. While I find their ambition to improve on it laudable I’m not holding my breath for anything spectacular. The two styles are just inherently too different to play nice together.

TLDR: Everything about warframe prevents DMC style combos from happening.

I disagree with this on many fronts.

At first glance I can see why one would think this, but on deeper consideration I believe something else is revealed.

Devil may cry's combat system is based on a specific set of moves, enemy reactions and the interplay between them.

The foundational moves are- stinger (an advancing attack), high time (an uppercut), and base combos (involving the proper timing of taping and pausing.

The foundational reaction enemy reactions are-stun/stagger(enemy pausing while being hit), knockdown(enemies falling to the ground), juggle(enemies floating in mid air).

The foundational interplay is largely the recoil action of the melee weapon.

There is nothing about a Warframes set up that would prevent those moves,enemy reactions and interplay from being put in place.

In fact there have been games (even some DE was involved in) that have shown this to be true. Like how darkness 2 implemented an uppercut that juggled enemies.

It is a matter of good design and implementation.

I believe it is possible. It just isn't easy.

*om nom nom*

Sorry, I can't hear your demands over the sound of me eating this delicious maple syrup turkey bacon. 

is this a hint at Bacon Prime????  with all its stickity sweet goodness?

if so, I would like a triple helping please.  oh with some pumpkin spice Timbits.