Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Will Be Sad For The Drakgoon When....

Brasten

DE puts Damage Falloff on it, because for some strange reason DE thinks that putting Damage Falloff on shotgun style weapons is the proper way to balance them.

Hug your Drakgoons cause they're going to be getting the Hek treatment and have their ability to be long range tight cluster shotguns totally gutted because "Falloff is Balance."

Edited by Brasten

That would be the last straw for me to quit with Warframe. 

If it would be really "OP" like most of them already screaming on the Wiki, Ingame, etc., if it would have no arc and traveltime of those shrapnels. You cant really snipe with this shotgun, unless you have godlike aiming skills and can do the math for the arc.

250 is just high on the paper. But you will even miss most of those "pellets" when charging it up. 

And i still didnt even mentioned the charge time. 
While you charging up your Drakgoon, aimed so you will hit your target at least with a few shrapnels, i could have hit that same target 5 times with an other shotgun.

If they really want to balance things out, they should buff other weapons, so you actually have a bigger variety of weapons to choose from.

The only nerf i would accept is a way higher mastery rank requirement. Than you would actually give 8-10 a real reason. 

Edited by Derethevil

I'm hoping that if they decide to do anything (and hopefully they won't), it will just be like the Soma, and they raise the Mastery Rank requirement. Since the majority of people seem to want it left as is (aside from the screw-up of the rifle ammo) I'm hoping that this will be the case.

Hopefully they'll say something in the livestream tomorrow one way or the other so I can decide whether or not I'm going to forma it.

It has to be charged to get effective damage at range, and it has projectiles, which makes it harder to hit with at long range already. Compare it to a sniper rifle instead of a shotgun; the ammo pools will be similar once they fix it to use shotty ammo, and the damage will be similar, with the drak being better at close range, and poor at truly long range.

Same, since you need to charge it for long range accuracy, there's no need for it to get falloff since it's your firerate which takes a hit with the charge time. And spam-firing it is useful only when the enemy is in your face, where a falloff wouldn't take action.