Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Builder

Stoi84

On 2020-03-18 at 3:37 PM, Kalbintion said:

Yep! Got this all done, there's also a bunch of other changes that the update did. I am working on getting it all finished off. You can get a preview of this updates progress on this image: https://imgur.com/dnqUelI - image is of a private github repo PR of mine for the site, otherwise I'd of linked to it directly.

Just an update on the progress of this. List got expanded upon some: https://imgur.com/WlggFAl and you may see that everything is checked off. There was a bug with the updated status methods that had to be resolved and as a consequence of me looking over it again I made some micro-optimizations but it's looking good. Just need Stoi to double check things for me and assuming everything passes, along with my last looks again I'm hoping to push that list of updates out. If something comes up (as there is a question I posed to Stoi about some database values being used... for the sake of readability + optimizations) then it'll be delayed by a lil bit. But hopefully very soon(tm)

Edit: The list has only gotten longer now, woo random things that I go, oh yeah I can do that quickly enough, sure. Thus making it more complicated to verify every single change. But awaiting on final review at this point to make sure I didn't do a dumb. Expect a long update post when it's been verified to be ready to go.

Edited by Kalbintion
  • Like 1

I recently started using warframe builder again and noticed an odd bug.  When I navigate to the homepage, it doesn't show that I'm logged in despite having checked the 'remember me' box on my previous login.  However, if I click on any of the other category links at the top of the page, it shows me being logged in.  I'm using Firefox and it is set to allow cookies.  I even tried clearing all of my cookies / cached files / etc but that did not fix the issue.

6 hours ago, (PS4)ru2cool said:

I recently started using warframe builder again and noticed an odd bug.  When I navigate to the homepage, it doesn't show that I'm logged in despite having checked the 'remember me' box on my previous login.  However, if I click on any of the other category links at the top of the page, it shows me being logged in.  I'm using Firefox and it is set to allow cookies.  I even tried clearing all of my cookies / cached files / etc but that did not fix the issue.

I have a theory of what's going on with this, I'll take a look into it and see what can be done.

Site Update - U27.2.x Changes

This is a fairly big update! Combining a bunch of things from the U27.2.x series and some other things that were on our to-do list.

Frames

• Updated all frame Armor Values (U27.2.0§ Broad Warframe Armor Change - not just Vauban!)
  • Added Hildryns' Haven Ability invul timer
  • Added new "Magnetic Pull" stat to Mag's Magnetize Ability

Mods

• Updated Corrosive Projection for new rank values
  • Updated Rifle Aptitude, Melee Prowess, Sure Shot and Shotgun Savvy status chance for new rank values
  • Updated Firestorm Mod to be compatible with all rifle primaries & updated description
  • Updated Fulmination Mod to be compatible with all secondaries & updated description
  • Update Cautious Shot Mod for new Self-Stagger mechanic
  • Update Chromatic Blade for new status % stats
  • Update Reactive Storm for new status % stats
  • Fixed Ember's Purifying Flames throwing a script error
  • Fixed Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation missing r10 stats

Weapons

• AoE weapons now show Radial Damage Range + Falloff range on their explosive attack (H27.2.2)
    • Note: May need to change attack type from the dropdown near the Edit Riven Info link to actually see these types of stats
    • Firestorm/Fulmination affect these stats
  • Updated Exalted Blade & Desert Wind Status to 15% (H27.2.2)
  • Updated weapon displays to show "critical / bullet" and "status / bullet" (or pellet) for innate multishot weapons
  • Updated Cernos Prime to 30% status / projectile from 10% (H27.2.1)
  • Fixed Cernos Prime showing "UNDEFINED"
  • Fix Mutalist Quanta showing 'UNDEFINED' value
  • Added Charged Throw stats for Falcor
  • Added falloff range to Archwing weapons
  • Kuva Drakgoon Crit / Status changes (status undocumented in U27.2.0)

Other

• Allowed status chance to go above 100%
  • Micro-optimizations made to status chance calculations
  • Added new mod search tag system
    • Is there something you would like to see mods come up for? Feel free to suggest it
  • Added extra tags to elemental damage mods for searching purposes (such as Corrosive bringing up electric/toxin mods)
    • Note: For French and Russian language tags, I simply used what was defined for the word in the language files we use, if there's a better way or more common approach to searching corrosive, blast, etc let me know so it can be updated to use the correct language
    • Heat
      • EN: Blast Gas Radiation
      • FR: Explosif Gaz Radiation
      • RU: взрыв газ радиация
    •   Cold
      • EN: Blast Viral Magnetic
      • FR: Explosif Viral Magnetique
      • RU: взрыв вирус магнит
    •   Electric
      • EN: Radiation Magnetic Corrosive
      • FR: Radiation Magnetique Corrosif
      • RU: радиация магнит коррозия
    •   Toxin
      • EN: Gas Viral Corrosive
      • FR: Gaz Viral Corrosif
      • RU: газ вирус коррозия
  • Added new mod description inline icon system (EN only at this time, elemental mods)
    • I am looking for feedback on this to see if I want to push it into the FR/RU language setups as well as covering all mods that have impact, etc that may have been missed
  • Standardized elemental naming scheme in mod descriptions to match in-game
    • This applies to English only. As I do not speak French or Russian and would be unable to verify mods in-game on their descriptions.
    • Updated Heat mods to only use the word 'Heat' over 'Fire damage' etc
    • Updated Cold mods to only use the word 'cold' over 'freezing' etc
    • Updated Electric mods to only use word 'electricity' over 'extra electric damage' etc
    • Updated Toxin mods to only use word 'toxin' over 'extra toxin' etc
  • Fixed invalid build URLs hanging load and/or breaking page due to script errors
Edited by Kalbintion
Layout update for easier section reading
  • Like 1

Ok so... something odd has happened with my saved builds. I was looking over them and saw that the builds saved for companions and weapons were completely empty for some reason with all mods having been cleared out without me doing so. Warframe and Archwing builds that have been saved still retain their mods, surprisingly, so I'm a little confused.

Edited by Albion-the-Asinine

2 hours ago, Albion-the-Asinine said:

Ok so... something odd has happened with my saved builds. I was looking over them and saw that the builds saved for companions and weapons were completely empty for some reason with all mods having been cleared out without me doing so. Warframe and Archwing builds that have been saved still retain their mods, surprisingly, so I'm a little confused.

Thanks for the report! The issue is actually courtesy of the change I did at the end of the update list, this line in particular:

9 hours ago, Kalbintion said:

Fixed invalid build URLs hanging load and/or breaking page due to script errors

The check was a bit overzealous in requirements apparently that caused the weapons and companions to fail the check and thus not proceed with loading the information.

This issue is now resolved though and is currently live for the fix. Sorry about the inconvenience!

• Like 1

This may have already been reported, but I've discovered 2 bugs regarding sniper rifles.  Setting the zoom level no longer shows the modified stats (i.e. +crit chance / damage, +headshot damage, etc.) and some of the combo counter values are missing.  Per the wiki, sniper rifles still raise the combo counter by increments of 0.5 instead of 1.  I recently tested that and found it to be the case.

Il y a 4 heures, (PS4)ru2cool a dit :

Setting the zoom level no longer shows the modified stats (i.e. +crit chance / damage, +headshot damage, etc.).

There should be a fix online soon for this. Looks like a missing var declaration.

• Like 1

On 2020-03-27 at 10:31 AM, (PS4)ru2cool said:

This may have already been reported, but I've discovered 2 bugs regarding sniper rifles.  Setting the zoom level no longer shows the modified stats (i.e. +crit chance / damage, +headshot damage, etc.) and some of the combo counter values are missing.  Per the wiki, sniper rifles still raise the combo counter by increments of 0.5 instead of 1.  I recently tested that and found it to be the case.

Fix is now live for the sniper zoom issue, please do let us know if there are any other additional issues with it.

As for the combo counter issue, ye.. it'll need to be added to our to-do list. When this was being changed due to melee 3.0 changes I forgot to mention to Stoi about snipers still following this pattern.

Just now, Aurani said:

Archwing mode arch-guns seem to list damage values that are higher than normal. For example the Imperator(Vandal) should have a total of 22 dmg but the builder says 40.

Will look into it. It's possible when they did some archwing changes a good while back that the stats were changed but undocumented.

23 hours ago, Aurani said:

Archwing mode arch-guns seem to list damage values that are higher than normal. For example the Imperator(Vandal) should have a total of 22 dmg but the builder says 40.

Stats have been updated for all Archwing weapons and is now live. If there are any other issues with the stats please do let us know.

There was a change since Update 27.3.0 Operation Scarlet Spear which affected the ingame stats shown and used when +% damage mods are equipped for melee, I didn't test for primaries/secondaries so I honestly don't know about those.

My apologies for the info dump and linking to a bug report I made, but a lot can be learned here and implemented that isn't listed anywhere else.

Hope it helps!

18 hours ago, Kalbintion said:
On 2020-03-28 at 8:45 PM, Aurani said:

Stats have been updated for all Archwing weapons and is now live. If there are any other issues with the stats please do let us know.

I just noticed that the Imperator (Vandal) still show 40 base damage instead of 22.  Also, the Cyngas has a base damage of 600 (200 per bullet) instead of 141 (48 per bullet).  However, the damage values for atmosphere mode appear to be correct.

7 hours ago, (PS4)ru2cool said:

I just noticed that the Imperator (Vandal) still show 40 base damage instead of 22.  Also, the Cyngas has a base damage of 600 (200 per bullet) instead of 141 (48 per bullet).  However, the damage values for atmosphere mode appear to be correct.

Re-ran the updates for all Archguns I did to ensure they stuck, for some reason they hadn't. Just re-checked and theyre the proper values. If its a problem again do let us know as something is resetting it to some cached value.

12 hours ago, BrendanatorX said:

There was a change since Update 27.3.0 Operation Scarlet Spear which affected the ingame stats shown and used when +% damage mods are equipped for melee, I didn't test for primaries/secondaries so I honestly don't know about those.

My apologies for the info dump and linking to a bug report I made, but a lot can be learned here and implemented that isn't listed anywhere else.

snip

Hope it helps!

Reading your thread on the matter I'm not entirely certain what it is you're reporting or expecting the site to do differently. If the game is displaying stats incorrectly, then it would need to be corrected on DE's side. We follow what is given to us via in-game both for the builder and the wiki does the same - where we actually grab the stats from in most cases courtesy of a tool Stoi made to do that quickly rather than hand type the information from in-game or the wiki itself. Some stats are actually being updated through their patch notes (see gunblade changes in U27.3.0) but in-game it doesnt show those values and thus we cannot change the builder to replicate those stats. There were a few weapons in U27.2.0 that were changed too but I had to skip over them because in-game I couldn't verify what was changed and nor can the wiki. The builder is attempting to replicate what in-game shows as best as possible. Could you be a bit more clear on what it is you are expecting from the site on it?

Wiki info isn't always up to date right away plus wiki info shows things that ingame doesn't tell you.
I don't know anything about this tool you use so I can't speak to how it works.. I know some of the information detailed in my report isn't relevant, like for finishers, because as previously stated, they aren't implemented into Warframe Builder yet, but was just wanting to point you in the direction of information which can be used both currently and in future, to improve the accuracy of what's shown.

As far as what can be used at present, I can see that your listed stats with mods like pressure point go by multipliers of the base values, which is the correct way of doing things rather than just what it says is the new value for a given stat in the arsenal ingame, however there are some exceptions like the Atterax which actually deals 6.45 Impact and puncture despite showing 6.5 ingame, I have just noticed upon checking the wiki that it had already been figured out and put up on the wiki for quite some time. This in any case is an occasion where Warframe Builder doesn't have the right weapon stats so the values it shows will be slightly off. Furthermore, the damage values listed in the details tab which says how much damage vs each health type the weapon will do are also inaccurate because they are not quantized. it's a relatively easy formula to learn and use, also hopefully easy to add into Warframe Builder, and it would go a long way to helping people properly see what their damage will be if they are using Warframe Builder for that. The more accurate the better and that's just how the damage system calculates your damage dealt on hit ingame.

To break up your post a bit and to make it a bit easier to see what exactly I'm responding to, I've gone about with a selection quote.

42 minutes ago, BrendanatorX said:

Wiki info isn't always up to date right away plus wiki info shows things that ingame doesn't tell you.

This is very true, and is also why the site doesn't update for the new stuff immediately. Any updates done is what the wiki has at the time normally, or failing that for say a new mod or weapon, I look in-game for the information if I'm trying to push out the update faster.

I don't know anything about this tool you use so I can't speak to how it works

Tool literally is designed to grab the information found in the weapons sidebar on the wiki (which in turn grabs its info from a database page on the wiki) and formulates the database code we need to run to implement the stat updates or insertion in the event of a new weapon like the Basmu/Ceti Lacera. This tool also generates the image for said weapon for us. It saves us a good hour of time per weapon.

was just wanting to point you in the direction of information which can be used both currently and in future, to improve the accuracy of what's shown.

Information like what you researched is interesting, that said however, until its been verified I don't expect us to act on any information obtained this way without having confirmation through video evidence, charts, etc, something that can be referenced to, replicated and verified in a decent manner. Similar to how any science experiment would be conducted, verification through replication to make it much more likely to be true rather than one time experiment stating it as fact. See my response at bottom of post.

As far as what can be used at present, I can see that your listed stats with mods like pressure point go by multipliers of the base values, which is the correct way of doing things rather than just what it says is the new value for a given stat in the arsenal ingame

That is indeed how it's done on the back-end, it would actually be more effort, both in our time and on the users browser, to have tables to look-up the information, hindering the user experience which isn't the goal.

like the Atterax which actually deals 6.45 Impact and puncture despite showing 6.5 ingame, I have just noticed upon checking the wiki that it had already been figured out and put up on the wiki for quite some time. This in any case is an occasion where Warframe Builder doesn't have the right weapon stats so the values it shows will be slightly off.

Considering the number of weapons available in Warframe as a whole, it is near impossible to keep track of differences like this without someone reporting them to us so they can be updated to the new values. I trust the wikis information especially over time as its usually been seen by multiple people and corrected by someone, somewhere as needed. I've done some additions and corrections myself to the wiki so I'm aware of how frequently its touched upon. Still receive emails about edits to pages that I watch on there that I would've thought wouldn't need updating anymore. Regardless of that, we don't have the time or the will to update every single stat ourselves without reports. It would take way too much time. Even with a tool that is designed to do this it would be undue stress on the builder server and the fandom servers that is outside the realm of being reasonable. Edit: As a side note, Atterax has been updated.

Furthermore, the damage values listed in the details tab which says how much damage vs each health type the weapon will do are also inaccurate because they are not quantized

This quantized, as you called it, damage value interests me but I also wonder if its not the case. Having this pre-defined 1/16ths calculation is bizarre. Bizarre enough for me to question its validity. There are numerous other reasons that may be the case over some arbitrary value like this. Such as the architectures floating point storage system not maintaining enough accuracy, to mathematical rounding, floor and ceiling functions being used in sub-calculations that cause rounding errors or off-by-1 errors to occur by the end of it. The game is old, constantly changing, new systems being implemented, modified, removed, readded, changed again, etc. it wouldn't surprise me at all to find that this is actually the case, and even makes sense for some old bugs they had where enough negative damage caused the data to underflow. Your thread didn't mention about this at all, at least not that I noticed. But here really isn't the place to discuss the other thread.

Edited by Kalbintion

On 2020-03-25 at 12:11 PM, (PS4)ru2cool said:

A possible fix for this is being tested. It's in our current batch of updates to the site.

About negative damage? That isn't something I've encountered, and was outside the scope of my investigation, I didn't start by looking for bugs so much as figuring out how things worked and comparing intention to actual effect.

What you said about researched information not being validated or proven, I did show some math in my bug report that I linked and I can further write equations at will and point others to referenced information ingame and out as proof that can easily be compared and replicated ingame, but you may have to do or watch a video of it yourself to decide that it is proven, everyone has to decide that for themselves until a DE dev literally writes a message stating it as fact.

The easiest example I can give you is an unmodded Krohkur in warframe builder which currently has no quantization directly takes the 26 impact damage listed and goes +50% vs shield = 39 damage vs corpus shield. and so on showing a listed 224.135 in the details page. Ingame damage floaties are rounded, you never see decimals, so going by Warframe Builder, it should deal 224 vs shield, but you see 222 ingame, which matches a quantized answer of 222.425. if you try to calculate crits and multipliers, the quantized answers currently are the ones you see ingame popping up. I can't say why it works the way it works, but I imagine it's unlikely for it to have been intended to calculate some other way and somehow accidentally also be 1/16th quantization answers by pure coincedence, it's too accurate.

Edited by BrendanatorX
Deleted irrelevant end p.s

11 hours ago, Kalbintion said:

Re-ran the updates for all Archguns I did to ensure they stuck, for some reason they hadn't. Just re-checked and theyre the proper values. If its a problem again do let us know as something is resetting it to some cached value.

I checked the values for an unmodified Cyngas and they are correct.  However, after I saved a build for it, the puncture damage is higher than it should be.  I removed the damage buffing mods from the build and unchecked the crit / multishot modifiers.  Below are the numbers I saw:

76.320 impact
47.520 puncture
48.960 slash

Impact should be the same as puncture.  Also, I noticed that the value beside the "STATUS / SHOT" label is NaN%.

10 hours ago, (PS4)ru2cool said:

I checked the values for an unmodified Cyngas and they are correct.  However, after I saved a build for it, the puncture damage is higher than it should be.  I removed the damage buffing mods from the build and unchecked the crit / multishot modifiers.  Below are the numbers I saw:

76.320 impact
47.520 puncture
48.960 slash

Impact should be the same as puncture.  Also, I noticed that the value beside the "STATUS / SHOT" label is NaN%.

Added this stat issue to our issue tracker for the site. Initial looks at it show some promise on what maybe happening but I am not entirely sure. Having the double damage mods equipped (Sabot Round and Rubedo Lined Barrel) appears to break the build upon loading with those two mods equipped. Taking either one off shows proper stats again on export + load, or saved + load. Archguns use same code as normal primaries for calculation but they're unaffected afaik so this is an odd one to me. Stoi may have a better idea to this.

As for the STATUS / SHOT NaN label, it is because of the aiming requirement of Marked Target. I'll be looking into a fix for that as it should still be doing the same math as before but something obviously went wrong.

Edit: Also, forgot to state: Thanks for the link to the build. It's definitely been helpful.

Edit Edit: Underlying issue has been found, turns out all weapons now have kuva values as if theyre kuva weapons. Ran into some oddities with it though, fix in the works. 

Edited by Kalbintion

Site Update - U27.3.x Changes

This update covers 27.3.0 to 27.3.5 and some other bugs on the site. This does not cover 27.3.6 and 27.3.7 released today.

Frames

• Added Aura Forma Polarity
    • This polarity will only show if you attempt to forma the aura slot, it will not be there for the other slots

Weapons

• Added Basmu
  • Added Ceti Lacera
  • Added Stance Forma Polarity
    • This polarity will only show if you attempt to forma the stance slot, it will not be there for the other slots
  • Update Shot status % for Gunblade weapons
    • Redeemer, Redeemer Prime, Sarpa
  • Updated Redeemer and Redeemer Prime falloff ranges (used wiki values)
  • Snipers now have 0.5 combo multiplier steps
    • Max multiplier is 5x, reason for this is only 4x is achieved at ~1300 shots, and at ~3100 shots its still only 4x
  • Updated all Archwing Space stats (This had gone live yesterday)
  • Updated Atterax stats

Mods

• Added Preparation
  • Added Aerial Ace
  • Added Mending Shot
  • Added Energizing Shot
  • Added Anchored Glide
  • Added Controlled Slide
  • Added Ironclad Flight
  • Updated Hammer Shot for new status %
  • Updated Shattering Justice for new status %
  • Updated Shattering Justice for proper +Justice values
  • Updated Stunning Speed for new status %

Other

• Fixed Kuva values being saved for all weaponry, thus fixing incorrect impact damage on weapons when a saved build was loaded
    • Root underlying issue reported by (PS4)ru2cool in this post about Cyngas stats
  • Fixed site caching issues not showing the correct language selection on the homepage

Known Issues

• Status / Shot appears NaN in certain situations (reported here)
    • Fix to be implemented in next site update that'll be covering H27.3.6 and H27.3.7

As always, if there are any issues with any of the updates seen here or with the site in general, please do report them! We can't fix it without knowing about it. And much appreciation to those who do report issues, whatever they may be!

Edited by Kalbintion
Known Issues portion

19 hours ago, (PS4)ru2cool said:

I created a Sancti Magistar build and noticed that the wind-up time for heavy attacks is showing 1.2.  When I tried the build in game, the wind-up time was 0.5.

10 hours ago, Stoi84 said:

So basically the mods on WB aren't affecting the value while they should, right?

Yep this is what he means, and I'm seeing the stat assigned for our code isnt actually pulling in those values at all from the mods.

Edit: Its actually pulling it properly for our code, but is being canceled out between each other, still not affecting stat though, but got a fix in the works.

Edited by Kalbintion