Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Music De , The Music.....

Deidaku

Yup, there will indeed be more music heading your way soon.  In fact, we are busy writing some new stuff right now.  We also have some cool engine tech that will allow us to play music in a way that will be far less repetitive than what is currently in the game.

All of this takes time to get right though, so thanks for your patience!

DE_George.

Holy balls thanks for listening :D

hehe cool engine tech.

Yup, there will indeed be more music heading your way soon.  In fact, we are busy writing some new stuff right now.  We also have some cool engine tech that will allow us to play music in a way that will be far less repetitive than what is currently in the game.

DE_George.

I hope your "engine tech" is not some ugly and disgusting filters like the ones you used to ruin Lotus 2.0...

DE_George.

Will it sound like this? I think this style of music would fit the boss fights and action-oriented scenarios of warframe perfectly.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Two steps from Hell in Warframe.

I don't know about others, but this I can definitely play Warframe to:

I made some tracks for Warframe a couple days ago and uploaded them to Soundcloud

here's the link to them: https://soundcloud.com/ridie1389

I use them when I play instead of the music in the game

Also not bad at all. o.o

Edited by CenturyNitro

DE_George.

Just please give a glimpse in an upcoming livestream when able! :D

Thanks for the hard work guys :)

This was great boss battle music for a giant snake king on an island in the game Vindictus.

I think music really sets the tone of the scale of the battle.

Alternatively, 

Music such as that one contrasts the feeling of a "final, ultimate" boss, but it sets the tone of what the context of the battle is.

Putting an old king out of their misery. 

The contrasting tone/melody of music, combined with the importance of this fight makes it one of the most brilliant and memorable boss fights of all time. 

DE_George.

Awsome

DE_George.

Make sure that get's put into the list of changes for whatever update it comes out in. That way I know when to turn my sound back up.

We also have some cool engine tech that will allow us to play music in a way that will be far less repetitive than what is currently in the game.

Ok... That is news... What exactly are you talking about when you say "Play music in a way that will be far less repetitive."?

I don't know if i swallow the idea of the music making the combat sound less repetitive, but they do manage to make it SOUND less repetitive in Dynasty Warrior, even though that game is mostly a one-note game when it's played (As long as let's play are concerned, never played those myself.)

Edited by ReiganCross

Ok... That is news... What exactly are you talking about when you say "Play music in a way that will be far less repetitive."?

I don't know if i swallow the idea of the music making the combat sound less repetitive, but they do manage to make it SOUND less repetitive in Dynasty Warrior, even though that game is mostly a one-note game when it's played (As long as let's play are concerned, never played those myself.)

Maybe a super creepy Stalker music that will make newcomers sh*t themselves? X)

I usually turn the ingame-music off and have a playlist of remixes from all the doom/doom2-soundtracks :)

This really pumps me up while playing, especially if E1M1 (the soundtrack from the first mission in doom1) is playing, I go on a rampage :D

The original Unreal Tournament music suits this game perfectly. just open unreal editor then convert the files in the music folder to s3m or ogg then stick them in your mp3 player.

Really Unreal Tournaments sound track rocks for this game.

Play "Hyperblast" (Deck16/17's theme music) when in Grineer tilesets; it'll feel right at home :)

Edited by Wiegraf

I think using music from Metroid games as inspiration might be a good thing. They combine futuristic tones with great environmental melodies.

Like this one:

It's for a water-based area, and is actually a remix of a song from Super Metriod, that was ALSO for a water-based area. XD

Or this one:

It's for an arctic, snow-swept landscape.

Edited by Braken