Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Those Desparately Seeking Detron

notionphil

I don't have or want the Detron. It's essentially a far weaker version of numerous guns that I've already put a few formas in (brakk, bronco prime, dual broncos). It's also objectionably locked behind 3 levels of RNG so I wouldn't even bother attempting to obtain it.

Despite all of that, it seems like a full 10% of new posts in nearly every section are about not being able to obtain the Detron!

I understand that it's an visually attractive weapon, and appealing from the lore perspective if you favor the Corpus (why Tenno are supporting & favoring enemies is beyond me anyway). But I don't really see the appeal.

So....to all Detron-challenged Tenno, why do you personally want the Detron so badly?

Is it because of its rarity?

Because of the stats?

Because of the Gradivus Dillema?

Because of the looks?

Or another reason?

i agree, farming detron is pointless and is overstressing the DE which is using wasting a lot of their forces in something really stupid instead of thinking about other things, they came ot of a conclusion and they wrote it some minutes ago, they wont change the RNG system around detron, so stop complaining

To all the detron farmers out there : DEAL WITH IT!

Edited by Regar

Personally I like the Corpus design in weapons. Very sleek. That's about it though. As soon as I learned it was just a shotgun pistol like the Brakk, of which I didn't care for at all, all my Gravidus excitement went out the window. Still looks nice, though.

Edited by Haldos

I don't have or want the Detron. It's essentially a far weaker version of numerous guns that I've already put a few formas in (brakk, bronco prime, dual broncos). It's also objectionably locked behind 3 levels of RNG so I wouldn't even bother attempting to obtain it.

Despite all of that, it seems like a full 10% of new posts in nearly every section are about not being able to obtain the Detron!

I understand that it's an visually attractive weapon, and appealing from the lore perspective if you favor the Corpus (why Tenno are supporting & favoring enemies is beyond me anyway). But I don't really see the appeal.

So....to all Detron-challenged Tenno, why do you personally want the Detron so badly?

Is it because of its rarity?

Because of the stats?

Because of the Gradivus Dillema?

Because of the looks?

Or another reason?

Corpus weapons are sexy.  It's also unique in that it innately deals Radiation.  It's far more interesting than, say, the Brakk, which is just a blandly powerful weapon.

I don't acquire weapons in Warframe because they're more powerful.  In fact I avoid weapons that are simply more powerful, because that sucks the fun out of the game for me.  I like a challenge.

i'm always interested in trying new things. Detron is a new thing, even if only somewhat. 

very unfortunately, it's a shotgun pistol, which we have 4 of now. i was definitely hoping Detron would have been a Weapon that rewarded Accuracy - since the Grineer like spraying, and Corpus like more precision. 

oh well.

i also quite like the way Detron looks.

but at the same time, i'm not particularly nonplussed about it. i'll find Harvester and Detron eventually. there's plenty more for me to enjoy in the meantime, many more hours of gameplay i can get out of the core mechanics. 

i agree, farming detron is pointless and is overstressing the DE which is using wasting a lot of their forces in something really stupid instead of thinking about other things, they came ot of a conclusion and they wrote it some minutes ago, they wont change the RNG system around detron, so stop complaining

To all the detron farmers out there : DEAL WITH IT!

if this system is going to be implemented on other weapons or drops, then it is essential that DE get it to a point that players can enjoy it. no one wants to grind out anything for days with no profit, and if more items come out like this drop rate, then i should hope DE would want it to be right.

so "stressing" is the point. as much as it doesnt seem like it, its still beta, and DE wants and needs feedback. all these posts are showing that the current drop rate is way to low, so they intend to fix it.

complaining about people complaining when they were asked to complain is the true headache, so please think before you complain about complainers who are supposed to complain.

I view my weapons in groups and sets. Typically a set is a weapon for common targets, a weapon for tough targets, and a melee weapon for targets that come into melee range. Radiation damage has a FANTASTIC resist profile for uncommon targets and because Detron has radiation as a base damage, you can add other combos that include fire and electric for new possibilities in specialized damage.

Honestly, it's probably not necessary or optimal but that's my thought process and I like to think one day people will have to think along these lines and there won't be a few OP god tier weapons that just blow away the whole game even with the wrong mods on them.

it's not about Detron itself. it's about mechanics behind it.

You need to wait for invasion.

Fight for specific faction like it or not.

Wait for Harvester ( i am waiting for 72 hours already)

Detron consist of 3 parts: BP, Barrel, Receiver.

Drop is rng.

Part is also rng.

so you get the idea right?

Edited by Althix

it's not about Detron itself. it's about mechanics behind it.

You need to wait for invasion.

Fight for specific faction like it or not.

Wait for Harvester ( i am waiting for 72 hours already)

Detron consist of 3 parts: BP, Barrel, Receiver.

Drop is rng.

Part is also rng.

so you get the idea right?

so, you want it because it's hard to get?