Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Fix Continuous Weapons

Ribboz

• 2 months later...

I feel like bringing this thread to life in 2016.

3Hz tickrate on enemies, about 10Hz tickrate on objects.

Status per second is a terrible joke.

Why can't beams be simply 10-15Hz and status per-popup like crits are? What's so wrong with damage spray mentioned by Rebecca on 13th page? It's not like we have WTV or Twin Grakatas that produce like 40 popups a second without any mods. It's not like we have Mirage that coupled with modded Twin Grakatas can result in about 386.4 damage popups a second.

Forced 333ms delay on top of damage dealt is a terrible idea across the board.

When facing lower levels, they usually are considered dead men walking because the game is yet to apply the damage. There's also the question of ammo efficiency, as the enemy might have received enough damage to die yet still is soaking damage, then the player actually has to acknowledge their deaths and stop shooting.

When facing high levels, 333ms is enough time to die hoping for the game to pick some life-saving status effect.

Do us a favour and at least bump the tickrate to 10-15Hz for testing purposes, I doubt the game is going to collapse upon itself.

The current system is the perfect solution to the "players wouldn't notice popups being rendered 5% faster", though it was executed poorly, mainly due to damage application delays.

Heck, actually applying the damage every 4th frame or so would appear to be a decent idea, as long as the damage doesn't get all wonky (and it most likely will).

Edited by Mofixil

I'm still waiting for an overhaul of continuous weapons to rebalance them and make certain ones usable again (I will never forget the original Flux Rifle).

This thread needs to be fully revitalised. This issue is STILL present, almost a whole 2 years after continuous weapons first got messed up. It's astounding that nothing has been done about it. DE Rebecca's post on the 13th page says they were discussing it. What happened? Did the discussion get postponed for a year? We didn't even really get any feedback on it afterwards.

Currently continuous weapons only show damage numbers periodically, per second I believe. What does this mean? It means we can only see our damage take effect when the numbers show up. Some enemies may already be dead because we've 'damaged' them enough, but we don't see that and so we waste ammunition and feel like our weapon is bad.

The Quanta Vandal that does 220 base damage with a fire-rate of 1 and the Ignis that does 27 base damage with a fire-rate of 10 deal roughly the same amount of dps, slightly in favour of the Ignis. But the Ignis' massive fire-rate means it absolutely burns through ammo, while the Quanta Vandal does not. On 50 ammo, the Quanta Vandal will always out-do the Ignis, in virtually every way except punch-through and aoe (not factoring Quanta alt fire, which would make it better still.)

The Quanta Vandal should be the model for continuous weapons if you absolutely INSIST on keeping the current system. Increase base damages and reduce fire-rates. There is literally no reason not to other than you wanting a reason for us to use an ammo mutation. This would be the greatest quality of life change for continuous weapons you could offer that would also be extremely easy to implement and would not take much time from other things. If you're completely against reworking continuous weapons, this would be a sufficient compromise.

Until such a day comes, I will not allow this thread to fall below the first page. This has gone unnoticed for far too long.

Edited by BarneyD2

-What if continuous weapons have a continuous spray of numbers?

-What if there was no delay in damage?

-What if status/wasn't locked per second?

If we had a system where damage was showed instantly and continuously as it happened we would have a better understanding our in-game DPS. As it is right now, we get a tiny number then a BIG number. I would rather have a barrage of tiny numbers, than random jumping between larger and smaller summed damage.

There is a delay in damage. It is still there. Corpus techs pump out their shield ospreys before the summed damage really kicks in. Yes I have a 5 forma Ignis and that delay is enough for them to pump out one before they die.

Status is currently locked in per-second rather than per tick. This is very wrong. Fire rate mods currently decrease status chance since your locked in per second rather than per tick.

DE's new continuous weapon system was meant to simplify the damage numbers shown and even out the status chance for lower proc continuous weapons. Knowing this shows entirely how the new system was unnecessary.

-Barrage of numbers gives us a more realistic show in-game DPS

-AND shows us the enemy location behind our wall of fire(since Im using the Ignis as an example)

-Buff low proc chance weapons if you want more status chance. Dont change the fondation of every continuous weapon.

Please like this post if you agree continuous weapons should be reverted back to prior 11.6 changes.

Thank you for your time.

just hope that continu weapon won't eat 20 bullet /sec, that how you can make a weapon useless too

i have noticed this as well and it drives me crazy. I was a big ignis fan and quanta was growing on me as well. I love the look and feel of these weapons but they are so obnoxiously random that it's hard to rely on sometimes.

Nothing like blasting a heavy gunner down in 2 seconds with quanta then taking longer to kill the regular unit next to him because it decided to tick low dmg out of nowhere.

+1

Also I still think Status should revert to per individual round chance rather than clumped Status per/sec.

I would like individual Status chance per projectile...

Or if Damage is going to be clumped ... Status Damage should be clumped.

Annoying to see a large Crit damage Slash Proc and then notice it is using an individual base damage for the Bleed damage.

If I see a large Crit Proc that has DoT it should be followed by large DoT ticks.

They even released a new continuous weapon after all the time this post is here and, everything is the same.

You just don't see ppl on pugs using continuous except for the sake of MR points...

Flux Rifle, Ignis, Phage, Amprex, Synapse, Quanta, Glaxion and Convectrix they scream for atention DE, make it happen.

They even released a new continuous weapon after all the time this post is here and, everything is the same.

You just don't see ppl on pugs using continuous except for the sake of MR points...

Flux Rifle, Ignis, Phage, Amprex, Synapse, Quanta, Glaxion and Convectrix they scream for atention DE, make it happen.

I don't know about you but I see Ignis and Amprex all the time in Sorties, Draco, Triton, and the Void and I have personally been running around with Quanta Vandal. I feel that gun is amazing. Hell, Amprex has always been the best Beam weapon out there with it's insane crit stats and great status chance.

The other ones you mentioned are just bad... Well, not so much Synapse because it's just like Amprex only it doesn't have Amprex's AoE. But Glaxion is in accurate as blind kid throwing darts, Phage used to be top tier but than (mostly) every other shot gun got buffed with "friendly" damage. Quanta is actually pretty decent but Vandal... Don't know about the Convectrix and yeah.

Didn't DE already make these changes? 

I mean all the stuff the OP said I'm seeing it now, like the many small numbers and the status chance, with fire rate mods I can go beyond 100% with just 3 dual stat mods on my ignis and quanta

continuous weapons are amazing now, I use my ignis and embolist all the time, plus the quanta vandal 

Didn't DE already make these changes? 

I mean all the stuff the OP said I'm seeing it now, like the many small numbers and the status chance, with fire rate mods I can go beyond 100% with just 3 dual stat mods on my ignis and quanta

continuous weapons are amazing now, I use my ignis and embolist all the time, plus the quanta vandal 

100% status is still one effect every second, compared to other status centric weapons that can spew dozens of status procs per second.

To make it worthwhile, the player would need to have 300% status per second.

Edited by Mofixil