Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1000 Plat, What Do Do?

BluberryKnoob

Question

First of all- I did not buy it for full price, I got a 75% off login reward :), so none of the "you should not buy plat, you can get everything for free" comments please. It helps the devs and funds the game we are all enjoying, which is good.

I intend to buy the Rhino warframe and possibly some weapons. After I have bought Rhino, twin gremlins and a glaive, I will have 305 left ( i have 20 atm). I already have a Karak, and would look into shotguns. I am torn between the hek, the sobek and the tigris. I am leaning towards the sobek though as it is automatic.

SLOTS

If you really really feel like you have more plat than you'll ever need for slots, cosmetics. I don't recommend buying actual gear with plat, since, well, the game is all about farming for resources to build all the things.

I'm sorry but i have to say this... If you buy those items, you will regret it at the end. But if you do and something cooler than rhino comes out, you will regret it even MORE!

Also they are easy to get (in my opinion) i have like 5+ glaive bp's and i find it kinda weak...

SLOTS! :D Rushing a build is fine too!

Edited by ArchTenno

You may want to purchase some of the more core mods on weapons that are annoying to farm from some people.

Multishot's a good idea I think. Rhino's a poor choice to get because the boss to get him is ezpz, I'd argue

the only frame worth purchasing with platinum is Vauban, the boss to farm a frame might be difficult, but at least you can consistently

visit that boss and not have to pray to the RNG that an alert shows up.

Not sure about any of the guns though, but I would buy the hek if only for the lovely noise it makes when used.

From defeating any boss about a dozen or so times, you will have all the blueprints needed to build a frame (and hopefully the resources).

If you're going to be in Warframe for the long haul, you largely want to buy weapon and warframe slots with your platinum.

Since you keep on mentioning you want to buy frames, I'm going to guess that you are a newer player.  Let me tell you the basics on how Warframe works:

The bosses in Warframe drop warframe parts

One needs a helmet, chassis, and system parts of the same warframe and the blueprint from the store to build said warframe using in game resources.

After each part is built (12 hours apiece) you can build the warframe with the warframe blueprint and the warframe parts (3 days build time)

When the frame is built, that goes into an empty warframe slot.

What is the difference from buying a warframe in the market than building one in game.  When you buy a frame in the market, you get the following:

The warframe

A warframe slot for said warframe

An orokin reactor already equiped on said warframe

So, if you want to get a warframe without buying one in the market, and have it to be equal to what you purchase in the market, one would need to:

Farm warframe parts from the boss

create those parts

combine those parts to create the warframe

buy a warframe slot for the warframe

buy (earn) a orokin reactor for said warframe.

If you buy it directly in the market, you would have to spend whatever the market price is for the warframe.  If you do it from playing the game, you would have to wait the bare minimum of 72 hours to build the parts and the warframe and spend only 20 platinum for the slot and another 20 plat for the reactor if you don't want to wait for an alert for one.

With the exception of buying slots and skins and colors, buying anything for platinum in the market is one not willing the wait the amount of time to acquire the pieces to make said item from playing the game.  If you don't want to wait the time needed to get a frame you really want from playing the game, I won't stop you, but I would say play the game for a good while at first, learn how the whole game works before you spend the platinum like a spendthrift, so that, when you do buy something on the market, it is truly something you are not willing to wait to acquire in game and not something that looks all shiny that you may or may not like.

And remember, any weapon and frame (that is not an event item) you can get from playing the game!  That is the reason why so many of us stay around in the game.

Pro advice?

Buy Bo , Vulkar , and Single viper , Forma the sh*t out of them 

Buy valkyr , do the same ( forma) then buy 

Rush them all

But in all seriousness ; slots ,  color schemes , catalyts or reactors , you don't really need to buy any frame or sentinel  ( + there will be tenno reasearch labs so patience :) ) 

Serious beginners mistake!

Don't buy frames and weapons... u can farm all of those, most of them anyways.

1. Don't buy any frames 

2. Don't buy any weapons

3. Buy Slots, slots, slots and more slots

4. Buy some color packs 

5. Buy some Syandanas

6. SAVE PLAT! U are going to need it!

Couldnt have said it better, listen to this man.

As you are just thrown in the game only knowing you have a rifle, a pistol and a sword, I did not know how easy/hard it would be to obtain weapons and warframes, so I googled what would be the best among them, and went ahead and bought rhino, nova, orthos and the stalker pack, HUGE MISTAKE, dont do this, the hardest weapon and warframes to obtain in this game will come easily as you progress, I assure you.

I would just add that orokin catalysts (blue potato), the ones that supercharge your weaponry, are very hard to come by, so you might as well spend plats on orokin catalysts/reactors (reactors seem to be kind of common in faction invasions, unlike the catalyst).

If you want to buy a frame right now buy Loki he does'nt become available until near the end of the system and he's only 75 Plat comes ready Potatoed and with a slot so 40 Plat worth thrown in.  And a Carrier Sentinal very useful and same price.

Other than that has anyone mentioned SLOTS! 

to the OP, buy a load of warframe slots, buy a load of weapon slots, buy all the warframes that are low price, ie loki, volt, 75 plat each, for which you get a reactor and a warframe slot, loki will enable you to kill the first few bosses with ease with invisibility, which in turn will earn you blue prints for other warframes,, now you should be filling them warframe slots which you WISELY purchased, keep your plat for catalysts and reactors rushing forma and stuff like that, big big mistake if you go pay 300 plus platinum for something which you can get from a boss, that you are going to need to beat to progress in the game anyway, but if you got dollars to burn who am I to stop you,,, have fun and be wise

Slots for sure.

Buy maxed mods like Serration, Hornet and Redirection. If you want to be smart - buy rank 9 for twice cheaper. Maybe some other must have and hard to get mods, like Focus and Split chamber. 

Color pack makes the game more fun (at least to me)

Boosters are not bad either if you feel the need for credits or faster levelling of weapons/frames.