Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catalyste Node Ending Way To Fast

Chaosdreamer

Hi , I Dont know when theire reactor node if it lower the amount time you need to repeat , but its seem to end way faster

Easy example : two day ago (not sure if correct) Invasion node was at 3:30 am ~ Europe time , under 4-5 Hour its was cleaned today 

again but this time I done it 3 time the node transformed into corpus .So if you readed all , you probably guess my question

Did DE lower the amount of time you need to do a map (to lower the number of people that can get free catalyste? )

its weird happening twice in same week...Don't tell me its Rng its probably not

Sad to tell you it's cancer... No, wait, its RNG, ya its RNG.

No, DE did not lower the requirements. People just band wagon those nodes hard and burn them down fast. The system used to help break stalemate also doesn't help by increasing the rate of a nodes natural progression towards the favor of the winning side.

In short the more people play for one side, the further the progress bar shifts toward one faction, the faster the node completes.

The time for the corpus/grineer invasion is based on one side getting supported for X number of runs.  With the Potato rewards, everyone, even those who have stopped running the invasion missions are jumping on the Potato battle pay runs.  There is no resistance and more players running it, so they go faster.

I jumped on the one last night when it was at ~75% and by the time I got through my 5th run it was over 80%.  These move fast.

All the good nodes go first, especially items like potatoes, orokin cells, and other rare resources (anything other than Gallium, Neurodes, and credits). Just a matter of being there first. This isn't like an alert that you can do at any time within the time limit given.

I think battlepay potatoes are in a good spot: they are easier to miss than alert potatoes, but they also appear almost daily.

Overall if you play daily you are probably getting more potatoes from the battlepays than alerts, if you play less you can rely on twitter and apps to get alert potatoes. So play more = more potatoes, play less = can still get some.

Plus there's the Lotus' Gift almost bi-weekly, I don't think we should be complaining.

Edited by CubedOobleck

nahhhhh most potato alerts last about what..30 minutes to an hour?

that event went on for maybe 3 hours or more?

nah it was fair

edit: i lied someone said it lasted 20 minutes

i find that hard to believe but w/e

Edited by Ishki88

I think battlepay potatoes are in a good spot: they are easier to miss than alert potatoes, but they also appear almost daily.

You need to do 5 Ext missions in a row in under 20 minutes with PUGs which are highly unreliable.

So the best option is to just go Nova and Penta or something high dmg like Soma and rush it solo like your house is on fire.

Newbies are not going to be able to do that. Newbies need potatoes. Not getting potatoes will depress them when they figure out just how much they open up Warframe. Newbie gets frustrated -> Leaves game -> Warframe suffers.

A potato invasion should be a large scale war MUCH larger than the current one with a set time limit and BOTH sides offering equal rewards so they last longer. The winner would be calculated by who got the more Tennos to work for them. (Of course now it can't be balanced due to the Grineer having Detron on their side.)

Edited by Ziegrif

um... I think people are thinking about 2 different battle pays actually.  There was one last night that did last around 2 hours... well over 1.5 but less than 2.  Then there was another sometime earlier today that was gone before I even found out about it.  20 minutes.

Anyway, from what I think i've seen the regular alerts with Potatoes would seem to have double the normal time.  Instead of 40 mins - 1hr they are hour 1/2 to 2 hours.

Not to mention the gift of the lotus.

It seems like a good idea to have longer lasting battle pays, but the system they changed to, that results in such quick closing of an invasion node also is what has kept them from becoming multiple day stalemates on one or two nodes.  This way the invasions move along and we have more opportunity for moar potatoes.  2 in 24 hours from the invasions is pretty good, also makes missing one or even both more tolerable knowing they will pop up again in the near future.

um... I think people are thinking about 2 different battle pays actually.  There was one last night that did last around 2 hours... well over 1.5 but less than 2.  Then there was another sometime earlier today that was gone before I even found out about it.  20 minutes.

Sounds about right. The golden potato last night lasted quite a while - a group of friends and I went in at 90% completion, and finished runs around 95% or so. Volt + Saryn + Ember team.

I think invasions should last a minimum duration - 1 hour? Makes sense that the invading faction needs time to actually set up and take over the node anyway.

You need to do 5 Ext missions in a row in under 20 minutes with PUGs which are highly unreliable.

Come on, that 20 min invasion was an exception, the potato battle pays usually last longer than the alerts.

For now it's good, if the player base grows larger in the future the'll need to increase the duration of all the invasions.

The fact that it's 5 missions is annoying, I would rather it were 3 like for infested, but that's a problem with all the grineerVScorpus invasion.

Edited by CubedOobleck