Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

Having no damage cap on it was dumb, Frost became a must have for Def missions.

Let me remind you that the Vauban players said that the change to bastille was going to kill Vauban, and no one was going to play him anymore.

It just needs more health but having no damage cap on it was too powerful.

If Frost is a must have for Defense missions then defense should be impossible now.

Anyone that says Deal with it : Get off the forums.

Forums are here for us to voice our feedback, as long as something I love is going to be nerfed, then I will not deal with it. Frost is the defence frame, people use him for his defence ability. With this, he is requested and loved for it. However, now, it will greatly reduce that. IT'S HIS SPECIALTY in end game. All of his abilities are USELESS in anything above level 40. Snow Globe is the only thing. DO NOT CHANGE IT. 

Cuz you know, Vauban's become useless in Derelicts. I mean, I only ever see Ember's now that Vauban can't Defend the Pod from Infested anymore.

*eyeroll* Please people, calm your %$# and deal with it until the update comes out and you can actually try it for yourself.

3500HP.... 

3.500HP(!)

Are you seriously? This isn't even funny...

Say it to Heavy Gunner, Napalm or Railgun on Eris, Pluto or Ceres. Of course, it's easy enough to nerf, than make it better...

And what kind of team play?

Skype, Raidcall and etc.+friend squad = that's team play. No offence. But that's really strange idea and decision...

I still remember the topic with WF as tiers. And i think Frost replaced the Volt.

The thing is, they didn't even incorporate actual crowd controls with ANY of his abilities when Avalanche would have been PERFECT to add a knockdown to, especially with the snowglobe nerf.

Edited by WharOne

Having no damage cap on it was dumb, Frost became a must have for Def missions.

Let me remind you that the Vauban players said that the change to bastille was going to kill Vauban, and no one was going to play him anymore.

It just needs more health but having no damage cap on it was too powerful.

yeah but the "cure" for bastille was to just lob more bastilles with a pwr eff build.

frost will end up the same surely?  75% pwr eff, and just overlap several globes, thus making the need for max pwr eff builds more concrete.

I don't know Adding health to the Snow Globe would make it pretty useless at end game enemies usually dish around 100+ per shot and combine that with 20-30 hostiles around you that snow globe would shatter in matter of seconds after being shot at by the Corpus or Grineer.

Can't DE make Ai just approach the snow globe and get inside and shoot us? Frost is really good at defense against Grineer and Corpus and you want to make him somewhat mediocre which makes him good in mid game? I guess i have to sell my Frost and get an other End-game Warframe to make it survivable in end game.

The thing is, they didn't even incorporate actual crowd controls with ANY of his abilities when Avalanche would have been PERFECT to add a knockdown to, especially with the snowglobe nerf.

actually frost avalanche, with overextended + stretch had CC, freezing enemies up to 5 seconds + damage.

lets see what new surprise do we get now.

Forgive my backlash, but to me this seems like a catastrophic failure.
Frost was my first farmed frame, and despite it having mostly S#&$ty abilities I loved it, it was fun to play, a nice tank and certainly not OP.
I've neglected using frost much outside of defence because of its low viability, so I sincerely agree it needs a change.

I've given thoughts on how I feel the abilities should be altered, who knows, maybe they'll get noticed, though probably not.

1st: fine with everything about it staying the same, just don't keep it single target, up the blast into a mid-large radius blast/spray that can freeze multiple targets for a certain time. (Affected by duration and range mods with range mods increasing the size of spray/blast)

2nd: works fine, do what it needs for better damage, upon hitting armor "the intense cold cracks armor, lower armor strength and" and with corpus, weakness shields ... (essentially 100% status chance for alternatives to corrosive proc and magnetic proc, but with frosty visual affects)
Affected by range for boosting length and width, plus the other obvious ones

3rd: was suggested earlier, but yeah, globe still on duration, becomes damage resistance, not damage ignore or health, affected by power strength and range and duration as always.

4th: works okay, just do what needs to be done to make damage more viable, higher default range, and all enemies that survive suffer a slow down affect with the number of seconds slowed down for correlating to the level of the ability.

Anyway, hope people like my ideas.
Please don't kill frost's only redeeming feature.

actually frost avalanche, with overextended + stretch had CC, freezing enemies up to 5 seconds + damage.

lets see what new surprise do we get now.

I ran that build against infested for a long time and I know that by the time my Frost had finished the casting animation, (bringing the hand down and being able to shoot again), the freeze had already worn off. I'm talking about a knockdown like the ones that result from us jump-kicking things.

Edited by WharOne

Hey you misspelled "balanced" as "nerf" for some reason.

But honestly snowglobe needed to be tweaked and they still need to make blessing not so op.

Whatever change to Blessing gets made it should ONLY affect people who pump the hell out of their blessings to get perpetual immortality builds. It's perfectly fine if you don't go nuts on it with corrupted mods.

Hey everyone,

Making this post prior to U12 on PC's release (coming soon!), because as everything is coming together, there have been changes made to Frost's powers that ought to be shared and discussed for further review.

Changes:

Freeze (Codename Ice Blast internally): Comparable to Ember's Fireball in casting time and result of impact/damage.

Avalanche: Increased casting speed and increased damage.

Snowglobe: Now has health that is increased with fusion (currently: 1500,2500,3000,3500)

Snowglobe being a solely duration based skill created issues of viability of other frames in the "Defense" mission types, as well as a skew towards pace of gameplay.

The goal is to get Snowglobe, and Frost overall, in a place of power and action, but does not render gameplay optional, but we need everyone's experiences to get it right as we continue to make changes. 

Please discuss below your experiences with Frost and how you would balance his abilities with these changes in mind, as well as prepare to return to this thread after the Update has been deployed with further feedback.

Thanks, Tenno.

Clarification/FAQ 1: Will Strength Mods positively affect Snowglobes health after this change? Yes, they will!

ok so now there's like 23487450845 "frost is dead" doom threads

but whatevs, i think giving the snow globe the iron skin treatment is probably for the best in the long run

HOWEVER I would have gone about things in a different way:

frost needs work the way many frames do, the main problem is dmg scaling and how snow globe is too powerful

my ideas:

freeze - freezes one target solid for 5/10/15/20 secs, this is NOT broken by dmg, destroys targets shields (if any), also slows main target and any others in a small aoe for 5/10/15/20% atkspd/movspd, same duration

ice wave - all targets hit by ice wave lose shields permanently, all targets hit are also ragdolled and knocked to the sides left/right as the wave moves, all targets hit slowed by 5/10/15/20% atkspd/movspd for 5/10/15/20 secs

snow globe - globe no longer blocks projectiles, but reduces dmg taken while inside the sphere by 20/40/60/80% (not enhanceable), globe also slows all enemies inside sphere by 10/20/30/40% atkspd/movspd

avalanche - functionally identical to my freeze revamp but massive aoe and with an additional dmg component

all of frosts abilities now have utilitarian function (slows/kb/freeze) and he is no longer the snow globe one trick pony

it just means THE frost build will be 75% pwr efficiency with as best pwr str as u can manage, ittl also mean as the globe could drop at any time it means that frost deffo cant afford to run around, most likely ittl mean your stuck on that cryopod just slapping down overlapping snowglobes.