Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost: 2/5/2014

[DE]Rebecca

I understand and agree with the change to snowglobe. (mostly there is still a part that doesn't like it but ill get over it), however I would like to know if the new HUD will show health remaining of the snowglobe (and other affects like Ironskin) If so I have no problems with the idea.  The numbers may need tweaking, but that is easy and impossible to tell until its tried out.

The other two power changes seem like strict upgrades so I have zero complaints there.

It probably won't show you.

As a matter of fact I did and none of the other "changes" are actually changes, if you play Frost you know freeze has always been like the fireball, avalanch isnt changing its still going to be AoE freeze and Ice wave is staying the same SO why dont you tell me How they are improving frost through a huge nerf to his number 3 ability, not to mention what are you going to hide behind on long defense missions.

Have you ever tried bringing a Loki or Trinity for a defense mission? They can actually be quite good in the hands of the right players and they are improving frost by making his other skills at least a bit more viable. Putting health on snowglobe is a step in the right direction because it both gives other frames a chance to shine and makes the game more challenging. Not sure about you but i find it boring to be hiding behind a veil of invincible cover.

That applies to all AOEs, you need to pay attention and cast smartly.

If this is the reason then all 4th skills should be sped up.

Mak please. At least try the other classes before hitting the reply button and digging a hole for yourself (again, sigh)

Every other big AoE damage 4 is either much faster (1 second or less cast time) or applies some sort of CC to all enemies within the area within a decent range. Frost is alone with having both a lengthy 2 second + cast time as well as a paltry 15m range on his 4.

Have you ever tried bringing a Loki or Trinity for a defense mission? They can actually be quite good in the hands of the right players and they are improving frost by making his other skills at least a bit more viable. Putting health on snowglobe is a step in the right direction because it both gives other frames a chance to shine and makes the game more challenging. Not sure about you but i find it boring to be hiding behind a veil of invincible cover.

You do realize that frost other ability's are complete crap compared to Globe ? Are you honestly saying you want a tank frame to put out damage ?

or they could have made it that the snow globe is impenetrable or any mobs that enter it are automatically frozen until its broken or and mobs inside of it get a DoT applied

oorrrr maybe when the globe is destroyed it does that same amount of blast dmg in a certain radius...10/15/20/25m

Edited by (PS4)lsu4life86

Snowglobe Health needs to be at least an order of magnitude higher. (ten times as much as the proposed HP)

Even against mid-level mobs a maxed snowglobe won't last more than 10 seconds under serious fire. This is a BIG HONKING HUGE IMMOBILE shield, everything in the room is going to hit it 100%.

I have to dodge and stay under cover constantly with a 1000+ shield Frost or I get nuked in 20 seconds, and you think 3000 hp are gonna cut it? ReallY?

REALLY?

What if when the globe breaks it releases a HUGE AoE blast that slows  based on distance. 90% slow at ground zero and 15% slow at its furthest point of influence and then the duration modding (that all frosts use) affects the duration of slow.

/thread

This is not how you /thread.

"Snow globe is currently the only useful Frost power, buffing the others is welcome, but nerfing Snow globe into the ground and basically rendering it useless is not. In high level defence, where it shines, ennemies have too high of a DPS for 3500HP on a huge, stationary target to last more than two seconds.

The community doesn't appreciate the nerf."

THIS is how you /thread.

I will say that I am glad that DE posted that BEFORE release, because if people found out in the patch notes, or worse, in game, the backlash would have been terrible.

Now if you would be kind enough to withdraw that poorly thought-out """""""rework""""""" of snow globe, just like you did for the XP thing, that would be nice.

EDIT:

Fighting from within that many globes is impossible due to whiteout conditions.

And lag. Two or three globes is already straining my computer and I can barely see anything.

Edited by Kaian-a-coel