The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Wrong With Zephyr!? Everything Kills Her!

Arlayn

I was impatient and purchased Zephyre. Did I die a lot? Yup. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I was attacking level 37 mobs, head on, with a Rank 4 Braton, Rank 16 AKLato and a Furax.  Yeah, she's a little frail, but she just came out.  

I mean, totally broken.  Needs a fix. Yep. Busted.

She doesn't stay airborne long enough... She stays airborne about x2 the time of Excalibur after super jump, and she drops fast when you use the ability again. Not even Rhino falls that fast when using Charge.

With or without range /Derelict ( overxtended I think) mods? i don't have her yet so I don't know. But I assume she could almost "fly"  in reduced gravity nightmare missions 

She's an evasion style frame. Early leveling will be tough compared to other frames, but if the dev's did a good job she'll scale fast. Her mitigation should obviously get better the more you lvl/mod her. it's going to start out low and get much better. No need to go freaking bananas and talking like you know for a fact she is trash when you don't even have her maxed out and tricked out

key word evasion, some of the earliest threads i made when i first entered warframe was about mobility/speed in combat

imho it does little in surviving(other than running away to somewhere safe) .. cuz you do know grineer have hitscan weapons and aimbot hacks right? they wont be missing no matter how evasive you are

corpus on the other hand....

Yeah, a lot of her protection comes from shields, but to be fair, she's got pretty good mobility on outdoor maps.

Sadly, that's like... two planets.

Huehue. 

yes it is a noob when they walk into a mission with braton Mk1, lato, and skana and I can see it after the mission ends as well... They are noobs. They just started.

Think before you speak next time... I might be freaking out over this new frame, but you also just freaked out on me without thinking that reply through. I didn't say all players who use them are noobs. I still use my Excalibur and he is magnificent!

She doesn't stay airborne long enough... She stays airborne about x2 the time of Excalibur after super jump, and she drops fast when you use the ability again. Not even Rhino falls that fast when using Charge.

"Think before you speak". Kay. 

Maybe he just read it wrong. I just TL;DR'd your post because I can tell it's just gonna be some stupid rant about how you can survive with a new frame that focuses purely on evasion tactics and not running in like Rhino. Christ almighty. 

All of her abilities are purely focused on air, unlike Excalibur or Rhino. And what ability are you talking about?

yes it is a noob when they walk into a mission with braton Mk1, lato, and skana and I can see it after the mission ends as well... They are noobs. They just started.

Think before you speak next time... I might be freaking out over this new frame, but you also just freaked out on me without thinking that reply through. I didn't say all players who use them are noobs. I still use my Excalibur and he is magnificent!

Last time I checked, noob used to be n00b, generally an insult to semi experienced players.  If they are new to the game, they'd be "Newbs"

Think before you speak next time, maybe?

imho it does little in surviving(other than running away to somewhere safe) .. cuz you do know grineer have hitscan weapons and aimbot hacks right? they wont be missing no matter how evasive you are

corpus on the other hand....

Which is why I still question the reason why people chose to hand over Xini to the Grineer. 

Edited by ikillyou8196

if she fails at ranks 1-10 with no abilities to save herself with like every other frame then she has fallen below required specs needed to be special... Even Trinity a Warframe I despise with a passion passes with flying colors on the rank 1-10 test.

SHE doesnt fail that

YOU fail at ranks 1-10

I don't want to be the guy to say to dodge, but...

She has abilities that help her avoid damage, so...avoid it.

Let me tell you a secret... if you hit he 1 button, and slam into the ceiling that is low, and attempt hitting the one button again it won't work, and if you rapidly hit the button you might be lucky with a 0.01 second dash.

How can she dodge if she is hitting a ceiling, and can't use her dash properly a second time? How can her barriers work so perfectly when enemies spawn from all directions, and barrage fire her? They don't work. If she was made more like a Megaman X deal where I can rapidly push the 1 button, and dash at a low altitude heck she would be awesome, but as she is now I can't dodge anything in the tight corridors of Corpus ships, Grineer ships, Grineer mine pipes, and small hallways, Corpus buildings in the snow outpost...

She isn't all that great in tight spaces, and sadly Warframe is littered with them... Making it hard to find a good place to level her up safely.

She isn't all that great in tight spaces, and sadly Warframe is littered with them... Making it hard to find a good place to level her up safely.

I think that might be the biggest issue. The air frame needs her air to maximize herself, limiting herself in pretty much 70% of the game due to ceilings and corridors. I don't have her yet, so I wouldn't know, but how effective is her 4 in tight spaces? 

He was probably referring to new players (at least for Excal), but someone in this forum can't differentiate between "newb" and "noob."

Tbf "noob" used to mean new player guy (according to my sources the word was used as early as 1960s). But internet managed to corrupt the word. Just like creampie or beaver.

Edited by WhisperByte

She as both high shields and high health but poor armor; saying that she loses her shields faster is impossible : shields aren't affected by Armor so ALL Warframes lose shields to damage at the same speed. Unless of course you spend your time flying all over the place into open fire which would shred any Warframe to pieces.

She's in fact the only frame in the game with both Ash/Saryn's amount of Health (150) and Frost/Rhino's amount of Shields (150) and pretty quick from what I can see. So she's also one of the only Warframe who can eventually have both Health and Shields number into the thousands without taking armor into account if modded with Vigor, Redirection and Vitality.

Though I have not yet played her (working on the researches), the numbers don't lie. I'm sorry, but that's definitively a case of "learn to play Zephyr". And by that, I mean play her more than 24 hours after she was made available.

Unless of course you spend your time flying all over the place into open fire which would shred any Warframe to pieces.

I can do that with any warframe in the game and come out just fine... (unless its the new Hyenas which I can guarantee are the hardest squad of enemies in the game) I formaed my banshee and brought her to the same level, and she was just fine. She just chilled, and rocked out killing everything. I am not sure what it is with Zephyr.

This makes no sense. She has 150 shields.. shields deplete at the same speed for all frames. Shields are not affected by armor. So saying that her shields drop faster than shields of other frames makes absolutely no sense. I have no idea what your problem might be, either she has bugged shields or you're getting hit more than you should.

Edited by LocoWithGun

I only died once with her so far, and that was against 2 Hyenas because one froze me and my Tail Wind was thus rendered rather useless... but besides that, she is godlike against Infested, really decent against Grineer (either evading or diving through their numbers to kill them) and holding her own against Corpus. And I'm not using shield nor health mods, rather duration and maxed power efficiency to fly around constantly.

The frame is all about keeping in motion and out of enemies' sight. And if you deploy Tornado and fire the appropiate elemental damage into them, they will take care of pretty much any enemy that walks near them.

In comparison, Valkyr when released was NOT as cool. She had Zipline, but all other skills were either underwhelming or broken, So you saying that when you tested her on day one and she was epic, I call bullsh*t :o

Excalibur has the same problem with a strength modded super jump (as well as any enemy wearing a jetpack in any game ever): if you fly out in the middle of the sky around a bunch of things trying to shoot you then you become an extremely easy target. Everything will start firing at you and they won't have a hard time hitting you. 

Super Jump and Tail Wind should get some type of defensive buff. 

Edited by Duk282

2 words AVIATOR MOD

Aviator Mod is pretty worthless... you're not in the air long enough for them to do enough damage to you to justify using 9 ability points...

Attempted Oberon on first try... Epic... attempted Valkyr on first try... Epic... Attempted Vauban on first try... Epic...

Never have I attempted a new frame, and had a series of crashing and burning like this. Not even Saryn was this bad. She was at least able to survive with a molt.

lol all that ice you missed halves your shields :P idk if an expert player like yourself might know that, but ya ;D