Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Eviscerators Megathread

xWindScar

Erm guys it just struck me , but why are we forced to attack the grineer on their mother  MOTHER PLANET at very low levels?......it's supposed to be endgame    the final boss planet or stuff like that because that's where they're supposed to be stronger right?

I just soloed Ophelia against Grineer twice with a MK1-Braton:  Hellfire 11, Stormbringer 11, Infected Clip 11, Cryo Rounds 9, Serration 14.

Rhino:  Rifle Amp 7, Marathon 7, Quick Rest 9, Rush 11, Focus 11, Flow 9, Streamline 9, Iron Skin 7, Rhino Charge 3, Roar 9, Rhino Stomp 13.

Stug:  Fully Loaded

Carrier:  attack disabled.

Oh hey, another part of the problem. I don't know when you got yours, as I've heard it used to be much more common, but with 100+ hours and rank 8 I've never had one drop.

I've recently tried farming balisticas on earth since I prefer a gradual increase in difficulty, but with the frontier units things tend to ramp up way faster than they used to. Or maybe that's a side effect of grineer domination of the star map. Either way I can't find the rhythm or teammates to get past 10 minutes, first extraction or the first transmission. I don't mind a little grinding for something, but only being able to stay with a mission for the minimum amount won't get me anywhere.

Oh hey, another part of the problem. I don't know when you got yours, as I've heard it used to be much more common, but with 100+ hours and rank 8 I've never had one drop.

I've recently tried farming balisticas on earth since I prefer a gradual increase in difficulty, but with the frontier units things tend to ramp up way faster than they used to. Or maybe that's a side effect of grineer domination of the star map. Either way I can't find the rhythm or teammates to get past 10 minutes, first extraction or the first transmission. I don't mind a little grinding for something, but only being able to stay with a mission for the minimum amount won't get me anywhere.

Straight from the baby's mouth.

And by the way, not everyone likes Rhino.

Straight from the baby's mouth.

And by the way, not everyone likes Rhino.

What makes you think I do? I was simply commenting on the lack of a semi-necessary damage mod. I'd rather run the weapons and frames I like the aesthetics of and mod them as needed. Not 'well for magnetic, corrosive or radiation i have to use synapse.'

The bleed proc is completely unbalanced, the eviscerators are the unit that make it clear. They're not OP by any means, their damned proc chance and bleeding damage is. To put it bluntly, the simple fact that the bleeding proc bypasses shields entirely is beyond idiotic. That's my only issue with it. I don't find eviscerators challenging, just annoying.

The real problem is the proc itself, it makes frames that can't regenerate health at a HUGE disadvantage compared to the frames that can. When you have a frame with a ton of shield but no health, you feel cheated when you go down because of a SECONDARY source of damage. I'm forced to use Equilibrium with my Nyx every time I fight Grineer past level 15, not because my shields are too weak or because I stay right in their LOS, but because half of the few stray bullets or blades that manage to hit me proc bleeding damage. A LOT of bleeding damage.

What makes you think I do? I was simply commenting on the lack of a semi-necessary damage mod. I'd rather run the weapons and frames I like the aesthetics of and mod them as needed. Not 'well for magnetic, corrosive or radiation i have to use synapse.'

Oh, I was actually referring to President's post, regarding the Rhino.

And the statement "Straight from the baby's mouth" kind of means the people who don't already have all their maxed out Rifle mods actually have the most say in this. We're decked out in so much mods it barely affects us. If you're a new player, you're going to feel this hurting a lot more than some guy with a Rhino with full focus, maxed elemental mods and a Rank 10 Serration. 

The fact that he says he's going there to see what it's like with the toughest frame in terms of survivability and a weapon with about 10 times the base damage is laughable to me.

I can't even take this S#&$, and I've nearly maxed my Vitality with a max Redirection when I face them with my Ember.

Speaking of which, you may want to consider doing some Survival missions on Saturn, Mimas. Ballistas now spawn in Survival, and they drop Stormbringer. I'm not sure if you'll be lucky enough to get the drop, but I found some there recently.

I can just picture the sad look on a player's face when he builds a Miter for himself expecting it to be as good as the one they use. Sad, sad, sad.

I point and laugh at people that think it isn't.

When all of our arsenal mows down the enemies 10X faster than they kill us what are you basing that our miter isn't as good as theirs? 

Go one on one with an eviscerator and see how long it takes the bleed proc to kill you from a few shots.  Now think about how long that is when it comes to what is normal for a Tenno to be killing any random mob.

Look at the radar.

Don't rush into rooms.

Use your CC.

Use Cover.

Don't stop moving.

Shoot them first.

Don't worry so much about out damaging your team and let someone else take a hit.

1 stray blade or maybe two isn't going to kill you unless you've been taking other damage to the face.

Oh, I was actually referring to President's post, regarding the Rhino.

And the statement "Straight from the baby's mouth" kind of means the people who don't already have all their maxed out Rifle mods actually have the most say in this. We're decked out in so much mods it barely affects us. If you're a new player, you're going to feel this hurting a lot more than some guy with a Rhino with full focus, maxed elemental mods and a Rank 10 Serration. 

The fact that he says he's going there to see what it's like with the toughest frame in terms of survivability and a weapon with about 10 times the base damage is laughable to me.

I can't even take this S#&$, and I've nearly maxed my Vitality with a max Redirection when I face them with my Ember.

Speaking of which, you may want to consider doing some Survival missions on Saturn, Mimas. Ballistas now spawn in Survival, and they drop Stormbringer. I'm not sure if you'll be lucky enough to get the drop, but I found some there recently.

Hopefully I'll be able to find a group. After the first time an Earth mission blew up on me I tried Mars and Saturn, but it seems the only places people are right now is the beginning and end. No one's in the middle.

Earth isn't that hard solo, incase anyone is wondering. I was soloing it with Nyx and use those Eviscerators certainly made me go "Oh sh#$!". However it's the same with the Hellions and Heavy gunners you run into. These guys hurt and are dangerous, you can just face roll through them. The moment you see or hear one of them you should back up and focus fire on them. Honestly on Earth missions, I've died more to Hellions than to Eviscerators. Those bastards move too fast to follow. I tend to lose them alot.

Now this is with Nyx, a frame I'm lvling up. I go in there with Rhino I have zero issue, even in the tier 3 missions, I have no trouble with these guys when using Rhino. Sure they get the odd bleed proc but I drop them as easily as any other grineer. So only a few blades if any get out.

These guys are glass cannons and shouldn't be changed. It's what makes them a threat. The are almost up there with Napalms and Bombards I think.

@Boatsniper

I would be perfectly fine with this.

It would make it so that if you're shields ever go down after you've been bleeding that you're going to die, but it also removes the frustration of opening a door on Earth, getting an unavoidable sawblade to the face from an Eviscerator 10 meters away and then dieing with nothing you can do to prevent it.

The biggest issue with bleeding is that we dont have ANY way to protect against it or stop it once we get it.

There is one way, and only one. A Trinity casting Blessing in those few seconds between getting the bleed proc and going down. Sometimes I manage to perform this miracle, sometimes I'm distracted by enemies and see your health dropping too late.

Oh, yes, and then there's Nyx. As soon as she hops into her bubble (Absorb), bleed proc can't hurt her anymore.

Another point how ridiculously much damage eviscarators deal: After U12 I took my Frost (maxed Focus, Vitality +360%) for a walk in a lvl20 invasion. Faced two of those guys, popped my globe - and the shredded it and me in less than three seconds. This is just insane ...

Edited by Bibliothekar

Actually, I go there very often. One of the rare systems that drop Orokin Cells. What's your loadout? It's easy to manage solo, if you have the right gear. And after that, it's just a matter of patience.

It varies depending on what I'm playing and feel like doing. Come to think of it, I haven't tried to solo survival yet. Perhaps getting my face pounded in when I've been migrated to solo in defense has kept me away from it. I suppose I could load up penta and try with a few frames.

Hah, the Harvester is not the only reason Grineer are getting out of control. I just played a Corpus invasion after I haven't done any in a while. I can understand why no one wants to fight Grineer because the Eviscerators are just way too overpowered. I had a Zephyr with 630 health and the 5 seconds of the Eviscerator bleed proc ONESHOT me. 3 of us went down due to a Napalm and 2 Eviscerators that decided to pop up behind us. This isn't even funny anymore, you can't defend yourself from them and I still don't understand why they got to keep their Gatling-Miter with this insane proc rate and damage.

I can facetank a Heavy Gunner of the same level for like 10 seconds but I die to 1 blade of the Eviscerators.... If anything ever gets nerfed next, their Miter should be it.

1 stray blade or maybe two isn't going to kill you unless you've been taking other damage to the face.

Actually, it can. 50 damage (at least) per tick from Eviscerator bleed procs. It can happen at any time irrespective of your shield level. Unless you have a high health frame with a maxed out Vitality, you're playing Trinity and have enough energy for a Blessing or the ground around you is carpeted with health orbs, you *will* die. Guaranteed.

Now we have Frontier Eviscerators on Earth i feel bad for the new players especially with low rank shield/health, the worst part is that the Eviscerators have rapidfire Miter with high bleed proc chance plus on top of that bleed proc can stack which is pretty deadly even to more sturdy warframes.

Made a post about this the other day...I can't farm earth with certain frames now without stacking Vigor...No longer run earth unless I'm on a tank spec'd rhino...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/174319-is-it-just-me-or-is-it-hard-mode-after-u12/#entry2041353

Earth is a noob system...A bleed this bad shouldn't exist on a noob-based system.

Ever since bleeding was added as a status effect I've been wondering why do we bleed through armored suits? Why do we bleed through armored suits with energy shielding? I thought Warframes were made from alloys, but they seem to only be just as protective as the rubber/fabric suit worn by the Corpus.

Made a post about this the other day...I can't farm earth with certain frames now without stacking Vigor...No longer run earth unless I'm on a tank spec'd rhino...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/174319-is-it-just-me-or-is-it-hard-mode-after-u12/#entry2041353

Earth is a noob system...A bleed this bad shouldn't exist on a noob-based system.

Personally i think that bleed proc is such a cheap move however i agree, that more "skilled" players needs some kind of a challenge, but like i said bleed procs are purely cheap and i sometimes feel like my shields are completely worthless. (i feel that way, but what about newbies? i suppose this is nightmare for them)

I actually like the bleed proc.  The best concern I've seen is that the eviscerators are very common on earth, which is a bit early for new players to be able to handle them.  Maybe have their proc chance scale on their level, so they aren't that lethal on earth but remain a challenge in later areas.

Past that, I like the relative challenge they introduce, and would actually like to see more of them in later missions.  Your team can always pick you up, so its not even that bad if they knock you down instantly.  The game does have a minor issue of no normal way to regain health in a mission - you either need one of the frames that does healing or spawns health orbs, or you bring gear items.  But its very minor, since if you run out of health, a teammate can revive you at no real cost and then you'll have full health again.  Sure if everyone is running around and not sticking together, its a problem, but thats just saying the game is hard when everyone runs around like idiots.  And these eviscerators aren't anywhere as bad as toxic ancients were when they left a gas cloud behind.  Maybe a mod that reduces bleed damage and its duration, like we have for elemental damage?  I remember the toxic resistance mod was actually helpful for those toxic ancients.

I actually like the bleed proc.  The best concern I've seen is that the eviscerators are very common on earth, which is a bit early for new players to be able to handle them.  Maybe have their proc chance scale on their level, so they aren't that lethal on earth but remain a challenge in later areas.

Past that, I like the relative challenge they introduce, and would actually like to see more of them in later missions.  Your team can always pick you up, so its not even that bad if they knock you down instantly.

Problem with scaling proc chance is that it is still a random chance of death.  It is the damage you would want to scale.  And as to your team picking you up, that assumes you have a team.  Unless there's an alert or something, often you don't, especially when progressing.

The problem with big slash procs (and they can happen from things other than Eviscerators... had a Corpus Bleed take my frame from 660 hp to under 150 hp) is that the game is not set up for the players to take lots of health damage.  The healing isn't readily available, and health totals vary widely, between frame and mods used.  I don't think a newer player with a reactor-free rank 15 frame should be forced to devote a good portion of those points to Vitality...

OK, you guys are making me want to play Earth now.

Oh, yeah, DE messed up the loot tables bad, again. 

Edited by ThePresident777