Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.x Weapon Balance Notes

PrickleyPete

Weapon Balance Changes (Update 7.x)

ALL WEAPONS:

Reduced Z Translation Spring values

STRUN / BOAR / BRONCO / HEK:

Tweaks to Recoil feel and Accuracy, generally sharper Rotation and Translation Springs, added Noise & better spread control when firing while aimed. Added force feedback to all firing sounds.

GORGON:

Tweaks to Recoil feel and Accuracy, sharper Rotation Spring, added Translation Spring, tuned Noise. Added force feedback to its firing sound.

BOLTO / AKBOLTO:

Added Recoil and Accuracy values. Derived a new projectile type for use with Akimbo model since projectile controls accuracy. Solo model is twice more accurate, akimo model has 2x fire rate (820 vs 410). Projectile speed increased from 40 to 65. Added force feedback to their firing sound.

BOLTOR:

Tweaks to Recoil feel and Accuracy values.Projectile speed increased from 60 to 65. Added force feedback to its firing sound.

LATO PRIME:

Tweaks to Recoil and Accuracy make it more in line with recent changes to base Lato model. Added force feedback to its firing sound.

SICARUS / BURSTON / KRAKEN:

Slight tweaks to base fire rate and/or recoil following the queued firing issue being fixed

-------

Rifles

-------

BRATON:

Damage now 17, was 16

MKI-BRATON:

Damage now 16, was 13 / Reload time now 2.2, was 2.37

BRATON VANDAL:

Damage now 18, was 20 / Crit Chance now 7.5%, was 5%

LATRON:

Damage now 36, was 30 / Reload time now 2.4, was 2.37 / Crit Chance now 7.5%, was 5%

SNIPETRON:

Damage now 115, was 100 / Reload time now 3.8, was 5

GORGON:

Damage now 24, was 25 / Reload time now 4.2, was 4

BURSTON:

Damage now 21, was 20

BOLTOR:

Reload time now 2.15, was 2.37

------------

Shotguns

------------

STRUN:

Damage per pellet now 14, was 12 / Reload time now 3, was 3.37 / Crit Chance now 7.5%, was 5%

BOAR:

Reload time now 2.3, was 2.37 / Fires 6 itterations, was 5

HEK:

Damage per pellet now 19, was 17 / Total number of pellets now 7, was 8 / Reload time now 2.15,

was 2 / Crit Chance now 2.5%, was 5%

--------

Pistols

--------

FURIS:

Damage now 14, was 12

AFURIS:

Damage now 14, was 12

KRAKEN:

Reload time now 2.1, was 2 / Damage now 45, was 50 / Crit Chance now 2.5%, was 5%

LEX:

Damage now 80, was 60 / Fire rate now 65, was 60 / Reload time now 2.35, was 2.5 / Crit Chance

now 15%, was 5%

BRONCO:

Total number of pellets now 7, was 8/ Reload time now 1.05, was 1 / Crit Chance now 2.5%, was 5%

LATO / AKLATO:

Damage now 24, was 23 / Crit Chance now 2.5%, was 5%

LATO PRIME:

Damage now 25, was 26

LATO VANDAL:

Damage now 27, was 31 / Crit Chance now 7.5%, was 5%

SICARUS:

Damage now 26, was 24 / Crit Chance now 10%, was 5%

VIPER:

Damage now 16, was 14 / Crit Chance now 15%, was 5% / Fire rate now 1150, was 1100 / Reload time now 1.1, was 1.15

Edited by PrickleyPete

Latron still isn't buffed enough. It's such a shame with a weapon design with much potential and yet I find it outshined by several side-arms.

-----edit-----

On another note, neither of the Vandals have their stat change reflected on the UI. Also Lex says 70, not 80 in the UI.

Edited by Draxxon

Latron still isn't buffed enough. It's such a shame with a weapon design with much potential and yet I find it outshined by several side-arms.

I have been using a level 30 latron and a level 30 lex. (together side by side at same time for about 3 days now)

The lex definitely outshines it. I feel if the reload speed/ clip size of the latron wasn't so attrocious it could stand up dps wise.

When fighting super low level mobs and your gun kills them in 1 bullet - the latron is clearly superior because of its clip size... but for fights more matched to your rank - it really hurts. 6 shots to kill a single mob is too much for a semi auto gun ESPECIALLY when the clip size is 15 =.=. The lex just seems to do it faster.

I am glad its no longer the pea shooter it used to be. But you just gave everyone in the game a pistol with better stats than the latron. Lato vandal might do less damage per shot - but the clip size is identical, accuracy is just as strong, and it reloads 3x faster. DPS wise - it clearly outshines the latron. And thats just not good :\

On that note - i finally built a hex - haven't even gotten to use it but it sounds like it got a nerf lol Dx oi </3

Nerf to the Braton vandel is very disapointing. Though like others have noted the UI still says 20 damage. Honestly what is the point of the vandel if it has basically the same damage as the other bratons. If they are going to leave the damage at 18 maybe a clip size boost is in order.

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Nerf to the Braton vandel is very disapointing. Though like others have noted the UI still says 20 damage. Honestly what is the point of the vandel if it has basically the same damage as the other bratons. If they are going to leave the damage at 18 maybe a clip size boost is in order.

Yeah, doesn't make much sense to me.

I have been using a level 30 latron and a level 30 lex. (together side by side at same time for about 3 days now)

The lex definitely outshines it. I feel if the reload speed/ clip size of the latron wasn't so attrocious it could stand up dps wise.

When fighting super low level mobs and your gun kills them in 1 bullet - the latron is clearly superior because of its clip size... but for fights more matched to your rank - it really hurts. 6 shots to kill a single mob is too much for a semi auto gun ESPECIALLY when the clip size is 15 =.=. The lex just seems to do it faster.

I am glad its no longer the pea shooter it used to be. But you just gave everyone in the game a pistol with better stats than the latron. Lato vandal might do less damage per shot - but the clip size is identical, accuracy is just as strong, and it reloads 3x faster. DPS wise - it clearly outshines the latron. And thats just not good :\

On that note - i finally built a hex - haven't even gotten to use it but it sounds like it got a nerf lol Dx oi </3

The Latron works best if you aim for the head, which fits with its marksman role nicely. I actually switched to it right after the patch because it performs so well without mods. The crit chance increase should be a solid buff, since crit stacks so well with headshotting.

Edited by 3ntropy

Honestly, anyone saying the Latron is fine now against higher level mobs, is dead wrong. It was literally the only weapon I used before the update, and I can tell, it's been nerfed, a lot. Even with quite a few proper mods installed (+40% damage, multishot, puncture, freeze damage)[all the values which they are at, save for damage, I forget], the gun is extremely underwhelming. It's a shame, because it really is a great gun. Or was. Or should be.

Maybe I just need to upgrade the mods all the way for the Latron to be what it once was. It wasn't overpowered before, but it was just right. Had a large amount of DPS, enough to keep up with the ROF from fully-auto rifles, and the clip size with upgrades was perfect. Now, it's just god awful.

Welp, here's to hoping.

EDIT: Maybe not nerfed, but the change has definitely affected the gun for the worse.

Edited by cred