Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 7.x Weapon Balance Notes

PrickleyPete

Way to make a sweeping generalisation there bro. Personally I don't want my Vandal to make me feel like a walking God [if I did I wouldn't be happy with U7 at all lol], I just want to have some incentive to use it over the other Bratons. Currently there is none.

+1

Way to make a sweeping generalisation there bro. Personally I don't want my Vandal to make me feel like a walking God [if I did I wouldn't be happy with U7 at all lol], I just want to have some incentive to use it over the other Bratons. Currently there is none.

^This. Rifles are pointless enough as it is right now.

Are we ever going to see weapons beyond rank 1? Like the HEK.

Edit: I think Sniper issues could easily be solved with Sniper specific mods, why those weren't implemented is beyond me...

Edited by Frazeil

-------

Rifles

-------

BRATON:

Damage now 17, was 16

BRATON VANDAL:

Damage now 18, was 20 / Crit Chance now 7.5%, was 5%

Why the nerf on the Vandal? The two Bratons would have been in a good balance without the nerf. Now the Vandal is a crappy choice compared to the standard Braton.

Before the update the DPS of the Braton was 240 and the Vandal's was 250.

After the update the DPS of the Braton is 255 and the Vandal's is 225.

If anything, you unbalanced the two weapons.

Alright, I can get that the Vandal was nerfed. It annoys me to hell and back, but it's not like you had to pay for them. On the other hand, the Lato Prime basically costs TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS and yet now it is just the same thing as a Lato. I paid that much money because I really loved this game. It's fresh and fun. But having the rewards I was given for supporting the game turned into garbage is just flatout hurtful. As it stands, there was absolutely no reason for me to have gotten Grand Master over Master. The Skana Prime at least does noticeably more damage than the regular Skana, and the Excal Prime looks cooler than the regular Excal. But why is the biggest reward a tiny pistol that is no better than the one you get just by making an account? It's not even a big item that you can appreciate the skin of, like the Skana Prime (although even that would be aggravating, if all it was was a big skin). I'm honestly starting to regret upgrading all the way to Grand Master, even though I don't regret supporting the game. This nerf to the Prime feels like a complete slap in the face for having provided a substantial amount of money to the devs when they were just starting to make the game.

Edited by Xitel

That's the joke, the percentual modifier is not added to the base, it's multiplied. If you have a base rate of 5% and a max mod (45%) you have a total of 7.25% crit chance.

laugh out loud

"Two nothings is nothing" - Foghorn Leghorn

Some of these mods really need to be "numerical" rather than percentages, otherwise they are irrelevent if your weapon/suit didn't already have high values to start.

Edited by hywod

Because a 50% crit chance on every weapon would be totally balanced

I don't think anyone's saying that... but seeing as the old system had crit mods that were in the 9-10% range and those were double stat mods it makes sense that we should be getting at least 10% crit out of it and that certainly isn't happening. Crit is one mod type that really shouldn't be percentage based... it should be a flat number capping out at 10-15% somewhere. It looks like shotguns have 30% max same with pistols and rifles have 45% max now... imo that should change to a flat +10% for shotgun/pistol and +15% for rifle... they're six tiers so it wouldn't be hard to start them out 2/3/4/6/8/10 for shotgun/pistol and 2/4/6/9/12/15 for rifle.

I just tested Lex a bit: these patch notes are wrong. The current base damage for Lex is indeed 70.

I came here to ask exactly this thing: since the title says "update 7.x", are these changes already implemented or not? And if not, when will they be?

I don't get this nerf business. This is PvE game, balance is not that important, just let people have fun!

Taking steps into very boring direction.

I'm with whoever says screw PvP and 'balance.' Make it fun. Make wild, creative warframes and weapons. Keep PvE and let's wreck some faces!

The strun is over powered now, especially because it's so cheap. I think it's number of pellets should be changed from 10 to 9, which would bring it's damage to 126 instead of 140. A weapon that costs less than half as much as the other shotguns should not be better than them. It having ten pellets makes it op when using multishot mods.

I love this game, but DE seems to be unbalancing things with this update instead of balancing them. I recomend buffing the snipetron.

As well, should you really be nerfing the lato prime? people paid you $250 for that! It is only one damage point less, but it wasn't much to begin with. Again I love this game and willingly support it, but I do not like this update.

Edited by Uaneped