Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Contest: A Quest Unknown!

[DE]Megan

(I couldn't figure out how to get pictures into my post, but I do have some nice ones to go along with this, so I hope I can find something and I'll edit it later if I do)

Word of a mysterious Grineer device has spread, rumors of its threat to all life have slipped through the cracks, their legitimacy only as valid as the word of the people who spread them.  However, these rumors have reached far enough to peak the interest of a more... concerned individual.  This individual has been given the nickname, The Hunter.

Thus brings us to the beginning of our short tale.  The Hunter has tracked down the facility that is alleged to house this device, and he has begun his prowl for any prey to be eliminated.  He begins with a short scouting of the area by finding a perch on the overgrown root of a tree, quickly gaining a some guidance of the area as well.  Shortly after, the faint echo of voices can be heard, The Hunter springs down to the surface as he walks among the shadows, once again quietly stalking his prey.

It is not long before he comes across a group of Grineer patrol just outside of a large facility.  He promptly wields his bow and strings the arrow in line with the soldier's head before letting it sail through the air and into the armor thick armor with a loud thud and the spurting of blood.  The solider is quickly dropped to the ground, dead, as his comrades take action against their assailant.  A hail of fire is launched in The Hunter's direction as he is then pinned behind a boulder to avoid taking fatal shots.

The Hunter quickly formulates a plan as he bolts out from behind the rock and pinpoints each of his targets.  He quickly begins to focus his energy on these points as it slowly begins to manifest itself on the bodies of the soldiers, all the while his shields shrugging off the better portion of what rounds actually made contact.  As soon as he felt he had gathered enough of his energy into each target, he swiftly raises his hand into the air, which causes the soldiers to do the same before he just as quickly brought it crashing back down, slamming their bodies into the ground with the audible crunch of their bones and armor.

With his bloodlust now sated, he was presented the opportunity to sate his curiosity instead, as the facility was now unguarded.  Slowly he walked through the battlefield, keeping his bow on alert for any hidden enemies, although that did not seem to be the case.  It took only moments before he made his way into the facility, that presented a large machine that seemed to be pumping chemicals throughout it.  Upon further examination, he couldn't see any apparent purpose for this machine, and instead decided to examine the chemicals within... but after a few moments passed, he saw a shape beginning to form in the liquid, it seemed to be drifting towards him, as it got closer, it slowly defined itself until he could plainly see, a Tenno was trapped inside.

(To be continued... maybe...)

Not my best work since I usually like to have a springboard topic, but yeah, it works :D

496 Words

AMOR SANGRIENTO 

Esta es la historia de amor entre un Frost y una Mag. Todo empieza en un jardín otoñal después de la universidad donde se cruzaron por primera vez, ella se había tropezado y yo fui corriendo a levantarla y en ese encuentro tuvimos nuestro amor a primera vista.

1779841_209877209210488_457017700_n.jpg

Ya estando juntos encontramos algo en común, odiábamos a todos los Griner, los queríamos a todos muertos, así que nos aventuramos en nuestra casería planeta por planeta. Primero empezamos por Mercurio, luego la Tierra, Saturno quedo aterrorizado y así toda la galaxia. Pero había alguien que no estaba de acuerdo con aquello, el padre de Mag.

1653389_209877829210426_1683691374_n.jpg

Vor, el general de las fuerzas Griner, un tirano y el padre de mi amada, no le gustaba que saliera con su hija, me odiaba profundamente. Empezó a contratar cazarrecompensas para que me asesinaran, envió a Vai Hek y al poderoso Tyl Regor, pero ninguno fue capaz de derrotarme. Desesperado, Vor al ver como caían su asesinos tomo medidas desesperadas y mando a su mano derecha TTE-LECH-KRILL  a por mi, tenia ordenes exclusivas de matarme y de llevar devuelta a Mag con su padre, intente detenerlo pero mis poderes no se comparaban a los de KRILL y de un solo golpe me dejo al borde de la muerte. Cuando me iba a dar su golpe final Mag lo detiene y le ofrece a KRILL irse de inmediato para salvar a su amado, KRILL acepta y se lleva a Mag con u padre.

1939809_209877512543791_518370903_n.jpg

Yo, apunto de morir y sin esperanzas de salvarme, de la nada aparece alguien a quien no esperaba, me dijo: "que no estaba todo perdido". Luego me desmaye. Mas tarde desperté en dojo, el que me había salvado era un viejo oberon, era experto en combate y un excelente curandero, me contó que era un antiguo enemigo de Vor, y que visualizo mi batalla con KRILL, pero era muy viejo para hacerle frente, vio algo en mi una fuerza increíble que yo no había que tenia, así que decidió entrenarme para una técnica lo suficientemente fuerte como para derrotar a Vor y a KRILL juntos. La técnica se llamaba Avalancha, estaba listo así que fui a la base de Vor en Phobos, en donde tenia a Mag como prisionera. Me enfrente a Vor y a KRILL en una batalla interminable hasta que pude conseguir toda la energía necesaria para usar la Avalancha contra Vor y KRILL. Ellos quedaron cristalizados, luego dispare un par de balas y se quebraron en mil pedazos, había salvado a Mag.

1898149_209877989210410_1931995510_n.jpg

Ha pasado un año desde entonces y con Mag a mi lado le pedí matrimonio, nos casamos y fuimos felices por siempre.

1798510_209877379210471_1414733240_n.jpg

Well, here goes.

-_+_-

Slow, measured breathing. In, out. In, out.

Meditative sounds echoed in the symphony of his mind. An armored chest rose and fell, his face inscrutable behind the helm. His Skana and MK-1 Braton rested by his side. At a glance, he looked like a monk with ceremonial armor. But looks could be deceiving; he was Tenno, Master of Gun and Blade, Bearer of the Warframes.

His rest was interrupted by a voice.

“Tenno.” It said softly.”It is time for the Test.”

He looked at the hologram before him. The Lotus. His Awakener, his teacher and, all things considered, queen. What was visible of her face seemed blank. Under her steady gaze, he rose.

“I am ready, Lotus.” The pristine chamber echoed with his rough voice.

“I believe you, Achai. Close your eyes.”

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3334091837047055299/16DE6B7B37D43A19C43E6A6BBD2091C24B4B04C3/

He was kneeling, but he rose. Dark pillars rose in the pristine digital realm. He vaguely heard the Lotus’ voice.

“A Tenno is only as good as his weapons. Prove yourself.”

Calm for a moment…

A guttural Grineer voice yelled, only one word discernible from the foul speech.

“TENNO!”

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3334091837047058291/097AFE3B104A5E449D5B4E6D7843949F2E8ADC4F/

Remember your training! He thought, dodging a Butcher’s Cleaver.

A chorus of discord surrounded him, the Butchers clamoring for his death.

One of the Grineer, a Lancer, managed to punch him in the faceplate. Achai stumbled, his balance lost, while the Lancer grinned stupidly.

Watch me and die, you patchwork monstrosity…

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3334091837047065339/F555272AC95791C3289514EDC72BD7E1DBB037F2/

A red mist covered his eyes as the beast within him emerged and slaughtered everything around him…

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3334091837047063640/C5D645FC1F8A8D67D11679C6A42334CC1B8644DD/

He came back in a cold sweat and kneeled in exhaustion. Tears burst forth silently, paying tribute to his long-lost brother and son…

The Lotus looked at him, unsure on how she felt. Angry? Sad? Understanding? An artificial intelligence cannot explain its artificial feelings easily. Achai was an anomaly. A Loki who cared too much. A Tenno who remembers.

Most wished to remember their past, but Achai wished he could forget. His past was nothing but misfortune after misfortune. Orphaned with his brother, scarred by countless battles, fathering a freed slave boy, losing what was left of his family during a Grineer raid... But somehow, he kept going. Somehow he had surpassed the first of the tests meant to challenge both his body and mind.

She’d keep an eye on him. She remembered that the Stalker had turned for the worse in similar circumstances. Achai may follow that dark path. She had to steer him away from it, away from the Stalker.

After all, they were brothers.

Title: "The Escape"
Word Count: 417

"Wake up Tenno, your time has come." Four Tenno awaken from deep cryo-slumber to find the Orokin ship they slept in had become a decayed jungle. Coming out of the cryo-slumber left them briefly disoriented but they were snapped out of the confusion when they hear a voice. "Tenno, you are needed. Escape and meet your destiny." the Lotus whispers to each of the Tenno. Without a word spoken they prepare for the coming onslaught. Looking from one to the other they nod in agreement and set out to escape from the tomb they had found themselves in. Slowly working their way from the awakening chamber, they find that the derelict ship they had once called their home had become a broken and sad shell of what it had once been.

0opqAEI.jpg

They enter the next room and see a silhouette of something creeping in the shadows. A bellowing roar rings out as a lone infested calls out to its brethren for aid. The hunt was on, the Tenno had become the prey. It howled only to be silenced a second later by a Tenno's arrow. Too late had the arrow struck as more infested poured around the corner like a tidal wave of death. It ended as quickly as it had begun, or so the Tenno thought. Moments after the first wave had crashed around them a second followed with even more numbers than the first.

fxy5dmr.jpg

Fighting through the seemingly endless army of infested they find themselves looking at the escape pods. Lowering their weapons with relief, they slowly strolled forward towards freedom. Without warning the lights flicker and die. "Your sin's have not been forgotten, Tenno..." a booming voice echoes around the room. Standing back to back, the Tenno await whatever strange beast hunts them now. The shadows shifted as the Stalker came into view wielding a bow that filled the Tenno with dread and despair at what would come next.

yyGOuqU.jpg

The Orokin 'Warframe' Archives stated that knowing when to fight and when to run is key in survival. In this moment the Tenno realized escaping to fight another day was the best course of action. They charged towards the escape pods as they heard the maniacal laughter of the Stalker. "Tenno, you can not run from your past. You may run now, but there is nowhere you can hide from me..." As they reached the pod they looked back in time to witness the Stalker melt into shadow again as they fled to temporary safety.

Xy9tkBy.jpg

In the beginning there was only fear,not fear of corpus or grineer but of one tenno whose name and warframe have been lost like the tennos memories there have been only 3 records of this tenno saved that it was a women, that she was called the enforcer due to her asserting her rule and dominence through sheer brutality and that she had given birth to two legendary tenno each of whoms path would take a dark turn. 

These children were twin boys of which would come to inherit a dark suit which possed other frames abilities as well as one that can disrupt powers even tenno powers. The other received a suit that enhanced his rage to a disturbing level allowing him faster attacks as well as increasing his strength ten fold.The children grew up hating their mother for no other tenno would talk with them afraid of the the enforcer would hurt them if they upset the twins 

The two brothers would eventually grow tired of their mothers tyranny an sought to eliminate her they began trying to enlist the help of many corpus grineer and tenno of which all but 1 decline that man was alad v he had accepted for more than getting rid of the enforcer he figured he could betray the two and get the enforcers favour. All three began preparing their plans to attack the enforcers head ship.

The brothers panted having been betrayed by alad v and his god dam robots close to halfway through one of which punctured the angry brothers suit causeing him to start bleeding out as well as the serious beating they took from their mother before the dark brother managed to launch her out into space through the window had left both exhausted

"zz" the angry one said having givin him the nickname due to the amount of time he slept as a kid and adult "you got to get out im not gonna make it dont argue just do it alads out the door hes gonna catch us both if you dont leave" zz nodded but with strain and left through the single seat escape pod their mother had prepared right as alad v burst through the door smiling 

(epilog)  What that bastard did to  my brother is unacceptable even grineer wouldnt alter their bodies like that changing his gender? his powers?? and the tenno did nothing to find him i will hunt them all even this husk left that is my brother this    valkyr they will fear my wrath this i promise 

Hi i am Kaiser_suoh.

It took me several days and i must say it, i was very restricted with that rules.
But is fine, was fun for me.
Is about a prayer of Lotus.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Lotus claim"

These are times of war, only prevails the stench of blood and death, with those who caused it.
No one remembers when it began, but something that can not be forgotten is that so scarce as any of the rare resources in the universe, is the hope, something that hardly can be seen in these times. A war among the cruelest that never seems to finish.

11vqihx.jpg

The ambitious Corpus, with its vast technology, have the intended to take control of all the resources and technology they can get to expand their research.
Alad V, a specialized experimental weapons development scientist, aims for perfection with risky experiments. He created the beast "Zanuka" made of parts of who fell in battle ... a sin beyond the desecration.

xqc8ec.jpg

The proud empire, the Grinner, aim to conquer the whole floor they can see, annihilating all that is put in front of them.
Commanded by the merciless General Sargas Ruk, who guides the most cruel and bloody invasion that space has seen in ages.
Using unknown technology, sacrificed his own body for more power.
Now wearing an impenetrable armor, nobody escapes uninjured after a battle against him.

xe4vbn.jpg

In the midst of this holocaust, fruit of countless struggles for territory and power, has awakened an honorable warrior who can stand up to these injustices.
The "Tenno", a proud and powerful race... but also misunderstood and lonely.
A race asleep in time with their memories, the greatness that once surrounded them in the past is only remembered by the few who know of its legends.
Glorious and disciplined in combat, does honor to its legend using the anger and pain of the fallen as weapons to avenge them.

inzypv.jpg

It's time somebody stop this barbarity.
Someone must restore peace and harmony to the space.
Tenno, the fate has woken you from your lethargy to end the suffering of innocent souls who fell in this war.
Even if you fights with you "wandering brother" or against the "stronger opponent"... it is your duty to keep walking the path of your destiny, step by step you will see the end of everything.

Uses every last drop of power to make this a reality.
Do not give up!! survives!!

ea15dg.jpg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Please just count the words in the margin marked, above of this words.

Its all, here my post/story.

But, i wanted to continue the story (not count this, this is only for fun).

...Tenno, do not let your guard down. All of you have a common enemy, a ancient virus that threatens to destroy all life...

30hrl7l.jpg

This story will continue...

I am Rhino.

I have awakened from my cold grave, deep within the scorching deserts of Phobos. I neither remember my past nor my purpose. I only remember that I am Rhino, and I must warn this world of danger.

DGCoirH.jpg

This unfamiliar system of revolving worlds delivers many formidable foes, yet none of them compare to the fear that strikes my core when I stare into the darkness beyond this galaxy. I see within the darkness the chaos and destruction that marches to where I stand. I see within the darkness a spire of iron capable of piercing many worlds to oblivion.

zS5a6CR.jpg

I journeyed through the worlds of this galaxy, fighting to grow stronger for this impending calamity. On my venture, a woman named Lotus reached out to me, persuading me to join her clan of beings she calls, the Tenno. The metal on the skin of these Tenno bear a striking resemblance to mine, yet strangely, they are unknown to me.

OtRXhFn.jpg

I do not trust this Lotus.  However, when I told her about the darkness I see from beyond, she offered to aid me in my mission. I hesitated on her offer, but I accepted as I needed allies. Unlike the slaving Grineer, Lotus has not yet tried to chain me from the back. And unlike the Corpus, Lotus has not yet tried to sell me to those abominations of greed. The Infestation are out of the question.

HyiJt99.jpg

My journey takes me here to the frozen Outer Terminus of this galaxy. Here I must lead the battle against the darkness that threatens the existence of worlds. The Solar Rails in this area will be of great asset to the transportation of supplies in this region. However, the Corpus residing within this area must first be made allies or eradicated. Total control of the Outer Terminus must happen before major preparations can be achieved. I pray that my “negotiations” don’t take too long.

47fslul.jpg

WORD COUNT - 323

Just what did it mean? The Stalker's message? Could we have really... slaughtered the Orokin?! I needed to find out for sure, so I dug through my inbox and found it. Darvo's email. I asked him if he knew about any old Orokin records of the Tenno, though he responded with the typical "Information is money" kind of attitude. I transferred 50,000 credits from my account to his, seeing if that was enough. A bit later, I got another message from Darvo saying that I would likely find what I was looking for in the Orokin Derelicts. Preparing for the journey, I checked my equipment and grabbed my Derelicts key. Warframe0033.png Almost at once, the Infested swarmed me as I entered, but I was prepared. Wielding my modded Despair, I quickly threw knife after knife, but became forced to run. I realized with a sense of dread that an Extinguished Key was in my gear slots. How did it get there? Anyway, that didn't matter as I approached a large vault door. Checking the key, I found that it actually fit the large key hole, and I stood back to watch the massive door open. Warframe0034.png Looking back at the Infested, I quickly ran in and what I found wasn't Orokin mod technology, but some sort of transmission. I uploaded it into my systems and felt a wave of fatigue rush over me. The room darkened for a second, and I heard a small voice, neither male nor female, old nor young, say, "The Orokin will repay you for your sins," but I snapped back to attention as I heard Infested behind me. Warframe0035.png I quickly realized, however, that my body felt like lead, and I could barely move. This transmission seemed to act just like Orokin mod technology, increasing the weight of my Warframe. This was really bad. There was hardly a chance I could outrun the Infested now, but that was the least of my worries. The Lotus came into my comms, telling me that the Corrupted had awakened. Struggling to get out, I took a few hits from the Infested, but I was able to avoid them long enough for the Corrupted to kill them for me. As the Corrupted turned there sights on me, I ducked behind a pillar, and threw my Despair, taking cover when my shields could take no more hits. Warframe0037.png I was able to reach the extraction without too much trouble, and quickly slipped onto the extraction cruiser. I took the time afterward to check the transmission. Damn. This might be a good start, but I needed more information. It seemed that I would have to visit the Derelicts once more. Looking back, however, it seems that someone or something slipped that key into my gear slots. I heard a small whisper accompanied by a flicker of darkness as I brought up the transmission. It said, "Tenno, it is time for you to know." Warframe0038.png

Edited by GaleRoar

So, I've made a terrible mistake. It seems that somewhere in the mix of gathering new information about the contest, and realizing I can't do it tomorrow (Won't be home,) I missed the part about a 500 word limit. So I've just finished up the 3 hours (breaks, coffee food, in between,) writing a 2,300 word story. I don't suppose I get get a reprieve, eh? Because I'm not sure if cutting the current story down to 500 will do it justice... Lol.I mean, I understand the limit, and I'm not questioning its existence, only its flexibility. Thanks :)

So as many have said the 500 word limit was very restrictive, however, I made do and molded by piece around the limit available and ended up smack bang on 500 words. In honesty it's 4am here and I'm in the middle of moving house but I really wanted to enter this because I love creative writing and I really wanted to in a way answer my own questions. My story revolves around the rather sparse lore that "Ember" is given and fills in all the blanks there as to who she is and how she became.. her. Maybe my screenshots aren't as flashy as everyone else's but I did what I could without cropping, keeping to the limit and trying not to "cheat" with cinematics, just using some codexes, the map and the dueling room in the dojo.

Anyway without further adieu...

-------------------

Warframe0095.png

Kaleen had been the head of research aboard the Zariman when they had lost contact with the ship as it passed through Saturn’s Grineer-infested shipping lanes, nicknamed “the fold”. She had steeled herself against the inevitable – a ship losing contact in the fold meant only one thing: the Grineer. However when the ship had passed into Agency-controlled space it was to be searched and Kaleen had volunteered join the recovery team. 

Warframe0094.png

What she found was far worse than she had expected. At first it appeared almost untouched, until they ventured deeper into the cavernous depths of the ship toward the higher-clearance areas. It was then that the stench hit her; burning corpses – the fetid smell penetrated through her quarantine suit and shook her to the core. Entering a lab confirmed what she already knew – piled high in some grotesque display were so many that she had known of the crew. Many were mutilated, but all around the scene was the fallout of some kind of inferno. The former she had expected – standard Grineer fear tactics, to show how ruthless and brutal they could be, but fire was a rare commodity among their ranks.

Warframe0096.png

As she mulled this over that was when she heard it. A child’s scream. Instinct told her to flee, but as her feet reacted she found herself running instead toward the sound. It was only when she entered a conjoining compartment that she found herself face to face with a far greater monstrosity than the one she had faced in the previous room. Pinned in stasis here were children, each disfigured with metallic flesh that indicated only one thing – the barbaric Technocyte Virus had been used here. One girl cowered, hiding behind the pods; she was further along in the process than the others, terrified and covered in unnatural flesh. Kaleen moved slowly toward her, removing her quarantine mask and offering a hand toward the child, “It’s ok, I’m here to help you” she called. These were the only words she managed before the child exploded, screaming. Flames engulfed Kaleen. The next thing she remembered was the clinical feel of a medical facility, searing agony each time she was lucid enough to surface. When she was well enough they had taken her to see the woman, the words she had cried out echoed in her mind Why would you do that?

Warframe0039.png

Her thoughts now were hazy and she felt… different… Invulnerable… No more pain radiated through her body from her injuries. As she came to she found herself lying on the ground of a secure room, the only visible doors clearly locked. Straining to lift herself upright she felt a rage building inside her until it overflowed, until she could contain it no more, she found herself screaming as suddenly, as if from a nightmare, flames consumed her entire body, forcing her to the ground. 

Warframe0023.png

As they ebbed, she heard only one soothing voice reverberate in her mind “I am the Lotus. Welcome to the Tenno… Ember…”

(I've checked and double-checked with multiple word counters. Highest count was 495! Anyway, hope you enjoy.EDIT: Forgot to give credit to LunarTemplar and TheGreatBea. Thanks guys. <3)

The Nature Spirit

Yggdrasil lived in harmony with the world around her. She did not know of her heritage or even the meaning of her name. Yggdrasil was simply...Yggdrasil. The Grineer though, knew her to be a ferocious spirit of Nature hell bent on disrupting their plans. If any Grineer so much as stepped blatantly on a bug, the enraged creature would litter the jungle ground with their entrails. It wasn't a joyful sight.

TakingouttheTrash.jpg

The wild Tenno awoke from slumber one faithful day to the sound of a ship landing. It didn't take long for her to catch sight of those that dared invade her home. They weren't hurting anything...yet. But they needed to be followed, and as soon as they hurt...they will get hurt. Yes, yes they will. Little did she know they were on the same mission she was – to preserve her home.

YggdrasilWatches.jpg

The feral Valkyr followed them with both interest and wariness. They spoke inside their helmets, so Yggdrasil could not hear! But she could see... and as she watched as one of the invaders picked up a threshcone, she readied to attack! But...there was a pause. The air felt...bad. Harsh. Yggdrasil could hear the blaring sounds of Grineer with their horrible voices. They were coming...and these invaders will be killed. But why should it matter to Yggdrasil? No...no, Yggdrasil should not think this way. They have not harmed her home, but the Grineer have! The Grineer hate her home! As she watched the evil hoomans surround the invaders; shooting them with bullets and missiles, Yggdrasil felt the rage within her boiling over. With a leap from a nearby tree branch, she came down upon the Grineer with fury and wild abandon! This gave enough time for the injured invaders to save themselves! One made some sort of weird shield. Yggdrasil thought it was cool.

2014-02-17_00012.jpg

The crazed Tenno cut a swath through the Grineer. Blood spewed from their grievous wounds while the lucky ones simply fell dead the instant they saw those energy-infused claws. But she could feel her power running out. There were just too many... she needed an escape! And that...is when the birdy came. Yggdrasil yelped in surprise as she was grabbed by this invader! But as they flew away from the Grineer, she realized the invader was helping her! “Birdy~” she said to her savior.

The birdy looked at her incredulously. “Did you just call me...Birdy?”

Yggdrasil nodded and hugged the birdy tightly. “Birdy~!”

The birdy sighed.

Birdy.jpg

Though Yggdrasil was feral, she was also very smart. After recuperating on their ship, the invaders told her what they were on Earth to do - stop Vay Hek from injecting the Cicero Toxin. She didn't care about the specifics, however. The Grineer were trying to hurt her home, and she wasn't going to let that happen! Besides, these invaders seemed nice...and had bananas! Yggdrasil loves bananas. And...perhaps now, she won't be lonely anymore.

WaitingforExtractionwithaFriend.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This contest really had my creative thought processes going, so I made a full short story out of it! What's posted here is just the perspective of one lost and wild Tenno. The story surrounding the crew she saves is here! https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/182514-fanfiction-yggdrasil/ Of course this has nothing to do with the event - my submission was above. But if you're curious, go ahead and click the link.)

Edited by SoulEchelon

The barren wastelands of Mars projects the Corpus bases brim with machinery. Excalibur, Loki, Mag and Volt dash through the corridors at electrifying speeds and the sounds of gunfire ring throughout the ship. Crewmen are racing on the metallic floor of their base while the wailing sirens echo and MOA's begin awaking from their iron caskets. 

http://i.imgur.com/5pG2DHZ.jpg

The gun fight moves on to Sergeant Nef Anyo as he is cornered by the four Warframes. His acts of black marketing Warframes cannot go unattended to.

http://i.imgur.com/wHzxOg4.jpg

The target is taken care of swiftly. The crew takes a final stand and enacts the base's self destruct sequence. The Tenno race to the pickup location. The ship is now ravaged, the Corpus set it ablaze. The fiery blockades illuminated the bodies of Corpus and the metal of the MOA's and Ospreys shone brightly.

As the Tenno home in on their destination a sudden explosion sets them apart. The base shakes and their balance is thrown off. Excalibur, Loki and Volt are blasted towards their destination, with only Mag blasted the other way. She brushes off the smoke and looks at the periling flames in her way. She yells to her companions to press on while she finds cover. The lone Tenno is left as her fellow kin must escape.

Volt is determined to bring back his entire team alive from this mission. Neither Excalibur or Loki could stop him. He rushes through the flame. As he reaches the other side a barrage of gunshots rain onto him. He dodges swiftly and avoids much of their shots. He doesn't have much energy left but presses on to find Mag resting in a corner. Her health is low, and her shields are suffering from the scorching flames she took. Mag is surprised at Volt's actions and tells him to escape, but he does no such thing.

Volt shocks Mag with his remaining ounces of energy and replenishes Mag's. Volt tells her to move on and to escape. Mag argues and fights back but is inevitably silenced as Volt retracts his helmet. The oxygen on the ship is depleting quickly, but he heeds no attention to this fact. Volt leans over and regress' Mag's helmet. His last blissful memory will be of the beautiful silver haired and blue-eyed woman. Alongside with the sensation of her lips. His last stand is made, as he gets up from cover and rains fury on the invading Corpus. Bullets pierce through their body suits and punch through the hard metal of the MOA's. Mag escapes as she polarizes her shields and presses on through the fiery blockade. Mag traverses the Galaxy in search of Volt. On that day on Mars, the base named "War" never blew up, it's sequence stopped mysteriously. Mag has made it her mission to find out the whereabouts of the now lost Volt, and the true story of what happened that day.

Here is my attempt at this contest. I had to cut down my story to be 500 words (full version can be found at the end). I tried to be a bit different though, so I am not sure if it fits the bill. It was also hard to get some decent pics, so I hope you enjoy.

Alert

Just when I thought I was finally going to enjoy a day off, the room suddenly filled with that damned, swirling amber color. And the irritating high-pitch noise started to wail incessantly.

rlagmDo.jpg

As my fingers typed fast to decode the alert message, I sensed something was different. The transmission was a distress signal, unlike anything I've seen before in the countless, cold months that I've been stationed here.

“This is a mistake.” I thought. I quickly verified its authenticity and called in my squad. For a long moment, all three had the same distorted expression of disbelief and anxiousness. And after a few quick glances, a decision was silently reached.

ZKkgs6B.jpg

The signal had come from beyond the reaches of our known space, far outside the farthest planet, "Pluto". The implications were unimaginable.

And so, we set out aboard the "Black Horizon", the fastest, long-range scout this side of the system. The journey took a few weeks, pushing our vessel to its limits.

5Kh5Umz.jpg

We anxiously approached the source of the signal and I magnified the view ahead. It was … just a spaceship. Mumbles of disappointment arose all around me, but as more feedback came through our ship's sensors, the murmurs died. The spaceship was not of Corpus or Grineer design; it was not even Orokin or Infested. It was something else.

To be so far away, in front of something completely unknown and utterly alien, the faces of my teammates were now alive, their eyes aglow, their hearts hungry with savage excitement, trepidation, exhilaration and sheer terror. We were on the brink of something immense! Everyone scrambled to suit up.

We drew straws this time. One poor bastard had to stay behind and perhaps witness the unraveling of history from behind shielded window panes and through ship sensors, monitors and radio waves.

N9lT6or.jpg

We jetted through space toward the mysterious hulk. Even in the absolute coldness of space, I could see sweat forming on the foreheads of my men. In truth, they were the bravest crew I have ever worked with, no matter the danger or the risk.

FbOUHFw.jpg

But now we were edgy, for the first time in a long time.

The odd, metallic surface of the spaceship shimmered under the scattered light of space. It was cold and rough, etched with embossed lines and peculiar patterns, like an extraterrestrial sheet of Braille. After 30 minutes of careful probing, we found a way in: a tiny glyph at once side gently responded to touch. A large, invisible circle swirled open, like an iris, and a very faint stream of air rushed out past us. Did these “things” not even breathe air? With a glance toward my ship and a wave of the hand, we all disappeared into the opening.

The circle closed behind us without a sound. The radios went dead. Our suits’ auto-lights never turned on. They did not even respond to our frantic and forceful pressing, squeezing and cursing, as the unnatural darkness swelled and swallowed us whole.

-  To be continued -

Here is the full version:

Alert

Just when I thought I was finally going to enjoy a day off, the room suddenly filled with that damned, swirling amber color. And the irritating high-pitch noise that I've come to hate started to wail and screech incessantly. Some of us were blind, and at this rate we were going to be deaf as well before long; all because High Command "had" to install the most aggravating Alert System ever.

As my fingers typed fast to decode the alert message, I sensed something was different. I became oblivious to the annoying colors and noises around me. The transmission appeared to be some sort of a distress signal, unlike anything I've seen before in the countless, cold months that I've been stationed here.

“This has to be a mistake.” I thought to myself. I had to verify its authenticity first, and fast. I ran the regular checks then another series of complex extrapolation and filtering techniques which I still remembered from the manual but never had to use before. I called in the rest of my squad. For a long moment, all three had the same distorted expression of disbelief and anxiousness across their faces. And after a few quick glances, a decision was silently reached.

The signal had come from beyond the reaches of our known space, far outside even the farthest planet, "Pluto". The implications of this realization were unimaginable. And so, we set out aboard the "Black Horizon", the fastest, long-range scout this side of the solar system, which I was lucky enough to "borrow" from its previous owner not long ago.

Although it seemed like an eternity, the journey only took a few weeks, pushing even our vessel to its limits. For an uneventful trip, it was the most nerve-racking experience I have ever had. We anxiously approached the source of the signal and I magnified the view ahead. It was … just a spaceship. For several moments, mumbles of disappointment arose all around me. But as more spacial feeds came through our ship's sensors, the murmurs gradually subsided and then altogether died. Silence hovered the cockpit. The spaceship was not of Corpus or Grineer design or origin; it was not even Orokin or Infested. It was something else.

To be so far away from our solar system, in front of something completely unknown and utterly alien, the faces of my teammates were now beaming, alive; their eyes aglow; their hearts hungry with savage excitement. And I could see it, feel it. I could even cut it with a knife: the tension, trepidation, exhilaration and sheer terror. We were on the brink of something new, something immense! Everyone scrambled to suit up.

We had to draw straws this time. One poor bastard had to stay behind and perhaps witness the unraveling of history from behind the shielded, “Tri-reinforced” window panes, through sets of ship sensors and monitors and over radio waves.

We jetted through space toward the dark, mysterious hulk. Even in the absolute coldness of space, looking through their visors, I could see sweat forming on the foreheads of my men. And as soon as the glistening droplets got recycled by our suits’ systems, a new layer of sweat readily formed. In truth, they were the bravest and craziest crew I have ever worked with, no matter the danger or the risk; hordes of Corrupted or Infested, it did not matter. They always came through. But now it was different. We were edgy, for the first time in a long time.

The odd, grey-green metallic surface of the spaceship shimmered under the photonic floodlights of our vessel and the scattered light of space. It was cold and quite rough, etched all over with embossed lines and peculiar patterns and designs, like a gigantic, extraterrestrial sheet of Braille. We could see no other feature. But after about 30 minutes of close inspection and careful probing, we found a way in: a tiny glyph at once side gently responded to touch. A large circle which was not there before swirled open, like an iris, and a very faint stream of air rushed out past us. Was the inside of the ship already decompressed or did these “things” not even breathe air?

“We’re going in,” my stressed voice echoed through the radio transmitter to the unlucky crewman we had left behind. At that moment, I realized I wasn’t sure anymore who the unlucky one was. And with a last glance toward my ship and a wave of the hand, we disappeared one by one into the opening.

The circle closed behind us without a sound. The radios went dead. Our suits’ auto-lights never turned on. They did not even respond to our frantic and forceful pressing, squeezing and cursing, as the unnaturally black darkness quickly swelled and swallowed us whole.

-  To be continued -

Edited by Hadronox

For some reason i can't post forum links from the upload site. I hope this is okay too. Also i'm not a native english speaker so it's full of errors. Have fun.

Ghost ship.

A ship drifts through space. Silent, but still alight. No communication, no bio-signatures, not even the signal of proxies. As if nobody had ever been on board, but somehow it's there. Even in these dark times, a ghost ship is a dark omen. Someone needs to go onboard and seek answers, but only someone foolish would do so. The Lotus knows her fools. Manipulators, tricksters, cowards, thiefs and liars, all of them. But still loyal to their fellow Tenno even into death. They will go if she orders them.

http://imageshack.com/a/img547/3361/fk0.bmp

And so the jester enters the scene. A lone Loki, send in place of a whole cell. He enters, wrapped in his cloak and observes the scenery. The cameras are still active, the corridors filled with cargo left untouched and no sign of a fight. He drops his cloak and beginns to move. Silently going through the corridors, always observant, always ready to run. He has walked familiar corridors before. Usualy filled with enemies who had only one goal in mind, to bring his kind down. But now there was no sight or sound of them. The Loki stays silent and seeks a terminal for answers. The ship had once a crew, always bussy, writing their reports and doing their job. Then one day their lifes ended and only one entry reports it. A survivor?

http://imageshack.com/a/img33/8195/g66.bmp

He leaves the terminal and follows the clues. But what he finds is just a dead men. He ran away from a shadow that has slain his comrades and he died alone, too scared to even move. The Loki lifts his helmet, ignoring his frozen face and extracts a recorder from it. The fool decides he has what he needs and leaves.

http://imageshack.com/a/img32/2417/zhr.bmp

Still moving silent and carefull through the dead halls, he is almost to his goal, when he feels the presence of the shadow moving closeby. It's not the black hunter. The Loki has encountered him before and carries his knives as trophies. This was something else, something familiar yet unknown. In the corner of his vision the Loki sees something black with a golden crown and in the corner of the shadow's vision it sees a Loki. He runs and the shadow follows.

http://imageshack.com/a/img23/7933/cvx.bmp

The fool does not fight. So he keeps runing through the hallways, planning his exist. He cloaks and distracts, to gain valuable seconds. The chase goes on, until there is only a dead end left. No escape, just a window to the empty space. The shadow arrives and stands in the darkness curious about it's prey. Proud and without fear the Loki stands there facing the shadow. One arm stretched out as if to greet it. Something is glittering in his palm. It's one of the black hunters knives. It finds it's target swiftly and breaks the glass.

Holding himself against a pillar he sees the Liset arriving and feels the shadow closing in. He jumps, holding on his lifeboat and escapes. Leaving the ghost to it's ship.

Edited by Othergrunty

清掃戦士ウォーバン

クローン軍団による圧倒的な軍事力を誇るグリニア帝国に、

凄まじい科学技術を保有するカルト企業コーパス

彼らは片っ端から物や人を汚染して取り込み、勢力を拡大し続ける感染体の存在に頭を悩ませていた。

そんな時、ふらりと現れた一人のTennoがいた…

DUAL ETHERが風を切る! 

はこびる汚れをDETRONが落とす! 

しつこい雑菌はPENTAで爆発殺菌!

その白い姿はまさに清掃員!

Fo6HpL2.png

清掃戦士ウォーバン、只今参上!

○月×日 

今日の彼はカルト企業コーパス幹部の一人、Sergeant Nef Anyoの指令を受けて動いていた。

8UEUaEx.png

彼の命令を要約するとこのような感じになる

「船が感染体に乗っ取られてしまって大変なのだよ、10000Cr渡すからなんとかしてくれたまえ」

何と言う暴挙! たしかに10000Crでは平時では考えられぬ給与ではある、

だが敵は無数の感染体、いくら命が有っても足りぬと言うのにこの報酬ではあまりにも釣り合わない!

しかしそれでも彼は行く、清掃戦士として汚れを掃除するために…!

彼がDUAL ETHERを振って加速しながら現場に向かうと、既に戦闘が始まっていた。

今日、共に感染体と戦うのは彼以上の安月給で命がけの仕事をさせられるクルーマン達だ。

後モアやオスプレイが少々

彼は不幸なクルーマン達に同情しつつも戦闘に加わる、

迫りくる感染体たちを、クルーマン達やモアの火器が、彼のPENTAとDETRONが迎え撃つ!

クルーマン達のDERAからレーザーが迸る!

チャージャーの爪がクルーマンやモアを切り裂く!

エンシェントのチョップでモアが破壊される!

彼のDETRONがチャージャーを物理的に殺菌!

vr27x5w.png

戦場はとても混沌としている、

もしもAlad VとかがZANUKA無しで巻き込まれようものなら一瞬で黒焦げになっていることだろう。

プロッドクルーマンがPROVAを振るう!

ランナーが自爆する!

フュージョンモアのレーザーがチャージャーを切り裂く!

彼のPENTAがエンシェントを焼却殺菌!

しばらくしてフロアの感染体が全滅したが、もう一つのフロアにはまだ感染体が沢山残っている

彼は何も言わず真っ先にそのフロアに飛び込こんだ

別のフロアに移動した先に大量の感染体だ、そのすべてが彼に向って突っ込んで来た!

だが後ろからもコーパスの増援がやってくる、クルーマンとモア達の援護射撃!

プロッドクルーマンがPROVAを片手に無謀な突撃を仕掛ける!

彼のPENTAとDETRONが唸りを上げる!

そして…!

戦闘が終わった後、そこに残っていたのは一機のオスプレイと彼だけだった

今日もまた多くの命が失われた、安月給ながらも必死に戦ったクルーマン達に

汚染され、感染体となった者達…

xijUZyG.png

一機のオスプレイが、彼らの死を悼むかのように飛び去って行った

明日も彼は割に逢わぬ報酬で感染体との戦いに赴くだろう

彼の目指す未来は果てしなく遠く、敵はあまりにも強大だ

それでも彼は戦い続ける、何故ならそれは彼が清掃戦士だからだ

全ての汚れを落とすまで、彼の戦いは続くのだ

今日も明日もまた、DUAL ETHERが風を切り、DETRONの銃口が輝き、PENTAの轟音が宇宙に響き渡る

戦え、清掃戦士ウォーバン! 

宇宙が綺麗になるその日まで!

後日、Sergeant Nef Anyoの管理する基地にてなぜか爆発事故が発生

RiNyraa.png

Sergeant Nef Anyoが、なぜか全身大やけどの重傷を負った状態で発見された

原因は判明していない

Here is my submission. The website didn't want .jpg images so I couldn't put them here but I put it on a google document (link https://docs.google.com/a/csah.bcsc.k12.in.us/document/d/1lSE9UTV8h_j6iOagiPxv3jRvWX7JTF1Z0so1eFx3mPQ/edit ) if you fine folk actually want to see it plus a little something at the end. I hope you guys enjoy my submission! (595 words, sorry!)

A RHINO'S WILL

My name, is Rhino. I have served the Lotus for nearly a millennium. I have treaded the dark halls of a Corpus ship, plagued by the infestation that haunts the corpses of the fallen. I have stomped on a thousand Grineer skulls. I have eliminated many generals that ripped the Warframe off of one of my brothers and sisters and used it as their own. I have seen my brethren fall to the Corpus scum that create abominations of us. But I have not seen the beginning, the tragedy that started this damned war. I have asked my brothers and sisters, but they turn their heads. The Lotus refuses to tell me of the origins of this deep hatred and I must have answers. The high ranking generals of the Grineer arsenal did not tell me, even on the brink of death, life slipping away from their corpses. My thirst for this knowledge grows as the years pass.

The Lotus has whisked me onto another ship, the same mission as every other. “Eliminate him, he has stolen our brother!” the Lotus screams. As every other ship, I cloaked my body and the floors with the blood of the fallen. I found the general responsible of this crime; General Kyro. I strode towards him with hatred, bullets bouncing off of my impenetrable shell. I thrust my hand onto his throat and flung him forward, into a wall. I whipped my Strun out of its holster and shot his face, gore covering his body and the wall. A data-tome sprouted from his pouch. “Good work, Rhino. Return when you have fed well,” the Lotus whispers into my ears. I tingled with satisfaction and grabbed the tome. I accessed its database and began to read its contents.

Entry Start. The Warframe, an exoskeleton created for assassins that serve the Lotus, can vary in many different forms. The Warframe was originally created long ago when the Grineer were a rising threat to galaxy. The first Warframe was Cyclops, an extremely strong Warframe similar to the Rhino Warframe. When facing the Grineer, it could withstand thousands upon thousands of bullets before getting scratched. This had put the Grineer in a desperate state and they created various weapons in an attempt to pierce the shell of Cyclops. As the Grineer were doing so, the Lotus was manufacturing the next Warframe, Helix. This Warframe, unlike Cyclops, was a very agile, silent Warframe. Before being discovered by the Grineer, Helix destroyed nearly a thousand ships. The Lotus, by this time, had created yet another Warframe to overwhelm the Grineer armada. Excalibur. The Lotus knew it was the time to strike and with all of her confidence, she ordered Cyclops, Excalibur, and Helix to take the fight to the core; the Grineer home galaxy, the Milky Way. The three assassins boarded Earth, the planet the Grineer originated, and began their assault. End entry.

I returned to the Lotus with this knowledge. She had not been pleased with my findings. “Times of war are no times for questions, Rhino. Discard this information and continue your work.” I was determined, the Lotus wanted me to never learn of this and she did not want me to know how it ended. Entries of Cyclops and Helix have never been entered and only Excalibur remained. “Excalibur, I need to get answers, my brother,” I asked. He began to walk away but had stopped and looked back. “You will get your answers soon, Rhino. When we return to the place of origin, all of your questions will be answers.”

Edited by Deth_Meth

DIAMONDS IN ICE

In the cold wasteland of Neptune, a crashed derelict ship sits at the back on the icy terrain of Mt.Azhur. The cold wind blew heavy as the sound echoed throughout the dark horizon. No signs of life detected on the mountain, except for one that flickers at the top. A cryopod slowly losing its energy to support the Tenno inside. With low on power the cryopod burst releasing the Tenno in an exhausted state. The Tenno is dazed and confused not sure either he’s alive or dead. The cold atmosphere grasp within his warframe, disabling the recharge of his shields and slowly draining his own energy. By then he knew that he is still alive and he is not willing to submit to the cold. With his strength of will he stood up using the last of his energy to keep the cold out.

He walked silently nearing the derelict ship looking for movement or hostile intentions. After entering the he tried using the last of the power supply to pinpoint his location and detect the nearest station either friendly or hostile. The computer identified movement and electrical signals at the southeast direction but before it could give the accurate distance the power was cut off. As he has no other option, he gathered what gear and supplies he could find and then walked down the mountain with zero visibility. A storm was raging keeping anything within five feet coated with obscurity. Taking on chance he kept moving forward, shrugging the thought that the next step might be a shortcut straight down to oblivion.

The hours turned to days and his strength is fading fast. He started hallucinating the time before the crash. The time when he can sit peacefully by the garden and meditate. His iron skin broke and he fell to the snow. Looking at the distance ahead he saw a light. “Is this the end?” he said to himself while his vision is starting to fade. The storm slowly moves away and the light came closer and closer. Then he felt something, a familiar sting that reminded him of battles that has come and gone. “It’s the corpus!” a voice cried in his head. Corpus crew men found him as a threat not knowing his current condition and started firing. The situation quickly shifted to an all-out shooting. With this in mind it quickly triggered his inner rage and roared. He got up using his arsenal to lay waste to all corpus in his path. One by one they fall as the sparks and metal painted the snow with darkish hue. Explosions recoiled throughout surface ripping the ground apart.

His warframe took heavy damage but was still intact. After a few minutes it ended. Silence filled the station dead corpus crewmen and parts of shattered machine are everywhere. All his energy was drained from the fight so he walked towards the mainframe. Sending a message to space to whoever can hear “Rhino, requesting for pickup.”

Edited by Xerophm

Badlands

gINgTcp.jpg

The Badlands. We had all heard the legends of lands yielding 
remarkable treasures, yet no Tenno had ever laid eyes upon them. As we 
delved deeper into the canyon, I had no idea of the trials that lay 
ahead of me, but I knew one thing. The Grineer; they were nothing to 
us that day but meat and riches.

hOkiBjc.jpg

It was only when the sands became silent, we realised that our communications 
had reached a matching state and that there was no escaping this 
valley of death, this canyon of searing hell. We lay trapped for an 
eternity, but I would not bow to death. I am stronger than that. I embrace 
the Tenno strength and the willpower to do what it takes to retrieve 
these treasures. No challenge too dangerous, no foe too tough. Grineer 
and Tenno alike became a baggage; a baggage I was willing to shed. For 
the Lotus; it must be so.

dlZV6xw.png

Atop a peak, I peered into the now still chasm of the Badlands, their 
treasures an unimaginable burden soaked with the blood money of others. 
I had overcome brother, sister, fire, ice. I had braved sand and 
stone. Carved flesh and bone. Faced quakes and storms. I was strong. I 
embodied the warrior-god spirit. I 'am' the Tenno, representing the 
ability to overcome all, yet trapped in this twisted landscape, atop a 
lonely peak. I found myself finally uttering but a few words:
"Lotus. Lotus, why can't I leave this place?"

F1CDSop.png

Only atop this peak could the wisdom reach me. Only atop this peak and only
in this valley could I become enlightened. The Lotus spoke:
"Tenno, pay no mind to the Grineer battle, we must extract you.
This task will take a lot more than words and weapons and anger and muscle. 
You and your Tenno brethren must reassemble to forge a new Solar Rail and escape this hell. 
Only through your combined power can you master the Tenno arts and continue to rise. Only 
through complete synergy shall you return from the Badlands."

9oAzMMk.jpg

These words echoed through me, disgusting me, condemning me to my 
fate. By my doing and by the will of my dead brethren shall I forever
walk these Badlands. I understand now what makes a Tenno strong. I 
understand now that Unity above all else is the ultimate triumph. I 
understand now why I must remain rather than return. I understand now 
what this place is capable of doing to the Tenno. I understand. I undertand
and hope that whatever respect I can earn now will lie dormant beneath the
sand with my corpse.

A belated valentines day story of love on the battlefield
107 words.

When I awoke I remembered the secrets of blade and gun, and I remembered still another secret.

We Tenno are supposed to be stoic warriors, our bodies begin with the Warframe and our weapons are our limbs.

My secret was another.

We have sworn off everything to become the greatest of warriors, but there is one thing I cannot.

There our whispers that our Clan has been discovered, their cryopods unearthed.

I set out to find my friend, my companion.

It was said there was word for what I felt from old earth, but even that has been lost.
2014-02-19_00002_zps61632a63.jpg

After the long sleep, will they remember me?

He walked down the corridor with a Tech unit, still thinking of Project Tethra. All was in place and ready, awaiting the board's command. He entered a room, much larger than the corridor. He was not concerned of the Tenno or Grineer, the Hyena pack on the ship was sure to fend off any Tenno and Grineer invaders, likely the latter, as the Grineer have been invading their territory lately claiming it as theirs. However, as confident as he was feeling about the Hyena pack and Corpus units defending the ship, something was amiss...

He slowed to a halt, looking around... usually the place was bustling with patrols, but now it was empty, and it felt as if he were being watched. He cautiously continued forward up the staircase but stopped immediately, in front of him lied the remains of some poor Corpus crewman, along with a pile of twisted scrap metal that used to be a Hyena but was no more.

Suddenly the silence around him shattered as an arrow went flying past him and found home inside his guard's head, sending them flying backwards and impaling them against the wall. He turned to see but quickly turned back around to come face to face with a Warframe. He was stunned, speechless, unable to do anything but back up away from the Warframe.

He swiftly turned and started to sprint as fast as he could to the nearest room, passing several more corpses and scrap parts. He entered the small supply room and went for the control console, locking down the room. He looked back at the entrance and saw the very same Warframe standing there, he locked himself in and had no where to run now...

The radio began hissing with static as a voice said,

"It's been a while hasn't it Frohd? Good work Tenno, now let's get the hell out of here..."

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/615027949731062557/ECE6119D35ABBBAEDB7D73338D3FDDD2B7399106/

-----------------------

around 316 words, a lot less than I had anticipated, anyway, I just figured I'll put the link to the image, sorry for not putting in that extra effort! Poor Frohd Bek, but hey, I'm sure he'll be fine and can continue with Tethra, none of this is canon after all, right?...

This is the first piece of fan fiction writing I have done, and the first writing outside of school.  This is based on how I see Volt having been brought into the ranks of the tenno.  The extended version (of which I can't enter due to word limits) might be posted later on.  I was wanting to take some of the known lore from the Excalibur codex entry, but that was one of the parts that got cut.

The origins of Volt.

In a dark cell, lit only by the on-looking eyes of the stars, Maxime Voltaire pondered his fate.  The Grineer hated him for resisting their dominance of his home planet, and now the Corpus had captured him after finding him riffling through their armoury, searching for resistance weapons.  Something about the Corpus' electrical based weapons always seemed to captivate Voltaire.  The fact he needed to steal them from the merchant cult was an afterthought, and no matter how little he had thought about it first, he now had all the time he thought he could need.  A sharp pain shot through his neck, a reminder of the collar the Corpus used to control him, dropping him to his knees as his muscles convulsed, unsure of how to cope with the strange sensation erupting through them.  The door of Voltaire's cell opened, and a giant of a man walked in, dragged him by his arms, and led him out into the corridor.

yKxtePk.png

The bright light blinded Voltaire as the Corpus council began examining him.  A mixed sense of anger and intrigue radiated from their deep selfish eyes, as the decision to his fate was agreed upon.  "For crimes against the High Corpus Merchant Council, not withstanding previous convictions of murder and theft passed down by his home city, Maxime Voltaire is sentenced to death for stealing, and insulting the leaders of the solar rail."  There was no sadness in the judge's voice, just a longing for the outcome to be at hand.  Voltaire dropped his head in acceptance of the inevitable.  The reaper was ready to claim his debt.  As the guard stepped forward to bring Voltaire to a stand, an arrow pierced through his helmet, leaving only a small break in the glass wall where it had entered.  Seizing his chance, Voltaire rolled to his left and grabbed the guards Prova from the its holster, swivelling on his heel to turn and face any approaching enemies.  All he saw were the bodies of corpus with blade wounds dripping blood from their necks and faces.  A small pillar of smoke emerged from the shadows, silhouetted by the brown, battle worn armour of Ash.

After the harsh, jagged appearance of the corpus, Voltaire was soothed by the curved artistic image of the lotus.  "You have shown great promise in self awareness and combat skills Maxime Voltaire.  We are offering you a means of living, to fight alongside brothers.  All we need, is for you to undertake a journey and retrieve an artefact of great importance for us."  "And what is in it for me" replied Voltaire.  "A chance to prove yourself, and give direction to your wanderings".  Voltaire relaxed.  His head rose so his eyes meet with the lotus.  "And where will this journey take me?"  The final words of the lotus would be a warning for the rest of his life.  "Into the Void".

73uj.jpg

Tenno ID: Charlie Lima Uniform Bravo 625

Warframe Codename: LOKI

Kelevra Faction

Last surviving member of Squad Delta Six

Day 30 since Vivification

We were sent out to Eris for a search and destroy mission on an old Grineer Outpost 2 days ago. Since our victory over the Grineer in the Ciscero Crisis they have begun pulling in their resources leaving these secluded outposts vulnerable and ripe for decimation. Although our squad was still considered popsicles (A name for any Tenno under 60 days of Vivification) we had spent a great deal of time on the front lines fighting the Grineer Marines. We were considered prime candidates to carry out this operation. The plan was to take a small ship and infiltrate the outpost, destroy the reactor, and leave before the Grineer warships blockade access to the sector. The infiltration was easy but what we found we weren’t ready for…

6ems.jpg

Enemy Codename: Phorid
We were debriefed on the horrors of the infested but no training could have prepared us for this beast. We were overrun in an instant. Its crippling scream fazed our shields leaving us exposed to the infested horde. We refused to go down without a fight.

But in the end we did not win...

And I saw my squad dragged off

one

by one

until only I remained…

Phorid called out to me and began to close in…

mju7.jpg

I was on my last leg I knew if I didn’t escape I would face the same fate as my team. I had just enough power in my systems to render myself invisible and took to the air ducts. Over the last two days I have survived, plotting my vengeance and now I have an opportunity to strike. I have discovered that the infested enter a lethargic state when there is a lack of stimuli; Phorid is no exception and since the outpost has entered a sort of quarantine state nothing has aroused them. I must act quickly only have a couple minutes before they reawaken. Phorid has positioned itself beneath me, now is my time to act.

As I dropped from the ceiling

I drew my sword

and without a sound...

iw3x.jpg

My Galatine severed Phorid’s body and the beast was slain.

Silently I carried out my mission and proceeded to extraction. 

rfwc.jpg

As I waited for the ship I felt as though my squad was waiting for me on the other side.
I called out to our Keeper...
Lotus! 
K.I.A. ENTRY:
Tenno ID: Sierra Oscar Uniform Lima 129
Warfame Codename: FROST
Tenno ID:  Sierra Papa Alpha Delta Echo 482
Warframe Codename: RHINO
Tenno ID: Alpha Charle Echo 989
Warframe Codename: EXCALIBUR
End K.I.A Entry
I waited a moment and then called out
Lotus!
Ready for Reassignment…

First off, I'd like to apologize for no screenshots. My codex is neither filled enough, nor is there an infested alert going on on any Corpus planet or ship nodes (hint hint).

That being said, my idea is not simply a lore entry but a whole event for the community. Read on to understand. I present to you...Fateweaver.

Fateweaver
"Tenno. I...I am unsure. The balance of the galaxy has been tipped. By our own hands. It should not have happened. Yet between The atrocities of Alad V and the disturbing information you brought to me from your run in with Frohd Bek, I couldn't in good conscience hold you back from your hatred. I am in no position to tell you how to react to the slaughter of your people.
But we have gone too far. The Corpus are on their last legs, with only Venus, Jupiter, Europa, and Pluto remaining as the last bastions of their entire population.
So often we forget the civilians of this galaxy, those caught in our crossfire. Not all of them are innocent, but they do not threaten the balance, only ourselves. For that, we cannot fault them.
But now we have a problem....No. An impasse. Their last bastions are under assault. The Infested have began folding out of the Void, directly into Corpus defensive forces. The Corpus were preparing, but not for this. What's more is that the infested seem to be specifically targeting ships with Corpus scientists and civilians aboard. I need not elaborate, but the bloodshed has been great. They have called for our aid.
However...these same scientists are the ones who are heading up the development of Project Tethra (your friend Darvo has proven his usefulness to our cause after all with this information).
What's worse are the reports we've stolen from Grineer datacenters. Tyl Rygor is responsible for stirring the Infested up. He has somehow developed a method for agitating them into attacking anything by his "command."
Tenno, I am unsure of how you should proceed. I cannot deny you your hatred of the Corpus, but to shun their pleas for our help would ensure their destruction. However, Rygor cannot simply be ignored. That he possesses the technology to use the Infested to his own ends means that he has become one of the most dangerous men in the galaxy.
I leave it to you to decide what you do next. The fate of the Corpus rests in your hands. 
But I cannot shake the feeling that the fate of the galaxy hangs on your actions as well..."

(I started writing this before I found out about the word limit. It took some trimming, but it is exactly 500 words.)

“This will be a blast,” remarked the first assassin.

“Real cute,” the other replied, “you sure you know how to work these things?”

“Come on, man – my suits got us this far, I think I can handle a few explosives.”

The two were Leo and James, an assassin duo famous for playing tricks and pranks on their quarry before they killed them. Although skeptical of their methods at first, employers quickly found it difficult to argue with their efficiency. James was an expert with ballistics and projectiles of any kind and Leo was the mastermind. He organized the majority of their tricks and operations. He even “borrowed” a couple of warframe prototypes, modifying their abilities to better suit their preference for deception and trickery. They had named this model “Loki”, often joking that the god of mischief must be their patron.

Their target this time was Avexus Nera, a Corpus engineer who was coming close to replicating the warframe technology for himself. They were rigging a series of explosions to go off to the tune of “The Funeral March”, with the final explosion blowing out the floor of Avexus’s lab, dropping him into their midst, at which point they would promptly put an end to his research.

“But you’ve been reverse-engineering Orokin tech for years,” James noted, “you’ve only been playing with bombs for a few weeks,”

“Once you strip ‘em down to the wires, they’re practically the same thing. Besides, if you didn’t trust me, you wouldn’t have come here in the first place.”

“Or I’m just a special breed of psychotic.”

“We both are, J. How do you think we got this far? You got those pokers of yours ready? They’re going to know we’re here once these go off.”

“You ought to show my knives a little more respect; they’ve saved your hide more than once.”

Don’t even make me count the number of times that I’ve ----“

He was cut short by the alarmed mumbles of a crewman behind them, apparently on an impromptu patrol. Leo hadn’t even fully turned around before James had a knife in the meddler’s skull.

“You think he tripped the alarm?” Leo asked.

His question was answered by a blaring sound from the facility’s speakers.

“I think it’s a safe bet,” James remarked.

“Get into position; it’s now or never!” Leo told him.

“Right.”

With efficiency the military would envy, they got into their respective covers. Leo did a quick countdown and hit the detonator.

Next thing he knew, Leo was waking up. He wasn’t sure how long he was unconscious. It couldn’t have been very long since the alarms were still going and they hadn’t been found.

“J, you alright?” He whispered, “J?”

He crept over to where James had been taking cover. Leo stood there, staring. Limp on the ground, with a rubedo beam impaling him ear to ear, was James.

Leo knew he would never forget that image of his partner.

He knew he didn’t deserve to.

(I'm a forum noob and I don't know how to directly post a screenshot, so here's a link)

http://imgur.com/62vdKVZ