Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Melee 2.0 Anticipation Megathread

gaurdianaq

Finally saw the latest devstream off youtube, and I'm loving what I see of Melee 2.0. If what they said about going through Pluto using only a Skana is true, it may just make melee a force to be reckoned with.

However, one controversial area in the stream is the apparent removal of Charged attacks, which will instead be supplanted by the Melee Channeling system. While the Melee Channeling system looks awesome, there's still the question of what these changes will mean for certain weapons. And the weapon I'm most interested at is the Galatine.

The Galatine of course is our favorite oversized zweihander that holds the distinction of having the highest charged attack damage at the cost of normal damage. This is a weapon that uses its charged attack as its signature move, cleaving multiple enemies in a single strike.

With Melee 2.0 and the removal of charged attacks though, I'm wondering just how the Galatine will be balanced, and how it fits into the overall scheme of Melee 2.0. Will it get a buff to its normal attack to compensate for no longer being king of charged attacks now?

I think it will stay the same... That Normal attacks in Stance are normal attacks, and Charge attacks in stance are charge attacks...

And like they said ...this is a ''Dev Build''

But from what i understood... Melee 2.0 will be involved more into ''normal attacks'' rather than ''i use this melee cuz of its charge attack''

Just wait for release.

I'm pretty sure they will keep the Galatine is a slow beast, or buff it.

In a earlier Devstream, I cannot remember which, we saw animations for the Galatine, probely one of the first they fixed for Melee 2.0, so it aint forgotten.