Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Nerf/buff Did Exactly The Opposite Of What De Wanted

-CM-Sean

So the complaint was supposedly that people sit there and press three, go get a bag of chips and press three?  i used to remember frosts would press three over a pod and then had a chance of coming out of the area to do some damage and maybe do an avalanche cc, shoot, save teammates etc.

NOW: If a frost ever dares to play a defense mission such a the popular xini, he is bound (or expected) to stay right on top of the pod pressing 3 over and over since its like soap bubble now.  NOT only does he not get to play, he is actually kinda forced to press 3 over and over to accomplish the same goal he used to if even close to it.  and stuck in a stationary position.  i tried playing frost over and over again since the change, hi avalanche is not much better than before, and i no longer consider him a tank. hell zephyr is a much better tank then frost right now she can stay on top of the pod (pop a turbulance with max range and max duration) and and atleast shoot stuff and get over 1k of health and shields.  lol

So good job DE on making Frost more versatile.  Now i can't even go get chips while i press 3!!!  Whoever used to just press three and not shoot things as a frost must have played another warframe game, cause every frost i used to see, they would press three and then shoot things, do an avalanche, freeze, ice wave for some cc.

The trick with the new Snowglobe is to actually kill things so it doesn't take as much damage.

Crazy, I know.

in that case....why not taking a warframe that can kill twice as fast as frost....and stop them from reaching the pod..

You have to admit, Frost is pretty much dead at his current state. Whatever he can do, another warframe will do a better job.

Unlike you, I seem to have no such trouble with my Frost. I pop 3, run out, annihilate the entire wave and get back to my "camping" spot within a few minutes.

wow within a few minutes? you must have a new duration and strength mod i don't' know about. why is it taking you minutes to kill things also?

Edited by SeanSK

in that case....why not taking a warframe that can kill twice as fast as frost....and stop them from reaching the pod..

You have to admit, Frost is pretty much dead at his current state. Whatever he can do, another warframe will do a better job.

So true, at lower level an ember spamming 4 is more effective, and at higher level who would use frost now....

Edited by LazyKnight

What the changes did, was turn frost from a one-trick pony into a Frame with options. Globe is gimped, I will give you that, but avalanche freezes EVERYTHING in its radius for a good 5 seconds before letting them shatter, during which time, enemies are held perfectly still, ready for a bullet to the Brain.

Likewise, ice wave deals a nice amount of damage, and freezes all the things in front of you.

Problem is that you're trying to play Frost like the old Frost. He's not good at that anymore, if you want to play that way, grab Zephyr or Nyx.

His skill set is more versatile now, and the goal isn't to keep snow globe up anymore.

The broader problem here is that the only frames that anyone considers 'good' are the ones that have a single skill (usually on the 4 key) that snaps the game in half any time you press it.

So the complaint was supposedly that people sit there and press three, go get a bag of chips and press three?  i used to remember frosts would press three over a pod and then had a chance of coming out of the area to do some damage and maybe do an avalanche cc, shoot, save teammates etc.

NOW: If a frost ever dares to play a defense mission such a the popular xini, he is bound (or expected) to stay right on top of the pod pressing 3 over and over since its like soap bubble now.  NOT only does he not get to play, he is actually kinda forced to press 3 over and over to accomplish the same goal he used to if even close to it.  and stuck in a stationary position.  i tried playing frost over and over again since the change, hi avalanche is not much better than before, and i no longer consider him a tank. hell zephyr is a much better tank then frost right now she can stay on top of the pod (pop a turbulance with max range and max duration) and and atleast shoot stuff and get over 1k of health and shields.  lol

So good job DE on making Frost more versatile.  Now i can't even go get chips while i press 3!!!  Whoever used to just press three and not shoot things as a frost must have played another warframe game, cause every frost i used to see, they would press three and then shoot things, do an avalanche, freeze, ice wave for some cc.

At least you dont go Outer terminus yet (i guess)

If you STILL use SG, stay in the same place and not any fun will be your destiny.

If you dont use SG, why you go with Frost in a Defense Mission? (Fun aside)

What the changes did, was turn frost from a one-trick pony into a Frame with options. Globe is gimped, I will give you that, but avalanche freezes EVERYTHING in its radius for a good 5 seconds before letting them shatter, during which time, enemies are held perfectly still, ready for a bullet to the Brain.

Likewise, ice wave deals a nice amount of damage, and freezes all the things in front of you.

who said frost was a one trick pony??? whoever used frost just for the snowglobe must have been dumb i had icewave and avalanche still equipped on my frost and used them frequently.  Again I ask not, How is frost better than any other frame out there, what can he do that others cannot do?  How is he still a tank???  I mean who needs cold damage??? when you have many other frames that do better types of damage such as viral electric, magnetic, raditaiont, etc.

So, wait. The complaint is that you actually have to do something now? lol...

My complaint is actually the exact opposite.  If you read carefully frost was more versatile before.  I don't understand how boosting his damage a little makes him more "into the action" he is still slow, and to protect the cryopod if at all even possible he must stay in the same place spamming his 3.  i mean what is the use of SG anyways? and now he has lost his tanking ability.  his offensive ability is not even that great. When I went in with a team for defense I assumed the position of a defensive frame as frost, it did NOT mean I kept pressing 3 and doing nothing else. infact i did a ton of damage too.  Now to fill the same role with the snow globe if at all possible i must STAY in the same area pressing 3 evey few seconds ( on a higher tier defense like outer terminus) until i run out of energy.  Forget going solo with him on any defensive mission. So I ask again, what can Frost do that other frames cannot do, or do better.

Problem is that you're trying to play Frost like the old Frost. He's not good at that anymore, if you want to play that way, grab Zephyr or Nyx.

His skill set is more versatile now, and the goal isn't to keep snow globe up anymore.

The broader problem here is that the only frames that anyone considers 'good' are the ones that have a single skill (usually on the 4 key) that snaps the game in half any time you press it.

Exactly i  was just saying zephyr with turbulence is a much better tank than frost now.   HOW THE HECK IS HIS SKILL SET MORE VERSATILE? its the same crap with a little damage added to it!!!  NERFING A good skill does not automatically make other skills better.  He already had those skills and they worked fine.  Again I ask, what can frost do that other frames cannot do, or do better?

Edited by SeanSK

All they nees to do to fix frost is

Freeze; give it a small cone aoe or aoe around the main target

Avalanche provide a proper cc freeze all targets for 8 secs go round using it and it breaks less than 5 secs if the enemy are not dead

Snowglobe: reMove the timer, stop all damage from entering the globe including napalms, increase base hp and maybe increase the slow the bigger the globe gets

Or: give it the same base hp but give it damage reduction to the globe including the the items above

When the globe dies it breaks into pices slowing/freezing targets the closer they are to the globe

What likely occured during this nerf buff was this:

DEstaff1: what if snow globe operated like iron skin?

DEstaff2: man that is awesome, iron skin is OP

Destaff1; Snowglobe is now OP.

Testing it never began.

List of frames that will completely replace frost for outer terminus+:

Mag- Crush CC, and Shield Polarize heals the pod's shield.

Zephyr- Ult basically roams and CC's anything in its path, hard to control, but her mobility and general ability to actually body block with her shield helps.

Rhino- stomp near pod, instant relief to pod, kill floating enemies

Vauban- Bastille or Vortex (use loki + vortex to just laugh all day at the helpless mass of enemies)

Loki- radial disarm turn all enemies into infested behaving melee types.

/Cut

Volt - Drop electric shield on the side where most of the fire is coming from.

And I remember when people used to call electric shield "poor man's snowglobe". Where is your god now :)

OnT: I like the new snowglobe mechanics tbh. If you really find it lacking create a caster frost. Avalanche is great CC, especially in combo with stomp

The problem is that frost was the go-to defense frame when enemies became so powerful and so durable that you could not kill them en-masse by waving your gun casually in their direction.  Anybody saying "lol lern2play it shouldn't take you minutes to kill enemies" has never experienced the kind of situation that Frost was actually good at, that being the situation where firepower stops being the solution to everything.  When your position is being attacked by a platoon of level 100 corrupted heavy gunners or Napalms or something, you are DEAD if they aren't neutralized in some way. They simply have too much armor, too many hitpoints, and too much gun to go to toe with them.  Frost offered the defensive neutralization option, by negating their firepower and giving the team a safe place to fight from.  The warframes that veterans love and call the best are the ones that offer the potential to fight enemies regardless of their numbers or levels;  that would be Trinity, Loki, Nyx, and Nova.  By attaching a number to Snow Globe, you give it a level cap, and that level cap is below the point at which Snow Globe actually started being the killer app that people needed since an enemy horde powerful enough to need to hide from them is going to rip down your Globe in seconds.

I tried Frost a little bit after the change. He was a one trick pony before, now he's a no trick pony. He's obscenely slow, none of his attack abilities are better than other frames, and he lacks a level-agnostic "uber" which was his only saving grace.

Edited by Momaw

Using Ice wave currently is gimping you out of energy for Avalanche which is almost universally better in just about every case you need an AoE damage skill for. Not say it isn't a really awesome skill, cause it is, but Avalanche just outclasses it entirely. It's kind of a weird state. 

He's a 1 trick pony still, and it's not even the trick he's supposed to be pulling off.