Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We Ever Going To Get A Gunblade?

Deidaku

I think i have a good idea for this topic. LETS HAVE HEAVY CALIBER SNIPER SCYTHES and GUNSWORDS. but you are only allowed 15 mods in a gun and thats melee+primary=15 slots. 5 slots downfall for using that gun. It would balance guns. AND NOPE. Melee elemental doesnt carry over to primary elemental... LETS HAVE SNIPER SCYTHE!

why stupid?? i'm not going to explain why there are much stupider things in this game again but why stupid? We have a slime gun....

Well, as the Man At Arms youtube channel is prone to say... since they actually build fantasy weapons suggested by viewers...

The FF8-style gunblade is stupid. You either have a pistol, with an extremely heavy blade attached to it (good luck aiming with it), or you have a sword with the world's worst handle to hold a sword.

Pistol-grips aren't meant for swords. A 8-pound long sword blade is going to turn any one-handed pistol into a 8.5-pound paper weight.

It's stupid. Either get yourself a gun, or a sword, or put a small sword (bayonet) on the end of your gun.

EDIT: And if by some chance you need me to back this statement up, here's a link to Spoony's review of FF8, part 1. Go to about 6:30, where he talks about the redunkulousness of the "Gunblade": http://spoonyexperiment.com/game-reviews/final-fantasy-viii-review-part-1/

Edited by Salenstormwing

I see , but I have an Idea, the PSO gunblade has a major disadvantage to balance it : you can't block  with it or blocking is less effective, zfter all it is a weapons to maintain an offensive output whatever the range

.....well the answer to that is kinda obvious isn't it? We never block in here so that's not really a counterbalance

As much as I'm having fun with the Ogris, I maintain it's not a good fit for a player-obtained weapon. Space ninjas really shouldn't have rocket launchers.

The Phage gets a pass because it's a living weapon, and I have a soft spot for those.

oIfzONr.png

Firearms and flamethrowers and grenades seem pretty darn common

Wouldn't having gunblades in a game where you bring guns and melee all the time be cheating? And don't get me wrong, I do like gunblades, but I just think that in this kind of setting it would feel like cheating, or at least it is for me, does anyone else feel the same?

gun-blade

Gun = primary slot

Blade = melee slot

It takes up both slots.

Sorry guys, but it is most likely never ever going to happen. With the weapons being in three seperate and distinct categories, you're never going to see something that is both a melee and secondary weapon.

Just think about issues like how would you mod it? What mods would it take?

Sorry guys, but it is most likely never ever going to happen. With the weapons being in three seperate and distinct categories, you're never going to see something that is both a melee and secondary weapon.

Programming wise its possible. You will just see two of the weapon in the Arsenal so you can mod the melee part separately, and the primary part too.

It isn't that big of an issue , It 's a secondary that can act as a melee , since the opossite already exists ( glaive , kestrel)  , so like a previous post said a gun with a melee function as an alt fire to switch

It isn't that big of an issue , It 's a secondary that can act as a melee , since the opossite already exists ( glaive , kestrel)  , so like a previous post said a gun with a melee function as an alt fire to switch

That's not the same. You don't use the mouse to fire the Glaive/Kestrel.

There are tons of historic examples of gunblades as far as swords/daggers+pistols, axes and muskets.  The Museum of Natural History in NYC has a permanent exhibit showcasing quite a few examples (at least I think its permanent).

Also, I use the mouse to fire kestrel.

Edited by Terrornaut

I asked one of my favorite wrestlers what he felt about getting gunblades in the game....

915701.gif

See also Glaive, Glaive Prime, and Kestrel. "Fireable" Melee weapons.

EDIT: that being said, if they could pull it off, it would be an awesome weapon.

We use a melee a primary and then a secondary and not necessarily in that order as awesome as this:

:

or this from RWBY.

18b.gif

looks I would not (well this is awesome the animation alone is dope) *welp* want it in the game. Lets stick to what we have and improve on that before we go adding gun swords. This is Warframe not any of those other games that were referenced by the OP... Final Fantasy is an RPG. Do you request parkour or 4 player online Co-op in Final Fantasy? I don't think so although maybe you should? Most likely because it would not fit the play style of Final Fantasy no matter how awesome you and I may think it would be.