lightning_battle_gif_by_jlegend83-d4bbby*

PSO2 gunblade  

pso2-saber-concept.jpg

And on a less seroius note for Rhino the manliest of frames

.... MINIGUN BUSTER SWORD

black-heaven-ad-250.jpg?1323073579

And let's go crazy Gunchucks from RWBY : A gun / BO staff/nunchuck combo 

OwFbjjR.gif

Since in melee 2.0 we'll be able to equip our melee directly , shouldn't and alternte firing mode for the sword be switching to gun mode.

Or a secondary that has a melee  alternate firing mechanic 

Thoughts?

PS : lighting's gunblade was on of the best examples I could think of I may add some other images in the future 

Edited by Deidaku

We are able to shoot our sidearm/primary and immediately hit E for a melee attack. We are living gunblades.

Melee is going to be buffed considerably , i doubt anyone will want to us th quick attack very often, hell people might even forget about it?

I sincerely hope we never have gunblades. It's a ridiculous concept and we already have quite enough of those.

Wat? I understand you don't like the idea but ridiculous? really?

We are space ninja/mercenaries/terrorists who can fly , stop time ,teleport.  resist the vaccum of space and immune to gravity , and wield Rocket launchers ,  whose only goal is to balance the cosmos aka kill anyone who doesn't give enough money or ressources..

Our enemies are : Space cancer, Clones with what seems to be space cancer, and Corporate bastards ....I mean the corpus aka the telitubbies. + All these with golden hats 

And gunblades seem ridiculous? please we have a tentacle gun.....

geez so much negativity

Edited by Deidaku

I asked one of my favorite wrestlers what he felt about getting gunblades in the game....

915701.gif

Instead of making something copywrited silly, why not something more realistic... like a gun with a blade on it. We have those you know...

airsoft_M4_bayonet.jpg

Bayonettes :D doesn't look as cool though....and gunblades aren't really copyrighted , it's like saying huge two handed swords are copyrighted

See also Glaive, Glaive Prime, and Kestrel. "Fireable" Melee weapons.

EDIT: that being said, if they could pull it off, it would be an awesome weapon.

mmmh true so they should be close quaters adaptable secondary weapons

Melee is going to be buffed considerably , i doubt anyone will want to us th quick attack very often, hell people might even forget about it?

Wat? I understand you don't like the idea but ridiculous? really?

We are space ninja/mercenaries/terrorists who can fly , stop time ,teleport.  resist the vaccum of space and immune to gravity , and wield Rocket launchers ,  whose only goal is to balance the cosmos aka kill anyone who doesn't give enough money or ressources..

Our enemies are : Space cancer, Clones with what seems to be space cancer, and Corporate bastards ....I mean the corpus aka the telitubbies. + All these with golden hats 

And gunblades seem ridiculous? please we have a tentacle gun.....

geez so much negativity

As much as I'm having fun with the Ogris, I maintain it's not a good fit for a player-obtained weapon. Space ninjas really shouldn't have rocket launchers.

The Phage gets a pass because it's a living weapon, and I have a soft spot for those.

As much as I'm having fun with the Ogris, I maintain it's not a good fit for a player-obtained weapon. Space ninjas really shouldn't have rocket launchers.

The Phage gets a pass because it's a living weapon, and I have a soft spot for those.

....it's more of a personal preference then . Even though it makes even less sense XD

Wouldn't having gunblades in a game where you bring guns and melee all the time be cheating? And don't get me wrong, I do like gunblades, but I just think that in this kind of setting it would feel like cheating, or at least it is for me, does anyone else feel the same?

Wouldn't having gunblades in a game where you bring guns and melee all the time be cheating? And don't get me wrong, I do like gunblades, but I just think that in this kind of setting it would feel like cheating, or at least it is for me, does anyone else feel the same?

Explain the cheating ..? i'm confused XD

Explain the cheating ..? i'm confused XD

Well, especially with Melee 2.0 coming up, the transition between changing into guns and melee would be like twice faster which makes countering melee enemies a cinch if you don't have to switch out for a melee, and trust me when I say I've seen how fast gunblades switch between modes

Even with our current quick-melee kind of attacks, there's still that sheathing animation before switching out back to your ranged weapons (which I figured you can "force cancel" by pressing the reload button only if your guns' ammo is still full)

Sure it would create a new style of gameplay, but it feels kinda cheaty that you're basically carrying a melee and a ranged weapon at the same time with negligible transition time....

Edited by F_deel

Instead of making something copywrited silly, why not something more realistic... like a gun with a blade on it. We have those you know...

airsoft_M4_bayonet.jpg

I'm going to take it a step further and recommend a gun that FIRES blades:

2ihrqjb.jpg

Anyway, I have to agree that a gun/sword hybrid would be redundant since we can and will be able to quick melee with our sword, unless DE wanted to turn melee into a gunbutt/bayonet stab, but I imagine hitting them with a sword or axe is much more effective.

Well, especially with Melee 2.0 coming up, the transition between changing into guns and melee would be like twice faster which makes countering melee enemies a cinch if you don't have to switch out for a melee, and trust me when I say I've seen how fast gunblades switch between modes

Even with our current quick-melee kind of attacks, there's still that sheathing animation before switching out back to your ranged weapons (which I figured you can "force cancel" by pressing the reload button only if your guns' ammo is still full)

Sure it would create a new style of gameplay, but it feels kinda cheaty that you're basically carrying a melee and a ranged weapon at the same time with negligible transition time....

I see , but I have an Idea, the PSO gunblade has a major disadvantage to balance it : you can't block  with it or blocking is less effective, zfter all it is a weapons to maintain an offensive output whatever the range

I'm going to take it a step further and recommend a gun that FIRES blades:

2ihrqjb.jpg

Anyway, I have to agree that a gun/sword hybrid would be redundant since we can and will be able to quick melee with our sword, unless DE wanted to turn melee into a gunbutt/bayonet stab, but I imagine hitting them with a sword or axe is much more effective.

Miter man...the miter

That's why I had copyright all copyright'd out. Because yeah, it might not be copyrighted, but it is stupid.

why stupid?? i'm not going to explain why there are much stupider things in this game again but why stupid? We have a slime gun....