Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We Ever Going To Get A Gunblade?

Deidaku

And the higher level they are the more that punch will hurt. Hell at ridiculous levels they can one-shot you. A melee move from an enemy generally does more damage than a bullet does for some reason... 

Its one of those video game quirks you just accept on the basis of balance. It is a risk vs. reward thing when it comes to shooters - if you are man enough to run through gunfire to punch someone, it is usually rewarded with an insta-kill!

But that doesn't stop time, only slows it.

By your argument there would be a frame that freezes time and then......what? The game would be over.

From the website : Rhino stomps with force sufficient to disrupt time, tumbling enemies around him in stasis.

You play around with the definition all you want.

Back to the OP... I hope I'm proven wrong but...I dunnoooo...

By your argument there would be a frame that freezes time and then......what? The game would be over.

You play around with the definition all you want.

Or will it? By your argument Rhino's stomp is enough to slow-down time, yet the frames and allies remain hilariously unaffected, when time is one of those things that are supposed to affect us all...? 

I'll play around a bit with that definition btw. 

From the website : Rhino stomps with force sufficient to disrupt time, tumbling enemies around him in stasis.

I read through all these and I could find nothing that states that stasis equals stopping time, nor does disrupt mean stopping time, so no. He is not a time-based frame whether you like it or not. 

Definitions of Stasis:

Its one of those video game quirks you just accept on the basis of balance. It is a risk vs. reward thing when it comes to shooters - if you are man enough to run through gunfire to punch someone, it is usually rewarded with an insta-kill!

OR! OR...! Is it because in Warframe cybernetics have actually come so far they may actually hurt more than a bullet would? Is it really just a risk vs reward game mechanic? Or was DE being ingenious and implementing this as a part of the lore? 

Of course this does not apply to corpus though, but they have bucket's on their heads so they don't know any better. 

Edited by TwiceDead

BTW The Gun blade idea is awesome

Or will it? By your argument Rhino's stomp is enough to slow-down time, yet the frames and allies remain hilariously unaffected, when time is one of those things that are supposed to affect us all...? 

I'll play around a bit with that definition btw. 

I read through all these and I could find nothing that states that stasis equals stopping time, nor does disrupt mean stopping time, so no. He is not a time-based frame whether you like it or not. 

Definitions of Stasis:

OR! OR...! Is it because in Warframe cybernetics have actually come so far they may actually hurt more than a bullet would? Is it really just a risk vs reward game mechanic? Or was DE being ingenious and implementing this as a part of the lore? 

Of course this does not apply to corpus though, but they have bucket's on their heads so they don't know any better. 

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stasis sta·sis noun \ˈstā-səs, ˈsta-\

: a state or condition in which things do not change, move, or progress

Full Definition of STASIS
1:  a slowing or stoppage of the normal flow of a bodily fluid or semifluid: as
a :  slowing of the current of circulating blood
b :  reduced motility of the intestines with retention of feces

2a :  a state of static balance or equilibrium :  stagnation

b :  a state or period of stability during which little or no evolutionary change in a lineage occurs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasis_%28fiction%29

Stasis (fiction)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In science fiction, stasis /ˈstsɪs/ is a suspension of the passage of time, whether by biological means (deep sleep/hypersleep) or physical means, called stasis fields.

lolbrary.com_48067_1386361504.gif

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

time
tʌɪm/
noun

1. 1.
    the indefinite continued progress of existence and events in the past, present, and future regarded as a whole.

Your grasping at straws here. If we are going here then we are going to have to discuss gravity and the big bang theory and relativity and some other stuff I'd have to google in order to discredit you and it has NOTHING to do with the Gun blade idea which this thread is based on. If you would like to continue P.M. me and I will break it all down to you like a fraction.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

Grasping at straws? You mean like passing this off as if it's supposed to be making any sense? 

I didnt say it DE said it. After that I provided for you a wikipedia article that defined stasis as :

http://en.wikipedia....tasis_(fiction)

Stasis (fiction)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In science fiction, stasis /ˈstsɪs/ is a suspension of the passage of time, whether by biological means (deep sleep/hypersleep) or physical means, called stasis fields.

Then you want to argue the definition of time. You are either trolling or.....no you're definitely trolling. Try and stick to the topic of if we are going to get a gun blade or not. I have already proven my point and given points of reference that support my point. I am no longer interested in discussing anything other than the idea of the gun blade which I think would be cool if DE could implement it but I do not think it fits the current system. I am sure you can PM if you need to continue a derailing debate over arbitrary semantics.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

I'm honestly not interested in a gunblade being brought into the game. I personally don't find them to be that interesting, nor aesthetically pleasing.

Besides, considering we can instantly switch from shooting someone to slapping them in the face like Trinity (not the warframe), it's kinda like we're a living, breathing "gunblade" anyway. 

I'd rather see weapons that are truly.... odd and far more interesting than a gunblade at the moment. 

EDIT: I hope someone catches the reference and knows where it's from.

Edited by BizarreFetalChimpanzee

Captain Harlock did it first (but no one mentions him D:)

gravity_saber_grey_1.jpg

However this can be applied with meelee 2.0 i believe .When you equip them and use only left mouse key it will do the usual things like fangs . However when you zoom it with right then will act as secondary . That weapon will take both slots of primary or secondary and meelee slot that is the only way to be used i think 

Edited by Garuger

I love gunblades but I don't feel the need for them as much in this game considering the elemental blast damage has knock back/knockdown.

My interpretation is you slash your enemy and as the swing gashes them open the barrel of the sword/gunblade will for example line up with their torso and that's when you pull the trigger, or in daggerblade form you stab them and pull the trigger.

As @(*()$ cool as that sounds I think it's not needed in the game as I explained about the blast damage because we get a similar effect anyway.

Another problem with a gunblade would be delay when playing online it would make it much harder to pull off that perfect attack each time if you had too much lag.

We are science-magic ninja who can effectively switch between using ranged weapons and melee weapons in accord and you want weapons which combine melee and gun elements into something that will never be as good as either?

Seems a bit redundant since you would still run around with a pure melee or pure ranged weapon which will be a lot less clunky and a lot more effective than a gunblade.

Tenno by nature do not require gunblades since they allready mastered using both types of weapons in combination.

Edited by Othergrunty

Well reading the feedback I guess not *cries a little inside* 

It's true that the tenno can  switch from ranged to melee  combat very easily , which makes the whole purpose of a gunblade  igoring the other 2 weapons.

Thanks again for sharing your opinion on the matter  :) 

As much as I believe gunblades are dumb mostly because they look impracticle rather than cool. This is a game where sawing off the barrel of a gun suddenly makes it shoot better.... so I can see it happening. BladeAkBoltos, damage and firerate increased by 33%, accuracy reduced by 1.

The glaive is a sort of gunblade ... think about it. 

Again, no it is not.

It is a melee weapon that is thrown - you still use the E key for everything - a Gunblade would have to mix melee and gun controls.

I asked one of my favorite wrestlers what he felt about getting gunblades in the game....

915701.gif

Instead of making something copywrited silly, why not something more realistic... like a gun with a blade on it. We have those you know...

airsoft_M4_bayonet.jpg

Go play BF3 and 4. Stop thinking of modern combat which this game clearly isn't. See what I mean ^ another BF4 concept lmao

Go play BF3 and 4. Stop thinking of modern combat which this game clearly isn't. See what I mean ^ another BF4 concept lmao

I'm not making a BF4 concept. I'm saying in the grand scheme of things... Bayonet on a gun is less stupid than a fancy sword that shoots bullets because it would break your wrist trying to swing it, or a fancy gun that's made of a giant sword that you can't hold with your other hand because you'd slice off your fingers.

There's a reason why it made #2 on Cracked's 11 Most Stupid Fictional Weapons.

Listen, you can have your Gunblade when I get the #1 weapon from that list... the Dalek Plunger.

I'm not making a BF4 concept. I'm saying in the grand scheme of things... Bayonet on a gun is less stupid than a fancy sword that shoots bullets because it would break your wrist trying to swing it, or a fancy gun that's made of a giant sword that you can't hold with your other hand because you'd slice off your fingers.

There's a reason why it made #2 on Cracked's 11 Most Stupid Fictional Weapons.

Listen, you can have your Gunblade when I get the #1 weapon from that list... the Dalek Plunger.

Cracked is on crack....And the FF VIII isn't the only gunblade....

And stop giving physical arguments about it  we're not holding the guns...our super human space ninjas are, they are f*cking immune to gravity and can parkour while wielding a LMG.

Maybe you don't like it , but you shoudl have given arguments on how it could good or bad in the game