Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Surv Noobs

baldy117

Dont mind the title couldnt think of a title

But i HATE IT WHEN A NEW GUY USES THE CAPSULE THE MOMENT IT APPEARS

They dont even listin when you not to use it till dunno 50% or 60%

you got like 90% lotus says i guys i gave you a pod k thx bye

and the new guy it like hey guys im gunna use this pod cause im dumb and wont listin to older players

Also dont mind my english im still sleepy

i aint talking bout mercury i mean EVERY FF SURV MISSION  they drop in as Exals with mk1 or burton

Again, either play with clanmates/friends/people you recruit in chat instead of taking a gamble on the PuG button.

Or you could be like me and just Solo.

i aint talking bout mercury i mean EVERY FF SURV MISSION  they drop in as Exals with mk1 or burton

Uh, might be a good idea if you stayed away from lower level planets if you're really experiencing this...

Seriously, I haven't seen either of these in a while when I'm not on Mercury/etcetc.

Edited by Won_Doe

Uh, might be a good idea if you stayed away from Mercury/Venus...

devil's advocate inc.

To be honest it's not that rare to find those same guys passed Saturn, even found one doing just the same in Nuovo (Ceres) with all the noobish stuff MK-1 Braton Lato Skana...

And for guys saying "don't go with PUGs" sometimes you have to, when clearing those Eris/Neptune/Ceres/Pluto you won't always have a clan mate willing to help and the first time you come there you're not really able to solo it, or you can but it's dangerous, you need at least a meat shield.

And then with PUGs you are amazed how far people can bring their braton...

Well all that said was it worth a rage post...not sure about that.

Edited by Cyrionn

I am new to this so correct me if I am wrong.

When you kill somebody in survival there is a chance he will drop small life pack restoring your and only your life support.

Now if you are one of those super fast super powerfull players buzzing around in a low level the following happens in my exsperience.

You are killing everything and picking up all the stuff. Now for most things thats no problem but when it comes to the life packs the situation changes for those can be picked up only once and the bonus goes only to you.

So you may be at 90% but who says your friends are.

I am new to this so correct me if I am wrong.

When you kill somebody in survival there is a chance he will drop small life pack restoring your and only your life support.

Now if you are one of those super fast super powerfull players buzzing around in a low level the following happens in my exsperience.

You are killing everything and picking up all the stuff. Now for most things thats no problem but when it comes to the life packs the situation changes for those can be picked up only once and the bonus goes only to you.

So you may be at 90% but who says your friends are.

the bar is the same for every player

Get on you mic......tell them in squad chat.....find a way to let them know. Posting it in here? How many of those "noobs" really read the warframe forums? The air supply gives you +30% air, and the packs gives +4%. Now if while playing they dont have their head in the game enough to notice, then play with people you know, or at least ones that have the IQ to learn. I would personally not let it get down to 50% if I could help it. I try to keep it around 90%. You never know when your going to need a little more time to dispatch some higher level enemies, and letting go down too far, will lead to trouble

I've run into this problem as well. 

Some thing to consider;

1. Chat Broken

2. Troll

3. Doesn't speak your language

4. Troll

5. Hit up the Recruiting channel and put together a decent team.  If they accept your invite, chances are the chat isn't broken.

I just bail at 5 min. if I wind up with someone like that on my team. If they aren't replying to what I'm typing in chat I figure their chat is broken or they're ignoring me on purpose.  Either way, we aren't going to last long and I can find a different team.

Maybe make a post in the Players Helping Players section and raise awareness? 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/38-players-helping-players/

EDIT:

like i own a mic

Mic's are surprisingly cheap.  Even the cell phone ear bud + mic things work on my PC, 12 bucks at Radio Shack last I saw. 

Edited by Noamuth

I just want to kick these people..

It's just not cool when a single player ruins the run for 3 others.

It's normal to make that mistake once...  maybe twice until you understand the way survival missions work.

But most of these people just keep doing it wrong.

also

Expect them to have common sense?

^ this

Edited by WEREsandrock

I think it's hightime DE implemented rank blocks to prevent newbies access to the higher level planets, for example, let's say a mastery rank 1 player with beginner's gear wants to go all the way to Cassini on Saturn or, worse, Nuovo on Ceres, to farm for rare resources...for 5 minutes. He will beg for someone to taxi him there. But when he tries to join the level, he's kicked out because his mastery rank is too low.

Boom, no more newbies or actual noobs with starter gear spoiling good ol' honest to God farming runs in either survival or defense or mobile defense.

The same should be done to prevent them access to Orokin Derelict runs and T2 or T3 runs.

No gear, no rank? No thanks.

Oh, and before some people get their fuses lit about this, I know it's harsh, but it's still fair. At least this prevents newbs from getting things faster than they should.

Explain everything in the chat.  Don't $#*(@ about it, just explain everything and if that doesn't work deal with it.  I prefer people who don't know how to play or speak English over "pros" who shout abuse at them.

Sometimes, explaining everything in the chat is just not possible due to being swarmed by mobs and being shot at. And, "deal with it"? Do you have any idea how aggravating it is to have some low rank newb join you in several consecutive survival runs, even when you happen to have a clanmate or a friend with you, and always trigger the capsules early or rush to the exit at 5 minutes time?

Sometimes, there's just no helping these players.