Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Prime

Jeerome0406

The nice thing about the Boltor Prime (other than the deeps ofcourse):

1. The gun is actually very accurate. Stabilizer removes recoil, and massively boosts effective accuracy.

2. Heavy Caliber doesn't murder the accuracy all that much. Can't land consistent mid-range headshots either way.

3. Stabilizer + Heavy Caliber more or less cancel each other out in terms of accuracy, though you get less annoying screenshake.

How is Phage OP!? ..... 

How is 20k dps with corrosive+viral (procs for halfing health and armor) not OP? it kills lvl100 in ~3 seconds, even unpotatoed it wrecks lvl30s

dpsframe shows averaged dps AFTER all the resistances

Only if your face to face with the bad guys, a maxed Heavy Cal turns this thing into a sprinkler system.

i find that funny because I play boltor with a maxed heavy caliber and the accuracy feels better than soma.

At least it doesn't have that much effect on the weapon as it does with soma.

How do you get only 11k DPS from Synapse?! I get 14k Sustained DPS (including the reload time) before armor mitigation.

those numbers have been taken directly from dpsframe.com.Take it with them. And if you get more with synapse that means you probaly get more with the others aswel.

How is 20k dps with corrosive+viral (procs for halfing health and armor) not OP? it kills lvl100 in ~3 seconds, even unpotatoed it wrecks lvl30s

dpsframe shows averaged dps AFTER all the resistances

All the strams should crit in order to reach 20k DPS.... 

330 / 7 = 47.14

47.14 x 3.4(base + all the damage mods for shotgun)= 160.28

160.3 viral per stream

now elemental

160*3(0.9 tox + 0.6 tox + 0.9 ele + 0.6 new ele) ~= 481 corosive per stream

160 *0.9(heat from blaze) = 144 heat per stream

you can forget the status chance mods and instead of toxic barage and shell shock and use incendiary coat and chilling grasp and have more damage:

160.3 x 1.8 = 288.54 corosive per steam

160.3 x 2.4 = 384.72 blast per stream

so you have either 160.3 (viral) + 481 (corosive) + 144 (heat) = 785.3 with 33% status chance per stream

or 160.3 (viral) + 288.54 (corosive) + 384.72 (blast) = 833.56 with 15% status chance per stream

now id you calculate the hell's chamber you have like this 

7 * 2.2 ~ 15 streams after Hell's Chamber

So you either have 15 * 785.3 = 11779 dps without crit chance calculated

or  15 * 833.56 = 12503.4 dps without crit chance calculated

But the time it takes to set up the streams makes this weapon unusable in some situations.... like Oxium Osprey appearing in front of you.

So, as I told you before, you will need the crit to happen a lot for your 20k DPS to be true, and with 10% crit cahnce ..... well not really happening.

let's say 2 of those 15 streams alwais crit (the chance is smalled than that but let's say it like that) so it will be like this:

17 * 785.3 = 13350 average dps with 33% status and 

17 * 833.56 = 14170.52 average dps with 15% status

This is burst DPS.

12714 with 33% status

13495 with 15% status

This is sustained DPS

The sustained DPS I have with Synapse of 14k is without calcualting the bonus for corrosive against most of the enemies in the game or the crit weapon's weakness against shields so I won't calculate it for Phage.

All the strams should crit in order to reach 20k DPS.... 

330 / 7 = 47.14

47.14 x 3.4(base + all the damage mods for shotgun)= 160.28

160.3 viral per stream

now elemental

160*3(0.9 tox + 0.6 tox + 0.9 ele + 0.6 new ele) ~= 481 corosive per stream

160 *0.9(heat from blaze) = 144 heat per stream

you can forget the status chance mods and instead of toxic barage and shell shock and use incendiary coat and chilling grasp and have more damage:

160.3 x 1.8 = 288.54 corosive per steam

160.3 x 2.4 = 384.72 blast per stream

so you have either 160.3 (viral) + 481 (corosive) + 144 (heat) = 785.3 with 33% status chance per stream

or 160.3 (viral) + 288.54 (corosive) + 384.72 (blast) = 833.56 with 15% status chance per stream

now id you calculate the hell's chamber you have like this 

7 * 2.2 ~ 15 streams after Hell's Chamber

So you either have 15 * 785.3 = 11779 dps without crit chance calculated

or  15 * 833.56 = 12503.4 dps without crit chance calculated

But the time it takes to set up the streams makes this weapon unusable in some situations.... like Oxium Osprey appearing in front of you.

So, as I told you before, you will need the crit to happen a lot for your 20k DPS to be true, and with 10% crit cahnce ..... well not really happening.

let's say 2 of those 15 streams alwais crit (the chance is smalled than that but let's say it like that) so it will be like this:

17 * 785.3 = 13350 average dps with 33% status and 

17 * 833.56 = 14170.52 average dps with 15% status

This is burst DPS.

12714 with 33% status

13495 with 15% status

This is sustained DPS

The sustained DPS I have with Synapse of 14k is without calcualting the bonus for corrosive against most of the enemies in the game or the crit weapon's weakness against shields so I won't calculate it for Phage.

the math is a bit more complex with all the resistances and stuff, I just refer to dpsframe  

rQoPrBv.png

focusing time is the only problem Phage has, the damage is insane and excessive for everything in this game

Funny enough, I actually just built the standard Boltor right before the update went live. Why did no one tell me how fun this thing is??!! I always though it seemed like a "meh" weapon, but dang, it does some good damage even unranked and it just feels so nice to use. I regret not building this like, 7 mastery ranks ago.

I'll have to get my hands on the prime too, fun weapon on top of being one of the best statistically, bonus :)

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Got the DPS to this on warframe builder with 5 forma build:

Serration

dentelure.png

Heavy Caliber

gros_calibre.png

Split Chamber

chambre_divisee.png

Cryo Rounds

balles_cryogenique.png

Bane of Grineer

fleau_des_grineers.png

Stormbringer

porte-tempete.png

Infected Clip

chargeur_infecte.png

Hellfire

feu_des_enfers.png

icone_impact.pngIMPACT

icone_penetration.pngPUNCTURE

icone_magnetique.pngMAGNETIC (icone_glace.png+icone_electrique.png)

icone_gaz.pngGAS (icone_poison.png+icone_feu.png)

ACCURACY

BULLETS

FIRE RATE
reset.png

2.0x|5.0%
CRITICAL / BULLET

18.10%
STATUS PROBABILITY

MAGAZINE

RELOAD

90%
MULTISHOT

+30%
DAMAGE VS GRINEERS

AURA MOD DAMAGE
TOTAL DAMAGE

BURST DPS

SUSTAINED DPS

phage stuff

Just a random build off the top of my head, I don't know if it is actually ideal DPS. Assume PB/VS/HC/Blaze/3x .9 eles/Shotgun Spazz.

Assume multishot will net 15 streams (out of potential 16)

330/7*3.4*1.9*4.3*15=19643

This doesn't account for any crits which when factored in will definitely get it over 20k raw damage easily, but assumes a Corrosive + Heat or Corrosive + Blast build instead of pure Corrosive + Viral. Obviously does not factor in reloads. With reloads factored in, the DPS drops to 17938, still not factoring in any crits.

Funny enough, I actually just built the standard Boltor right before the update went live. Why did no one tell me how fun this thing is??!! I always though it seemed like a "meh" weapon, but dang, it does some good damage even unranked and it just feels so nice to use. I regret not building this like, 7 mastery ranks ago.

I'll have to get my hands on the prime too, fun weapon on top of being one of the best statistically, bonus :)

Took a newb to enlighten your curiosity....

Your welcome ;)

yes, looking forward to the BP as well....

:)

On paper, it's fantastic, but until I see it in game, I won't judge its balance because of spread and travel time.

Cant agree, higher travel speed than boltor, spread is nearly nonexistent before heavy cal. Unless you try to snipe from 50m with it its accurate enough. Its absolutely op too.

Looked for a gun to replace my braton and where soma failed to do so boltor is amazing. 

Edited by Davoodoo

Cant agree, higher travel speed than boltor, spread is nearly nonexistent before heavy cal. Unless you try to snipe from 50m with it its accurate enough. Its absolutely op too.

Looked for a gun to replace my braton and where soma failed to do so boltor is amazing. 

I thought the patch notes said that it was supposed to be less accurate than the normal one.

I thought the patch notes said that it was supposed to be less accurate than the normal one.

Where did you read that?

Boltor prime has a decent accuracy rating stock, it is not as accurate as a Karak or Soma. Using Heavy caliber on Boltor breaks the accuracy, kind of like how bows go from great to shotgun. I honest think it is pointless using heavy caliber on Boltor Prime because it doesn't need it.