Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Prime

Jeerome0406

HOLY S#&$TAKE MUSHROOMS BATMAN.

54 base damage?!!?!?!?

As much as it interally pains me that I CANNOT PLAY due to extreme downloading times, that sounds amazing.

The DPS must be greater than any other rifle, SHEESH.

*grabs computer screen*  COMMON DOWNLOAD AND LET ME PLAY ALREADYYYYYYYYYYYYY

It has travel and a limited range, i think it will be just fine. Or at least not the NR.1 weapon that could use a little nerf  *cough* Lato *cough*

Im just happy its another weapon that could be interesting with electric shield

I dont think it can outdps soma or synapse

You don't need to guess, you can look at the numbers: far better DPS (up to 21k), higher status chance. Considering Accelerated Blast nerf Boltor P is about as OP as even Phage now (Phage still takes it due to viral and higher status)

You don't need to guess, you can look at the numbers: far better DPS (up to 21k), higher status chance. Considering Accelerated Blast nerf Boltor P is about as OP as even Phage now (Phage still takes it due to viral and higher status)

Sry i am not at home,and i cant check dps frame with mobile but is it true? Boltor p is stronger that soma and synapse? (nerf incmonig,but i hope they will leave it this way). And hiw is it stronger woth crit build or just elemental

The Boltor Prime has more raw damage than the Soma and Synapse, that's fairly easy to see with some simply number crunching. It mainly has to do with the high base damage plus insane rate of fire.

However, in terms of actual practical damage, I would still rate the Soma and Synapse higher. Given that they are weapons that are constantly critting, properly getting headshots with those two weapons will regularly (or in the case of Synapse and its 100% crit rate, always) allow you to deal 4 times your regular DPS. The Boltor Prime, while having more raw damage per shot, will not see such high gains out of properly getting headshots (just the normal 2x multiplier) due to its very low critical chance. This isn't even taking into account the whole projectile vs. hitscan thing.

However, flinging your enemies across the room by impaling them with bolts is always cool, therefore, Boltor Prime is better than Soma by default. I have a love for zapping things with electricity, so I'll say the Synapse is just as awesome.

it also has crazy spread. it's not great, but the damage is amazing against grineer

The accuracy is higher than the Boltor's (at least the number say so), which should mean it is even more accurate.

Or am I wrong and they just made up the numbers for accuracy like they always do?

Boltor has had questionable accuracy for a while now. It starts to noticeably spread when firing full auto and has bullet bolt drop at range, which is annoying if you don't know how to compensate for it. Still, most of its shortcomings are a matter of user control, as opposed to just bad stats. I will definitely work on getting one.... right after Rhino Prime.

Edited by Ryme

On paper, it's fantastic, but until I see it in game, I won't judge its balance because of spread and travel time.

you do know the boltor has been out for ages, so it's easy to compare.