The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blinding Flashes Of Light In Grineer Tilesets?

Deidaku

Faulty electrical lights. Kind of like Vauban's Tesla, long range and will shock and blind you. Keep an eye out for lights with sparks flying off of them.

its from the door beams. when you pass through a door with a green light shining down, you wll get shocked...think of it like the corpus cameras/miniguns. just hsoot the beams above the doors.

This is a separate and slightly better implemented trap.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

The blinding flashes are electric procs. You get them when you walk too near a malfunctioning light, watch out for those.

The door sensors are a completely different thing, more akin to Corpus laser doors. Those do not produce blinding flashes.

There are broken lights all over the place that shock you if you get close.

EXTREAMLY annoying in some cases.

I was doing the blue potato alert and got instantly killed when I did a slide through like 6 of them and was at about half shields.

Hard to avoid and very annoying damage.

The flashes are from a new hazard called "Broken Lights", scattered throughout Grineer maps, which zap you with electricity when you pass. They come from light fixtures which have glowing electricity coming off them. You can shoot them to prevent them from zapping you.

Though yeah, there's way too much of the broken lights at the moment.

Well I know there are 2 new environmental hazards stuff in the Grineer Galeon. 

1st one I already encountered and it's a kind of door light barrier that once crossed gives the same efects that Infested Ancient does on hit. 

2nd one I have yet to discover... are those that door light that blind you? 

Edit: Yosh!Broken Lights hazard right? Now I have a clear view on new effects. 

Edited by darkhades2012

2nd one I have yet to discover... are those that door light that blind you? 

I already mentioned the 2nd one in my post above.

They're not a very visible threat like Corpus laser doors, nor have warning like sentry turrets, so they're hard to spot and avoid if you rush through a room. I'm assuming that's the intent for them: you need to take the time to search for them and then destroy them.

I get the need to keep this interesting and provide more of a challenge in places. But I think that a) there are some tilesets with FAR too many of these in close proximity and b) given that there are disproportionately more Grineer missions than for the other races, this is going to get VERY old VERY quickly.

/2cents.

They just want frames like Rhino to be mandatory in Grineer tileset. With Iron skin, youd don't care about every mechanics that can annoy you otherwise, like those energy door that TOTALLY deplete your energy and are somewhat bugged as often, you can't detroy the lights.

Last night, at least 3 or 4 rhinos in group whenever there is a Grineer tileset.

Well done.

Edited by Hyunsai

Both of them were implemented terribly.

For the lightning, they are hard to spot, most of them are covered by pipes and other overhanging doodads so the only way to find out is to get shocked, and unlike the other hazards like fire and Ice there is no warning. 

For the doors, it is hard to differentiate between the normal green light saying "This is unlocked" and the green light meaning "Green light to walk zapp yourself". Adding to this, it is a tiny target to shoot, especially while running and trying to keep the "Ninja feel" of the game.

Something else I noticed, If you are assisting the Grineer for an invasion, the doors will kick your &#! along with the enemies, making a curious situation where you need to smash your allies stuff in order to continue to help your allies.

In any event, both of these things seem rushed and need to be removed, with more thought on how to improve them before they are implemented. 

The blinding flashes of lights are because of broken light traps strewn throughout the level.

Its actually possible to die on spawn in missions right now, especially in nightmare alert missions.

Also the broken lights are commonly right past doors or other overhangs that make it *impossible* to destroy before you get hit, meaning its possible to step out of the first door and go down because of multiple broken lights all without the ability to do anything or any way to prevent it.

And the blinding flash is just painfully bright.

They need to just remove them.

The door traps are completely different. They proc magnetic, meaning no energy or shields similar to disrupters, if you pass through them. You can take them out easily by shooting the green bar above the door. It is generally fairly obvious that its trapped.

Commonly though they spawn the unavoidable light traps right behind a magnetic door, meaning if you dont disable the door (not always possible because the sensor bar could spawn in a ceiling decoration) you *will* die upon crossing the threshold if you aren't Rhino.

And even if you do stop the magnetic trap it can very easily kill caster frames.

These light flashes are annoying me allot..

The lights were cool in my first encounter last week but really they're not adding to the gameplay or immersifying the game experience and just destroying the flow of what should be a fun level.

The flash is giving me headaches.. I done another run today to see if theres been any changes.. its still the same. I hope theres a change in the way the light effects occur or they get removed untill the designers find a better way of implementing them.

The flash should be restricted to the area where the light is. If im not facing the light i should'nt see the flash. If the flash occurs in the corner of the room out of my fov then i should see the edge of the wall flash/floor/ceiling flash. I should not see my whole screen filled with a blinding white.

People say turn down the graphics/ etc.. Why should i reduce the graphics? i spent allot of money on having nice cosmetic skins and colors.. All are now worthless and wasted if im forced to reduce the visual quality for the sake of 1 tileset.

The least they could do if its going to stay is just give a single option in the graphics menu to disable that flash.