The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Is Awesome And I Just Realise That.

Cemges

So for a long time when i begun to warframe, I have accused excalibur of being useless and just a downgraded rhino, and stuff. Then I sold it not very long after that. Several months ago I had extra plat so I bought it back, along with immortal skin discount and also dropped pendragon helmet. He basicly looked awesome. So I gave it some try, but slash dash and radial javelin were disappointing, even with very strong modding.

Now I knew that utility is always better scaling than dmg point modes. But I wasn't applying that on excalibur thinking r blind was not good enough. Hell, I couldn't be more wrong. It is the only one extremely useful skill he has. Now u dont even use javelin or dash, just blind the hell out of enemy and attack. They are open for killing. Just with efficiency, duration and range mods, you can get an awesome warframe for all situations. Tested until 30 mins of ceres-nuovo. Gets there without a challenge. People often think we deal most damage with abilities. Thats wrong, we deal most with weapons. If you have good weapon, he is just awesome.

Yes, you are right.

Excalibur is like a diamond being hidden in front of our own eyes. Most player realize that only when they reach a high mastery rank. And realize how good Radial Blind is, and how well rounded Excalibur's skills and stats are.

Edited by RexSol

Excaliber is extremely underrated, mostly because some people feel like they will look like a "noob" if they use it. Radial Blind/Javelin are actually two of my favorite abilities in the game. They are super consistent and easy to use.

Just because it is one of the starting frames does not mean that it is not awesome. :)

Most Excalibur new players think he is a damaging warframe when he actually shines as a crowd controller.

His Range is huge, his duration is decent, Radial Blind is a very good skill, when modded right, is suitable for high level content.

Just leave damage to your weapons.

Most Excalibur new players think he is a damaging warframe when he actually shines as a crowd controller.

His Range is huge, his duration is decent, Radial Blind is a very good skill, when modded right, is suitable for high level content.

Just leave damage to your weapons.

Guys, don't forget to consider that Excalibur is also very mobile, thanks to Super Jump and Slash Dash.

Most OP CC characters are

Rhino (25 base range is absurd but the lack of recastability is the big downside)

Radial Blind (downside is that it doesn't work with radial disarm and the ocassional grenade and/or ancient *@##$slap)

Radial Disarm (only good for two factions though, but even then enemies pose quite a threat for loki)

Then, there's your second tier of CC like

Chaos

Pre-nerf avalanche

Booben stuff

Banshee

ect

And lastly crap tier 

Freeze

Smokescreen

And all those garbage abilities (CC wise) 

DE TRIED to balance CC lately or so it seems like....

Terror having target limit and recastbility issues.

Tornado being unreliable

Valkyr CC...what...? 

That said, usually oldest frames have the best CC because it's simple and straight forward and have no cap. But probably CC will be nerfed soon enough as will invisibility/invincibility. I mean...it's kind of game breaking having a support excal/loki/rhino. 

Chaos is the best, makes mobs not just disabled, they are occupied with killing eachother. 

Radial blind is #2 best CC in the game (except vs Infested). And the only good Excalibur ability and worth modding for. Radial Skanas is the most unreliable ult in the game, shiled grineers laugh at it. Until DE gives it punch-thru and removes the stupid delay after cast it will remain bad. 

Chaos is the best, makes mobs not just disabled, they are occupied with killing eachother. 

Radial blind is #2 best CC in the game (except vs Infested). And the only good Excalibur ability and worth modding for. Radial Skanas is the most unreliable ult in the game, shiled grineers laugh at it. Until DE gives it punch-thru and removes the stupid delay after cast it will remain bad. 

I disagree with Radial Blind being considered #2, but I agree with most of the rest.

I'm running an Excalibur with an Overextended / Fleeting Expertise / Radial Blind build, and honestly, my Pluto runs to get his parts never felt that justified.

This guy is a monster of defense and CC and can carry any PUG indefinitely. He is not even formaed. Only downside is that I don't think Radial Blind stuns bosses like Hyenas, Grustrag three, as it doesnt even stun a Capture target. I could be wrong, so if someone can confirm it, that would be appreciated.

Edited by Hyunsai

people seriously underestimated excalibro

with the focused radial blind build, everything is blind all the time, blind duration is for 20sec in a large range and cheap to cast

with silent weapons and hush mod on sentinel nothing can see you ever your basically loki but it benefits the entire squad

the other bonus is unlike other crowd control abilities it actually pulls mobs to the defence objective but renders them harmless (they still throw grenades thou.. >_>)

I would say Chaos is a T1 CC ability

Nope. They can still attack you, it doesn't work with other CC abilties (like disarmed enemies ignore chaos). The recastability makes it very unreliable, making range and duration mods a gamble at time. Chaos'd enemies can still hit allies with aoe, which is very dangerous from napalms, blasts, ect. It has the added stun, sure, but versus radial blind it definately loses as a CC ability. However, as a damage ability it's better than radial blind and as overall ability it maybe better than RD due to damage. But as a CC radial is yards better. 

What would they buff?  Maybe widen slashdash and increase his armor?

As a guy who mains Excalibur Prime, I can say that despite being the last person to get downed amidst the more fleshed out toolkits of Nova, Rhino, or Zephyr, his toolkit could use some looking at.

Slash Dash's damage is abysmal, even for a 1. The utility it has is great and all but making it purely slash damage takes an already weak attack (a measly 500) and makes it something merely viable for the first five minutes of a low level survival. 

I feel every Warframe's 1 should have some form of scaling utility, which Slash Dash does provide by being able to soar past waves of enemies at a time without a scratch, buuuut it'd still be nice if DE made it so damage abilities scaled and took the proper steps to make every Warframe's powers awesome. 

All of them.

Radial Blind is fine as is.

Super jump is fine as is.

Radial Javelin has steep fall-off after enemies reach about level 30 or so, and shielded enemies at level 25 tend to escape with most of their health intact.

Forget about killing anything but an unprotected low level Ancient with it when it comes to the larger units. 

Using Blind Rage and Focus makes this one of the more formidable damage ults, but it still has no other utility, can manage to miss enemies right next to you, and still has steep damage fall off.

Excalibur needs more utility, or for his damage to at least scale after DE makes a workable Endgame.

I don't care what anyone says, playing until even the lowest crewman can take down a Zephyr and her 1110/1110 Shields/Health and it takes an entire clip from a critting Latron Prime to kill him... is not a proper endgame. Playing up to those levels is masochism and serves no point beyond stroking an ego.

Sure I'm guilty of this but there's no other real challenge int his game right now. Especially after they made the Stalker a total wimp again.

I miss him wiping out my entire squad honestly, it was hilarious.

Edited by Hastur609

Yes, Excalibur does need number tweaks, just like almost every other frame.

Excalibur is amazing for specing into Radial Blind only, but that's a one-trick pony...and those aren't very fun for everyone.

Bringing up his 3 (or 2, if Super Jump is good) other skills will let him stand ground alot longer, with great dmg abilities, ontop of the almost-unbeatable CC.

I await the day, for my Excalibur Prime to grace my screen again. Until that day, I'll stick with Oberon.

-Jin

As a guy who mains Excalibur Prime, I can say that despite being the last person to get downed amidst the more fleshed out toolkits of Nova, Rhino, or Zephyr, his toolkit could use some looking at.

Slash Dash's damage is abysmal, even for a 1. The utility it has is great and all but making it purely slash damage takes an already weak attack (a measly 500) and makes it something merely viable for the first five minutes of a low level survival. 

I feel every Warframe's 1 should have some form of scaling utility, which Slash Dash does provide by being able to soar past waves of enemies at a time without a scratch, buuuut it'd still be nice if DE made it so damage abilities scaled and took the proper steps to make every Warframe's powers awesome. 

All of them.

Radial Blind is fine as is.

Super jump is fine as is.

Radial Javelin has steep fall-off after enemies reach about level 30 or so, and shielded enemies at level 25 tend to escape with most of their health intact.

Forget about killing anything but an unprotected low level Ancient with it when it comes to the larger units. 

Using Blind Rage and Focus makes this one of the more formidable damage ults, but it still has no other utility, can manage to miss enemies right next to you, and still has steep damage fall off.

Excalibur needs more utility, or for his damage to at least scale after DE makes a workable Endgame.

I don't care what anyone says, playing until even the lowest crewman can take down a Zephyr and her 1110/1110 Shields/Health and it takes an entire clip from a critting Latron Prime to kill him... is not a proper endgame. Playing up to those levels is masochism and serves no point beyond stroking an ego.

Sure I'm guilty of this but there's no other real challenge int his game right now. Especially after they made the Stalker a total wimp again.

I miss him wiping out my entire squad honestly, it was hilarious.

It should be noted that Radial Javelin increases in the amount of javelins thrown as well as damage per javelin when you add power strength. This gives it the potential to scale well into the later game.  I agree, though, that the skill could use some subtle polish to make it great. Adding a little punch-through and a damaging ragdoll would accomplish this handily.