Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tethra's Doom Rewards Anticipation Megathread

Deaths.Reap3r

Its not a whiner thread, its a fact. DE also livestream Prime Time at 7PM, that will be 01:00 in Europe. It would be fair if you release an update/livestream at a decent time for everyone around the world to enjoy the new stuff in the game. 

As has been stated in the past, no matter when they release it it will be in convenient for some chunk of gamers.  WE would all like our stuff as soon as it is available.  Don't throw around words like fair when it comes to being given free content from a free game a few hours later, it's unseemly.

DE isn't releasing it now for a reason, likely because they are still working on the patch that the rewards are a part of, as they do every week.  Patience will see you through this and lower your blood pressure.

Don't throw around words like fair when it comes to being given free content from a free game a few hours later, it's unseemly.

Wow genius, you do know some are paying real cash for so called free whatever don't you?

As has been stated in the past, no matter when they release it it will be in convenient for some chunk of gamers.  WE would all like our stuff as soon as it is available.  Don't throw around words like fair when it comes to being given free content from a free game a few hours later, it's unseemly.

DE isn't releasing it now for a reason, likely because they are still working on the patch that the rewards are a part of, as they do every week.  Patience will see you through this and lower your blood pressure.

Its odd since we got our reward immediately when you completed the last event they did. I don't see why they can't do that with this event. Why do you have to wait for something you completed days ago.

If I were to hazard a guess, the rewards are being given out this evening because they're not in the game files yet, and they want to roll them out along with today's update.

They are in the game files, if you go to the codex you can already see the Gorgon Wraith.

If I were to hazard a guess, the rewards are being given out this evening because they're not in the game files yet, and they want to roll them out along with today's update.

I speculate that the stats of the Gorgon will have changed some by the time it is actually released too.

While everyone seems to be pointing out that DE is probably working on a patch that will bring the rewards, I think perhaps there is also the fact that given the size of the player base, they just want to give the reward script(s) more time to get through and make sure everyone gets the right reward(s).

I mean, look at it this way: would you rather get the right rewards the first time, or complain that you didn't get the Gorgon Wraith and Quantum Badge and then need to wait for ANOTHER script to get deployed to fix that?

on average 2h earlier would make the time a lot better for whole EU ( and Africa as well!!) And wouldn't make it any worse for US.

Right now ONLY us gets it at a perfect time - u get home from work etc and BAM update done/rewards.

Right now if it will be roughly at noon - it will be already 1-2 am here.

Wow genius, you do know some are paying real cash for so called free whatever don't you?

Well as you have seen fit to comment on my intelligence you may have the reasoning capacity to notice that i am one of those individuals who have spent money on this game, in fact much more than my happy little star might indicate.  That I spent money on the game doesn't make the game less free, nor does it change the fact that to play this event cost no one any money, nor were the rewards from it linked to any kind of financial transaction.

I.e. you'll get it when you get it for the low low price of waiting.

Its odd since we got our reward immediately when you completed the last event they did. I don't see why they can't do that with this event. Why do you have to wait for something you completed days ago.

I commented on this myself on Thursday when I passed the threshold for the rewards however as they stated last time you would get your reward immediately in that event's event post and they did not state that this time I simply expected them to roll rewards out like for previous events. We have to wait because we have to wait, I can't see how it hurts anything.

I.e. you'll get it when you get it for the low low price of waiting.

Time is the most important thing my friend. Notice most of ''where's my reward'' threads are coming from people who don't share same timezone with DE. Having had the time to plan everything ahead, most were expecting to receive rewards shortly after the event ended.

basically the issue is DE's fault if they havent learned about the expected public outbursts after 1-2 times previous, anything after that is just asking for trouble.

bad points of their current setup.

1) the OPS event timer ingame makes people believe they will get their rewards once the timer hits 0

2) the event ends but requires the usual wait until wednesday update deploys but people dont realise, know or care

the events should start on a thursday and end on a thursday, that way the day before the event ends the update patch is already in place ready to deploy rewards the day after, people can immediatly be given an ingame mail when the events end telling them the rewards will be deployed any time from now to X amount of minutes later.

this would fix all the insanity we get every single event without fail, fixing all the ingame and forum raging in 1 easy system, which tbh shouldnt require much of a change.

Do you realize how long it takes electric gnomes it takes to smelt all these weapons?  It is no easy task, give it some time.  Would you like those gnomes to accidental remove some weapons with the database update?  No?  Then please have some patience.  This isn't a simply a, oh look, I press a button and everything magically works.  Things can get messed up easily if not done correctly.