Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kaz's Fanart Thread (4-16 Corpus Bat'leth)

Syncrasis

• 2 weeks later...

I spent the last day of 2014 seeing if I could make an infested-style dagger start to finish in one day. I was able to, but I'd like to revisit it and bring out the edges with Substance Painter or something, still getting the hang of this workflow.

tumblr_nhhmgwTYvh1qdt0m6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhhmgwTYvh1qdt0m6o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhhmgwTYvh1qdt0m6o3_1280.jpg

Here's a few shots of my high poly in Zbrush:

tumblr_nhholsN5oT1qdt0m6o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhholsN5oT1qdt0m6o1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhholsN5oT1qdt0m6o2_1280.jpg

Oh, forgot to add: 

This dagger has multiple poison/venom sacs located near the handle of the weapon, where they are easily within reach for the owner to press on for a burst of venom to run through the exterior "veins" and lubricate the edges of the bony segments.

Edited by Syncrasis

Both Alad internet and the infested dagger are really well made.

I have allways liked your style, but these are really looking professional!

One thing I find strange about the art-direction of the infested though, is that it looks more and more like the Tyrranids in both shapes and coloring.

You pull off that same look, I just think it looks slighty out of place in warframe.

But great work!

Happy new year!

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I find strange about the art-direction of the infested though, is that it looks more and more like the Tyrranids in both shapes and coloring.

Yeah gonna fiddle with the colors and edge clarity on the texture, it's a bit too saturated and I think I unconsciously used one of the main color sets for Tyranid armies heh

I've been keeping up with my Alad V ask blog on tumblr, I've made many expressions but I also drew a Darvo tonight so I'll share that with you

tumblr_nhy0szO9nk1u6s7gso4_r2_1280.jpg

And here is a link to the blog. Trying to stay as true to canon as possible while filling in gaps in his narrative. It's been fun so far * - * http://aladv.tumblr.com/

Another piece made for my RP blog in which Alad is quite skeptical of the Perrin guy's 4 game winning streak while playing tri-dimensional chess.

tumblr_ni9dpnfNn31u6s7gso3_r3_1280.jpg

If you know what this references without having to google it, you are a super cool person and we should probably be best friends. Eh heh hehhh

Another piece made for my RP blog in which Alad is quite skeptical of the Perrin guy's 4 game winning streak while playing tri-dimensional chess.

If you know what this references without having to google it, you are a super cool person and we should probably be best friends. Eh heh hehhh

I've only watched a bit of Star Trek, but I get it :D.

Also: "He dons a stoic visage while planning his next play, and he always seems to find a way to miraculously pull a victory out of his excessively tall piece of headwear..."

I'm dead.

Edited by Xandis

-snip-

I wonder what/how much they're betting on this game.

DE had made a star trek game right? This scenario is entirely possible Edited by Cemges

• 2 weeks later...

WOOOW I did not expect to get first in the codex contest, I am so fjiowejj happy right onw holyc rap

alad_v_mutalist_empire_by_syncrasis-d8fj

HEHEHEHEHE immortalized in the codex foreverrrr

This flesh… gives me life. It is… ghh… inconsequential that you should strike me down, for now. My hives live on, with a… vital, insatiable hunger. We desire you, Tenno. The Mutalist Empire will not be… cut down so easily. Soon… you will… ngh.

Join. Us.

Edited by Syncrasis

Congrats on winning in the contest, and as the first place too! That's quite a feat right there.

By the way, just for fun, I think you could add the Alad V quote you wrote in the contest post here in your thread as well. It does kind of add to the picture. :D