Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Gonna Be Honest: The Boltor Prime Is A Breath Of Fresh Air.

8bit_Ghost

Not judging anyone with this post, mostly really happy with my recent purchase in Warframe.

I love the Boltor Prime. Got the first tier of the Prime Access last week. Excellent damage, really useful against the Grineer, a lot of damage per bullet, my experience with leading has made it an excellent weapon for myself. Also, shooting down rows of enemies by killing them with the flying bodies is wonderful.

I'll be really honest about something else too: I'm really bad with hitscan weapons. I feel I miss more with said weapons, and once an enemy moves then that's 20 bullets wasted on the wall.

Okay, I guess that doesn't really make sense. Technically hitscan is better. I do love my Grinlok, and it's really fun to use. But I just...feel BETTER at the game when I use weapons with flight time. I love my Cernos and Paris to bits, and the kunai are a wonderful weapon to me (I've maxed out the speed on those things and they are the ultimate shield killers now). Castanas are...definitely the slowest weapon, and it's hard to judge how far away it is from me when I'm trying to detonate it mid-flight. But I got them to rank 30, so I'd say that I did well enough with them. As for the glaive...I want it to be stronger and soon, but I did love taking out the occasional enemy with it. I can't wait till melee is viable with 2.0(3.0?).

But back to the main point, I just love this Boltor Prime. I never did use the original Boltor. But I know now that I probably never will, as this one has already taken my heart. The Soma may indeed be the better weapon, but I play with the weapons I like, not the weapons people tell me to use. So for me, the Boltor Prime is better than the Soma. For me. And for now.

I know how you feel eith hitscan, i played games where bullets weren't hitscan and im really used to leading enemies, but if ou will ever want to use a bullet weapon try to focus on the "aiming dot" (dont know how thats called) and the very small area around it, and when you see movment shoot, its really usefull for sniping moving targets but can be usefull for simple shooting as well

I sorta liked the glaive. It has high potential. Melee needs to be more powerful before I set my heart on any one melee weapon.

Well you could just try it out, it's a glaive that ragdoll ;  pretty useful

Edited by Jehts

tldr easy mode feels good

I wouldn't say it's easy mode. I haven't maxed my serration just yet, and these are mostly level 15-20 enemies I'm battling. It is useful in T2 levels but I haven't gone T3 with it yet (I usually die fast in these, my health/shield mods not maxed yet either. So there's still challenge. I just feel more like a badass with this gun than I do with other weapons. Well, maybe I feel more like a badass with the bows, but this is still pretty badass to me.

Well you could just try it out, it's a glaive that ragdoll ;  pretty useful

I have been meaning to get the Bo for the same reason but because melee levels up best on kills, it's gonna be hard to kill with the Bo and Kestrel. I will try the Kestrel someday though.

Kestral was always fun because it was faster and made all those lovely ragdolls (even bosses back in the day).

I too am loving the Boltor Prime, but more because its a whole lot prettier than regular Boltor. I just wish there was more gold on the bolts themselves, so my random spraying would make every level a shinier, prettier place.

Oddly enough I built the classic boltor a day before the new Prime Access came out. And I really love this thing! It just feels powerful even unmodded. I'm reluctant to potato it though since I feel like I'd be better off seeking out the Prime version now.

I wouldn't say it's easy mode.

i would. BoltorP has the Damage of a Semi-Auto (before the Crits) per shot, yet it's a Bolt spray cannon. 

the amount of Damage it has isn't exactly... reasonable.

but Boltor has always been one of my favored Weapons, relatively simple, but satisfying since it isn't Hitscan. and easier to use too, i'm in the same boat. i can Headshot all day with Ballistic Weapons but Hitscan is really awkward. 

Oddly enough I built the classic boltor a day before the new Prime Access came out. And I really love this thing! It just feels powerful even unmodded. I'm reluctant to potato it though since I feel like I'd be better off seeking out the Prime version now.

go for the prime version

Boltor Prime is on the same level of the Soma.

I don't see how another OP weapon is a breath of fresh air. I'd rather see new weapons with interesting mechanics.

Because now you can use all the interesting mechanics of the Boltor, except with the effectiveness of the high end stuff.

That said, I can't argue against the fact that this thing does ALOT of damage, and either genuine content needs to either be tough enough to handle these numbers or we really need to lay off the power creep.

Boltor Prime is on the same level of the Soma.

I don't see how another OP weapon is a breath of fresh air. I'd rather see new weapons with interesting mechanics.

Same? The boltor has travel time and projectile drop which limits its effective range. In addition it has to be farmed (or traded). There is no "purchase BP in the market with credits options"

They have almost nothing in common other than being "automatic rifles" (and that's with the term Auto rifle being used as loosely as possible)