Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Fix The Gorgon Wraith ;)

mynameisd

Despite being really underwhelming for a Wraith weapon, I kind of like it in a weird and inexplicable way.

I usually slap on a Scavenger mod with a lvl1 Ammo mutation and just spray the living crap out of everything ^^

I guess it's the idea of having a less deadly but still useful weapon for 'supressive' fire and crowd control :P

But to be honest it could be a bit better, here are my suggestions to make it live up to it's name;

Increase damage to 33 (+10 damage from the original)

remove the slash and puncture entirely, ain't nobody got time for that!

Maybe some of you guys do like it, but honestly I'd much rather have more Impact procs ;)

It would also be more faithful to the name lore because The Gorgon turns enemies to stone!

Increase magazine size 50%(135/magazine,Too much? :))

Increase crit OR status chance by 5%

Add V or Slash/dash wahtever it's called polarity-

would be sweet(for ammo mods like magazine warp, ammo mutation or ammo drum)

Add the ability to change the colours on the Wraith skin, or perhaps change it to the original Gorgon skin if you already own it! :p -, I know it's supposed to be exclusive and all but it would be a nice touch ;p

If it had these things then I'd consider using it for quite a while yet :)

Otherwise I'll just stick with my grakata which packs more of a punch with a bit more status/crit. Or just buy the OP Soma now that I'm MR7 ;)

drop your thoughts! ;d

i suggested a built in overheat damage, for all spooling weapons, the gorgon wraith having a highest overheat damage %

just like the sentinel mod Fired Up overheat damage increases damage as you fire on a target, meaning the stronger the target the more damage u will do up to a certain point at peak duration 

I disagree, I think the gorgon wraith is in a fine spot. I am tired of event weapons always being the best weapons overall and locks people out from getting them for a very long time.

It shouldn't be the best.

However, it should be more powerful then what it is at the moment.

OH if you do not like the skin, i am told that if you buy a skin for a gun that has a wraith or vandal version you can use it instead of the wraith or vandal skin, i have not tested that out yet, but if anyone has the desert camo skin for the gorgon could you let us know if it works?

An innate "fired up" type status like the mod would be cool.  It would have a different use than other rifles that sink in a few shots and stop.  To maximize efficiency of damage output. To compensate I think it should have a larger ammo capacity to allow for this type of gameplay.  Accuracy reduction and recoil can an be added to balance things out, but I agree that this would differentiate heavy machine guns from other rifles. 

i suggested a built in overheat damage, for all spooling weapons, the gorgon wraith having a highest overheat damage %

just like the sentinel mod Fired Up overheat damage increases damage as you fire on a target, meaning the stronger the target the more damage u will do up to a certain point at peak duration 

Is actually a good idea :) kind of like an MG equivalent of Thunder bolt xD

Despite being really underwhelming for a Wraith weapon, I kind of like it in a weird and inexplicable way.

I usually slap on a Scavenger mod with a lvl1 Ammo mutation and just spray the living crap out of everything ^^

I guess it's the idea of having a less deadly but still useful weapon for 'supressive' fire and crowd control :P

But to be honest it could be a bit better, here are my suggestions to make it live up to it's name;

Increase damage to 33 (+10 damage from the original)

remove the slash and puncture entirely, ain't nobody got time for that!

Maybe some of you guys do like it, but honestly I'd much rather have more Impact procs ;)

It would also be more faithful to the name lore because The Gorgon turns enemies to stone!

Increase magazine size 50%(135/magazine,Too much? :))

Increase crit OR status chance by 5%

Add V or Slash/dash wahtever it's called polarity-

would be sweet(for ammo mods like magazine warp, ammo mutation or ammo drum)

Add the ability to change the colours on the Wraith skin, or perhaps change it to the original Gorgon skin if you already own it! :p -, I know it's supposed to be exclusive and all but it would be a nice touch ;p

If it had these things then I'd consider using it for quite a while yet :)

Otherwise I'll just stick with my grakata which packs more of a punch with a bit more status/crit. Or just buy the OP Soma now that I'm MR7 ;)

drop your thoughts! ;d

besides the idea to make it all impact its all around a good idea! Great stats and everything, about the colors im sure alot of people wont agree but i think it should stay the way it is but have more of the energy color on the weapon, like snipertron v, all around a fantastic thread! De make it happened!

You can't fix what isn't broken.

I think that the Gorgon Wraith is fine as it is. Its quality of life improvements, namely the buffed accuracy and reload speeds, IMO make it worthy of being a wraith weapon, even if its numerical DPS isn't leaps and bounds ahead of the standard Gorgon.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm glad we didn't get a weapon that was stupidly OP... -_-

or like the brakk youd get new players after the event whining to have it re-released.

gorgon wraith does a good job of what its supposed to do, which is be an improved gorgon, available free and useable at mastery rank 0 and better than many full auto rifles.

lets be clear here, what most people are actually asking for is soma mk2 at MR0.

It need to had either better critical chance said 6x% after modded or better base damage. Status proc is a loss cause. You can't pinpoint which status to proc and the proc damage is insignificant. Only Viral and corruption will improved your dps noticeably but you can't have both on Gorgon Wraith. Viral proc is weak against high armor target. Corruption proc is useful but you still need a high base damage weapon to kill when the enemy you fighting had thousands HP.

The gorgon wraith is a very nice gun, very well developed. Any further changes would upset its balance, and there is a mod for every single one of its draw-backs. No changes needed here.

Edit: Fired-up for primary miniguns would be a touch over-powered. careful with that.

Edited by TonyFoot

OH if you do not like the skin, i am told that if you buy a skin for a gun that has a wraith or vandal version you can use it instead of the wraith or vandal skin, i have not tested that out yet, but if anyone has the desert camo skin for the gorgon could you let us know if it works?

Yes, you can put the Desert Warframe skin on the Gorgon Wraith.

My opinion on this weapon:

* Fun to use.

* Directly addresses the problems of the Gorgon Mk1 and makes a much more usable weapon.

* The status chance is kind of a waste, since we can't choose which status effect will trigger.

* The crit chance is definitely a waste since it's not enough to mod for which means the effect is very minor.

* Ammo economy is absolutely terrible. Low damage, high rate of fire, mediocre accuracy.

What I dream about seeing:

* Increase damage to 35, reduce rate of fire to keep the same DPS.  This will improve ammo economy.

* Reduce recoil. Gun is huge, front-heavy, and spin-stabilized. No reason for it to kick like that.

* Increase initial accuracy to 18, but degrade the gun's accuracy the faster the barrel is spinning.  This lets us shoot slowly for precision at medium range or spool up fully for DPS at short range.

Edited by Momaw

Get rid of the spin up, on all weapons.

Remove spin up, tighten spread, at zoom at least on the wraith.

Spin up makes no sense on a magazine fed personal carry LMG.

The accuracy penalties are a nonsense as a well.

Edited by atpbx1

I disagree, I think the gorgon wraith is in a fine spot. I am tired of event weapons always being the best weapons overall and locks people out from getting them for a very long time.

well, imo atm gorgon is the best weapon against corpus, it´s much better then synapse

yes i know, synapse has 2k more dmg each shoot, but gorgon has much higher proc chance, and that makes the difference

what you mean like the brakk..................oh wait

Not sure what you mean, but if you weren't clear on what I meant, I am glad that we finally got one that wasn't stupidly overpowered.  I'm just frustrated by how DE's operated in the past.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz