Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soulrift

Button Label Glitch Megathread (Fixed In U14)

This, honestly, should be fixed. If you guys haven't reported this to support yet, you should do so now. That is completely game breaking, and should be a priority fix.

I've had this before, usually when starting a mission. It breaks all input - you can't exit the game and you can't take screenshots. The only way out is Ctrl-Alt-Del.

ok its a bug that can be hard to find, but 3 months and not fixed? Just got it trying to join an alert with little time left on the timer

Whenever I get the "button label" error, the main UI is screwed up like the image below. Pressing Escape gives me a choice between 3 "BUTTON LABEL" buttons, all of which do nothing.

UI_Corruption.jpg

I don't know how to post pictures, so i uploaded the screenshot to my steam profile

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041378518/screenshot/468686162863449065

When i try to load into a game, this screen comes up. If I pause, the three "button label" icons on the bottom left come up. Occasionally, I will actually load into the level but be unable to unpause. When I load into the level, the screen is faded like the pause menu but the "button label" icons on the bottom left stay, the normal pause screen does not show and as I have said before, I can't unpause. 

This isn't game breaking, as it only happens every 20 missions but it sure as hell is annoying.

so i joined Ara(Mars) and then i cant load anything theres this explosion(and some grineer being blown away) codex diorama thing in the background and then there are three bars at the bottom displaying button label which i cant click on too i hope to post a picture but this is my first time posting something so i do not know how to post a picture of my screenshot

So I just went into a Dark Sector Mission and this is what happened. lol 

Everything just went berserk and "yay" for button labels that can't be even clicked. lolz

2it2z5f.jpg

Happens often with heavily lagging hosts.

Hecka Approve that. Crappy Hosts are quite common. I don't lag but the damn delay oh might waffles. It feels like i gotta wait 4 seconds just to get the drops lol or sometimes the doors get bugged and wont open. Yeah 

I had this happen to me its the host and if they skip the cutscene too early... and what you do is DO Nothing and sometimes it clears up

EJF4s3G.png

lagging hard and somehow, I just started to fall down and down and down.

I just keep fall down and dead so I hit resurrect then my screen stuck at some random place.

So I push ESC to res again and now this is my screen.

Can't use ESC, read or type chat, just those BUTTON LABEL.

This had happened before but I finally decided to report it today. Joined a mission and after it finished loading to let me in, this is what I get. The three buttons labeled button actually aren't there right at the bat but upon trying to press escape the appear.

aK0XAmB.png

I play my game windowed if that matters.

ladies and gentlemen, here you see bad usage of flash files for user interface

well, this is just a glitch that occurs due to extreme lag.

I can confirm having this bug on three separate occasions, the most recent following the Pyrana update, the first back in the follow-through of that DDOS nightmare.

Seems to be caused by an extremely poor connection with the host. A lot of times when the white screen comes up your skin is using the default colors and your head might be missing.

usually occurs due to huge lag or corrupted game files.

if latter might be the case, perform a cache check via your game launcher

This happens to me at least once a day.
Is it on my side, DE's side, or another user's side?
Fixes?

xvqQvZY.png

After pressing Esc: (The only button it will respond to that's a normal warframe control)

rhz8cWA.png

By now, no buttons respond.
Alt-tab, go back to the game. 

GFDXXoO.png

Still, no controls work.
Alt-tab again and I close the engine, and restart it.

So i joined a level.. And this is what apppears

RGBXwRs.png

Then i press ESC to open up the menu and leave the match (Thought it was glitched)

SUYdEPa.jpg

So i had to end up ALT+F4ing out of the game..

Has this happened to anyone else?

This is a pretty common bug especially if you've joined a laggy host (as per my experience).

Moved to the proper section.