Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin?

Legaldas

Actually all Tenno are of Orokin origin, only twisted by energies of The Void (according to Excalibur's codex entry).
"Pure" Orokin had been, pretty much, wiped out by nobody else but Tenno (according to Stalker's codex entry).

Edited by xGryphus

I'd love to see a T4 assasination event where an Orokin emerges from a cryopod and is the hardest boss yet. (Like a healthpool of 1,000,000 with armor equivelent to a level 60 corrupted).

Someone that will take 15 or more minutes to defeat.

Actually all Tenno are of Orokin origin, only twisted by energies of The Void (according to Excalibur's codex entry).

"Pure" Orokin had been, pretty much, wiped out by nobody else but Tenno (according to Stalker's codex entry).

A. Do you seriously take me serious?

B. Do you seriously not get the reference?

Maybe we can expect them to be shown in the story mode if such happens soon. Maybe their silhouette or at least a hologram, memory flashback....

Beats me... it would ruin Orokin's mystery to bring them back to the game and would ruin current Lore-stand, they were anihilated by Tenno 'coz of their tyranny over Tenno(and probably other races). Tenno were created to bring balance in the Origin System and paradoxically, ones who created them signed their own death contract. 

PS. Explanation and quick summary of what might happened. Orokins created Tenno to battle Sentients and bring balance to the Origin System. Sentients were gone but Orokin still were disrupting the balance 'coz of being strongest in the System and abusing their power. Tennos anger(they were succesful experiments angry for pain Oroking brought on them) and desire for vengeance were strong factor too. Orokin were slaughtered by happy Tenno slashers :D 

In my opinion, only surviving Orokins are Stalker(former Low Guardian) and Neural Sentry(rather it being advanced AI left by the Orokin). 

Lotus is Orokin.

Maybe of Orokin Origin, but being that she's been unintentionally confirmed to be an AI I don't think she counts AS "Orokin".

Orokin Derelicts say otherwise.

How? They're dead ships , there's not a trace of life on them (well... other than the Infested, and THEY'RE not exactly "Orokin")

Maybe of Orokin Origin, but being that she's been unintentionally confirmed to be an AI I don't think she counts AS "Orokin".

How? They're dead ships , there's not a trace of life on them (well... other than the Infested, and THEY'RE not exactly "Orokin")

Well Orokin AI then

yyrm.jpg

Where was it confirmed that lotus was an AI as I've seen it said the opposite was confirmed and that referenced a livestream (which I understand should sti be taken with a grain of salt)

I maintain the Orokin were an alien race and that the Tenno are not orokin as they are human. Could be wrong and I'll admit that's what I wan to believe but I've heard no convincing evidence to state otherwise. The best anyone has come up with is that their tech was designed for humans, which doesn't make sense, the weapons we see we're designed for Tenno so yeah they were designed for humans. They also mention the couches in the void as proof but there where chairs and thigs covering the citadel in mass effect and that wasn't a world where humans even got near them for a long time. The arguement that there are no aliens present is just a "well duh" we killed them all or killed a bunch and the rest left the origin system.

Edited by NevanChambers

Where was it confirmed that lotus was an AI as I've seen it said the opposite was confirmed and that referenced a livestream (which I understand should sti be taken with a grain of salt)

I maintain the Orokin were an alien race and that the Tenno are not orokin as they are human. Could be wrong and I'll admit that's what I wan to believe but I've heard no convincing evidence to state otherwise. The best anyone has come up with is that their tech was designed for humans, which doesn't make sense, the weapons we see we're designed for Tenno so yeah they were designed for humans. They also mention the couches in the void as proof but there where chairs and thigs covering the citadel in mass effect and that wasn't a world where humans even got near them for a long time. The arguement that there are no aliens present is just a "well duh" we killed them all or killed a bunch and the rest left the origin system.

Orokin originated on Earth. They are human. Rebecca let it slip that she was an AI. I'd trust that, since she voices the Lotus. It's clear that the Lotus is of Orokin origin, and not Corpus or Sentient, just like it is known that the Tenno were originally of the Orokin Empire, given that the Tenno symbol is all over the Orokin Tower in the Void, and that the Codex says so. Leaked datamined text from the game pre-U9 has text from the Lotus that is supposed to be an order to the Tenno to sleep, so that also substantiates that. It is possible that the Sentients were aliens. That's the only possible group of aliens in the game, besides the Ancients which are also alien.

Chances are that the Tenno murdered them most if not all of them a while back, seeing as how they tried to control them after sending them to the Void to become super-weapons. That or they were integrated into what would become Warframe's current factions like the Grineer or Corpus (or the Infested).

The Orokin were an empire and they created the Tenno, so I can imagine that the Tenno could be considered Orokin.

Edited by IANOBW

Could the Ancients actually be Orokin version of the infested?  They are the only infested with the gold "halo" that is a recurring them throughout Orokin culture.  Aliens don't really appear to be part of the Warframe universe for the most part.

Also, I always assumed the Sentients were sentient machines like the Geth from Mass Effect or the Cylons from Battlestart Galactica.  Why?  The lore states that the Sentients were able to turn Orokin weapons against the Orokin.  Sounds like a machine co-opting other machines and/or adapting to the Orokin technology.  It's not until the Tenno are created and embrace the old ways that the Sentients are defeated.  If you look at Tenno weapons, they are low tech weapons like bows, swords and what appear to be black powder fire arms like the magnus and vasto revolvers.  My theory is that the Sentients were not able to adapt since those weapons don't rely on electronics or high tech.  In any event, if the Sentients are returning, it could be because they have been of self replicating for the last few centuries.

Also, I always assumed the Sentients were sentient machines like the Geth from Mass Effect or the Cylons from Battlestart Galactica.  Why?  The lore states that the Sentients were able to turn Orokin weapons against the Orokin.  Sounds like a machine co-opting other machines and/or adapting to the Orokin technology.  It's not until the Tenno are created and embrace the old ways that the Sentients are defeated.  If you look at Tenno weapons, they are low tech weapons like bows, swords and what appear to be black powder fire arms like the magnus and vasto revolvers.  My theory is that the Sentients were not able to adapt since those weapons don't rely on electronics or high tech.  In any event, if the Sentients are returning, it could be because they have been of self replicating for the last few centuries.

This. I agree with it.

Could the Ancients actually be Orokin version of the infested?  They are the only infested with the gold "halo" that is a recurring them throughout Orokin culture.  Aliens don't really appear to be part of the Warframe universe for the most part.

No. I think the Ancients are a plant-like alien species. Not sure where the wiki got it from, but they aren't the Orokin.