The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Facebook Buys Oculus Rift For $2 Billion

Kloaked

Quote from the Kotaku article:

"Mobile is the platform of today, and now we're also getting ready for the platforms of tomorrow," Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg says. "Oculus has the chance to create the most social platform ever, and change the way we work, play and communicate."

Oculus are equally chuffed. "We are excited to work with Mark and the Facebook team to deliver the very best virtual reality platform in the world," Brendan Iribe, co-founder and CEO of Oculus VR says in a PR release. "We believe virtual reality will be heavily defined by social experiences that connect people in magical, new ways. It is a transformative and disruptive technology, that enables the world to experience the impossible, and it's only just the beginning."

You can read more here: http://kotaku.com/facebook-buys-oculus-rift-for-2-billion-1551487939

Much confuse.

7idJ6gt.jpg

Edited by Kloaked

Facebook not only overestimates their position, they are dreaming way stupid for a tyranny in tech world and domination of people's lives. Sorry, but facebook VR is an indesirable and in fact disgusting sense of future.

Greed. Tech and geekness from one side and money on the other. And this is how they've ruined each other. AR has much more potential on the long run, and I simply can't see how Facebook will profit from an unsocial device on their so called social network.

I'm hoping someone, maybe even Steam taking the reins on a PC open system. I loath the idea of the closed system facebook hardware. Want to play game x? Better log into facebook. You beat lvl 1, like and share? You beat lvl 2, like and share? Need more lives? Like and share. By the way, have you heard of zoosk?

Steam apparently gave them a ton of help. wonder what they think of the acquisition.