Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will We Ever Get A Friendly Grineer?

Deidaku

I mean we have Darvo.....

I know the grineer are clones but isn't there at least one who'd go Boba fett on the grineer empire and join our cause (whatever that may be)?

Edit :

Oh and also :

42dc024439a5f6b9f829b565553aef7dd8526624

Eagle status yaaaaa

Edited by Deidaku

The Grineer army are filled with clones, but extracted data regarding lore from pre-U9 seems to imply that this probably isn't the case for the Grineer people themselves (citizens and such). I'd imagine that there's at least one Grineer with some political power who's a Tenno sympathizer.

Edited by SortaRandom

Darvo is friendly to the Tenno because he's a spoiled baby who doesn't wanna do what his father says >3<

Just kidding, his dad is a jerk. But the issue with there being friendly Grineer is that it would...kinda defeat lore purposes. The Corpus worship the Orokin and hate the Tenno because of what they did to them. Darvo knows that the Tenno don't remember it, though.

The Grineer just don't care. They're xenophobic zealots that believe in supremacy and domination. It's probably hard-wired into their genes. And in a society that births you over and over and over, it's probably not a good idea to say no to them. Besides, Grineer are falling apart at the seams. A friendly Grineer is basically saying goodbye to life support.

i once had a Grineer buddy

he made it to minute 36 in  a infested survival (he lived)

but he escaped on a escape pod(like those in invasion) while i left on my pimp ship

after searching for some weeks i found out that he's alive and has joined Forces with John Prodman.

They are traveling the System in Unicorn Shaped ships hunting for the Kawaii-Stalker 

Edited by AngelGuardcc

There's been talk on a new Laborer Class supposedly from the Grineer faction. I highly doubt it would be friendly tho. Also, the Grineer we see are simply soldiers, not actual members of the supposed Genetically Reengineered empire. Perhaps the real members of the Grineer empire are just normal people who think the Tenno are heroes but meh

One day you will turn a wrong corner in a Grineer Galleon and enter the mess hall. There you will find an aged grineer grandmother, holding a tray of cookies.

"Oh dearie me, you look famished. Have a cookie."

... I have no objections to this.

That said, it doesn't make much sense to have an allied Grineer, when they are our sworn enemies. Remember, Darvo only works with us because it's profitable.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. Fixed.

Edited by Corvid

The difficulty with this is, while the Corpus setup as merchant and capitalists works for Darvo to strike out on his own to make a buck, the Grineer fascist(communist?) military design keeps everyone in a particular line and together. IF we were to have a Grineer ally, I hink they would have to be associated with some larger group.

Enter Proxy Wars and a Tenno-supporting Rebel Grineer Faction? Dunno what he/she could do outside of that, but it's a thought.

I'm all for a friendly Grineer.  Hopefully it's a female that wants to overthrow the twin queens or something.  Maybe a scientist or rebel leader that is against the meaningless expansion of the Grineer empire and senseless deaths of cloned brethren.  Someone who realizes that further cloning will result in complete degeneration of the Grineer one day.

...and there's this problem with the OP:

geBR3.png

Bald Eagle chan is not amused...  =/

Edited by sushidubya