Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

Did DE originally intend a last minute second timer? No.
Do we want to trust Dev that they need just 1 week more time? Yes.
For those of you we've let down, see you next Wednesday and please play the apology alerts if they appeal to you - otherwise, see you Friday for a playthrough on the stream.

i was dissapointed too, but hey... It's better to wait a little bit more until it's u13 is polished... there's a lot of new stuff in there!

Well, that would be good if they started the hype, oh, I don't know, tomorrow? But it started last week, so it was only logical to think, that U13 is coming today.

I can wait, no rpoblem. But ton't hype me and say, that it'll be delayed. It's like showing the child a cookie, and eating it by yourself saying "Sorry, you'll get one next week"

"otherwise, see you Friday for a playthrough on the stream."

Oh, that means the update will be ready untill friday? Well, that's even more disappointing...

Edited by Angius

Yes, they are working hard, but they just teased images for a straight week. The usual way those go is updating the game when the final image is revealed, and we got a timer. I can't say I'm not disappointed but I also can't say I hate DE for this. Something must have either gone wrong, or they realized that some things could be improved and they wanted another week. Yeah, I was really looking forward to it today, as I've been watching the systems page for the past week, but we just need to deal with it.

Interesting but that begs the question. What are they up to that needs an additional week if they thought they could have had it finished today?

This isnt like anything DE has dont before. They are working on a New Boss that has multiple phases and complex scripting from what ive heard they are trying to do with it, The Badlands and Solar Rails, A new tile set, New Weapons, New Warframe, and heres the big one. They completely remade how melee works along with multiple new animations and combos for all weapon types along with a new combo multiplier system and reworked enemy AI so they react according to the new melee system.

This is the biggest Update DE has done to date just for the fact they are adding something so game changing as a completely reworked Melee System.

We could have ONLY gotten Melee 2.0 but DE is actually putting in the extra effort of adding in the new bosses, warframe, Tile Sets, Dojo Content. They are really going the whole nine yards with this update.

Personally I have waited a while for this update and we now have a good guess of when the Update will finally hit. So im fine with waiting a little extra time for them to work out the dents in an update this huge that could have many, many, many errors on launch if they just decided to ship it out now.

But hey on a forum ive learned people will complain about pretty much anything just to pass the time.

Alright… this is just dumb. With U13 being setback… One thing should be noted. One thing. All of these posts about “WTF DE WHY YOU NO GIVE UPDATE?!” and “YOU PROMISED AN UPDATE, YOU LIED, YOU ARE A HORRIBLE COMPANY!”.

It should be made clear that none of us deserve an update from them. We don’t deserve any compensation. Its not our game, it’s DE’s.

"Oh, but I played real money on this game, I deserve something."

- No... you don't. You didn't buy any part of the company or the game. You have already gotten what you deserved... In. Game. Currency.

Its fine that you are upset, I’m not saying you don’t have a right to complain or voice your opinion. I would just like to make one thing clear. We deserve nothing from DE.

A problem happened, they had to move it back. DE is not perfect, they are not gods. DE is a company owned and run by humans. And there is this thing called human error. We all have it.

They didn't meed their deadline, get over it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot wait to see all the hate this post gets...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also said massage on accident, oh well. You'll get a virtual one whether you post or not.

Edited by UnholySkript

It was badly handled, the massive hype the rotating daily news, the teaser sight then... Just another timer? That was simply bad handling of the situation. More so as it seems this update has consumed all but the most basic of fixes and alterations for some time.

If we'd been told 'We are sorry, but owing to [detail on actual problem] it will be delayed, that would have abated much of the anger which is as much how we found out as what we found out.

That said, if they are going to do it, they should do it right. But by same token I personally wont get too hung up on it being next week, or happening at all at this stage.

They seem to want it both ways, the glory publicity and accolades of massive hype, and the freedom to say 'its done when its done'.

Hey...another whiteknight....no one needs those...you can leave now. 

Hey...another downer/hater/partypooper....no one needs those...you can leave now.

in dire times like this we needs white knights to shine light on the path forward.

Edited by Adaptor-Face

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing they promised was the system, not the release date. Sure they had the date set but no good game developer is going to say "I promise" simply because they can't actually ensure that everything will work according to plan.

I am kind of chuffed that DE was responsible enough to delay instead of release buggy content, and the fact that they made the retreat on D-day just means that they actually did put effort into getting it here on time, otherwise they would have delayed it earlier.

I am with you. The majority of Warframe player base is mature and friendly, but there is a minority that tends to forget that we're all on the same team here, and it only takes a few of them throwing their primes out of the cots to ripple through the forums and cause an unsettling environment. It's disappointing. 

+1