The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pointless Login Bonuses

UmbraMachina

For the past few days, I've repeatedly recieved EXP for my sentinel and sentinal weapon. The problem is, I don't own a Sentinel. I feel that there should be a fix implimented so that you don't recieve sentinal-related bonuses if you don't have a sentinel.

OP: If you don't want sentinel xp to get wasted go get one.

The Login Bonuses except Plat Discounts are indeed worthless, the rewards should all be much more valuable!

Why? All the login bonuses are is a little reward for logging in. Realistically, DE shouldn't have to 'buy' your login. And if you were going to log in either way it really shouldn't matter whether or not you get something that you deem 'valuable'. 

Login rewards should not be a priority. It's already free stuff, I can't complain.

I would agree though that the bonus affinity ones are a tad bit annoying to get all the time. I often only have one weapon of each type that really needs it, and it's usually not equipped. (I assume it's applied to your equipped weapon/frame/sentinel?) It's not exactly exciting when you know every day that it'll likely end up doing absolutely nothing for you. I'd like to see mods in there, perhaps.

Although, just the other day, I got a 75% off platinum purchase. That was pretty exciting. Still, it likely won't happen again for a while.

So... nothing is free? That explains why I have so much of it.

No. He's saying that the stuff the login bonuses give you is free. They didn't have to give you the bonuses and their priorities is to provide new content, not fix stuff that doesn't have to be there.

Its free and they don't have to do it. On a list of priorities it should be pretty low.

I also can't see it taking more than a few minuets to fix it so that it won't give you something that is actually useless.

Or maybe just make the XP bonuses items that we can use on demand.

Hey Devs!!!!  You know that free stuff you give us when don't actually do anything but log-in to the game?  Yeah, well I don't want to say thanks or anything for when the good stuff comes about, 'cause I deserve nothing but good stuff, and I know you know what I want.

What I do want to say is F-Off for giving me stuff I don't want!  Yeah screw you and all the free stuff!

Calm down children.  I know if I were a dev reading threads like this one (that come up about once a month at least) i'd be tempted to get passive aggressive and just remove the log-in rewards all together.

For the past few days, I've repeatedly recieved EXP for my sentinel and sentinal weapon. The problem is, I don't own a Sentinel. I feel that there should be a fix implimented so that you don't recieve sentinal-related bonuses if you don't have a sentinel.

Look at it this way, you can win something for free, but rarely. But the good thing is that it's free, they don't even have to give login rewards, it's their good will.

Scaling with mastery level might be a good idea.

I'm rank 10, nearly 11. How many glaive and gorgon BPs do I really need eh?

I've got all frames so don't need banshee research.

Keys, forma and reactors pls :)

Edit: Ay least PC players can get plat discounts :(

Edited by (PS4)Auldar

I should probably restate my point.

What the devs could do to improve the situation:

- Don't give people bonus affinity for things they don't have
- If an equipped item is at 30, don't provide affinity for it

No pressure on the devs, just a suggestion.

id rather have variable credit rewards on login, at least i can use credits, cant say any of the others are of use to me atm, fine for new players tho i suppose.

ive just kinda gotten used to ignoring the login stuff.

Edited by Methanoid